Location Welcome Center and Employment Office

Looking for a steady income job? Apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Welcome Center/Employment Office

Postby Nilika on October 26th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Nilika twiddled her hands as she was called in. She bowed her head as a greeting. After hearing the question, she twisted her mouth up in thought. She really didn't know much at all. "Maybe medicine if possible." She looked in her lap and waited for a response.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eada Vine on October 27th, 2013, 9:05 am

"Eada Vine?" Eada stepped forward to the desk. "A musician... Did you have a place in mind?" Eada blinked at the woman and smiled.

"I don't know Syliras too well yet." She rubbed her lips together, trying to remember the names of some of the inns and taverns she had passed. "The White Swan, maybe?" But wasn't that the poshest inn around here? She glanced down at her clothes and wondered if they'd even have her there. Maybe she'd be more at home with somewhere a little less prestigious. "Or the Herald's Arms." She looked at the woman and hoped one of them would have a space for her.
Eada Vine
Player

Words: 43299
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2013, 10:37 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Milartek on October 27th, 2013, 8:31 pm

He nodded. Guard at the spinning coin. He presumed given the name it was to do with gambling. That sort of crows always got out of hand. Could be interesting.

"That would suit me down to the ground, I will go and seek it out now and introduce them to their new guard. Thank you kindly"

And with that the large warrior made his way from the office in search of this 'spinning coin'.
Milartek/Artek speaking

Others speech

Milartek's thoughts

Arteks thoughts
Milartek
Strength through regime

Words: 47454
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2013, 11:26 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Adara Meadows on October 28th, 2013, 1:04 am

Why in the world was she nervous? She should be excited! This was he claimed her independence. Going out on her own. Being a real woman! Perhaps if she got a job it would help her father. The former boxer who was slowly falling further into drukeness everyday. Now perhaps she could afford his medicine as well. Agh, the life of an adult. Truly though, with her mother dying in child bed Adara always had to be the grown up. It's amazing that she lasted this long without a job.

Shuffling into the office the dark haired beauty glanced around. Everyone seemed to be filling out pieces of paper in what seating was available. Following the crowd Adara did the same. She grabbed a sheet and went to hide in the nearest corner. Now why did she stand there staring at the paper for so long? She just now realized that she would more then likely be stuck with this job for a very long time. Gross! Well, it was this or starve, or rather be kicked out then starve. Yeah get to it!

With her sheet all filled the mixed blood rose from where she had been sitting on the floor and walked over to the desk. "Hello, I'm Adara Meadows, I live here. Now I have to look for a job. I'm really good at boxing. But I can also dance and ok with medicine. I would really love to get into tattooing if such a thing in available." Why was her stomach churning? Cause she didn't want to be I'm the field of medicine, dancing would be ok; but tattooing was what she dreamed of!

Name: Adara Meadows
Race: mixed blood
Relevant Skills: boxing (comp), Medicine, Dancing, tattooing
Preferred Employment: anything where she could use her boxing. Or dancing.
Expected Stay In Syliras: resident.
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Words: 33492
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on October 28th, 2013, 4:04 am

Nilika

"Well dear, you should be able to find work at the Soothing waters. They have been having problems keeping any healers around. Interested?"

Eada Vine

Trega watched the woman and waited. She wasn't sure what she wanted to do, which was a common thing these days. " I'm sure you can find work at either child. It is up to you."

Adara Meadows

To the next woman, Trega waved her over and looked at her sheet. This one had a few skills useable a one that wasn't. "Tattooing isn't popular in this city, but the Soothing Waters is still looking for healers, and we have taverns here where you could dance if you wanted?"
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Nilika on October 28th, 2013, 6:48 am

Nilika smiled bright at the offer. She was happy that she was of use. She nodded and asked when does she start.
Sig by the lovely Trickster
Threads Currently Roleplaying With Others: 4/6
Due to RL, replying and making threads will be slow for a month or so. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nilika
Your Sorrow is Mine Also

Words: 77568
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2013, 12:51 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adara Meadows on October 28th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Well her dreams were crushed. Now she would be stuck doing some kind of job she did not even love. This wasn't the end though. Perhaps she would open up her own tattoo shop one day. She just had to get on her feet first. "I suppose I could help out at the Soothing Waters." Adara said with a small nod. "Thank you."
Adara Meadows
The Boxer

Words: 33492
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2013, 7:56 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Accolade on October 29th, 2013, 2:19 am

Nilika

"You can start as soon as you go to the building and speak with the owner." Trega waved the woman off ans set back to her job.

