Kenash's Comments Questions & Suggestions Thread

Please feel free to pop in and make suggestions or ask questions. Comments are always welcome.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is Kenash's development forum. Please feel free to post your ideas and suggestions as well as join in any discussions that are currently ongoing.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kryos Coal on August 4th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Can I just say how excited I am to enter a life of servitude to my betters? Fall is almost here!
Kryos Coal
I am the hammer, the chisel, the tool.

Words: 33756
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2013, 7:05 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandre Askara on August 7th, 2013, 7:14 pm

Eventually I want to have a gadgeteering shop, and this is what I imagine creepy enchanted creations to be like... just saying. We need to have something like these running around Kenash, and I'll make it happen one day.

Alexandre Askara
I wake each day realizing she won't be there.

Words: 23886
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 6:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mitti on August 11th, 2013, 3:46 pm

I have a small question, and please forgive me if I've missed an answer that already exists!

When exactly does a slave get a brand/tattoo? Right after they've been sold, or a little while later once the Dynasty has decided to keep a slave for a while, and not turn around and re-sell it. When a slave is sold from one Dynasty to another, is the brand/tattoo from the old Dynasty removed so the new one can be put in place? If so, how is it done, and how expensive is the entire process?

Would it be safe to assume that both procedures are rather painful for the slave? Is there a risk of a slave becoming disfigured by either process? Would Families, like the Sitai who deal in attractive slaves, be worried about having a slave that had been branded too many times? Might they possibly put the brand/tattoo on a part of the body other than the face, to protect the goods?

Thanks!
Mitti
Player

Words: 3672
Joined roleplay: August 8th, 2013, 1:47 am
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on August 11th, 2013, 3:52 pm

It depends on your slave's history. If you were born on one Plantation, you were tattooed or branded there as a baby. If you were ran through the auction, you get branded or inked after the auction. If you get traded you get your brand or ink removed and your markings replaced.

That's how freeborn can also become slaves. That's also how freeborn can loose their brands to become Dynasty if they happen to marry into the Plantation Families.

I was hoping one of the Dynasty Brats would be into tattooing and branding to run a business for it. There is a magic item planned to remove tattoos and brands to allow for the slaves to be rebranded or tattooed. We'll have an NPC location in the slave market for that since no one has stepped forward.

And for the above question on stables... each plantation will have a stables on it. The livery in town will be different.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Banickle on August 11th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Alexandre, you sick, twisted, lovely, brilliant man you! I am officially a fan. Just saying.

Coal, I believe I said, "Get back to work!" *uncoils whip* You too, Mitti! *cracks whip*

Slaves these days. Jeez.

Anywho, I just reviewed where everyone is at with their Business Plans and Character Sheets, and, unless I missed something, the following PCs still have pending plans or, more importantly, missing sheets.

MIA BUSINESS PLANS
  • Coralin Draer's Chocolate Shop
  • Rowan Morealis' Inn
  • Jonathan Draer's Chocolate Refinery
  • Alexis Morealis' Jewelry Shop
  • Adair Askara's Brothel
  • Athus Morealis' Scribe Shop
  • Solene Radacke's Shipping Company
  • Isabelle Radacke's Tattoo Parlor
  • Samust Radacke's Slave Training Facility
  • Keba Ackina's Pet Shop

MIA Character Sheets
  • Rowan Morealis
  • Alexis Morealis
  • Athus Morealis
  • Isabelle Radacke
  • Samust Radacke

Now, I know a few of you have things hidden in draft-mode, but there are a good number of you that haven't said "boo" since posting in the PC Request/Reservation Thread. So, if you are no longer interested in coming to Kenash, that's fine, but please say so so that a spot is not held for you, in particular, if you requested a Dynasty PC.

Oh, and one last reminder: Saturday, August 24th - which is the cutoff for pre-opening submissions - is just two weeks away! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, private message either myself or Gossamer.

Okay, I think that's all for now.

Long live Kenash!
Banickle
Banickle
Shall I slay you a tune?

Words: 138636
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2013, 12:36 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Adair Askara on August 12th, 2013, 2:41 pm

I've posted my business plan, and my character sheet is as good as finished.

My business is called 'Nikali's Touch' for now because I couldn't come up with a better name.

Does the actual location writeup also have to be finished by the 24th?
Adair Askara
Player

Words: 35301
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Summer on August 16th, 2013, 5:20 am

Is anybody interested in owning a precognitive Konti slave? Her abilities would be beneficial to any power-seeking individual. She was bred in captivity and cost a pretty penny. She is a possession to covet to some extent either for her unusual beauty, her precognitive abilities or her honest wisdom.
Summer
Player

Words: 2337
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 4:03 am
Race: Konti

Postby Haeli on August 16th, 2013, 4:30 pm

My Business plan will be finished this week. It's basically a transferring of the current business I own in Lhavit which will be closed since I haven't been there for three plus seasons to account for the move. It's herbs, medicines, soaps, and candles. Your typical women's and men's fine things store.
Haeli
The stars in the sky have all the answers.

Words: 366819
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2010, 9:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 16th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Just a friendly reminder. We NEED to get this city open. So if you haven't laid claim to a business and submitted a business plan by this weekend, to claim a type of business or shop, we're going to have to put some NPC ones in to make sure the city is playable. So if you are even remotely thinking of being in Kenash, please work your business plan in the next three days.

Locations can be posted in this forum for approval ANY time. You don't have to have your business plan approved by Gillar. Odds are he will do approvals Sat/Sun/Mon as that's his time off schedule this week. This week will be a busy one for us staffers getting Kenash open... so please help us out by getting your stuff posted early and finished.

Remember, in regards to NPCs... or employees for your business. You won't get approval for SPECIFIC NPCs just employed positions so you have the option to hire PCs first. Then if you can't find a PC to hire, you can just post an NPC and cover it that way.

In regards to Jobs. I'll be approving all jobs in Kenash. We won't have a job thread to watch over since I never remember to watch them anyhow. Just talk to me about it.. especially you freeborns. So far we have several interesting freeborn positions and just last night I hooked someone up with a bodyguard position for the Magistrate. So there are freeborn jobs available.

If you are a slave and unattached when the city opens, you will be ran through the market so someone can buy you. If you are a freeborn, you will be branded as a freeborn and given some leeway. I need to hear from the tattoo shop owner to settle out a few things so please contact me shortly or we'll be needing a separate division for that.

So.. T-minus a week. You have really this weekend to get things in order. Don't fail us now!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jaadis Sitai on August 16th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Should the business location writeup be posted in this thread, or should we make a separate thread for those?

In any case, I'm excited for the opening. Love live Kenash and all that :)
Credit to Banickle for creating the Sitai insignia (since I'm going to use it often)!
Jaadis Sitai
From on a throne of roses

Words: 17477
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 10:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

PreviousNext