Completed [Herald's Arm] That bit of horrid meat

Lunch at The Herald's Arm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Herald's Arm] That bit of horrid meat

Postby Castor on April 25th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Accalia

Spring 68th, 513AV - Afternoon

It was lunchtime at The Herald’s Arms, and Accalia decided to have her lunch there. Accalia spent the morning at Soothing Waters and she feels quite refreshed. Accalia walked along the stony path to reach her lunchtime destination, speaking to her brother through thought.

“Brother, you must look after this body. It’s riddled with scars and wounds. I understand that you need to slice your arm for blood, but the rest of your body is unacceptable.” she nagged at Castor.
“Heh… it’s my body…” Castor mumbled.

A few chimes later, she reached The Herald’s Arms and opened their doors. For what she can see, the place was somewhat busy. Busy enough to have none of the staff lazing about, but empty enough to get good service. Accalia made her way to a table where people had just left, and sat down on a chair. The warm uncomfortable feeling of the warm chair made Accalia move to the chair beside it, this one was cooler. A waitress walked by and Accalia called for attention.

“How can I help you dear?” The waitress asked.
“I’ll have whatever is easiest to cook, but still enjoyable. Ah, and could I have some water too” Accalia said with a smile.

The waitress raised a brow and walked off to collect more orders. Accalia grew up on ‘gruel’, so she didn’t mind eating most things. Two chimes passed and Accalia now has a cup and jug of water. She sat at her table staring attentively at the jag and cup, as if something spontaneous was going to happen. However, this was soon disbursed then the sound of a plate clunked on her table. She looked at the meal as the waitress left the table. From what she could tell, the meal was a simple dish with vegetables and a bit of meat.

“Hmm… I wonder I wonder what meat it is…” she thought aloud as she stabbed a sliced a bit of the meat, placing it in her mouth.

She chewed the meat and swallows it with displeasure. “Ugh… cow…” she said, looking at the slab of meat.

"Common" "Ancient Tongue" Thoughts Sibling Communication
Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Words: 47110
Joined roleplay: April 19th, 2013, 6:27 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on April 25th, 2013, 4:54 pm

It was perhaps for a change that the squire had dragged herself away from training to take part in a more academic side of things. Perhaps the location however was more to be desired, but never the less Fallon had chosen it. Besides it had been rather quite for a change, and so far free of the more amorous seeking patrons. A second advantage. The third however was so she could become more accustomed to the general public, without them knowing that she was associated with the knights. She had discarded the usual bulk attire; spring was here after all, there was no need to remain huddled up in a coat or armour. And with the discarding, Fallon had established herself to look normal. Or at least more as a scholar than a potential protector of the city.

Her eyes glanced up from one of the table as a boy walked in, peering over the top of her reading book. And although she did not raise her voice to question why he was here, she did make a mental note on his presence. The Herald’s Arms after all was a place commonly visited by adults, not by younger members of society.
Then again, she mused He might be older than he actually looks.
She made a mental note to keep an eye on him, but otherwise the ‘Scholar’ sat at her table, a warm drink before her as she worked through her book. A pile of notes had grown there, various bullet points about the history of Syliras that she had gained from memory, and from the thin book that she had before her. It would take a lot longer to fully understand the information, and more trips to the Knight’s library, but in the end it would be worth it.

Fallon took a long sip from her drink, before letting out a long sigh. It was a nice day, but here she was within the darkness of the halls and corridors of Syliras. A slight waste, but a necessary evil unfortunately. She watched the boy be served by the staff, a quick exchange of words when the meal was placed down before her. He did not look too pleased with what had been served up, but that was the curse of letting the staff decide. The squire looked down at Orvin who had obediently sat himself down next to her, his dark eyes looking about the room. He was getting bigger by the day, his once puppy state having now been replaced by a young dog. Or wolf if the public actually paid attention. She gave him a head scratch as the waitress came over and spoke to her.
“You need anything else?”
“Yeah, can you get me a bite to eat,” Fallon closed the book slightly and looked up to the waitress with a smile “Also, can you get me a bowl of water for Orvin here? He looks a bit parched.” She gestured to the wolf, putting on a smile.
“Oh my he’s a cute one,” she heard the waitress say as she walked away. The squire leaned back in her chair once more, and returned her attention to the boy with thought and curiosity.

oocJust jumping in for a bit. Give a shout if you want me out.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Berukansstel on April 25th, 2013, 6:12 pm

OOCI wish to join in as well, may I have your permission, Castor?

Hmmm... Berukansstel pondered as her scarlet reptillian eyes looked at the fancy-looking building called the Herald's Arm. She was deep in thought as she craved for a fancy meal once in a while, but in the meanwhile, she was not exactly wealthy either. To enter or not to enter... Berukansstel calculated many possible scenarios regarding the case and finally "Hmmm, I guess it wouldn't hurt... it's not like I don't have a job." she decided to enter the building.

"Aaah..." She sighed in contentment at finding out that the building's interior was warm. A Viper Dhani like herself who had been living in a desert for over a century obviously love warm places. "Welcome, M'lady. Shall I show you to your table?" A waitress immediately greeted her as she looked wealthy, wearing her expensive-looking dress and all.

Hmph... I guess humans do love their mizas... but I guess, being treated like this is rather amusing Beru lightly smiled at the waitress and decided to play the 'Rich Noble' role. "Ohoho~ yes, yes, if you would be so kind" She led herself be led and as she walked, she noticed a... man, no, a boy wearing a hooded cloak. The boy was eating some kind of food and from his expressions, it seemed he didn't like it.

Well... a waste of good mizas... I could eat that for you if you don't like it. Berukansstel thought in her mind, she viewed the act of wasting food to be very ungrateful as food was harder to come by in the desert and having shared meals with her family and nest, she didn't think that eating another's leftover food to be disgusting as long as the person wasn't diseased.

She elegantly sat on her chair and the waitress asked her what she would order. Hmmm... Beru looked at the menu for a while before deciding "I have the same one as that body does..." She said in a low voice to not be heard by the boy, it would be impolite. The waitress politely accepted her order and went about her business.

"......." Berukansstel's scarlet reptilian eyes then noticed a... wolf, a young wolf was sitting beside a woman, most likely her owner. Beru cocked her right eyebrow as she stared at the woman who seemed to be watching at the boy. Hmmm.... now this is interesting She mused herself as she silently observe the two.

"common" | "snake-tongue" | thoughts
Berukansstel
Serpentine Beauty

Words: 11266
Joined roleplay: April 24th, 2013, 1:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Castor on April 25th, 2013, 7:11 pm

OOCIt's okay :)

I left it open fo people could join :D

Let's have fun

Accalia

Accalia was eating her meal. She was enjoying the vegetable part of the meal, but she disliked that taste of beef. However, Castor was a little strapped for cash and would punish her is she wasted his mizas. So she had to force herself to eat it. She stabbed the putrid bit of cook flesh, and began to cut a bit off the meat. She lifted the fork in font of herself and looked at it. She watched as the juices drip from the steamy morsel. She closed her eyes and placed it in her mouth reluctantly. Her eye’s cringed as she chews her food. After she swallowed, she dropped her head as if she was exhausted, like eating that piece of meat took effort.

When Accalia looked up, she noticed a dog or some sort in the tavern. How this escaped her vision she wasn’t sure, maybe she was too hungry to notice. She followed the table the dog was near, assuming that the owner sat at that table. She then was a woman who was peering up every now and then at her. Accalia looked down at her food and tried acting as if she wasn’t being watched. However, this made her action seem unnatural. From that quick glace of the woman, she could tell that she was young and had pale skin, and her hair was a mixture of light and darks strands of hair.

She continued eating her meal, shooting glanced at the woman to see it was still watching her. As Accalia speared and ate, what she assumed is a carrot, another woman entered the tavern. This one wore a black frilly dress and had long white hair, longer than hers. “Hey Castor, ever think about growing your hair out more?” she thought to her brother, playing with her ponytail. However, this woman didn’t look ‘normal’ as human standards. It was obviously the red eyes that gave this impression. Accalia subtly looked at the woman with her mismatched eyes as she ate her meal. Now she had two people to glance at, a woman with her dog and a woman who had red eyes. Accalia's lunch just got interesting.

Accalia once again looked at the putrid slab of meat. She cut herself another piece and forced it her mouth. Although she hated this meat, she hated not spending the time in the real world more.
“Arh… you ‘cow’ will be the death of my tongue... what can’t you be flavourless?” she questioned the meat, pointing at it like as if she was disciplining it.
A few odd stares were given to her in the room and Accalia timidly lowered her head. she felt like she needed a swift hit in the backside.

Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on April 25th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Fallon’s eyes turned away when the white haired woman entered. Her eyes narrowed down on her, watching the gait she made as she walked in. Her ears twitched to the tone, listening before she turned her attention seemingly to the book she held in her hand. For the moment there was nothing to worry about, no immediate concern came to mind. After all it was just little more than another customer. An unusual looking one, but a customer never the less. She scratched her quill against her note book, a mumble of words under her breath as she did “Founded by the Sylirian Knights 200 years ago… Dyres brothers brought the first knights together… fortified citadel…”

Dipping it in ink she watched the waitress come over and lower a bowl to the floor for Orvin, whilst placing a selection of cold meats and lighter foods instead of the warm meal that had been presented to the boy. She gave a thanking nod to the waitress, who simply smiled back in return and continued on her way. Not before giving the wolf a quick pat on the head though. It was the dull thudding beat of his tail on the floor that gave away his enthusiasm and sudden boost in excitement. Not that it lasted, for before long the wolf had calmed again and set himself to lapping up the water. In the meanwhile though the squire lowered her book and picked at her food, taking slow and careful bites as she watched the world go by. It was nice to relax for a change, to simply settle down and do something she was more comfortable in doing other than swinging a sword around and quite frankly looking like an idiot. Regardless, she promised herself to get back to training the day after.

Fallon took a mouthful, her eyes glancing once more to the boy as he shuffled about feeling awkward. His quick and uncalculated words had caught the attention of a few patrons indeed, but the majority of them simply mumbled and turned back to what they were doing. The ‘scowling’ however was not left unnoticed by one particular patron. The furry kind to be exact.

Orvin wandered away from the side of his master, the patter of paws against the floor marking his movement. He gave a pant as he peered around one of the table legs and looked up at the boy, tail wagging. It was clear he was in a good mood, his eyes seemed bright and full of curiosity today, more so than usual. Fallon however was just grateful that he had chosen not to make much in terms of noise. He stared at the boy, or more over in the general direction of him. His real attention was fixated upon what was being eaten. She gave a sigh, a frown forming on her face as she watched the wolf stare eagerly.
“Orvin,” she spoke in a calm yet firm tone “Heel.” She watched him stare back at her, his eyes growing large and puppy like, his ears flattening against his skull. The squire was taken back slightly by the cute look the wolf still managed to produce, but she persevered. She was the ‘alpha’ after all, “Now please.”
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Adsila on April 26th, 2013, 10:39 am

Adsila got up out of bed and looked around. She had clearly slept in. Oh that was not good, Adsila thought to herself. Adsila got herself up out of bed and looked around ... what was today. The 68th ... wasn't there something that she had to do today? Hmmm ... When Adsila had a free day she always thought that there was something that she should be doing but it turned out that she was wrong. Well maybe I will go to the Harold's Arms then and see if they have anything good to eat there today.

Adsila got up from her bed, brushed her hair and put on her clothes, looked into the mirror and then looked around for her apartment key. Adsila found it under the bed with her coin purse. Adsila picked up her key and took a few gold mizas out of her coin purse. Adsila never carried it on her as she was afraid that it would get pick-pocketed from her, or stolen if she got into a fight and lost.
After making sure that she had everything, Adsila walked out of the front door of her apartment at Traveler's Row and headed towards the Harold's Arm.

Adsila opened the door to the Harold's Arm and waited patiently to be seated. While Adsila waited to be seated she looked around the place. Adsila seen a lady sitting at a table with a wolf beside her. She seen a lady sitting at a table with red eyes and she seen a boy sitting at a table with a cloaked hood on. Nobody else in the place really looked of any interest to her except for these three people. Adsila looked back just in time to see that a waiter was coming over to her.

"Where would you like to sit, mam?" The waiter asked her.

"Anywhere really is fine to me." Adsila said and then followed the waiter to her spot.

After the waiter left Adsila took a seat at the table and glanced around. The lady with red eyes was really of interest to her, but Adsila made sure that she didn't stare too long because Adsila knew that it was impolite to do so. Just as she turned around, the waiter was back at her table.

"What would you like to order?" The waiter asked.

"I would like whatever todays special is and a glass of water please."
Adsila replied.

The waiter nodded and then left. The waiter then returned about 10 minutes later with a plate full of warm food, veggies and potatoes and a tall glass of water.

"Thank you."
Adsila said to the waiter.
The waiter nodded her head and walked away.
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Castor on April 27th, 2013, 4:16 pm

OOCI was given permission from Berukansstel for us to skip her turn, untill she returns.

Also sorry if this responce is short. I have a bit of a block today...

Accalia

Accalia quickly gazed around the room before returning to her horrid remains of her meal. It seems that everyone it returning to the business… phew… Accalia heaved a sigh and continued slicing the piece of beef. Accalia decided that she would take a new approach to tackle her meal. She cut up the beef into tiny portion, big enough to hold on a fork, but small enough to swallow whole. However, her preparation was disturbed when a white dog, or a wolf, came over to her table. Accalia looked at the white dog with one brow raised.

“May I help you?” She asked the dog

Accalia continued looking at the dog with a brow raised until she heard a voice. She tiled her head an noticed that same woman show has been staring at her is calling her the dog over. Oh right! She’s the owner… how did I forget…? Accalia looked at the owner, then the dog, then her plate. Accalia had an idea bout wasn’t sure about it. However, the table next to the woman just became vacant and will be filled in soon. Accalia cleared her throat, tasting the vile meat as she stabbed a bit of meat on her fork and picked up her plate. She stood up and placed the fork in front of the dog as she made her way to the table, with the fork behind her.

“I this cute little guy yours?” she asked the woman as she sat down at the table next to her.

Accalia got a better view of the woman and what she was writing. However, what the woman wrote made no sense to Accalia. Founded by the Sylrian two-hundread years ago…? Accalia looked into her eyes and noticed that they were mismatched like hers. Accalia gestured if she could give her dog the bit of meat on her fork, then returned to the woman.

“Hello, umm… weird for me to ask but… were you looking at me when I was over there?” She asked

Castor
Ghost hunter & Exorcist

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on April 27th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Fallon watched the boy approach, Orvin in hot pursuit. His tail wagged, a glint of excitement in his gait. His owner however simply gave a frown and shook her head. She rubbed her brow and gave a sigh “Yes… he’s mine.” She watched the wolf look with large eyes, an inquisitive look upon his face. The squire clicked her fingers and pointed back to the bowl; the wolf gave a snort in response and swaggered over, returning himself to her side. She gave him a pat, and turned her eyes to the boy. She watched as he firstly peered at what she was writing, then gestured to the meat “You can if you want.”

She leaned back in her chair, her fingers arranging the food on her plate as she looked down at it once more. She pursed her lips, reading her notes through. She heard the boy’s question and nodded in response “I was. Why you ask? Well it is the nature of the Herald’s Arms I suppose,” her hand reached for her glass and drunk from it “It is rather frequent of adults to attend such a place with a more mature and intimate thought on their minds.” She inclined her head to the boy, her lip curling “Let’s just say it was more assuring that you weren’t here for the wrong reasons.”

Her head at that point turned away, a gloved hand picking up the quill as she wrote down a selection of notes once more upon the page, thick black ink blooming out onto the white, her lips twitching as she wrote. She knew there would be no issue with having this boy watching over her shoulder as she worked, if he asked she could simply answer that she was researching the history of Syliras. Which she was. Though there was indeed more reason behind it than simple curiosity. It was a necessary evil that she had to get through if she ever wanted to get to knighthood. She scratched away for a while, loosing herself once more in her notes as she applied thought to parchment.

-The Dyres brothers firstly build the citadel on the coast of the Suvan Sea in a fertile valley (hence large population/resources).

-Because of large population and building, a large amount of infrastructure rarely sees sunlight

-Sylirian, Syliras, Sylira from Sylir (?). Perhaps in honour of?
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Adsila on April 30th, 2013, 6:33 am

((sorry for the late reply, I had a family emergency, my grandma's funeral and I it was a last minute decision, and I had no internet and was not even allowed online on my phone as it was a time for mourning ... I am sorry everyone for making you wait ... I should be home in about an hour and then I will post then, I am just writing to let you know that I am sorry and I have not abandoned the thread.))
Adsila
Player

Words: 42677
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2013, 2:36 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet

Postby Radiant on October 12th, 2013, 7:02 am

Fallon :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Writing +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
History Of Syliras: The Beginnings
A Teenager(?) In The Herald

Loots

Notes :
Ah well... I gave what I could.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)