Completed [Soothing Waters] I'mma Big Girl Now

Wanda, Zadok // Favik celebrates her first birthday.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Soothing Waters] I'mma Big Girl Now

Postby Favik on May 30th, 2013, 5:33 pm

75th of Spring, 513 AV
Soothing Waters Bath & Massage

Favik descended the stone steps with a bit of bounce to her step. It had been a cheery morning in their room. Laura, Favik's mother was full of smiles and kept petting Favik's head while Richard, her father, just sat there and watched, beaming like the proud parent he was. She didn't understand why today was special, so she just went with it, absorbing all the attention her mother smothered her with before it was time for work. She'd left with specific instructions though. She liked leaving Favik with instructions. "Be home before the 19th bell." "Relieve yourself while in your human shape, please." "Oh, those mice look tasty, Favik, but you enjoy them, just... Not at home." Today's instruction had her curious. "Come to the bath house at the 13th bell." It'd been at least a season now since Favik had went to work with her mother, though she still went to go wash up from time to time. Even though Favik groomed herself several times a day while in her feline form, Laura liked the idea of her bathing in the warm waters of the bath as well. Favik didn't mind, strangely enough for a cat, she liked being in the water.

Jumping down the last few stairs, Favik bounced up to Ivis's desk. "Boo!" The man behind the reception desk looked up and immidiatly recognized the vibrant orange hair of the child. Laura had orange hair as well, but it had long ago turned dull and brittle. "Ah, there's the special girl. Right on time." Favik scrunched her brows and tilted her head a little. "Momma told you I was coming in today?" The little feline asked as she set the required 2 sm, 5 cm payment down on the desk to pay for the unlimited pool time and soap. Much to Laura's dislike, Favik didn't like towels, having told her mother that she didn't like how she felt... disheveled or rubbed wrong after being dried that way. Ivis only grinned as he pushed the offered miza back toward Favik. "You mother is waiting in the third private pool. Best hurry now and not keep them waiting." Favik's eyes went a little wide as she looked down at the miza. "One of the private pools? No way! Did momma pay? Wait, who's them? What's going on Ivis?" The male receptionist just gave the child a wink and shooed her on as more customers came down the steps.

Favik hoped away from the counter after sticking her tongue out at Ivis. What would her mother be doing in a private pool though? She knew those were a lot more pricey than the normal pool. Ducking into the women's changing room, she hunted through the lockers until she found and empty one. Stripping, she stuffed all her things into the little locker and closed it again. Heading out towards the pools completely nude, Favik passed a few women that gave her reproachful looks at her lack of modesty, themselves at least having a towel wrapped around their forms. Favik didn't care though. She didn't like towels and she felt completely at home in her skin. As she entered into the main bathing area, Favik's excitement and curiosity started to get the better of her and she started moving faster and faster. Catching a look from one of the attendants that was friends with her mother, Favik slowed back to a walk. Running wasn't exactly looked highly upon in the bath house.

Having had peeked inside the private pool areas once or twice, Favik knew what the inside would look like, but the group of people standing in the third private pool room had her confused though. She recognized a few; the knight that she'd helped her mother bath a few times, a mother and her daughter of whom which Favik had played with in the pool a few times, and an elderly man that liked having the little feline's claws kneed into the back of his neck while her mother helped bathe him. There were others too, some she recognized having seen in the baths a few times and others she'd never seen before. Laura and Richard were there as well, chatting with the group.

Unknown to Favik, Laura had made a deal with the establishment for the private pool. They all knew that when Favik got really excited, she tended to get a little loud at times, and Laura didn't want to disrupt the other bathers. So having paid the 3 gm for the parents and their child, Laura agreed to work at reduced pay to pay for any extra that came to celebrate the child's birthday with them, leaving them only to pay the normal price to get into the general bathing area. A few more had shown up than she'd expected, but Favik's mother kept her dread hidden behind a happy smile. Today was about her daughter, though she was sure that some had shown up just for a chance to bath in the warmer private pool for a change instead to see her daughter.

The little girl in the group, Nida, was the first to see Favik. "Yay! She's here!" She called out as she ran from her mother's side to the feline. "Happy Birthday Favik!"

Ledger Change :
-3 gold miza for private pool room for Favik, Laura and Richard

Everyone else just needs to pay the 2 silver to get into the general pool, then you can come into the private pool room for the party.
Last edited by Favik on May 31st, 2013, 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Always Open for Threading
Alternate Account: Ki'toka A young Konti studying to be a healer at the Opal Temple in Mura.
Favik
Wait, your leg isn't a scratching post?

Words: 29192
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wanda Endust on May 30th, 2013, 8:09 pm

OOCUrgh, sorry it's really long. Just skip to about half-way down.
As always, it was dark when Wanda woke up. She smiled. Today was going to be a lovely day.

A little while ago, Wanda had gone to the bathhouse to inquire about possible employment opportunities. Of course she'd chickened out and simply paid for a bath instead, but in the process she'd met a nice employee -- Laura was her name -- who'd invited Wanda to her daughter's birthday celebration. She'd apparently recognized Wanda as a regular to the bathhouse, and felt that she and her daughter would be wonderful friends.

Wanda had seen the daughter in question around the Soothing Waters many times (really, it was a wonder that she wasn't being paid for her work), but she'd never gotten the chance to say hello. Wanda would have loved to meet the girl, but it seemed that she was always busy doing this or that, folding laundry or helping customers.

Now, Wanda hopped up from her lumpy, poorly-shaped bed with a wide yawn and a long stretch. She glanced over to her mother, who was deathly still atop her own cot.

"Mom?" Wanda crooned, tiptoeing the ever-short distance to her mother's side. In the dim light, Wanda could barely make out the unsteady rise and fall of her mom's breath, but at least it was there. In the past few days the old midwife's condition had deteriorated, though at a much slower pace than it had been initially. Wanda sent up a silent prayer to Syna. Wanda had been using what little medical knowledge she had in order to ease her mother's suffering, since they just didn't have the money to hire a proper healer.

"Mom, I'm going to a birthday celebration today," she explained, rousing her from her sleep with a gentle hand on her shoulder. The woman stirred, wheezing and hacking for perhaps a full chime, before muttering a strained "Hope you have fun, dear." Wanda whispered her thanks, but her mother was already fast asleep once more. With a gentle -- if rueful -- smile, she took a lukewarm wet rag from the bucket by the woman's bed, rung it out, and draped it across her mother's forehead.

It was like any other day.

Except today is a good day! Well, all days are good days. But this one is really good! thought Wanda, turning from her sickly mom's bedside to drag a pale dress from their trunk. She shed the chemise she'd worn to bed that night -- it would have to be washed soon -- and donned the outfit she'd picked out. It was nearing the end of Spring, and the dress was just breezy enough to account for the rising temperatures.

Then, with a silent "See ya soon!" to her mother, Wanda exited the apartment and soon found herself on the streets of Syliras. She wasn't up quite as early as the was on most days, since people were already milling about the district. With a bright-eyed "Good morning!" smile to those passing by, Wanda joined the flow of traffic.

Instincts guiding the way, it took no more than a few chimes to reach her destination, the bath house. With a confident flourish, she waltzed in as if she'd been going here all her life -- which, of course, she had.

Wanda approached the greeting counter, and the attendant there, recognizing her, gave a small wave. He gave her an expectant look as she approached. "Public pool and soap?" he assumed, but Wanda shook her head.
"Nope! Well, kinda. There's a private party here, right? Laura's throwing it for her daughter? I'm here for that." "Ah, I see. Still, 2 silver mizas for getting in."

Taking her money, he pointed her towards the private baths with a raised eyebrow and a wave, and it occurred to Wanda that a party in a bathhouse was strange indeed, what with all the nude folks about. But she dismissed the thought. She entered the changing room, stripped down, acquired a towel from a daydreaming attendant, and made her way to the party pool.

"Happy Birthday Favik!

Wanda stepped into the room, surprised to find that she'd arrived just after the birthday girl, but joined into the cheer anyway.

Ledger-2sm

Last edited by Wanda Endust on May 31st, 2013, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Zadok Shadows on May 31st, 2013, 2:01 pm

Zadok was slow getting up in the morning. He had spent the previous night on the ground outside the city. He completed another small travel and decided to stop at syliras. Though it was not his original intention.

An old woman he came into contact with on the road a few days before. Zadok for a while has been in pain. His body at times felt completely sore. He knew it was to be expected when your a traveler who is prone to get into trouble. He enjoyed the trouble at times; it kept him from being bored. Though he should of known it would affect him eventually. The woman told Zadok that he should visit the bathhouse in syliras. That it would help zadok through his pain. Zadok was skeptical at first, but he realized he didn't have anything to lose.

Zadok made his way through the town with directions to get to the bath house. He looked up at the bathhouse. He grinned "nice. Subtle yet elegant." Zadok walked in with sort of a swagger in his step. He walked up to the greeting counter. The attendant looked at him somewhat oddly. Zadok took a look at himself. His clothes were somewhat filthy: his trench coat was somewhat worn out, his Shirt had old bloodstains and was resewed in places. His black pants had a few stitching repairs. His boots are faded and worn out. Zadok grinned "hello I would like a private pool pass please" zadok handed over 1 gm the greeter stared at it in suspicion but it passed.

Zadok walked to the changing with a towel. He took off his coat and shirt. His body was covered in bruises and scares. There was a reason why he was always in pain. His body has been damaged by many in his travels. Though with these scares he never forgets what he is taught. He took of the rest of his clothes and put is stuff in the locker, and put the towel around his waist. He was not afraid to show his body for the tapestry of pain that it is. He walked into the private room. He was somewhat surprised. There was a group of people together in the room. He didn't want to appear rude so he went over to introduce himself. Zadok walked toward the group after one of the members said happy birthday Favik "Hello. Do you mind if I sit with you?" He gives is best warm smile to the group.

Ledger -1 gm
Zadok Shadows
Wanderer if syliras

Words: 16409
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2013, 9:55 pm
Character sheet

Postby Favik on May 31st, 2013, 11:53 pm

75th of Spring, 513 Av

Favik was confused at first, her dark blue, slightly feline looking eyes, were locked down at Nida as the young girl beamed up at the birthday girl. "Birthday?" She asked, one of her brows raising, then the word clicked with a few memories. She'd seen other kids celebrate birthdays. Usually small parties of just a few kids that got together and had play time that was somehow special. Favik's eyes grew wide. She'd always wanted to have a day like that of her own. But as time went on and on, she had assumed that she just wasn't like the rest of the little kids. "My birthday!? Mine, really!?" She said, her voice rising in volume as she became excited. Nida jumped up and down, laughing, as she clapped her hands.

The others that had been already in the room stopped their chatter and looked over at the excited feline. She had scooped the younger, or well, older but shorter, girl up and was spinning her around. Laura laughed and made her way over, having seen Wanda come in just before Favik realized what was going on. "Ok, easy now, sweety. You can play in the water, not up here." As Favik set Nida down, she looked at her mother with an exasperated look. "Oh, don't look at me like that, I said you could play in the water. How would you feel if you dropped her up here and she hurt her head on the stone?" Favik processed this for a moment then accepted the safety in the choice. "Now, there's someone I'd like you to meet." She waved Wanda closer. "This is Wanda, she's a nice girl that's been coming to the bath house for a long time."

Favik spun around, Nida still clung tightly around her mid section, and looked Wanda up and down. Her assessment was quick and the smile on her face never faltered. "I remember you! You were here about as much as I was, well, before I stopped coming as much." Wiggling one of her hands free from Nida's arms, she held it out to Wanda. From a distance, Favik had guessed that the girl was taller than her, but now that she was standing right next to her, she was surprised at how close they actually were. Wanda stood just about two inches taller than the redhead.

It was about then that Zadok arrived in the pool room, his dirty beat up form stood out compared to the others in the room who bathed regularly. Laura looked over at the young man, her face conveying something along the lines of shock at the sight, but quickly covered it up. She knew her daughter was easily impressionable and she quickly came to the judgement that she didn't want Favik becoming friends with the rough looking male. "Sorry, there are other private pool rooms available, we are using..."

Favik cut her mother off after having made her greetings with Wanda. "No, this one is good!" She said, voice still a little higher than what it needed to be. She scooted her way closer, Nida's hold on her tightened as the younger girl had thought the same thing as the feline's mother. Favik was taller though and she managed to shuffle closer and hold out her hand. "It's my birthday today! Did you come to celebrate with me? I'm Favik, what's your name?"
Alternate Account: Ki'toka A young Konti studying to be a healer at the Opal Temple in Mura.
Favik

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok Shadows on June 1st, 2013, 1:55 am

Zadok saw how an older woman look at him with disapproval. He pondered why for a moment then he saw his reflection in the water. His white streak in his short black hair and his left eye was red and the right eye blue. Along with his bruised and scared body. He often forgot this about himself and it made people uncomfortable at times. And his name didn't help at times.

"Well I guess I am. Hang on give me a minute" zadok quickly ran to his locker and took some money out. He ran back held some mizas in his hands "here's 19 gm. I'm usually not prepared for birthdays, wedding, and drunken bar fights but that's another story." He gave favik the money. "Anyways my name is Zadok Shadows. Fighter, traveler, healer, entertainer." He grinned as he threw a card into the air and shot a small firebolt from his finger and burn the card before it landed in the water. He grinned "wow I really missed syliras it's been a while since I've been back in this city"

Ledger -19 gm
Zadok Shadows
Wanderer if syliras

Character sheet

Postby Wanda Endust on June 1st, 2013, 7:59 pm

Wanda grinned at the other girl's antics. She wasn't all too familiar with kelvics. Actually, despite the few run-ins she'd had with the peculiar people, they were almost entirely mysterious to her. But there seemed to be a fair amount of them wandering the streets of Syliras, and thus she was more familiar with them than, say, Ethaefal -- which she only knew of through stories, and still wasn't entire sure how to pronounce.

Up close, Wanda was surprised at how small the girl was. She was, for the most part, used to being the shortest in a crowd, yet Favik shorter still. And incredibly slim, though she appeared to be about Wanda's age. Perhaps even older.

Which was another thing the blonde thought was odd.

Didn't her mother say that today was going to be her first birthday? Eh, maybe I misheard her -- probably her twentyfirst.

Yeah, she still wasn't sure how kelvics worked.

Looking up, Wanda caught sight of a rather raggedy-looking man just as he entered. She shot a quick glance at Laura, noting the brief look of distaste which was imitated by a little more than a couple other party-goers. She cocked an eyebrow.

Well this is a bathhouse. You've got to expect that some people aren't going to be super-clean. They probably wouldn't be here if they were.

She was on her way to greet the stranger, the slick stone floor threatening to topple her, yet she managed to keep her footing amidst the gathering of people splashing about.

...But then the man saw fit to blow fire out of his hands.

Her eyes widened in disbelief. Now, that was a trick Wanda hadn't seen before -- mostly, of course, because such dangerous magics were generally looked upon with disdain, suspicion, and even hatred in Syliras. There was a reason Wanda kept her Hypnosis hidden. And here was this guy, spitting fire like he owned the place.

In fact, Wanda was pretty sure that if any guards were around, the man probably would have received either a swift reprimand or a swift knock to the ground.

Wanda, of course, had no problem with the act other than the fact that this man seemed to think he could get away with what she could not. She'd never seen reimancy up close and personal before, and it intrigued her, no doubt. Yet despite her own dabblings in less-popular magics, Wanda couldn't help feeling the effects of the stigma surrounding such things. Hypnotism might be one thing, but reimancy was a completely different beast.

OOCI'll leave it up to Favik to decide whether or not anyone does anything more than grumble about his little trick. Zadok - keep in mind that fire reimancy is not exactly taken to kindly in the city. :)

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Favik on June 1st, 2013, 9:23 pm

75th of Spring, 513, AV

Favik didn't seem to notice the looks that Zadok was getting from her mother or a few of the other people in the room. To her, he was just another person, and of course, since it was her birthday, he was there to see her. Simple as that. Her smiled dropped from her face for a moment though as he told her to hold on a moment and darted out. "Wha... I thought birthdays were supposed to last longer..." She said, her eyes shifting over to her mother, then Nida then to Wanda. Laura shh'ed her daughter while patting Nida on the head. "Maybe he forgot something. Its alright though, you have much nicer friends here." Favik hmmed a little then nodded, her smile quickly returning as she moved back over toward Wanda. "So how many birthday's have you had? This is my first. Not really sure what to do, but I know its supposed to be fun. What do you do for your birthday?"

As Zadok ran through the main bathing area, several attendants gave him reproachful looks. Not because of his looks, no, they were too busy doing their work to really get a good look at him. It was because he was running. People had to move out of the young man's way or risk slipping and falling themselves if they were bumped.

When he returned and dumped the money in Faviik's hands, her conversation with Wanda stopped as the feline gasped along with her mother as he said how much was there. "Oh, no, Favik, give that back. That's much to much miza to accept as a gift." Favik looked to her mother, her fingers curling around the money. "But he gave it to me... Its mine now, isn't it?" Laura looked at a loss. Of course she was now eagerly happy for the money as it would really help the family, but was worried if there were perhaps strings attached to the coins.

Her worry over the money was short lived though as Zadok introduced himself and then shot some fire up into the air. Laura let out a loud gasp. "No! You can't do that in here!" She said, her voice getting louder as she tried to keep it quiet. The older woman's arms wrapped around Favik, and in turn Nida as the girl was still attached to Favik. The feline was in aw though. She'd never seen any sort of reimancy before and well, the flames had matched the color of her hair. "Oh wow! Do it again!" She called out as she tried to struggle free from her mother, the coins wrapped tightly in her fingers.

From farther back in the room, the older Syliran Knight cleared his threat and moved forward. He was a average height human male, but he was thick with muscle. His hair had long ago started turing grey and he was now left with salt and pepper colored hair. "No, little kitten, he won't be doing it again." He said in a deep, gruff voice. Dressed only in the towel wrapped around his mid section, his body was also covered in scars, his were aged though, not fresh. "Young man, I'll have to ask you to not do that again. One, you seem to have upset Mrs. Primton, and two, reimancy really isn't a welcome magic in this city. Favik seems to like you well enough, so you can stay, just don't do it again."

From behind the Knight came Richard. "Alright now, enough of this. This is a party for my lovely daughter, is it not?" Patting the older Knight on the shoulder, Favik's father quickly pulled his hand away at the look he received. He was a friend of Laura's, not Richards. Moving over to Favik, he held out his hands. "Let me have the miza for now so you can have fun." Favik willingly handed over the 19gm Zadok had given her. Laura let her daughter go and let out a sigh. "Oh, don't worry darling. Its a fun day. Right Favik." Favik brightened up instantly. "Yep! It sure is!"

And with that, Richard pushed Favik and Nida, both of whom were now screaming in laughter, into the water. "Now, you other two get in there with them and have fun." He turned to Wanda, his gaze looking the young girl up and down before he smirked. "Or I could push you in as well." Laura let out an exasperated sound, smacked her husband then smiled before pulling him away from the younger girl.