Adara Meadows

Trega could tell that the woman was sadden, but the type of job she wanted just wasn't popular enough in the city for anyone to build a business yet. However if she wanted to start her own business she was free to do so. "Good luck out there."[/b]
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Vik on November 5th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Fall 22, 513 A.V.; 13 Bells 32 Chimes

It wasn't with fanfare or panache that the man stumbled into the Employment Office; and apparently welcome center too if he were to judge by the signs and such, he wasn't really stumbling so much as having kicked the top portion of the steps to get inside; nearly fell on his face, and proceeded to use the door knob to stand up... Before opening the door on accident and falling firmly on his face. He was thankful that he had decided to empty his pipe out and put it away; he might be worse for wear with that. Be that as it may; as he started to stand up- he noted that; in reality- there was a woman behind a counter. Although as he uttered a low grunt. A single eye opened, before the other did; giving the secretary a bland look over; considering his situation a few moments and where he was. He made a low 'ah' sound in his throat 'Must be the person I throw paperwork at or something. Mhn, my face hurts but I guess I can answer some questions.

There was just a bit of confusion there; albeit as he approached the desk; about ready to ask a question; he just rankled his nose a bit at how he smelled. Even he could take a hint at the dusky pungent reek of old smoke mixed with new, of sweat that still accumulated while walking in cool weather; and of course- his oily hair. He hadn't bathed in a couple of days to be quite honest. And, as he stroked his chin, in thought- strubble scratching against calloused fingertips and thick nails; his eyebrows wiggling in thought. The secretary behind the desk, again, seemed about to speak before Vik took notice of a stack of papers looking dangerously close to falling off a table; and a quill- with ink. Or what appeared to be a quill with Ink, he was certain it might be something entirely different.

Like those sneaky, sneaky Euypharians and their liking of makeup. Those sneaky, sneaky Euypharian men, looking all pretty, it wasn't his fault he'd gotten confused and the tar beaten out of him.

However, the thing he was supposed to do was fairly obvious; even to a man who wasn't really all that prone to paying attention to his surroundings. So, it was with that he took the small partchment; with a writing impliment of some sort. Be he just sidled on over to a place to sit. And, with that; he took the greatest of pleasure sitting down on the bench. He felt the muscles all along his buttocks and thighs relax; his calves almost seemed to turn to butter as he sat fully upon the; likely not well cushioned; but still softer than the ground bench. The soft, groaning, grunt of his sitting down got a rather; dark looking glower from the secritary but- other than that a shake of the head was given toward the odd fellow who had just shown up to try and garner employ.

Obviously the fellow was not a sharp tool in a shed- well; to those observing his actions as he took a long, lengthy, glare at the parchment itself. Dabbing the quill against his tongue for a moment to test the freshness of the ink; before he dipped the tip within the well. Then; he began to fill out the information required. Murmuring lowly to himself as he did so.

Hrm... Well, th'ss a easy... question; m'name... Vik, vik, always remember it's Vik...” He of course wrote this down with a quick flourish that; in his rather horrifically swirling ledger; looked like 'Uik' but, with the little flare at the top; it was obvious he wasn't being facetious.

The next question on there; 'Race'; he tapped the quill against that for a few moments; staining the paper with ink just a bit before writing in, something that made him chuckle, “A man is a man, as such an Isur is an Isur; I am a man, thus I am a man...

As the following question was reached; he just, scribbled a number; not even regarding it as something to comment on. It wasn't something he was proud of, or anything like that. Nothing really witty. But, hey; it could be far more strange right?

Ah, for skills; he just shook his head a little; before starting to write in; tapping his quill against the page a few moments as it splattered more ink droplets everywhere- but, he managed to write in, what he felt was relevant to what he could do; albeit he did wonder why the skills were first and not the employment, “Odd, odd, odd... Whys'ask skilly type things ifffen ye don'now where th' personly type wants t'be...

Of course, a small grin was there as he filled in the employment section; easily writing in without hesitation what he wanted for employ; with a bit of care taken to put a star next to the one he'd really prefer to be. There, that done; he got to the last. This, gave him much pause. He had little want to stay in Syliras for too long; as- he could end up under assault from his father's killer should he do so; at the same time, he was mildly tired of running every season to another place. He had spent a majority of his life doing so; and the last six years had put him under a lot of strain.

