Completed [The Great Bazaar] Little Thieves, Large Crowds

Kaie makes a bold choice against her better judgement, and in public.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Great Bazaar] Little Thieves, Large Crowds

Postby Kaie on May 15th, 2013, 4:05 am

]
Kaie

74th of Spring, 513 AV

The streets were just as busy as every other day in Syliras. People of various races all crowding the paths with their cargo, all heading to the epicenter of the bustling urban center. Some days it seemed the Bazaar was impossible to reach, the bodies packed so tightly together in their desperate searches for their necessities. It was this absurd cluster that the seventeen year old Myrian woman was found. Kaie had become somewhat of an expert at dealing with these crowds, weaving between tight spaces just before they closed. It was a wonder anyone got anywhere. With the closing of Spring, the sun's merciless rays had intensified to heat the city below. Slowly, Syliras was becoming the climate she was accustomed to. Hot and humid. The crowd packing so tightly around her sure as hell didn't help either. It was like the warmer seasons had developed their own distinct scents to her in the nastiest sort of way. The strong smell of sweaty laborers permeated the busy air to mix with the perfumes of hot, freshly baked goods. What an awful combination. Nonetheless, she had to go with the flow to find the goods she had in mind. Surely, the citadel was the most popular place for every traveler from every corner of Mizahar to congregate. The diversity inside the Stormhold Castle was truly one to behold.

"Always so many different barbarians," Kaie thought absently to herself, bold brown eyes scanning the soon forgotten faces in the crowd. Yet not one was visibly of Myrian descent, and it had been some time since she had even looked upon a single face of Myri's followers. It was beginning to look like all familiarity was lost in her world. All but the Talobian stories seen on her decorated Gladius, of course. She prized her father's heirloom like it was a sack of pure gold. She never had the chance to spill her first blood with her favorite weapon, not in these heavily guarded streets. It was more than likely that here she never would. She could feel its weight against her hips as she glided through the people; carefully concealed behind her brown cloak. The only tangible reminder of her home. Her hood was pulled up over her head despite the heat, a light shadow covering her face and hair. She preferred not to draw too much attention, not because she loathed interaction, but because she knew herself all too well. Myrians had a reputation, and though her lack of tattoos and piercing didn't make her heritage obvious, some had managed to find her out. Kaie had a sharp tongue and a confidence that could quickly fuse into aggression. Or violence. Once, her short temper put her in the slam, and she'd be damned before she found herself there again. She was stubborn though. A time of misery wasn't a deterrent to keep her from protecting her pride or faith in her people. She'd gladly beat another man savagely if given the chance. Myri alone knew the belligerence in her heart.

The flow was beginning to slow now, the closer she was to the Bazaar. People were starting to reach their destinations and veer off course to stop at street vendors. It was somewhat helpful in loosening the congestion. Still packed, but at least she was able to breathe comfortably. Kaie was nearing her destination, The Great Bazaar. She knew there was more than one entrance down to the fourth tier. Kaie could almost see them now, the vast array of shiny metals, their blades sharpened to perfection. All the different shapes and sizes so readily available to her. What she was searching for was a good dagger. Sure, she had her food knife that she kept sharpened. It was in good condition, but it wasn't something she'd brandish before the eyes of an enemy on the road. Eyes flickered to the sound of chain mail. A Sylirian Knight making his rounds, judgmental gaze surveying the crowd for the tiniest disturbance. They passed each other, short lived eye contact made before they went on their own ways. Never stopping. She was just another face in the swarm. To her, he was just another cocky, self-righteous human with a spear shoved up his royal...

Her train of though was brought to an abrupt stop. It wasn't anything heard or said, but what her eyes found. Not too far away, a grubby looking child sat against the thick walls of the Stormhold Castle. Clothes were torn and his hands had a light layer of filth on them to signal his social status. If you could call that a status at all. He was hastily about to cram a steaming loaf of baked bread into his mouth, until a hand snatched his tiny wrist roughly. A middle aged man. Clearly human. His black hair was a mess and a scruffy excuse for a beard coated his face. Large hazel eyes were angry and his thick muscles tensed with the iron-like grip he had on the child.

"You think you can steal from me, brat?" He growled lowly near the child's face, gritting his teeth together. There was no doubt this was a bad guy. Malicious to the bone, and the Myrian easily noticed his false sense of confidence. Was there even anything about his looks or demeanor to be proud of? The grubby kid shook in his grip, lip trembling like he was being read his death sentence. You would've thought he was standing alone in the gallows.

"I'm sorry, Sir. Please, Sir. I'm sorry! I was just hungry," He whimpered hopelessly, too afraid to even look up at the big brute. The poor kid wasn't lying. A sack of bones was all he was, tight skin around a corpse. Probably hadn't eaten in a day or two. Her leisurely stroll slowed as she neared them, arching a curved brow at the situation. She was coming up behind them in a few moments at this speed, and could hear every word as quiet as they tried to be. No one liked Sylirian Knight attention.

"Sorry doesn't get me my Mizas," The man spit, moving a second hand up to the kid's throat. He turned the kid with his hands, pushing behind a circle of vendors outside the Bazaar. The people kept about their business, shouting requests at store counters and bartering off whatever they had with them with enthusiasm. Too busy to pay attention to their environment. Kaie watched with a placid expression, shrugging it off even. Yet the way the man handled that kid made her blood boil, and she could see the hand closing upon the throat. He was growling some threat in the kid's ear now, and no one could even be bothered to notice. Was she really the only one that wasn't so oblivious? "It's not my problem," She reasoned thinking about the Knights again. This was their city, not hers. These were not her people. Why should it be her responsibility? It shouldn't be, that was for sure.

There was something familiar about the boy's desperation though. She couldn't quite pin point what it was, but there was no denying it was there. It bothered the hell out of her. She physically couldn't will herself to walk away from this one. Avoiding conflict was never her forte. "A Myrian with a visible conscience. Everyone will just about lose their minds at such a thought," She grumbled in her own mind, thinking about the savage reputation her race had. So quickly did the wheels in her mind turn, it hardly seemed like a chime had passed when she made her decision. Kaie's movements were casual as she walked purposefully toward the man's direction. He had his back to her, his free hand pointing a finger in the child's chest. Bad idea. She was upon him in a few steps, her hand withdrawing her food knife from her pack stealthily inside her cloak. Her feet were directly behind him, her body only inches away from his. Simultaneously her right hand, keeping close to her hip, dug the knife into the brute's side. The edge pressing into the soft tissue just above his hips. Meanwhile, her left hand slipped around him, trailing over his stomach to his chest in a provocative manner. The man stopped dead, whatever he was saying cut off abruptly. He was like as still as a stone, frozen in shock. Kaie leaned up toward his left ear, letting her chin settle on his broad shoulder. A trick for the outside eye. It would appear she was caressing his torso and speaking softly, rather than holding a concealed weapon against his back. Slowly, her lips parted to breathe on his neck just before she gave her own threat.

"Move, and I'll gut you right here. Don't think the illusion of the Knights' careful patrol will prevent me either. By the time I'm finished with you, I've already vanished in the crowd." She laughed quietly under her breath, his surprise hadn't left his being. Kaie needed to get her point across before he had the audacity to respond. Or worse, call for the Knights. The child stared at her with wide, fearful eyes. Surely from his angle he couldn't see the knife that lay behind the edges of her cloak. That wasn't to say her was incapable of guessing either. The woman let her gaze wander about, looking for anyone who had seen through her little act. She found none, and so she shifted her lips to the other side of his head. Her voice became more intense, cruel, and serious. She wasn't playing games with this piece of filth. "Now. Release your hand from the kid's throat. Slowly. Keep your hands where I can see them." She commanded solidly. He grunted with displeasure, but sure enough the hand dropped from the kid's throat and down to his sides. His confidence was coming back to him though, she could tell. Her little intervention was coming to a quick and dangerous close.

"Get that off me before I turn around and snap your pretty little neck."
Why was it that they were always so charming? Another laugh escaped her lips, a sinister smile gracing their curves. This guy definitely wasn't the sharpest or the brightest guy in Sylira. Had they been in a city without so many eyes, she'd gladly let him know that. With the hand on his chest, Kaie motioned for the child to make his quick escape while the crowds were still thick. No sense in leaving him here with this piece of work when all was said and done. He departed quickly without another word, nodding his thank you before he was gone.

"Hm. What an interesting thing to say to someone with a knife to your back. So tell me, how do you think you'll look when I finish skinning your face in front of your entire family?" It was odd how casually she could dish out such phrases without hesitation. So blunt one would've thought she was asking you about the weather. Kaie heard his jaw snap shut quickly at that, his teeth grinding together in silenced aggravation. "That's what I thought," She said to herself alone, her grin widening with the satisfaction of his submission. "If I see you ever put your hands on someone again, I will personally return to slit your throat. It would be in your best interest that you keep your mouth shut about our little talk." She said in a bored tone, dragging the knife edge absently down the outside of his shirt. The man didn't say a word, and that was all the Myrian warrior needed. As quickly as Kaie arrived, she was gone again. Slipping the knife back into it's proper place and backing away into the flood of people once more. By the time she saw him turn, his hazel eyes had already failed in their attempt at discovering her. He never got a good look at her face, let alone her clothing. A voice would never hold up in an investigation, and she knew that. Now let's see about that dagger...
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 15th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Fubuki Kouri

"Ehehehehe~ Ahahahahaha~" The haunting giggle of a translucent little girl could be heard just outside the walls Syliras. "Ehehe... hehehehehe..." Though sounded rather cute with her high-pitched child-like voice, the tone was rather disturbing. The giggle upped and downed randomly in volume. The phantom of a little girl named Kouri was facing a rather large tree, strangely banging her head against it while giggling, like a mentally retarded person.

"G-get out, ehehehe... get out of my head... hahahaha!" She held her head with both of her hands and jerked it backward and forward, continuing to bang her head against the tree. She was in a materialized state and as such, she could touch and be touched by corporeal objects.

In between her insane giggling, Kouri let out some barely comprehensible phrases as if talking to someone within herself. This was not a good sign, Kouri knew it. Ever since she became a ghost, as the days passed, she could feel another... presence inside her.

At first, it manifested as illogical feelings of envy, jealousy, and obsession at anything parental-related. Seeing someone being shown affection by their parents irritated her and other people mentioning her parents angered her.

And then... it grew, it started to warp Kouri's personality; it amplified Kouri's darker traits that never got the chance to manifests due to her strict upbringing. The human Kouri was a gentle, kind, and extroverted little girl with a minor streak of naughtiness. But now, she was still gentle and kind on the outside but an evil, sadistic, and murderous little devil lurked just beneath the bubbly exterior. This devil literally derived pleasure from inflicting suffering and pain, it usually manifested when Kouri was in a fight, a true fight, not sparring or training.

Kouri banged her head again, contacting her head with the tree, and this time; stayed put. Her legs started to buckle and she fell down into a kneeling position, scraping her forehead across the tree's bark. In the beginning, she already suspected that she was going insane, but she still had her doubts.

By now, she was definitely convinced, something... someone was chipping away at her sanity, bit by bit... it seemed to be trying to completely erase Kouri's original personality and slowly replacing it with the sadistic, insane, and murderous devil of a little girl. Kouri started to cry though mixed with giggles. She was afraid, yet she couldn't believe it at the same time. In the end, would she succumb and be like those insane and utterly mindless ghosts?

Kouri fell to the ground, lying face-down. Tears of blood tricking down her face, she knew there was really no someone inside of her... she's a ghost, she couldn't be possessed by another ghosts. She knew that the impulses and voices inside her head was her own... it was not her, yet it was herself. It was the part of Kouri's mind that never recovered after witnessing her father and mother being torn by a tiger in front of her very eyes.

"Someone... somebody... save me..." She curled up on the ground, she wanted anyone, just anyone to come to her and tell her it's all going to be alright. Where was her Master? Where was Cyrus Blackfire? She had not seen him for quite a while, it's if he was gone without a trace. "Master..." She muttered, she still held fast to the promise her master gave her, the promise that he would never leave her. He couldn't have the heart to lie to her... could he? Kouri slowly closed her eyes, trying to forget it all and just sleep forever.

Not five chimes after that, her eyes suddenly snapped open and a malicious grin formed on her lips. Ehehe... hehe... I think, hehehe... I'll have some fun... She quickly floated to a standing position, hovering a few inches above the ground. She flicked her hair, billowing it against the forest breeze. She faced the Fortress City, a wide smile on her face. What sort of fun could she discover inside the 'beautiful' sunless city today?
Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on May 15th, 2013, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 15th, 2013, 4:41 pm

The Great Bazaar, 30 Chimes later

OOCIt got rather long, so I divided it into two parts. :) I hope you don't mind, Kaie

Ehehahahahaha~ Kouri giggled in her mind as she floated through the crowd, phasing through people and objects. She kept a calm smile on her face, but her extremely naughty, bordering on evil, mind was concocting various pranks to inflict upon these ignorant populace.

Her thoughts was abruptly cut as she caught something interesting at the corner of her eye. She saw a very thin dirty boy, seemed to her age, being lifted by the neck by a rather fat and ugly slob. Keh... hehehe... Her pupils turned to dhani-esque slits, she wanted to murder that petching vagik, not to help the boy but just to satisfy her murderous urges.

She 'dove' down to the ground, with on her eyes and upper part of head jutting out from the ground, engaging her stealth mode. She observed the man carried the boy away, she kept following him. When he stopped behind a circle of vendors... Kouri's eyes were greeted by an even more interesting sight. A woman... a tall woman (compared to Kouri) with dark brown hair, mesmerizing amber eyes, and bronze skin-tone also followed the man. Eh? Hmm... Kouri decided to observe this woman more and what she was planning.

Her next actions intrigued Kouri greatly, she held the man in a hold, ready to pierce her dagger to him while speaking to him about something. Kouri's eyes narrowed as the street boy scrammed for his life. A saviour I see... Hehehe... Kouri wanted to know more about this woman, but she seemed busy with the fat man so she needed to find another way to talk to her. Forming a plan, Kouri quickly turned her body and dashed below the stone floor, following the boy.

The boy was very relieved, a woman came to save his ass. If it had not happened, who knows what that horrible fat man could do to him... He huffed a sigh of relief as he headed away from the location, he passed an empty alley but suddenly... "!?" His hand was pulled by... something.

His thin frame lost its balance and he fell to his side, some of his body entering the alley area, he winced in pain at the impact. "What the..." He rubbed his head and opened his eyes to see a... "By the gods..." a translucent little girl with very long hair that seemed to move by itself, blood red eyes, and most terrifyingly; that bloodstained dress she wore. The smile she wore on her corpse-like pale face only added to the wrongness of her state. "Ssssh..." Kouri made a hushing sound. "Be quite if you want to live..." She threatened the boy with a glaring look that said 'I'm not kidding'

"*Gulp*..." The boy could only gulped in fear and slowly nodded, he didn't want to die in the hands of... this monster that looked like a little girl. Kouri smiled in satisfaction, she materialized herself and touched the boy's cheek with her right hand. The boy immediately winced as he could feel her chilling touch. It's like her hand was made of ice, this... 'little girl' was definitely someone you would not want to anger.

"Now then... tell that woman who saved you to come here to see me... and don't even think of running away... If you do... then I'll find you and..." Kouri made her eyes glowed dangerously crimson to drive her point. "I will butcher you..." Then she suddenly beamed him a very happy smile, the dissonance was overwhelming. "Okay~♥?" Her haunting sweet voice completely contrasted her previous tone and sentence. It was so utterly wrong and terrifying that the boy immediately obeyed her commands and darted out of the alley, determined to find this woman, the woman who could save his life for the second time.

After five chimes of searching, he finally found her, that unique bronze-skin tone combined with her dark brown hair... she was unmistakably his saviour. Pushing through the crowd in a hurry. the boy finally reached Kaie and tugged at her clothes. "Madame! Madame! P-please... listen to me... S-s-someone wanted to meet you... p-please follow me, Madame! She said she will kill me if you do not come!"

OOCThe boy should be trying to direct Kaie into the alley where Kouri is located. :D

Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on May 16th, 2013, 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miles Fletcher on May 15th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Miles walked through the crowds in hopes to find something or someone that intrests him as always. He slowly walks through the crowd but then an angry man with messy black hair, a beard and hazel eyes bumps into Miles. Seeing that the man was angry Miles didnt think their were any bad intentions but regardless he grabbed the mans shirt and pulled him closer to his own face. "Watch where your going!" Miles said in a threatening tone before he shoved the man to the ground.

In hopes that no sylirian knights witnessed his little altercation, Miles continued through the bazaar as he examined the stalls around him. Not a chime later the glares from shiny weapons caught his eye. Miles had no intentions on replacing the cold iron axe his missing father gave him but there may be something of interest at this stall. The mixed-blood quickly changed his direction and approached the stall.
Miles Fletcher
Player

Words: 3600
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on May 15th, 2013, 6:30 pm

g]
Kaie

Moving quickly from her previous position, she was well woven into the seas of the crowd. Another cloaked figure among thousands of others. Kaie didn't turn her head, nor did she move any quicker than the people about her. Such hasty movements would create suspicion if the knights were searching for her. It seemed she was clear of immediate danger. Or so she thought. Mid-step she felt a tug on the end of her cloak, a strong grip in the yank. Her brown eyes seemed to darken coldly, narrowing into furious slits. Nothing friendly in her expression existed then. Instincts kicked in to form a tight right fist, preparing to drive it into whoever took the liberty of touching her. Just as she was about to propel her fist, she heard a voice of a rather young child. A boy. Her hand relaxed immediately as he head spun to stare at the grubby looking boy again. Had she not told him to go? This had better be good...

"Madame! Madame! P-please... listen to me... S-s-someone wanted to meet you... p-please follow me, Madame! She said she will kill me if you do not come!"

So within seconds of being turned loose he managed to get into another round of trouble. Oh, and even better. Her presence was required to ensure he lived. What was wrong with these people? The boy began to tug on her cloak again desperately. It was all Kaie could do not to throw her head up and groan to the heavens with irritation. Myri help her. Before she could get out a reply, the boy was already on the move, clutching her clothing like a life line. Why, just why?

"This had better be good..." She muttered to herself alone. Conspicuous movement was forced and she loathed it. Who the hell felt it was so imperative that they spoke? Sending a child for the gods' sake. She doubted the scruffy man back at the Bazaar had any eyes watching him, he would've said so in a threat. It was highly unlikely he had any underground connections either. It was common knowledge that crime syndicates were practically non-existent here. No crime families or gang bosses out for blood of money. No known assassins guilds or kidnappers. So who was in the shadowed alley the child was leading her into?

Just as Kaie had stepped midway into the alley, the boy released his hold on her and took off into the Bazaar again. Gone. He brought her here and then disappeared, leaving her alone with the unknown. Coward. She should've let the stall owner give him a proper beating. Impatiently she stood, lifting a tan hand to remove her cloak hood. It dropped soundlessly upon her back, revealing a cascade of brown curls and waves falling down her shoulders. Her features were soft, but with them came a certain intensity. A ferocity that was hard to shake let alone ignore. Waiting for her host to make them self known.
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 16th, 2013, 6:27 am

"Ehehehehahahaha~" Kouri covered her mouth with her hands as she giggled in anticipation. Her haunting girlish voice echoed in the alley. Her position was now described as rather... bizarre for her appearance. She was standing upside-down on the ceiling, like a typical resting bat. Her hair defied gravity and flowed down her back as if she was standing upright.

She was like a hunting viper, staying absolutely still while waiting for its prey to arrive at its location and strike the prey with its venom, Kouri's case was far more benign in nature as she only wanted to meet the woman, not kill her. In fact, Kouri felt a tinge of respect for her, in this crowded market, she could so easily threaten a man's life and all for saving an insignificant street rat.

After a few moments, her wait was finally over, that street rat brought along the woman she saw earlier. That tall well-built athletic figure, the dark brown hair, and the unmistakably bronze skin-tone. The boy immediately ran for his life after bringing the woman though, no matter... he had outlived his usefulness anyway.

The woman removed her hood, revealing even more of her features, the dark brown hair flowing to her shoulder. Its length pales in comparision to Kouri's silvery white but it didn't mean it was less beautiful. Every kind of hair has its own unique beauty. She was definitely a warrior, someone who should not be trifled with.

