Oh Brother Were Art Thou (Orion)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 3rd, 2010, 4:55 am

70th of Summer, 510 AV
Purpose: Meeting of two Ethaefals

Secret :
Valkalah's tears is a lava flow and waterfall in the city of Riverfall. It sets itself apart from the main falls that stem from the Bluevein as a distinctive feature of the city. While not as large as the Bluevein falls, Valkalah's tears is a lava flow, which lends it a certain beauty and attraction. The lava flow runs out from the city and onto a wide stretch of beach, where the water slides off the dark pillow lava and onto a stream on the beach. The end of the flow disappears into the tides, and only during the lowest of tides can one reach the end.

The flow runs down the length of the first and second tier and down the beach. Up on the second tier, near where the flow disappears into the cliffside, there is a platform erected for viewing the landscape. It provides an excellent view of the beach and sea, while the falls give the platform a certain charm suitable for romance. In fact Valkalah's Tears is often considered one of the more romantic locations of Rverfall, for those that desire it. Many a traveler has been enraptured by the sunset glistening off the Tears.

A common myth surrounding Valkalah's tears is one revolving the old city itself. Many speculate that the lava flow points to the location of the old city, and serves as a beacon for the Akalak to eventually find their old home. However, even more frequent are the rumors of how this flow came to be. There are no active volcanos near Riverfall, and while it is assumed the flow was created naturally during the Valterrian, there are some proponents of the former myth that believe it was created by a higher power.

Taithrosa Eldytia, a son of Leth, fallen star. He had departed his room and left his beloved Kail sleeping quitly. It was early morning and he had gone out to pratice meditating. So it was in the early hours of dawn the fallen star, return Akalak had found himself sitting in the water off of the beach below the falls.

He had stripped and walked into the water and was sitting crosslegged out in the water. It was deep enough that the water came to his chest. In the water he gave off a gentle glow and seemed to be like a star in the water. His eyes were turned upwards towards his father Leth and he focused on the inner cleansing of his mind.

After a while of meditation, he had returned to the here and now, and contiuned to sit in the water just enjoying it. The sun would be up soon and Leth would give up his domain, but until then Taith just enjoyed the time with his father. Sitting in the water in his true form enjoying the peace and quiet.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 3rd, 2010, 11:18 am

It sure was another pain in the ass night in this beautyful town as Orion kept going through locations not very well known to him, for even if he was in this place for many days of the past, he never truly managed to grasp the majority of it`s beauties. The only thing he did grasp is that it is a futile struggle to oppose an Akalak within these walls, but like he managed to stay calm before, there was no reason why he shoul change now. Looking back at the moon, he felt like cursing, hoping that bastard Leth soon goes to sleep so he can have his body, his real body back. It still was not annoying him very much, for he could pass among the streets without too many people in them, he was not ashamed of his human shell for none saw it in the first place.

Today a point of interest was the place the world knew as Valkalah`s tears, and it indeed was a breathtaking one. Even the water itself seemed to glow, wait, there was something in the water, there was someone. Coming closer and closer as his curious and driven instincts could not be stopped, he even almost fell a few times as he was now only a few feet away from the glow, and there he was a kinsmen, an Ethaefal. Orion thought about talking to him, but there was no reason to do so, and even if there was, he was too ashamed of his mortal shell to do so. Dawn is soon to come, yes, dawn may bring the forthcoming changes, it will change the situation, it will change him. Swallowing his fear, he came closer to the water and sat on the very edge of the land as a sudden question parted his lips: "Who are you?" barely more than a whisper, but a lot less than a shout, he hoped the stranger heard it. His urges going through the roof, he felt like a driven Pycon, he just had to know something new, a new name for eternity, a new friend maybe? It was too many questions to be asked at that moment as he was still looking at the man curious awaiting response.
Freedom Is The Biggest Lie, For We Are All Slaves To Fates Long Woven
Orion
On the edge of reason

Words: 112833
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2010, 9:43 pm
Location: Bleh... i like moving around.. a lot... in Zeltiva now... i guess
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 5th, 2010, 1:53 am

Taithrosa lowered his head as he heard a voice call to him. His silver eyes lost their focus upon Leth his father and master. They took a moment to focus as Taithrosa finished pulling himself from his meditative state. His eyes were like liquid pools of silver. They also held a strange depth to them. Here right after meditation his eyes were truely windows to his soul. What the man on shore saw was a otherwordly creature, deeply hurt, but full of memories and wisdom. His eyes also showed a inner strength. He had a soild streak of iron in his soul.

After only a couple seconds his eyes focused and the openess dimmed just a bit. He tiltede his handsome head, his black hair off set by the jade horns. His perfect skin raiditating an otherworldy beauty. He looked at the man before answering the man.

"I am known as Taithrosa Eldytia of Riverfall, a son of Leth." His other wordly voice said, the celestial accent clear. His voice was deep and seemed to hold a reasuring depth. Even his voice showed the inner strength that allowed this son of Leth to live each day to fight against the pain and sorrow. He looked at the man, a human, and looking into his eyes he saw someone who knew who he was, what he was.

"And who are you?" He asked curious still sitting with his heels together in the cold water his skin creating a pool of light around him.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 5th, 2010, 2:00 pm

As the man lowered his gaze away from the moon, he was still looking into the water a bit before turning towards Orion, his eyes as deep as the sea, yet as distant as the moon. He was a son of Leth after all, and that made him go through everything Orion went through, at least once. Looking a bit better at the man he saw horns sticking out of his head, it indeed was a rather surreal sight, to gaze one`s eyes onto so much silvery light, onto such strong glow and other worldly beauty, yet all it did for Orion is tick him off cause of his current weak mortal shell. Wandering wether he has the courage to reveal himself in this weak, mortal form, for even if he was looking at a complete stranger, he was still an Ethaefal, and that made Orion`s shame even more of a devastating blow.

Swallowing his pride and remembering this is not the first time he is doing something like that, he smiled as he now wanted to say it before he has a chance to change his mind. It was all depending on him now, the truth, the liberating truth or a vigorous lie. There was no Sun, no Syna to give advice on right and wrong, and no one to see if he would mess this up, so that made him uneasy, yet cheerfull.

His lips parted as slowly as if he was putting food in his mouth unwillingly, and so he spoke in somewhat lyricaly accented common: "Taithrosa Eldytia, son of Leth, i shall remember that, i shall remember you that is" he knew he was next in line for answers yet it slided off of his tongue so hard as if it was struggling to stay hidden, to stay kept inside: "I call myself Orion, my real name being long lost, but not yet forgoten, a loyal servitor of Syna" his senses dulled as those words came out.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 6th, 2010, 6:18 am

Taithrosa watched the fellow Ethaefal as he sat upon the shore. He tiled his head his eyes questioning. This man seemed so very timid and almost afraid. He was despressed that was a common ailment of all of there kind Taithrosa had noticed. He wasn't surprised. They had been wripped from the heavens and returned to Mizahar. It hadn't been easy and wasn't getting any easier.

It was able to fill the void though. Taithrosa had been spending his days frantically trying to do just that. Try and make the immortalitly he had upon this world worth while. Make it so that there was proof that he had but his life to good work.

He stood up then. Water begining to cascade down his immortal and naked body. He bowed his head to the man on shore. "It is a pleasure to meet you Orion, Son of Syna." It had never occured to Taithrosa that the man might be ashamed of his lesser form. Taithrosa wasn't. He had loved being Taithrosa Eldytia, a healer among the Akalaks of old. Taithrosa prefered his immortal and true form, but it was one of the aspects of his banishment that he could deal with. He walked to the shore and picked up his pants covered himself as he took a seat upon a rock. "I apologies for my nakedness. I find my meditation more successful with out clothing on though." He smiled then at the man, hopeing that today he would have a brother, another Ethaefal to help him, and the others of there kind.

"So how long have you been here." His questions wasn't referances this spot or even Riverfall. They all understood the meaning of that question. "I have been here since the begining of spring."

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 7th, 2010, 3:18 am

Orion could see that Thaithrosa was rather curious as he was gazing back onto his weak mortal form. Something inside of him started twitching making him feel sick, making him feel somewhat ashamed of even deciding to go this far. Never the less, he was still going to talk to the fellow Ethaefal, after all he did not spill the secret of his true form while weakened only to leave it at that, no, he wanted more.

Orion wondered what went through the mind of the man sitting in the water, as he seemed more and mre absent whit each passing moment. The curiosity Orion held for the mind of the son of Leth was now disturbed and postphoned as the tall celestial body was now standing up and slowly going out of the water. Simply nodding at the remark and apology Taithrosa made about being naked, he asked no apology, after all, he was the one intruding on his solace, and if there was one thing most Ethaefal treassured, than it was some alone time.

Something in the smile of the now half dressed man was calming Orion, making him forget about being weak and mortal for a moment. Looking back at Taithrosa, he was now sure he did not want to show too much weakness in front of a kinsmen, therefore he suddenly added a smiling, somewhat playfull face to his stature.

The last question, not really the last, actually the only one triggered something in Orion, maybe it was a long lost memory, yet it could have also been a long repressed nightmare. Parting lips and taking a few moments before answering, Orion spoke in a whisper: "Longer.... much longer" he did not say anything that could add to his answer, nor did he want to. He was well enough ashamed of his acts through the ages and even more of the people he lost on his way here, therefore he did not want to talk or think about it for longer than it was needed.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 7th, 2010, 6:33 am

Taithrosa didn't say anything in responces to his quiet statement. This was classical of his race. Depressed unable to look at what had happened in the eye. The Akalak/Ethaefal understood that, but he also understood that depression was the worst sort of enemy to there race.

Taithrosa looked up at the sky as the light began to clear on the horizon. Soon Syna would be in the sky and they would each change it was something to pounder the odd fate that had brought them to this strange place. "So why are you in Riverfall?" He said turning to ask another question. He smiled again showing that he was sincerly trying to be friendly. "You here for trade reason or to out seeking knoweldge?" His face was open and honest in its celestial beauty.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 8th, 2010, 9:44 am

Even Orion understood that his words a moment ago were too grim, and even if he was not that depressed by nature, he really did not like to talk about the past, it brought up nothing but memories, mostly bad, and even when they were happy they would end in some unxepectedly sad way. Orion did not want to be looked onto as a depressed and weak, even if he was all that, so he somewhat corrected his stature, standing up and curiously looking at the Ethaefal, it was all working out well. And the forthcoming sunrise was only gonna get things better, so he spoke slowly savouring every moment, hey, they had eternity after all... well more or less.

His still mortal lips parted to flow out somewhat lyricaly accented common:"You could say fate brought me here, or maybe i just like the city, or maybe... hell not even i know, traveling is fun anyway" he started laughing a bit at his own dumb sounding words, but somehow he was too happy to care, he could sense the sun coming out.

Somehow he always considered his own transformation a somewhat private thing, and after all, he was unsure did Taithrosa mind them being so close while something like that takes place, unsure of what to do next, he just closed his eyes. The sun felt warm to him even from such a distance, as he quickly covered his head with the hood of the red cape. The waiting felt like ages, yet it all passed quickly, cause one glimpse of an eye was enough to engulf the beach in flames, or that is at least how Orion imagined it, after all, he never quite knew how different it looks if both son of Syna and son of Leth stand so close.

It was a mere moment, yet, he could now sense both the sun and his newly regained form, and so he opened his eyes to see a truly fierce one before him, an Akalak. He could not control his curiosity as he quickly thought of a question, he still spoke slowly, silently and lyiricaly tho:"Wow, i mean, even your mortal form is somewhat majestic" he smiled a bit before asking what he wanted to know all along: "So tell me, what is your purpose here?" it was not a demanding question, more of a curious one, yet it demanded an answer in his head.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 11th, 2010, 7:12 am

Taithrosa was particular disturbed by his changes and was actually interested in watching it. He hadn't ever see his own, just knew that it happened. He though was respectful of his cousins choise to hide as the change took place.

Taithrosa's own skin began to darken from a beautiful white to a sapphire blue. His horns seemed to spark like dust and were gone. His hair stayed the same black. His face didn't really change only a few aspects around the eyes and the chin, changing it from the beauty of the etheral, to just a simple mortal handsomeness. His size didn't change at all though and he was still as large and as strong as he had been before.

His eyes were still the same deep silver, the only difference being they no longer had that molten liquid look, but they were defently that same eyes. He waited paticently for the man to become comfortable, all the while just letting the early morning light finish drying him off.

He looked at the man for a moment after his question. "Well brother I am here in Riverfall, but I have a house here, also friends, but currently I am here in the city for knowledge reasons." He paused and then contiuned. "As to why I have returned to Mizahar, only time can tell, but I believe it is to offer my hand as a healer." He said in all honesty. There was something about talking to another who had seen the divine realms that made these conversations less odd.

Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Orion on July 12th, 2010, 4:49 pm

A simple moment is all that took in order for them to change from mortal to celestial, and vice versa. Somewhat shaking as it was still cold, even tho the sky was clear and filled with sunshine, Orion still kept his eyes pointed at his brother, even tho he was Akalak now, he was none the less of a brother to him. Simple beeze covered the beach with it`s cooling power, not much bigger than dipping one`s self into the cool water of the ocean, it kept all of the no so numerous hairs on Orion`s body to stick up in their desperate struggle to deffend that little warmth they held so dear, that little warmth that Syna graced them with.

He was done inspecting the Akalak in front of him, and yet somehow he was curious, was his change still the same as usual, still quick, still correct? His gaze drifted down onto his now bigger hands, only to find them as odd, yet as plain as they were every time. He sighsed in sheer relaxation before raising both his head, followed by his gaze, back towards Taithrosa. Shrugging without any reason, but simply to check if his shoulders were still functioning, Orion was now litsening to what the man in front of him had to say. It all made perfect sense, not even Orion would dare to be embarassed by his own mortal figure if he had lives of others in his hands, but the way he currently was, all he got from that sentance was envy, some guilt, but also some warm feeling of security that the whole term "hands of a healer" flashed in his mind.

It did not take him too long to speak, but when he did, it was as slow and as lyricial as ever: "I see.... so that would make you a warrior as well as a healer, pretty impressive" he made himself succumb to the silence for a moment before going on: "Only those who have the power to give life should be allowed to take it, i admire you for that" bowing his head in shame as he had neither of those powers, Orion still did not understand why is every single one of his sentances so far fetched, so meaningful yet hollow.

"I draw, not nearly good enough for my age, i make maps, i tell these mortal fools how it was back home, how it still is..... yet i can`t even compare the things i do to the things you do" this was truth in it`s most basic form, shame, mixed with fear and all of those ugly feelings that kept rushing through his head. "Don`t mind my odd manners of leading a conversation, it`s just been so long since i talked to an Ethaefal, yet im glad i got the chance to repeat the deed, and to reexpirience the feeling" there was not much more to say, as he already blabbed out too much, he simply made his lips become as one again and gave his mind back into the curiosity that haunted his every thought.
Orion
On the edge of reason

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next