Ledger Change :
+19 gold miza gifted to Favik by Zadok Shadows
Favik

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Zadok Shadows on June 1st, 2013, 10:24 pm

Zadok looked at the guard after he gave his lecture to him. "Ok sir" when the guard looked away he gave a mocking salute. Zadok was never one who followed the law to the letter. Zadok then turned to the rest of the group. "I apologize if I had made anyone uneasy. I am so used to using my magic to entertain as well as use it in combat." He assumed they probably didn't want more to do with him. He sat on the edge of the the pool with his legs in the water. He looked over and saw an older man push Favik and a little girl into the water. He chuckled to himself at their blissful nature. When Favik looked toward zadok he decided to show of a little again. When he saw the knight preoccupied zadok put his hand over the water and small amount of flames ran over the water to boil it a little. He felt the muscles in his legs loosen up a little and gave Favik an almost come hither look. Zadok felt he might as well enjoy someone's company that actually liked his magic.
Zadok Shadows
Wanderer if syliras

Character sheet

Postby Wanda Endust on June 2nd, 2013, 3:50 am

Wanda halted her approach towards the man -- who had introduced himself as Zadok -- when an authoritative voice cut the air. Actually, she hadn't noticed that she was still moving.

As the room turned to face the knight, Wanda followed suit.

Do I know him? Or... No, she didn't recognize the fellow. But he was one of the older knights. A rare sight to see.

But not rare enough to warrant staring, so Wanda turned away once Zadok's transgression had been cleared up. Then, noting with distress the pile of mizas -- Zadok's gift -- that Favik was handing to an older gentlemen whom Wanda assumed was the girl's father, she realized:
Oh! Oh. I forgot to bring a present! She cast about frantically for something she could give the girl, but the only thing in her possession at the moment was the towel wrapped around her petite torso. And that wasn't even hers. Urgh, and I can't get anything from my locker, either. Just my clothes.

Well, she had her coin purse, but she simply couldn't spare anything. What little coin she had, she would have to use sparingly until she could find a job.

He thoughts were interrupted by Favik's father. The splashing and bubbling laughter from the water indicated what had occurred during her brief inner monologue -- he'd pushed his daughters in!

Wanda chuckled, then realized that he was talking to her.

"Or I could push you in as well."

Wanda laughed outright, paying to heed to his mildly salacious undertones. She was, after all (or in her own mind, at least), simply a child.

"Not if I beat you to it!" she quipped, charging forward before Laura could drag her husband away. Wanda bowled into the man. Though her small build should have provided for hardly any impact, the sudden contact must have taken him by surprise. The older gentleman toppled backwards, arms flailing at empty air, his eyebrows shooting up in shock.

He hit the water flat-on, generating a giant wave that rippled across the pool. This caught the attention of quite a few of the other party goers, who looked on in amusement at the spectacle.

Wanda, on the other hand, had tried to catch herself before momentum hurled her own self into the water. Wheeling her arms frantically, she just so happened to catch her balance for a split moment -- not long enough to prevent her from toppling, but enough so that she had time to jump (rather ungracefully) a few feet to the right and thus avoid colliding with Favik's dad.

Wanda felt the water rush past her, temporarily drowning out the sounds of the celebration, before she popped up in a different pat of the pool. Right beside Zadok and Favik, in fact.

"Oh. Hey guys," she breathed with a sheepish half-smile, as the small commotion she had caused faded in a bout of good-natured laughter on the far side of the water.

Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

Postby Zadok Shadows on June 3rd, 2013, 3:20 am

Zadok looked up as he saw someone splash into the water. He covered his face to block the water. Seeing he was the only one not in the water he slowly slipped off the edge and into the water holding on to his towel around his waist. He looked at this situation as a way to possibly find a new companion to travel with. Zadok has been traveling for a long time on his own. He believes maybe someone else feels the need to see what truly is out there in the world. He feels he may want to get to know them better. "Well we may as well get to know each other. If you guys tell a bit about yourselves I will tell you my story it's a good one I promise you."
Zadok Shadows
Wanderer if syliras

Character sheet

Next