Flashback [The Seaside Market] And so they met

(Ximal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Seaside Market] And so they met

Postby Fallon on May 8th, 2013, 3:47 pm

“Nader-canoch is the language of early humans,” she looked slightly distant for a moment as she tried to remember the little pieces she knew about the language, “Otherwise known as ancient tongue. Either way Nader means ‘ours’ in the plural sense and canoch means word… or is it speech. You get the idea though. It’s an old and mostly dead language.”

She dipped the nib into the ink, scratching down the words he had said in a shorter format. It made sense that the man would rather read about adventure than other subjects, but she did not knock him for it. There was no need to, he only wished to live a dream, and by having a dream he carried hope. Something that for the moment was entirely lost to the girl. Her escape after all had only just been achieved and was difficult to determine if it was indeed real- and that she was truly free for the moment.

“Then adventure it shall be,” She gave a nod as she continued to write, her eyes reading over her writing before she continued again “And a fools thought? It’s a dream, a hope. It’s something that keeps people going. And it allows people to well… it allows them to survive I guess.” There was a moment of a low chuckle upon her lips, her own thoughts slowly turning over “So if you are the supposed hero of this story, this tale to be weaved about you and the adventures in which you see the true eye of the world, and stand up to face the truths of it, where shall we begin?” Her face turned to one of seriousness, as something slowly became set within her mind and her choice having been clearly made “For if they are a hero as you describe, even they must start from the simplest of beginnings. After all we all come into the world in the same fashion. Kicking and screaming,” she pointed the quill nib at the man “give me a saga, an adventure worth writing about, be a hero that does not grease his palms or have his name sung because of money. Become a man of legend… if you dare to that is.”
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on May 18th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Nader canoch, the language of the early humans ? Interesting, so the nader means our or ours. and canoch, means words or speech. Interesting. I'll keep this some where in mind. Xi shifted in his seating a little hearing about how it was a dead language, or at least mostly. But a really old language to boot. Xi's mind began to roll some ideas around his head but couldn't help but watch fallon as she began to scribble down some things upon her book, Xi couldn't see what they were and he probably wouldn't have too seeing how her face was changing. Xi rose his hand to his face his finger tips and his thumb pressed into his eye's lightly as his mouth opened in a slow yawn, for some reason the time was catching up with him swiftly. The scribbling across the tent continued as Xi swung himself around to lie down upon his bedroll.

Then she spoke up, he slitted his eye's open and glanced across to her, catching the end of her nod as the scribblings continued upon the paper. Then the chat continued , it seemed as if the woman across from him wanted some sort of theological debate. Xi closed his eye's again. "Hope. Hope is something that those without freedom have, hope is something that allows people to live ion a situation which is hopeless. Will, is what allows someone to escape, will is what allows someone to survive. Hope is but a tool constructed to help harness and hone a person's will. Will...Adventure is about the will to grasp, the will to do something which no-one else has ever done or will ever do again." Xi's smirk then faded as she mentioned him being the hero of the story. Xi took a deep breath and shook his head lightly. "I'm no hero, I couldn't even pretend to be one. Thing is though, not ever story has to revolve around a hero. As you've said every person enters this world the same way, and everyone goes out. Yet it's the time, place, and method that differ. Thing is the worlds true face is of one that is uncaring, cold, cruel. Those who've survived the worst the world can throw at them know this simple truth. If you want to survive this world, you have to be stronger than it. One fact is simple. Power, only respects power. And power, is the only measure of power. A hero has to be strong."

Xi stretched along the floor and yawned again before thinking about the next line of sentencing. "A saga that's worth writing about, a tale of adventure, tragedy, comedy, romance, and truth...The thing is, you cannot have a low without a high, a tragedy without a glory. A hero should have his name held up in reverence because of his deeds. Money may be a single motivator, but a hero should go and do more for the betterment of his fellow man. To go on a quest to save those who do not deserve to be put under the thumb of oppression and evil. So write a story about a man from humble beginnings who rose up not above his fellow man, but as one of them, one of when with a will stronger than most, a will that makes steel look flimsy in comparison, that makes gems seem dull next to it's lustre." Xi kept his face straight now. The idea of a person who was no better than another except through his resolve to do what was right.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on May 23rd, 2013, 11:27 am

Fallon paused. The quill scratching against the surface, a small circle being drawn in the corner before finally lifting. There was no comment made, for there was nothing she could say that would be deemed as ‘right’. And with that, the somewhat foolish notion of writing and stories was snuffed out. A hero had to be strong, he had to have willpower, and he had to have so many other things, apparently. Then there was the murmur of adventure, and how hope was little more than a sign of will and allowed people to survive. The girl sealed the ink vial, the quill lowered and put away carefully.

“Then I must still be living in hope,” the book snapped shut and was placed to one side, sealing off all notions of writing – for the moment at least. Carefully she went to her bag once more, unloading the bedroll and laying it out on the side that she had positioned herself. The bag was then placed above where her head would lay, and the coat left spread across the mat. She only glanced once at Ximal, and that was when he yawned loudly followed by a mumble of words about how a true hero would go questing to help others without the thought of money. Of course, then there was what he thought on what should be written, which she only kept to memory for the moment. Reclining back, Fallon looked upon the roof of the tent eyes blinking at it. Her hands went behind her head, resting upon them as she thought.

“Am I keeping you up?” She commented “Or am I sending you to sleep with the dull topic of storytelling?” She let her eyes close for a moment, allowing herself to relax for the moment. She calmed her breathing, taking in deep breaths in and out. She allowed thoughts and ideas to swirl about, of brave men fighting monsters, of those defending the weak because it was right, before returning her thoughts to what was at hand. She was still in a tent with a near stranger after all.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on June 15th, 2013, 3:29 pm

She must still living in hope ? Xi sighed and responded to fallon's question about keeping him up. "No your not, the thing is I've been up for a long time so if i yawn it's not your fault. And hope is a good place to start. Every will begins with a shred of hope. I look down on hope but recognize it's validity. Because hope doesn't give you the ability to act, hope simply gives you the will to live. And it takes more than the will to live to become something more than you already are. It takes a will that wants to change the world to first be able to change the person themselves...One day i hope to have a will that strong...At the moment my willy strong enough to see me through to another day to see me to the point where i can survive. And i suspect that your will is the same." Xi smirked and then let the darkness of sleep set in. Would this be the end of something or the beginning of something else?

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Orion Michaels on November 2nd, 2013, 4:09 pm

Fallon

Award
Skill XP Earned Lore Earned
Brawling +1 Sunberth: Magic is Not Allowed
Observation +2 Ximal: The Man Who Picked Me Up
Socialization +2 The Calming Effects of a Good Hobby
Writing +2 Nader-canoch is the Language of Early Humans
Philosophy +2 What's in a Book?: Things Which Make a Good Hero
Interrogation +1
Teaching +1

Ximal

You be retired. Hit me up if you ever be back.

Witty Remark Here
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

Orion Michaels
Cut to the punchline

Words: 1033425
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2012, 12:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous