Completed [The Great Bazaar] Little Thieves, Large Crowds

Kaie makes a bold choice against her better judgement, and in public.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Little Thieves, Large Crowds

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 29th, 2013, 4:00 am

Fubuki Kouri

OOCKaie, I think this will be my last post for the thread. :)

It's been fun threading with you! :D I truly enjoyed it. We will sure meet again in the future. ;)

"Hisssss...." Kouri let out a serpentine hiss, disgusted at this merchant's cowardly attitude. This man was a typical disposable grunt that most influential people liked to use and throw them away once they outlived their usefulness, but still... this man was a human. If she killed this man, bad bad things would happen to both her and Madame Kaie. With extermination by spiritists for her and death penalty for Kaie.

However, by the terrified look that plastered this cowardly vendor's face; Kouri knew Kaie had it all figured out. "Ku ku ku~♥" She let out a precise three syllables evil giggle. She was proud at herself, making friends with persons such as Madame Kaie was never a wrong step. Add to the fact that both of them were outsiders in this human-dominated city, Kaie was definitely a company Kouri could depend on. Kouri bet she wouldn't mind to help her kill a trashy human or two in the Woods...

The merchant was bathing in cold sweats now, the woman was right. Sir Belmont couldn't care less about his life, he was definitely an expendable grunt in his massive economy empire. He gritted his teeth and gripped hard the side of his stall's table. He could scream for help and shouted "SAVAGE! SAVAGE!". A knight or two would bound to show up and take care of this petching savage and her phantom friend, but... that hidden bolt could be the end of him before he even finished screaming.

"F-fine... fine!" He relented, he then swallowed his pride and angrily spat at Kaie. "Buy what you want and get the petch out of here..."

Kouri also heard the familiar metal armor clanking at some distances behind her and Kaie. Knights... great... She didn't like those kind of people. People who used their authority and power to oppress others, it was one of the lowest acts a person could do. "Madame..." She whispered. "I think we better... separate for now... if you want to see me again, you can find me in the Bronze Woods..." She made a knowing gesture to Kaie as if telling her that a Myrian and a ghost being seen together in front of a cowering human would not make a good impression to those knights.

Kouri politely smiled at Kaie and released her hand. She then unmaterialized herself and dove to the ground, engaging her stealth mode. The tiny part of her head that jutted out from the ground then began to move away from the stall, aiming to exit the fortress city.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kaie on May 30th, 2013, 12:31 am

Kaie

The intimidation factor seemed to be working. Looks like she had capitalized just how she wanted to, bringing the man down to his knees with words rather than the steel of her blade. Huh. Maybe there was something satisfying to a war with words. Kaie couldn't help the sly grin that slipped up the side of her face in victory.

"Madame..."

The clanking was nearing their position in a casual sounding stride, definitely the steps of a proud knight. So drawn to the sound, the Myrian woman had hardly heard the phantom girl speak to her. Gently, she turned her head to her side so that her focus was equally divided between girl and vendor.

"I think we better... separate for now... if you want to see me again, you can find me in the Bronze Woods..."

The small, ghostly hand gestured between the two. The message was loud and clear. They'd started enough ruckus enough, even for a crowd. They were drawing more attention by the moment and soon Kaie would need to lay low. Considering this for a moment, she gave an almost invisible head nod to signal her understanding. Of course she wouldn't leave her with just a worthless gesture after the little fun they'd had.

"I'll find you. Though you do have a habit of finding me first. Farewell."

And then she was gone, disappearing into thin air it seemed. Now, Kaie turned her attention to the even more stricken vendor who looked as if he was about to keel over from heart failure. These people had proven to be quite sheltered thanks to the local knighthood. It looked to be working to her advantage though, she had him right where she needed him. Now she just simply needed to secure a deal.

Bold brown eyes scanned the counter top as the red faced vendor rapidly placed his wares for her viewing. Splayed out across the wood, Kaie found a longbow of almost every combination of materials and styles. Everything her violent little heart could desire. What to choose? A tanned hand shot forth, slipping their way along the edges of the beautiful pieces of weaponry. Finally, one in particular caught her eye. Forming a fist with her weaponless hand, Kaie liberated only her index finger to tap the one she fancied best. A steel composite longbow.

"This one. And a stack of arrows and quiver to go with it."
She said bluntly, eyeing the vendor with an expectant expression. She considered her upper hand as a great opportunity to bargain, but she wasn't a thief. Instead, she'd simply put down a price and force him to take it. To achieve just that, she reached into the inside of her cloak and withdrew 121 Gold Mizas. Sliding them across to the fuming vendor carefully, knowing he'll reciprocate.

"Now get the hell out of here would ya?" The man grouched, shoving the weapons across the counter and pocketing the Mizas roughly with fat hands. Good enough for her. Quickly, she fit the twenty arrows into the quiver and grabbed the bow. This Myrian wasn't going to waste another second here. It was time to make her escape while the window was still hanging wide open. Wasting no time, she turned from the vendor and rapidly found her way into the sea of people once more, away from the armored patrol. Gone almost as easily as the ghostly girl Kouri, becoming one with the endless flow of bodies.

[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Emblem on June 15th, 2013, 5:02 am

Congratulations!
You Get Glorious Experience!

Kaie

SkillPoints Earned
Intimidation 3 XP
Socialization 2 XP
Negotiation 2 XP

Lore Earned
Lacking a Filter
Fubuki Kouri, Ghost Girl
What a Hold Is.
Kouri's Death
Just Trying to Make a Purchase

Other Shenanigans:-121 GM from your ledger but add 1 bow, a quiver, and 20 arrows to your inventory.

Kouri

SkillPoints Earned
Materialization 2 XP

Lore Earned
Kaie, Who Lacks a Filter
Recalling the Past
Kaie's Clan

Other Shenanigans:

Comments :
Interesting thread guys, and if you have any questions or concerns, shoot me a PM!
Last edited by Perplexity on November 30th, 2013, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Grade Corrections
Currently working at new job so I am still trying to balance it out with Miza. I apologize for any delays.
Emblem
Retired Staff

Words: 50846
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 5:56 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous