Completed A Meeting Before Departing

Ariann decides to see Ricky one last time before she leaves on her venture.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Meeting Before Departing

Postby Ricky Maze on June 5th, 2013, 6:48 am

Summer 1st 513 AV, 11th Bell

"Where there are greetin's, partin' must occur sometime. However long that partin' be is up to the one who say's farewell, and in some cases a farewell isn't needed at all. Not when the two have a place in each others heart... then it's almost never goodbye..."

Ricky had taken his patrol schedule on this morning as was his request, seeing as how he wanted to attend Leila's grand opening later when it started. He felt warm and relaxed along with the drowsy feeling that the day brought on, not much more for mornings nowadays he had grown far too used to sleeping in. He wanted to go back to the bed and snuggle up with Telion as the humid air and cool breeze brought on a droswiness that would definitely bite him in the ass later tonight. He luckily felt awake enough to get through this shift and see that he'd get his wake up call from Tel when he got home, though the two would have to get dressed and ready to go to the opening when he did. Right now though the guard was totally at ease, relaxed as if there not a care or worry in the city.

"Laviku help me I just don't give a damn right now." He yawned loud and obnoxiously, a stretch and rub of his eyes as he turned to watch another section of the docks. "Maybe if I walk 'round a bit that'll keep things entertainin' at least." He hoped that would be the case, because right now his job that he felt so uptight about... now didn't seem to need such caution. Though he remained wary of the people well enough, he certainly hadn't heard nor expected any trouble to happen. "Shyyyyke." He tilted his heas back, ready for his shift to end. Only a some odd bells left until he was off! What was he kiddin, time couldn't be any slower now... "Why has my drive been so... lax?" It's true. He had been laid back about duty ever since he returned, even though he still took the job rather seriously. Thing is his devotion to the job now split between the city and his friends, and of course his new family that was on the way. It was obviously easy to see which came before the rest, as he clearly couldn't keep a full on focus with the job without first thinking of Telion.

Or the baby for that matter. He wondered if it was a boy or girl, if Telion could feel the little munchkin as it grew inside her. She had told him plenty of times in his rambunctious excited spurts that she wasn't that far along yet, but he'd definitely hear about it when she was. Still she suffered from what was suppose to be "morning" sickness, but it couldn't be morning sickness if it occured in the later hours of the day could it? "At least she's gettin' along well..." He figured while lost in thought, a quick frown as his attention snapped back to reality. "Damn it! Think straight man! Focus on the task before ya." He mentally ordered himself with determination, only to find the determination deteriated quickly as before. Why did it become so hard to focus on one job now? He didn't like it. In fact he was ready for something, anything that demanded attention on the job. He did after all work to earn a living.

"Ricky's words.", "Ricky's thoughts.", "Telion's words.", "Hannah's words.", "Other's words."
Last edited by Ricky Maze on June 5th, 2013, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ariann on June 5th, 2013, 7:07 am

Ariann appeared out of no where just as she usually did, having walked around the city all day gathering supplies for her trip. She now carried a basket filled with a strangely scented fragrance. It smelled like kelp ran into a bottle of lavender soap and had kids with a watermellon. Still, she approached Ricky from behind, breaking the silence of his thoughts with her calmly placed words. "I'm leaving Zeltiva." She announced, having not told Ricky about her planned departure. "Ricky has a lot on his mind, I can tell. But I must leave to figure out something. I'm sorry." She was now standing behind him and reaching her hands up to rest on the man's back as her soothing voice crept closer. She pressed herself against Ricky's back, her body now naked in the morning air as she prepared to leave Zeltiva.

She would not need clothes in the water. They would only slow her down. She would drop by her house later in the evening and retrieve a water-tight scroll case to house the sweet-smelling herbs in. She brought the basket in front of her and reached inside, drawing out a small petri dish of dark purple paste. "Ricky should have this. I know that Ricky's mate will need it." It smelled of lavender and had a soft scent of dried kelp as well, "Ricky will find it helps with the pains of bearing a child and the mood swings." Ariann had spent most of the day gathering the supplies just to make it with the help of a philterer. She brought the petri dish around his side and laid it in his hand, closing his fingers around it and smiling. "I will miss Ricky Wave-guard." She said with a smile.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 5th, 2013, 8:52 am

Ricky hadn't expected Ariann to appear like she had, but then again she always had a way of just being there. For her to do so without alarming him actually inpressed Ricky, but then again he somehow just managed to keep his guard down everytime she managed to show up. When he felt her hand touch his back he only looked over his shoulder and turned in surprise, about to greet her with a friendly smile until ahe made her announcement. "What? Leavin'?" He would never have expected the words to come from Ariann, not when she had seemed to fit in so well here in the city. "Well aren't ya gonna tell me what reason at least? I ain't just gonna let a young lassie like yerself flipper off on 'er own without good reason ya know." He teased with a chuckle, a small grin on his face as he waited for a response. He didn't think nothing of her being in the nude that she was, as he remembered her barely wearing anything the first time they met. It actually seemed kind of sad, because the two.never really spent much time together. Ricky wanted to be around to help teach her things, to help her grow and become someone of the city. He believed Ariann capable and well worth livinf in Zeltiva, and he would always be her protector.

"By the Gods! My slackin' is scarin' her off isn't it?!" He wondered with a bit of a puzzled expression, while she reached inside her basket. "'Cause I ain't been 'round enough and now she wants to leave!" That had to be the reason, just had to be why she wanted to leave. When he felt sure about it he nodded to himself, his attention brought back by the bottle of paste she held. It was of a rich violent color and smelled quite lovely, the scent of lavender filled the salty air around him as he took it. When Ariann explained its use, Ricky shot a sincere grin to her as gently placed it in his pocket. "Laviku's beard lassie, thank ya for this! Really means a lot knowin' Telion won't've to go through so much pain." He gave a gentle hug to the Charoda as thanks, arms wrapped over her shoulders as he held her for several ticks. Ricky being quite bigger than her, he didn't want to suffocate the poor flipper with his body now.

"I'll miss ya too Ariann,ye sure ya gotta go? How am I suppose to protect ya when ye ain't here?" He teased as he looked down to her once more, a inquistive expression found on his face. He really didn't want her to leave, not when they only had so little time together. Had Spring not called for his trip to Nyka then maybe things would've been different, but that was all part of his past now and he made a promise to always look forward. Dwelling on what could've been only held a person back, when focusing on what was to come clearly made things easier.

"Ricky's words.", "Ricky's thoughts.", "Telion's words.", "Hannah's words.", "Other's words."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on June 5th, 2013, 9:20 am

Ariann bobbed her head for a moment when she was asked if she would explain why. "I am going to learn magic. I learned that there was a way to change one's body with Djed. It is called Morphing." She says, looking up at him hopefully, "I want to learn it so that I can use it on myself. The Charoda race is dwindling, Ricky. I will be using magic to change my... woman parts... so that I can reproduce with land-dwellers. If all goes well, I will return, hopefully with a mate." She says, feeling a light redness on her cheeks as Ricky hugged her during her explaination. "And yes, I am quite sure I must go." She pulled away from him and took a step back, clasping her hands behind her back.

"It is your fault, Ricky." She said softly, nibbling on her bottom lip apprehensively. "When you talked to me about Telion and her child that you gave her, it made me jealous and I realized that I couldn't give you the same." She paused for a moment, shifting her stance slightly, "I will be heading to Syliras so I can begin my research on the land-dwellers." She let out a soft sigh, "I really liked you, Ricky. You were my first and closest friend and I guess I wasn't close enough. I'll not be forgetting you, though. I hope you and Telion can live well together. But don't take me wrong... I'm still wanting to save myself for someone as special as you and I will do my best to remain pure until I return..." She paused, her eyes drifting away again. "Maybe... something might happen that benifits me... maybe you and Telion aren't together when I return and I can finally have a chance at living with you the way Leila wishes to, so close and together." She could feel resentment welling up in the pit of her stomach as she mentioned Leila. "Or maybe fate will grace us with a meeting outside of here while I am traveling. I cannot say. I can only hope for the best." She went quiet then, looking to her feet with the air of a child who had been freshly scolded. She wasn't sure how Ricky would react to how forward she was.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 6th, 2013, 6:32 am

Ricky found her reason quite farfetched, noble but farfetched to be exact. Morphing being a magical discipline he never knew existed before, yet by its very name he could guess its very purpose. To mold into different shapes or forms, just like a Pycon could but with flesh instead of clay. That idea sounded tricky to do, but with magic the impossible could be made possible, or so a magician he once knew instructed him. He almost bulked right up and say no to her, command to her as though she were his own child. That must've been the parent inside him finally ready to come out, ready to scold her and tell her such an idea was absolutely rediculous to follow. Yet he remained calm and kept his composure, a faint smile in his expression as she explained furthermore her reason.

It was because of him that she decided this, his beautiful accident that he needed persuasion to see influenced her as well. She even confided that she two thought Ricky as a potential lover, and mentioned something about things turning around. She wanted that same connection Leila had with him, that same feeling he overlooked when he should've been smarter. He had made a fool out of himself, a naive fool who couldn't see that like Leila she too wanted to be with Ricky. This made him blush a bit, but frown as well as he couldn't give either of them what they wanted. Everything had turned out for the unexpected after all, yet Ricky could never expect this to happen after all he'd been through. He had been too ignorant for his own good, for others as well, now that this had been brought to light. Immediately he wanted to just do what he did with Telion, tell her to get her shyke and go back homr because he wouldn't allow it. This definitely fell into his category of things he wouldn't let happen, not when it put her at the risk of dangers from the outside. Plus learning to... morph that general area? Second taboo thing on his list of denied. No he wouldn't let this go, it was all but far beyond foolish...

Yet what could he do? Though he stood their silently with clenched fists and a temper that nearly rose as a father, he really wasn't responsible for her well being no.matter how much he wished to be. Ariann was her own person inside and out, and he couldn't deny her the wishes that she wanted to follow; not when she had already made up her mind and prepared for her journey. He sighed and finally eased up a bit, the flushed color that began to flow drained out of his tan skin. He sighed with a rub on the back of his head, a little disbelief present in his expression. "It's yer life lassie, and I can't stop ya from livin' it." He shrugged with a crooked smile, unable to comprehend how he can say those words. "Even though I think it's noble and definitely too soon for ya to go.lookin' for a guy... Ya have my blessin' and best wishes." He rose a finger to her now as if she were his own child, a serious look on his face to get his point across. "But ya gotta promise to write me letters when ya can, and to avoid danger wherever it comes from ya understand. And if... I find ye been abused by a man, by Laviku I will cut his pride and joy off ya hear?!" He definitely sounded like a parent now, though a bit questionable at his skill since he's allowing her to go. Still he decided to lay off from there, aware he made his point by now. He waited to see how Ariann would respond, and if she comprehended everything he said.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on June 6th, 2013, 7:59 am

Her lips churned upwards in a happy smile as he began to speak of how he would not confront her nor try to stop her from leaving. It was almost like he was giving her permission and her eyes twinkled with joy, hearing hims say the first two sentences. But her smile and joy were quickly drawn to a close and stomped upon when Ricky's anger began to show. A look of conflicted worry dawned upon her lips, which draped open.
"Ricky, please... do not let your anger be so plain."She reached outward and grasped his hands in hers. She looked worried and confused as for why his anger showed so plainly."Ricky... I will save myself for you if you so ask and I will fight anyone who tries to soil me, but do not worry. I will be safe."She frowned slightly,"But I cannot send letters. I do not know how to read or write the common tongue. I trust you can understand."She held onto his hands with her own, looking at them longingly."I must go and seek out a teacher for the sake of my race, even if it means I could loose my life. Rik'kiel will watch over me."

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 7th, 2013, 3:49 am

When she grabbed his hand in an attempt to calm him down he found that he was overreacting a bit after all, but with the next phrase to follow the flushed red from anger only rose now because he himself immediately blushed. She would go to that extent to save herself for him? He never even once thought of her like that, in fact he just now realized how much he thought of her as a child. A child he took in on the first day she came to land, a child he considered protecting from the worst that could reside inside and outside of Zeltiva. He honestly felt a tad bit of vomit upchuck as the thought played out in his head, no way he would do that to a poor girl! Not when she still had so much to learn.

"Look lassie, I'm not the one ya should be thinkin' to do that sort o'... thing." He rubbed the back of his head nervously with a blush, and began to seriously hope his actual parenting life would be much easier than this. "When ya... find an appropriate real gentleman other then I, and ya come to develope those similiar feelin's on a deeper level... then ya can do the deed with 'em." He blushed terribly, and prayed that he'd have a son instead, if that would avoid the awkward stages of courting in the distant future. "Find yerself a man, hopefully a Charoda yerself, and when ya come to love 'em as I love Telion. Ye'll understand." He assured her with a loose smile, finally picking up on that fatherly figure he was working to achieve.

"Don't worry 'bout the letters then, so long as ya come back to visit us sometime. I wanna introduce ya to the baby when he... or she is born." He shrugged on the she part, admittedly getting through the awkward bit; maybe having a daughter wouldn't be too bad. "If ya do learn how to read and write though, ya know where Tel and I live." He assured her with a wink, positive she would likely one day learn. She would need to if she was serious about her idea, as crazy and farfetched as it truly sounded.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on June 10th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Ariann nodded with a weak look of worry on her brow. He didn't want her to save herself for him, so that could only mean that he wasn't interested in her at all."I understand, Ricky."She said with a frown, looking down at his hands which she still held in hers. She wanted to protest his decision and tell him otherwise, but she could tell he was trying to be a fatherly figure. He was doing so well with it that she did not want to ruin it by arguing. A soft nod tilted her head for a few moments before she returned her gaze back to Ricky.
"I will learn to read and write for you when I arrive at Syliras."She says with a frown, looking into his eyes for a moment. He wanted her to return to see the child. She could not decide if that was a cruel trick that he wanted to play on her in order to brag about something she could not give him yet or if he sincerely wanted her to return out of worry and want for her to be a part of his life. She frowned and turned away again, her thoughts a cacophony of confusion and doubt.

She took a few steps away from Ricky and frowned.
"I guess this will be our last talk for a while. I would stay with you longer but with the dry air of the land, I would perish before long."[googlefont=Merriweather Sans] She felt about letting him know her state of being, but it was pretty obvious. She had lost most of her blue luster in her skin, which was beginning to dull into a white-ish callous all over. The area around her gills were beginning to redden from having been out of the water for so long and her eyes were beginning to dull as well. She looked in a horrible state and holding up her basket seemed to become a difficult task in it and of itself.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 11th, 2013, 2:32 am

Ricky let a small grin show to Ariann when she looked at him once more, sincere eyes began to grow deep as he felt bittersweet about her leaving. It seemed as though her first trip onto land happened only yesterday for Ricky, the little adventure she had taken upon discovering a new world. Ricky could only think of her as a friend however where as she likely thought more. He couldn't be the guy that was for her, but it certainly didn't mean he could help teach her to find the right one. Becoming a father had become his biggest pride and joy, nothing would ever be able to tear that pride down. Thus his role as a parent was meant to teach and guide others, to be the type of guy who could set an example for his kid. Thus he took what Ariann said to heart, and the parting between them would only be counted as temporary.

"Maybe when ya get back ye should make occasional trips into the sea, that might help ya stay on land a bit longer." He suggested politely with his humble attitude, he then took his free hand and placed it on Ariann's shoulder. He made sure that their eye contact stuck before he spoke any further. "I ask that ya come back because ye're an important person to me Ariann. It'd mean the world for ya to get to meet my baby when he or she's born, because ya helped me realized that this baby is a blessin' for me." His small grin became a warm smile as he continued to explain further. "When I was scared shykeless ya pointed out the one thing I didn't want, and that was for me to be alone. Ye made me think about how alone Tel felt cause she carries my child, and because of that I realized this pregnancy is a gift."

He allowed his hands to loosen and fall so Ariann could go if she chose, since she was preparing to leave on her big trip. "Remember that when ya learn to read and write, I'll be here waitin' to hear from ya." He assured her once more, his expression full of contentment. He would open his arms out for a friendly hug that would only mean farewell for now, as he expected she would no doubt return to see how him and his family were doing.

Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ariann on June 12th, 2013, 8:56 pm

She shook her head. "It would not help, Ricky. I can only ever stay out of the water for a certain time before my skin dries out, regardless of how many trips back to the sea I take." She says with a frown, stepping back from him. Her eyes watched their hands part from each other with a longing glance before her eyes closed tightly with sorrow. "I should not be important, Ricky... I cannot be important to you, Ricky... I'm not one to trust. I can only help others, not have them rely on me. You are close to me, Ricky, but I am afraid if I get too attached, I will wither and die through want. Rik'kiel would not want that. It's the other reason for why I am leaving." She swallowed hard as her hands fell to her sides, the basket of things slipping down her arm and into her hand. "I should... I should go now."

She turned with a regretful look on her face and began to quickly walk her way towards the pier, but instead of leaping into the water, she made a turn to the west and headed down the shoreline, refusing to let herself look back at Ricky. Ricky must not get attached... I must not get attached... it is not our calling. As she reached a distance where the port was simply a small outline of buildings without much detail, she looked back to where Ricky and her had stood and talked. But I wish it was.

Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Next