The quill almost broke when he put his answer; but- that said; he seemed all the more pleased with what he had. So, standing up once more; before nearly falling over and banging his knees on the floor- having relaxed a bit more than he should have. He kicked his heel against the floor a couple of times to get the pins and needles out of his feet and legs. Before settling his little parchment just so with a small smile on his face as he did so.
Name: Vik
Relevant Skills: Brawling, Hand to Hand; 'Wilderness Survival'
Preferred Employment: Bouncer preferred, Adventuresome Sort secondly, Pit-Fighter thirdly
Expected Stay In Syliras: Up to three seasons.

Hoppen ya dun minna mess t'much cussim' not allat good at caligraphy.” His fingers, were stained with ink; the paper seemed to have almost nothing in the way of legibility. But, then again; anyone who was worth their salt as an accountant should be able to read his horrifically over-the-top illegibility.

Then; after setting the paper to a location the secretary could take a hold of it without mussing their fingers all to pieces. He just; turned on his heel; nearly waltzed on back to his seat.And with that, once again he sat; relaxing himself into the comfort of being able to just, sit; and hopefully he wasn't too out there for them; after all- if he couldn't find any employ? He was this side of a shyke river without a paddle; and he knew it!

Notes:
  • This is his Normal Speech.
  • This is his Thought Speech
  • NPC Speech, Male
  • NPC Speech, Female
If you want to see the Parchment's look by the end.

• Edit: Removed my controlling NPCs. I dun goofed.
Vik
Sandwich Powered Advice Dispenser

Words: 20847
Joined roleplay: October 29th, 2013, 2:00 am
Character sheet

Postby Marx Eisenstahl on November 6th, 2013, 8:32 pm

Autumn 22, 513 A.V.
The room was quiet. The wind rustled the trees outside, their branches thin and bony. Light shone through their russet leaves, painting the stones alight. Inside, a lonely ant peacefully crawled it's way up along the floor, looking for something to bring back to the nest.
A worn boot landed on the ant, cutting it's quest tragically short. It belonged to a man, tall and weathered from years in the sun and rain. He was wearing armour which was nearly as battered as he was. It had clearly been looted from the dead, or bought as cheaply as possible; his armour was so varied in colour and age that it made him look like one of the more formidable forms of rainbow. None of it fit, either.
He strode forwards, armour clanking with every step, and looked around the room. He eyed the room nervously, and grabbed a sheet of paper from the pile, and gingerly picked up a splintered pencil.
He prodded the paper, cautiously. It didn't respond. He pushed it again. It failed to retaliate. He nodded, braced himself, and set his pencil to paper.
Now he just needed to figure out how to write.
Well, this was easy, wasn't it? You just picked up the thin pointy stick and you sort of, aimed in the general direction of the paper, right? He had some hazy memory of his father's bookkeeper teaching him how to do this properly, but that had been so long ago. But he could still remember how to read.
It was then that Marx Eisenstahl Had An Idea.
He would just draw his name, using the letters already on the sheet as a guideline. He began to write.
Name: Marx Eisenstahl
He was beginning to remember it now. In any case, this was much easier than drawing. He wasn't going to let some mere letters get the better of him. He'd been in battles, for gods's sake.
Relevant Skills: Flammenschwert/Flamberge (competent), Brawling (competent)
Yeah, this was easy! He knew it would be just like riding a- riding a...horse! Yeah! You never really forgot how to do that! He'd certainly never forgotten how to ride a horse. He'd never learned how to in the first place.
Preferred Employment: Mercenary (advanced missions)
Expected Stay In Syliras: Indefinitely.
Marx set down his pencil in glee, his face beaming with pride as he finished his letter of application. His smile faded as he saw the secretary behind the counter. She was staring at him in distinct amusement.
'I, uh, I've filled the form out for you, ma'am.'
'Excellent. Please, take a seat.'
Marx looked at her in embarrassment, and stalked over to the nearest seat and sank into it's depths, gratefully.

EDIT: Wrong timestamp
At first, you might think Marx Eisenstahl is merely a foot-soldier.
You could not be more correct.
Marx Eisenstahl
Defiled by huggles.

Words: 15126
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 10:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext