Solo A Void in my mind to be filled

Clyde works to further his understanding of voiding

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

A Void in my mind to be filled

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 12:24 am

35 Spring 513

It had been a few days since he had first unlocked Voiding. In that time, he had rested, and pondered what he had learned, both about himself and his new magic.

And in that time, he had realized how far he had to go, till he was truly skilled at it. Till he could truly do great works with it. Or even, a reasonably skilled work. For now, he was relegated to the simplest of tasks.

But that did not mean he could not try and work at it, to expand his abilities in it, and probe the possibilities the branch of magic allowed.

But, he reminded himself, at the moment it took him a great deal of effort to form the portal alone, let alone anything more fancy.

Now that he was rested, and had some time to himself, he decided to devote some time to practice. It was only through practice that he would better understand the magic.

Using his staff, he drew in the dirt, a simple focus glyph to assist him in his casting. It would aid in his casting, and make it easier for him to use it with less focus. Luckily for him, his skill in Glyphing was great. He drew a simple Focus, a large circle, with a line drawn down the middle. Prepared, Clyde held his hands out above the focus.

Feeling out for the djed inside of himself, he embraced it, felt it roiling inside of him. Then he thought of the void, of emptiness, of nothing, clearing his mind, as he had slowly learned to do through meditation.

Then he took the final step, and combined this calm meditative state of clear mind, with the picture in his mind of nothing and of the void, and also with the djed inside of himself. All of them came together as the needed ingredients, to create a void in the space before his hands, and over the focus.
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 1:08 am

It took him a chime or so of focus upon all of these things, of nothing, of his djed, and upon the space before him. He pictured it in his mind slowly growing emptier, as his djed affected the space, and pulled out everything from it. Only when it was truly devoid of everything, would it become a portal, linking Mizahar and the Void.

He spoke once quietly, in the ancient tongue, and said "Roza", which seemed to perfectly match what he wanted in the creation of the portal. As he said it, the tiny pinprick of the portal finally appeared. A tiny black spot in the space before him.

He felt a connection to the portal, as at the moment he controlled it with his mind, and his willpower. Perhaps not as directly as he did his res, but it was under his control all the same. It was simple enough to feed it a steady trickle of djed.

Once it was stabilized and open, the djed fed to it made the portal grow. At first it had been a tiny pinprick, but soon it grew larger, to the size of his thumbnail. It was then that he could properly see what he could not see. The hole in space, which lead to the void, the portal appearing as a swirling maelstrom of nothingness and emptiness.

He took a chime to just look at it, watching as it steadily grew bigger, as he fed it djed... He was almost entranced by its odd nature.

When it got to about the size of a circle made by him touching the tip of his index finger and thumb together, he stopped growing the void, instead just focusing on what he had already made.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 1:27 am

Letting out a sigh, Clyde looked at it. He was not yet tired, after all, what he had done was pretty simple. Just making a small portal. He doubted it was even the largest he could make. If he really pushed, he was sure he could manage one much larger.

But that was not the point of his magic today. He was not looking to see how large of a Portal he could make... He simply wanted to practice with his magics, to get better at what he could already do.

Technically, that had been done, and he could quit now. After all, he was getting better even by this small usage, and would be better the next time he worked his djed and used Voiding... But perhaps...

Perhaps, he thought to himself, he could do a bit more... He still had time before he was needed back with the caravan... So why not, why not do a bit more. What else could he do with Voiding?

He thought back to what he knew of voiding, what all he had been told and learned... Anchors... He was not exactly sure how that worked, but he was fairly certain by the way it had been described, that it was beyond his current skill...

He felt out at the void with his mind and willpower, felt the thrum of djed within himself, and traced it back to he portal that was being fed it...

He let his hand move over, close to the portal, not touching it, but getting within a few inches... it did not feel like anything. Did not emanate cold, or heat, or anything. It just was...

Then Clyde felt a small niche... Like, something within the portal. It reminded him of Reimancy, and attraction. That was a similar little niche, a ability that was possible through Res, but was not at first glance possible. At least, not so much as transmutation.

He felt for this niche, and fed it some djed, as it pulsed within the portal. Suddenly, he could feel a slight pull on his outstretched fingers. It was weak, a very gentle tug coming from the portal that was easy for him to overcome. But still there all the same.

He smiled, as he had figured out this new avenue of Voiding, that he had not previously known was there. He had made a happy little discovery.

As he thought on it, he knew he would need to be careful with it in the future... If as a weak Voider, he could make a portal this big... And a master, could make one huge portal... Then while he as a weak Voider could make a gentle tug, a better Voider likely could have pulled with such force to yank him off his feet and right into the void. He would need to work on it, to better control it.

Clyde cut off the flow of djed going to the portal, and waited a few moments. After half a chime, the pull coming from the Void stopped. After another few ticks, the portal began to shrink. After a further chime, it was bit a pinprick once more, and then even that blinked out of existence leaving no trace behind it.

Smiling, Clyde let out a sigh, and headed back to the caravan. He would wait a few days, and then work a bit more on his Voiding. But he could already tell he was going to like this magic. He might even be naturally attuned to it, unlike some other ones he had tried out, such as Shielding... He doubted he would ever be good at that, or attuned to it.

But perhaps some day, he would be to Voiding.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on April 29th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Thread Award

Clyde Sullins

• +1 Meditation
  • +1 Glyphing
  • +3 Voiding

You Question My Logic? :
Everything should be simple enough, but if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Lores: Exercising Restraint in Practice, Voiding Technique: Pull

Notes: I've always been intrigued by this magic. I look forward to seeing more of it. Good work, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)