The Slither of Mud in the Cup of Coffee

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 4th, 2013, 4:23 am

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!

I don't really have a name, I don't really enjoy having one either. By creating a real identity there always that meta knowledge that I am persona I've set up. If I remain anonymous there is only one for sure avatar you can focus on and that is my current character. I think that would be more atmospheric for everyone one.

That way when I do bad or well, the narrative isn't "oh, wow. Mister Ted sure did good role playing as Edion" but more along the lines of ""oh wow. That Edion Was quite a character. I'll be sure to seek him out again for a RP session"

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

Been around a bit, some people may consider me old. Other may think I'm just a standard sort. Seen a lot of things, been almost in every form of RP'ing at one point or another and those I haven't been in I've been exposed to and read up.

3. How did you find us?

Bored. Googled Fantasy Role Playing forums in the hope of finding a progression based world with environmental variables and structure.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

I don't like writing fights to be frank. I am the kind of guy who is more at home writing long talking scenes and even moments of just the character sitting around doing typical things. Psychology and emotions are always fun to play around with. If I have to do fights I like to focus more on ideas(conception and plans) than flashy attacks.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

I like to write about essentially anything, although I did previously state I don't like writing fights if someone can get me actually invested into the atmosphere and the story around the fight then the chances are that I will write for such as vigorously as I would anything else.

I do hate typical romance dramas though and if forced into romance prefer it to have some creative spin to it, even if that change is basic like the partner being a ghost or something.

my specific likes though would be humans. I favor humans greatly, I like making people. Not heroes or villains but people. Sometimes people are total douches, sometimes they are nice. Sometimes they are pretty grey. I like that about human characters. I have no issue playing certain roles like heroes/villains/ side kicks though.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

Actual constructed systems of sorts and races that stand away from being the standard coughed up ideas, even when the ideas seem like they might be something generic on first glance they turn out not to be when actually read beyond an outside inspection.

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

Lots and lots of reading lore. I don't remember things well and I just know that despite reading this stuff in bulk the amount of it is going to bite me in the butt later on.

Don't get me wrong. I am a RP'er, I do like to read. I just suck at remembering lore and too many details when it comes to rules.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

Achievement, sincere character progression that isn't easy and perhaps in a lot of times maybe even out right unfair towards me. Award for actual efforts and cunning ideas, that sounds expected but it isn't un-common for ideas to get your punished by moody moderators and "that one guy" in other communities.

you know...that one guy...you know him. That guy in a none structured system can basically undo all your effort and good ideas if he decides to play nasty or cause drama.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

Hard to say. Only read parts of this place than actually taken part. I guess from an outside inspection I'd like to see the relic races and magic system get expanded upon while I am here in RP. Because the relics are genuine interesting and the magic systems looks ripe for innovative playable characters to create new things in.

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

I guess a foreword about me being a lousy writer and being destiny bound to break rules out of pure ignorance bought upon by my pathetic memory.

I'm aware my name is pretty bad but I thought that if nothing else it would stand out. Besides, Who says a bad name can't become a part of my character traits and personality.

P.S It's late for me so please excuse any mistakes I may of made. Yes. I am aware that I wrote Slither, not Sliver by accident.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Words: 8148
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 3:42 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Chrysanthemum on May 4th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Greetings human! I'm new too! (;,, ^ ,,;)
"I might have some character traits that some might see as innocence or naive. That's because I discovered peace and happiness in my soul. And with this knowledge, I also see the beauty of human life." -Tobey Maguire
Chrysanthemum
is running under your floorboards!

Words: 2518
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 4th, 2013, 10:57 pm

Thanks for bothering to give me a hello. It's the small things in life sometimes, you know.

Good luck to you too while you are here. Heres hoping that you find a rival to match pens with while here.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 4th, 2013, 11:08 pm

Mmm... a human and a mouse, looks quite delicious... (wipes drool from chin). I mean welcome to Mizahar, hope you find what you are looking for here!
Ssynareis
Player

Words: 16995
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2013, 8:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 4th, 2013, 11:10 pm

I bet you get vore jokes all the time from people.

Thanks for the welcome, appreciated.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 4th, 2013, 11:17 pm

Unfortunately it comes with the whole snake thing, so yes they are quite common. Doesn't help at all that Ssynareis is a constrictor. Oh well, hazards of playing a non-human. Any way have fun in Ravok, Verilion seems like a pretty cool guy... er, runs the Black Sun and doesn't afraid of anything.
Last edited by Ssynareis on May 9th, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 4th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Ah, well. Beats playing a night elf in WOW. Am I right.

I've set myself up for enslave or death by starting in Ravok. My character being the way he is bound to do something at some point at some place to earn it. I just hope it turns out to be really epic tale to tell after he is dead or at least funny.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ssynareis on May 4th, 2013, 11:29 pm

Eh, don't sell yourself short. There is no reason you can be enslaved AND die all in one package. Though I have to say, coming off of Dark Heresy, Mizahar seems pretty safe in regards to character deaths. Unless you do something monumentally stupid, like attack a master reimancer, you'll likely live to fight another day.

As opposed to being gunned down by two Orks at long range and losing weeks of progress and XP... yeah...
Last edited by Ssynareis on May 9th, 2013, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ssynareis
Player

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Chrysanthemum on May 4th, 2013, 11:45 pm

Aw, no problem! Not sure where I might start up, but probably in Ravok as well since most kelvic end up there, (well... that's what it said in the kelvic lore).

I am not becoming dinner tonight! *scurries into a small mouse hole nearby in attempt to lose the snake fiend* (er... even though snakes could slither into the mouse hole as well... oh well. xD)
"I might have some character traits that some might see as innocence or naive. That's because I discovered peace and happiness in my soul. And with this knowledge, I also see the beauty of human life." -Tobey Maguire
Chrysanthemum
is running under your floorboards!

Words: 2518
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2013, 6:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Edion DayTurner on May 5th, 2013, 1:01 am

@Ssynaris Yeah, it looks pretty safe. Noticed that there a few none combatant based characters about, normally in places where the death toll is too threatening those kind of characters don't pop up. I don't really mind character deaths personally though, unless I am doing really awesome in progression. But then thats like losing a saved game character in a RPG, it's not really that bothersome.

I don't really hang out in progression forums, sounds like your referencing one I never heard of. The only case of orks using guns I've seen is warhammer 4000...and I guess wow...

@Chrysanthemum

Kelvic, don't most races that end up in Ravok that are not purely human tend to end up as slaves or getting permanently harassed?

Either, maybe we'll see each other there.
Edion DayTurner
Player

Character sheet

Next