"Ehehehehehe~" She giggled again, part amused and partly to make herself known, her haunting voice should be heard by the woman below her. Kouri slowly shifted her position upright and dropped down from the stony ceiling. Her dropping motion looked similar to someone slowly sinking underwater even though there was no water there.

Taking her time, she finally landed, stopping just a few inches before actually touching the ground. "Hello, Madame~" She politely greeted her, Kouri decided to gave the female warrior at least some courtesy. She lifted the hem of her dress and bowed slightly. "My name is Kouri" She raised her head and beamed her with a grin.

"I saw you threatening that fat slob, ehehehehehe~ Do you like it? Did you relish in his fear?" Kouri approached even closer to the woman, their height difference even more noticeable now. Looking up, Kouri examined the woman's features closely. "Ehehehe~♪ I think I like you, perhaps you're just like me... you like to have fun, right?" 'Fun' as in torturing, killing, and relishing in pleasure as she watched her preys died in suffering and agony.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Miles Fletcher on May 16th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Miles begins to examine the weaponry before he notices a little boy, probably homeless but he reminds Miles of himself. When he used to steal what he could just to get a meal and when he was beaten many times by angry shop keepers.

The little boy ran to a cloaked woman that was oddly dressed to be in Syliras. Miles listened carefully as they exchanged words. The boy sounded afraid and really wanted the woman to follow him. Miles grew curious and decided to follow the two.

He walked through the crowds with very little pushing or shoving in hopes that he has remained undetected by the two. Finally they walk into an alley; Miles quickly throws his body into the building wall and slightly peaks around the corner.

Then the boy runs right past him but Miles grabs his arm and pulls him closer. Keeping him out of the womans sight, Miles whispers "Here take these and get yourself something to eat" as he drops 2 silver mizas in the boys hand.

Miles posts his back against the wall again and slowly looks around the corner. He is shocked by the appearence of the little girl approaching the beautiful brown haired woman. Miles doesnt know what to do. "Should I protect her? maybe their freinds though". After thinking about it Miles decides to observe for a little bit.
Miles Fletcher
Player

Words: 3600
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2013, 7:31 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Kaie on May 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm

g]
Kaie

A haunting sort of laughter filled the air, a sound that rose above Kaie in the strangest ways possible. Was her host on a balcony or aiming a carefully positioned arrow through a window? Brown eyes shot upward on instinct, a defensive backward step following. Yet no arrow slammed into the ground at an angle her head once was, nor did Kaie notice a balcony. Instead, she found something more... Unfit. A ghostly girl gliding down before her, white haired and somewhat odd. What the hell did she find so amusing? It seemed like she was being met by more creatures unknown to her by the day. Never had she seen a ghoul nor had she completely believed in their existence. This was the person who demanded her presence? She resisted the urge to tilt her head like an animal in confusion.

"Hello, Madame. My name is Kouri."

The Myrian woman watched the childlike entity bow and flash her a smile. Kaie did not give her own name, though it might've been rude by Syliras terms. Nonetheless, she did not know this thing or what business it had of her.

""I saw you threatening that fat slob, ehehehehehe~ Do you like it? Did you relish in his fear?"

So she wasn't as discreet as she had thought. Irritable at that realization, Kaie's mood seemed to darken. Unimpressed with her own actions. Did she enjoy feeling the man's fear? The Myrian was displeased with the loaded question, her brow coming together a little. She didn't mind the "savage" reputation people had given her people. Sometimes it was a blessing, to have presumptions flying about that kept people out of your way. Interesting though, that even when doing right it was twisted into something malicious. Kaie watched the ghost come closer to her. Kaie had to tilt her head down to look at the kid.

"Ehehehe~♪ I think I like you, perhaps you're just like me... you like to have fun, right?"

Fun. It was a broad term that was subjective. Kaie understood what was meant given the context it was in. The question was whether or not she was a sadist. The Myrian neglected to answer, for how could she when she didn't know it herself? Instead, Kaie decided to get down to the roots of the situation. Her reply a steady, challenging tone.

