Location Welcome Center and Employment Office

Looking for a steady income job? Apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

Postby Khepri on October 8th, 2013, 12:01 am

Khepri slightly bowed to the lady, turned towards the door and exited out of the employment center. She was going to need to pick up a few things before heading off to the Herald's Arm.
Khepri
Ex-slave

Words: 13112
Joined roleplay: October 3rd, 2013, 1:53 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Luka Malis on October 8th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Luka stopped in front of the building. He really needed a job but was reluctant. I could just stay a an animal and stay outside, he thought. He sighed and walked in.
He looked around and noticed everyone was filling something out. Feeling a little confused and he asked a woman next to him what she was filling out. She showed him and he went to go find it. Luka started filling out the form.

Name:Luka
Race:Kelvic
Relevant Skills: Leadership, Observation
Preferred Employment: Bartender
Expected Stay In Syliras: 2 or 3 seasons
Then he waited.
Luka Malis
Player

Words: 2067
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 12:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on October 13th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Luka

Trega smiled to the man as he walked up, and she gladly took his application. He seemed like a nice fellow, and she had just the place for him to go. "I think you would find work at the Broken Casket to be enjoyable. It is a place that caters to non human's from what I hear."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Luka Malis on October 15th, 2013, 3:14 am

Luka stood and thanked the woman. He left the office and went off to find the Broken Casket.
Luka Malis
Player

Words: 2067
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 12:26 am
Character sheet

Postby Alair on October 18th, 2013, 3:22 am

Alair stepped into the city, even in the crisp fall morning it was hot, smelly, stuffy, and just plain miserable, he really didn’t like the city once inside. Too many people all bustling about, making their noises, and smells. His dog, however, enjoyed the city, his tail wagged happily, “Well, lets hurry about our business, and see what we can do.” The hunter looked up at the sun, licked his finger and held it out, then pointed down one of the many streets that led from the gate. “This way” he muttered, he was on his way to the employment office, now that his father was dead, he would need more leads, or some better paying work.

It took him nearly all day, and a helpful knight, but he finally stepped into the office, his dog at his heels. “Lets see what we can find, huh boy?” His dog looked up at him excitedly before trying to get better acquainted with other people in the office. Alair grabbed the paper.

Name:Alair Sievert
Race:Human
Relevant Skills:Hunting, tracking, orientation and land navigation
Preferred Employment:Local guide and hunter
Expected Stay In Syliras:For the forseable future
Alair
Player

Words: 7184
Joined roleplay: July 26th, 2013, 6:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Nilika on October 23rd, 2013, 1:49 am

Nilika walked into the building and made sure her gloves was on tight. She walked through the door and was bombarded by noises. Wincing a little from the sheer force of it all. This was not an ideal place for her. She went to the front desk and got a form to fill out.

Name:Nilika
Race:Konti
Relevant Skills: Teaching
Preferred Employment: Teaching, to be honest any that's available
Expected Stay In Syliras: Just this season (Fall)

The Konti turned it in the form and stood in the corner, hoping that this will be over soon.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on October 23rd, 2013, 7:57 am

Eada shuffled through the streets of Syliras, looking for the main gates where she was told the welcome center was located. She knew she needed a real job to stand a chance at surviving here. She had enough food for now and she could manage with one set of clothes, but it wouldn't be long before her food ran out, along with the money she had saved.

She entered the stuffy room and exhaled - she had made it without getting lost for once. There was a girl in the corner looking nervous and uncomfortable and Eada offered her a smile as she collected a form from the front.

Name: Eada Vine
Relevant Skills: Music playing, cooking.
Preferred Employment: Somewhere I can play music.
Expected Stay In Syliras: I'm a resident, so a while.

She handed the paper in at the front, smiling at the secretary, and sat down to wait.
Eada Vine
Player

Words: 43299
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2013, 10:37 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Altaira Readva on October 24th, 2013, 1:16 am

Altaira froze, goose flesh rippling her arms, and a chill climbing up her back. She knew there'd be a large number of humans in the center, as with the entire city, but there was an instinct in her that screamed danger - as it did in the presence of any with the ability to over power her, or on unfamiliar ground. She glanced about the room, noting any and all exits, before having her gaze fall upon a smiling woman - a secretary, she supposed. There was the slightest shift in the woman's expression, drawing Altaira's gaze to a pile of pamphlets. 'Thank the Gods the common tongue is not unknown to me.'

She swallowed hard and made quick for the pamphlets, filling it in perhaps too much detail, before returning to a safe corner of the room, her gaze not lingering on the same spot for too long.

Name: Altaira Readva
Race: Kelvic, Amazon Parrot
Relevant Skills: Observation, Herbalism, Unarmed Combat, Wilderness Survival
Preferred Employment: Anything of use in both other coastal cities and on future, solitary travel cycles. Preferences: herbalist, instructor, fortune teller, gardener.
Expected Stay In Syliras: Until the end of winter
Last edited by Altaira Readva on October 26th, 2013, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altaira Readva
I can wait.

Words: 279063
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 6:39 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 24th, 2013, 1:27 pm

2nd Fall 513AV Morning

It didn't take long before Milartek found his way into the employment office, and was soon walking through the old doors. To his right a desk directed him to take a form, fill it out and hand it to secretary.

There was no one else waiting, he presumed this was because of the early hour, so he took his time filling the form out, then slowly made his way towards the desk a smile on his face.

"Good morning Lady secretary, here is my form. I enjoy the physical arts, and as you can see my presence is noticable, so i was thinking something along the lines of gaurd, or maybe a fighter? I am welcome to any suggestions that you might have".

Name:Milartek
Race:Akalak
Relevant Skills:Unarmed combat (Competent), Weapon lakan + Short spear
Preferred Employment: Gaurd/Bouncer/fighter
Expected Stay In Syliras:2 seasons minimum
Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Words: 47454
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on October 26th, 2013, 6:13 pm

It looked to be a busy day for Trega and those working at the employment office. People of all sorts and from around the world had come into the city to stay and looking for work to earn their assorted living. With the office mostly in order, Trega took her place and started to call up the employment seekers one by one.

"Alair Sievert." the old patron smiled and looked over his sheet. " You picked an odd time for hunting, but if you're sure that is the job that you want. Good luck out there." She took the form and filed it away.

"Nilika?" She called to the next. "A teacher I see, well we sure could use more teachers in the city. Tell me dear, what do you teach exactly?"

"Eada Vine." Trega waved the next person to come forward. "A musician, the people in this city do love music. I think you can find work at any of the taverns in the city or at the docks. Did you have a place in mind?"

The next to step up was a bold Akalak by the name of Milartek. He had been one of the few to really go at it and try to find work, rather than just standing by and allowing Trega to figure it out for him. She smiled at the big man and nodded.

"The Spinning Coin is looking for another guard if you're interested?"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext