The Slither of Mud in the Cup of Coffee

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Chrysanthemum on May 5th, 2013, 1:18 am

I think so! Either way, its exciting because she's extremely naive and is about to get punched in the face by reality. I shall see you there, probably in capture by the black sun! xD
"I might have some character traits that some might see as innocence or naive. That's because I discovered peace and happiness in my soul. And with this knowledge, I also see the beauty of human life." -Tobey Maguire
Chrysanthemum
is running under your floorboards!

Words: 2518
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 1:27 am

Dark Heresy is a Warhammer 40k pen and paper RPG, really archaic compared to the set up here. It is also notorious for character deaths, a lot of character deaths. Coupled with a cruel and unforgiving GM it can be really brutal.

Seems like kind of an unhealthy idea to go where one is considered a lesser, little mouse, none the less good luck with avoiding slavers. Kelvics generally run anywhere from 500-1000 GM's on the open market. At least that is what the nifty price table says.
Last edited by Ssynareis on May 9th, 2013, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssynareis
Player

Words: 16995
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2013, 8:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 5th, 2013, 1:31 am

Ahah. Dark Hersey. I've read about that and peoples experiences with it, yeah. The theme that you will most likely get slaughtered/ possessed or shot up by something at some point is pretty common. None the less, I've always wanted to try pen and paper but especially dark Hersey.

As long as they don't update it's rule to include the changes that Matt Ward ushered along. He totally turned the necrons design and theme up on it's head...but hey...we got new models.....*sarcasm* yay *Sarcasm off*
Edion DayTurner
Player

Words: 8148
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 3:42 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 1:38 am

Don't get me started on Matt Ward and his Flying Librarian Dreadnaughts and Ultramarines fixation. The less heard about my opinion on him completely obliterating the Necron lore, the better. Fortunately he hasn't touched the Warhammer 40k RPG's, hopefully he never will.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Chrysanthemum on May 5th, 2013, 1:55 am

Ehhh... probably...
"I might have some character traits that some might see as innocence or naive. That's because I discovered peace and happiness in my soul. And with this knowledge, I also see the beauty of human life." -Tobey Maguire
Chrysanthemum
is running under your floorboards!

Words: 2518
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 5th, 2013, 2:55 am

I hear you man. The ultramarines aren't even that interesting...the space marines have always been a bit over glorified but to be fair when you look at all their chapters they do offer cool lore and gimmicks. Personally I love the Lamentors...yeah...those guys..that chapter that consider to have the worse luck ever and is basically on the verge or is totally wiped out right now in current lore.

I was slapped silly when I heard those changes. Necrons had this silent/ purposely reappearing motive and actual fear factor. Now their crazy space skeleton dynasty Egyptians...who fly in horse shoes...and apparently have the power to destroy galaxy via a secret weapon or some crap.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 5th, 2013, 3:25 am

Basically safely cementing that every Warhammer 40k faction, besides the Tau and Tyranids, are just Warhammer Fantasy races IN SPACE!!

New Necrons= Tomb Kings.

Because we wouldn't want them to be original or anything.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 5th, 2013, 4:24 am

I'd say the orks are at least original and they are comedic. I love those guys, not because their really great but they manage to combine humor and genuine interesting abilities along with lore into a believable and in universe package.

Their ignorance is their strength, they are built to seem stupid and prone to getting themselves killed...but when you actually know how they function their actually the productions of pure genius bio-engineering. I love the fact that their weird beliefs power their technology. I swear...if Matt ward messes up the orks...I'll flip. Honestly, I'll be out of warhammer.

I only tried getting back in with some ork starter packs.

by the way I added you to my friends list because you seem like a cool guy. Feel free to drop me a PM when you feel like.

In fact @Everyone

can PM for whatever reason. For talking or meeting up for RP's
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Postby Liyana Winterflame on May 12th, 2013, 4:54 pm

May we meet in-game soon, Edion.

You seem like a wonderful person to roleplay with.
Lore: Drunkenness Is Not a State for Acrobatics

~ Don't be shy! ~
If you want to thread with me, PM me!
Liyana Winterflame
Life sucks? Philter that right out of it.

Words: 31532
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 8:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 12th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Why thank you, Liyana. What a nice compliment.

I am actually already accepted as Edion but have another character who is written up awaiting evaluation. Feel free to contact me if you want to arrange a RP or just talk OOCly about things.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Previous