"Did you call me here to challenge my values?"
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on May 16th, 2013, 8:02 pm

"Ahahahaha~" Kouri let out her usual haunting childish giggle, she covered her mouth with her right hand. Her eyes shut in amusement. Slowly opening them and lowering her hand down, she put her left arm to her waist and slightly tilted her waist to the side posing like a haughty noblewoman. Is she silly? I was just asking whether or not she likes to have fun... replying a question with another question is just strange... Kouri's expression was that of a happy innocent little girl.

She decided to answer the woman's question, it's impolite to not do so as she was her elder after all. "Values? Challenge? Ehehehahaha~ No, Madame. I'm just asking whether you like to have fun or not~ because... you seemed like a warrior, ehehehe~ I don't quite grasp what you meant by challenging your values, but if you want a challenge, I could play with you!" Kouri flicked her hair, as if exaggerating her motion; her very long hair billowed to the side akin to a flag flapping before slowly dropping back down to her back and calmly swayed up and down as if it was underwater.

"I can play any kinds of games, ehehehe~ Do you want to play 'Tag!'? Hide and Seek? But I guess a warrior like yourself would prefer more... fun games... ehehehe~" She half-closed her eyes and widen her smile, forming a grin with visible ethereal teeth. "Like... killing wolves? or... a duel between you and me... ehehehehehe... ahahaha! That's right! A duel seems fun! Ehehehe~" Kouri's reptilian-like eyes glowed crimson as she mentioned her more gruesome 'games'.

"What do you think, Madame? Hehehe~ If you want, we could go to to the Woods to play! Too many disturbances here..." She wanted to have fun today and this woman could provide her with it, lots of it. "Don't worry! I can handle myself! I don't really mind if we play until one of us is dead... but eh, that wouldn't be very fun... we couldn't play with each other again if it's like that..." She looked down, mocking disappointment, but quickly lifted her head again to look back at the woman; waiting for her answer.

However... she noticed a someone was watching them both. A tall young man with short dark brown hair and beard, he had a rather strange blue-tint to his body. "You~ Why are you looking here? Do you want to play too? The more the merrier! Ehehehahahaha!" She directed that statement at the watching half-Isurian young man.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kaie on May 19th, 2013, 3:16 pm

g]
Kaie

So many words in such a short period of time. Certainly this thing was really a child, the way it spoke and behaved. It acted as most children do, causing Kaie to question if any barbarian kids take a breathe between sentences. The Myrian woman looked down on the ghost child, listening to her ramble. It caused Kaie to think, to translate words in her own mind first. She wasn't poorly versed in Common necessarily, but she wasn't fluent. Play? The woman didn't know of the barbaric games she had suggested. Were these the games she saw the Sylirian children play in the streets? Kaie noted the masses still in the Bazaar, a prime time for risky takes for thievery and bartering. The former wasn't a usual occurrence, but the bronzed woman did enjoy watching the knights seize idiots who tried.

"I have no time for games." Kaie said flatly, thinking about the fact she still possessed a mere food knight instead of a useful dagger. Or better yet, a bow. Both would be great finds if you managed to secure a good sale. Besides, all she had were short ranged weapons. A longbow would secure her with defense against distance. She knew where the best vendors placed their carts. Fair prices were hard to come by with such a large, ignorant crowd of travelers. Often times the sellers took advantage of their lack of knowledge, jacking up the prices to exploit their idiocy. A cruel trick that paid off most of the time. As long as they kept away from fairly priced competitors that is.

Suddenly, the ghost child's short attention had shifted to someone else. Turning, Kaie's deep brown eyes found their way to look at the end of the alley. An Isurian man hiding behind the wall? How funny. Was he some kind of spy for the knights here to turn her him? Doubtful, but may the gods bless him if he tried. She refused to be locked up again. She might've questioned his presence herself but the ghost had noticed him first. There was no reason to repeat what had already been said. To compensate for the two fronts, Kaie drop stepped, leaving her back to the wall. Now she could see both people in her peripheral vision. No longer blind to one or the other. She did not enjoy being cornered, it felt invasive to her. A Myrian knows the dire circumstances that could come from being sandwiched. Kaie would be prepared, but for now she simply waited for the Isurian to state his business.
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next