PM to join Birds of a Feather, Steal Together (Shikoba)

Mongoose spies an enticing target.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

Birds of a Feather, Steal Together (Shikoba)

Postby Mongoose on April 24th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Timestamp: Spring 15, 513 AV

Mongoose was sitting in the shade of a pillar as Syna smiled high above. She watched Larks seeking out potential clients, while Scorpions and Duskers kept a watchful eye on their human investments. Another day within the Pillars of Dust, as she tried to find another odd job to do. She wasn't like the bumbling foreigners, going around asking anyone whose ear could be stolen for work. She watched, waited, listened, looking for those who were in need, and then she would provide. A Lark, having just finished a business exchange, sidled up to her pillar, leaning against it, sighing as she rested.

"That little guy tire out a veteran like you Hafra? I'm surprised, usually you're the one to drain the life out of a man."

The Eypharian woman looked down at Mongoose, an exhausted smile teasing her lips, "It's almost time for retirement, I doubt this body will last me a whole lot longer. I have enough money hidden away, just waiting to find an opportunity to get away from Jarhe. He doesn't believe in his girls retiring, unless it's to Dira's realm. But that is neither here nor there, how is finding work for you going?"

Mongoose couldn't believe how loose-lipped this woman was being. While Mongoose knew of conversational niceties, this woman was treating her like a friend. Her loss, "I think I may have found something quite... worthwhile. Should be a good payday."

The woman slid down the pillar, settling into the sand, "What exactly do you do? Do you just take any odd job that comes around or something?"

"Or something. Simple things like guard work mostly these days."

"I could never do anything that involves violence, I'm much better at tacking punches than giving them it seems. That's the only reason why I put up with Jarhe."

Mongoose made a mental note that the woman apparently couldn't fight, and depended solely on the Scorpion for protection. Now, she knew the woman had been around enough to know not to give out where she lived, and would never take a customer there. The only person other than her that might know where she lived would be her Scorpion, if only to keep track of his investments. They sat there in a silent solidarity, if only that they had to do things others wouldn't do, in order to make money. Hafra stood up, knowing that if she rested too long, her Scorpion would have words for her, and soon enough a customer was making his way toward her. Mongoose took that moment to slip around the back of the pillar, not wanting to interrupt the negotiations. She made her way to another pillar, wondering if she'd need an accomplice in her plan. She hated splitting the money, but having backup when dealing with Scorpions' property was always a smart choice. She knew she had about twenty bells before the Lark was done, and would likely return home for the day. Mongoose quickly began scurrying around the pillars, eyeballing anyone who looked reliable enough for this.
Mongoose
Player

Words: 8184
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 6:16 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shikoba on April 30th, 2013, 12:33 am

Shikoba walked among the Pillars of Dust, watching as the unsavory characters and their victims when about life. It had been merely fifteen days since her arrival in the city, and she had come to learn many things. For one, the women walking around the area, offering hands, and curved lips, also offered many other things. Information being the one she collected from them. Larks were not named after birds for nothing, as they chirped their gossip, from the day's pains to their various costumers. She had found it the best way to seek out her own customers, whether they knew it or not.

Wandering over to some shaded steps, the Chaktawe sat and let her gaze pass over the people milling about. She felt a few curious glances, and though she had grown accustomed to them, it did not sit well with her in such an area, with so many Larks seeking costumers; it would not do well to be mistaken for one. A few of the birdies', as she had taken to calling them, clientele began making their way over to her. One was taller than she, a nice enough looking fellow, while on the other hand, his company... left much to be desired. Before they had taken more than a few steps, they were met with twin, glaring, pitch black pools; as dark as a moonless night. It had taken her some time to get it right, just enough to make them back off, for as of late, she had been receiving more attention that she wanted. It was something she had not yet become accustomed to, though it was known well enough that her people tended to garner gossip, mostly because of their eyes. Shikoba watched in delight and hid a small grin, as the men paled and quickly changed their trajectory. As she watched, she leaned more closely into the shadows, allowing them to darken her tanned skin. Her long, unbound hair covered her shoulders and arms to match seamlessly with her black tunic, camouflaging as much as she could into her current surroundings.

A cursory look around reassured her that she was, for the most part, out of the sight of prying eyes, and with a light sigh, her face relaxed into a comfortable smile, the shade cooling Syna's heat. Her eyes absently roaming the pillars, she soon caught a quick movement scurrying among the structures. Having never seen a Pycon before, Shikoba would not recognize Mongoose for what 'she' was, and continued to observe the small creature with fascinated amusement. 'What could it be?' she thought, tracing the figure's progress, interest piqued, black eyes dancing with a sort of childish curiosity, veiled by equally dark lashes. The Chaktawe, a giant in comparison to the scurrying creature, observed the small figure's progress.
Last edited by Shikoba on October 22nd, 2013, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Credits to Avarice for the Sig!
Shikoba
Shikoba the Wanderer

Words: 34869
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2013, 7:50 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Caelum on October 23rd, 2013, 1:59 pm

Thread Award

Name: Shikoba.

Skills:
  • Observation +1
  • Intimidation +1

Lores:
  • Ahnatep Location: Pillars of Dust

Notes: Please delete or edit your post with this thread link in the grade request thread if able and, as ever, don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or cobbler.
Caelum
The best way out is through.

Words: 1093768
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)