Completed [Spinning Coin/Bronze Woods] Blood Dagger (Razkar)

A dagger that senses the blood of your enemies? I want one!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Spinning Coin/Bronze Woods] Blood Dagger (Razkar)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 6th, 2013, 3:05 am

Fubuki Kouri

The Spinning Coin, 18th of Bell, 4th of Summer 513 A.V

With everyone else gone after the dubious gathering of the ragtag bunch of misfits. A Myrian warrior and a translucent little girl were the ones left sitting at the far booth in the Rearing Stallion. Kouri flicked her hair and looked at Razkar's heavily tattooed muscular body and his piercings, and couldn't help but wonder... Aren't those... painful?

"So... Sir Razkar, you're Madame Edreina's friend I see~ Ehehe~ And you're a Myrian, just like Madame Kaie" Her tone was very much different than a couple of hours ago when the party was meeting. She now sounded like a true little girl.

Kouri then leaned in closer, materialized herself, and placed both of her elbows to the table to use her hands to support her chin. Tilting her head slightly in a cute manner as she examined Razkar closely.

"I also heard that you beat up... a squire at the Fighter's Pit! You must be really strong!" When she said 'squire', a murderous undertone filled with hatred could be sensed. She hated, utterly hated that particular dark-skinned squire. "You should've killed him! Ahahaha~!" She made it sound like she was kidding, but she was not. She would be glad if Razkar could do the deed for her. Heck, she would even reward him.

"Sooooo~ Sir Razkar! What's your secret? How can you be so strong?" The rumors spoke of a Myrian warrior capable of hacking down even the biggest men to pieces in just a couple of swings with his weapons. It may or may not be an exaggeration and Kouri wanted to find out, she have to be stronger for the sake of her little sister after all.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Razkar on June 7th, 2013, 2:17 am

If Razkar thought the Spinning Coin was a raucous mess before, he knew it was the waiting room to Hell now. Or at least one of them. The bobbing heads and babble of voices increased, swelled, filled every corner and table and lined the bar to the point Gene was masked completely by drunken revelers, or those trying their damnedest to get that way.

And his recruits were gone. Given their final instructions (for now) and leaving in dribs and drabs. Now the table was nearly empty, and prime real estate like that booth would have been shamelessly fought for... but not considering who sat there.

For once, Razkar was not the only factor in that, too.

"So... Sir Razkar, you're Madame Edreina's friend I see~ Ehehe~ And you're a Myrian, just like Madame Kaie."

He cast a wary look over at the shimmering, ethereal, just plain unreal figure seated opposite him. The voice just added one more level of insanity to her: beforehand it had been the deeper, sharper tones of a female, not a mere girl. Now? She talked like someone who was still in single digits, words choked with awe and innocent curiosity.

But she was not innocent. A fool could tell that much-

Shyke...!

-and when she shimmered, became... firmer, harder, angled and... solid in Razkar's world, not merely visiting it from here own, he understood she was far from harmless.

"I also heard that you beat up... a squire at the Fighter's Pit! You must be really strong! You should've killed him! Ahahaha~!"

He'd butchered warriors, sellswords, soldiers, thugs, monsters and, yes, even civilians in three regions of the world, but Razkar simply did not know how to handle this pixie-like girl sitting opposite him. The things she knew, the tone she used... all he could do was nod shakily, cursing his own weakness until the words came to him.

Well, a question's a question, no matter who asks it.

"He was not worth killing," he said simply, sipping at a half-empty mug of ale. Goddess, it really did taste like piss. Then he frowned reflectively. "Well... not entire truth, but... too much hassle. Knights protect squire, yes?" He rolled his eyes, showing just what he thought of that venerable and formidable order. "Too many question. Too much trouble..."

"Sooooo~ Sir Razkar! What's your secret? How can you be so strong?"

Razkar found himself cocking his head like a bird observing something strange. It could have been the ale - piss though it was, it had enough alcohol to get anyone tipsy - or it could have just been the unconscious enjoyment of discovering a new being... or perhaps his ego was just being stroked. Either way, he put down the mug and lowered his hands.

"Secret? Not really secret. I am warrior of Goddess-Queen, raised to worship both her-" he tapped the Eye of Myri, tattooed forever on the flesh of his forehead "-and war. I train to fight since I was... your age."

He paused, as if his own mind was just plain flummoxed at the idea of her... age. What age? When she died? Or however long she had walked the world as what she was now?

"Or younger. Kill Yukmen in jungle. Learn to hunt. Track prey and enemy. Then train with army in Sacred City. Kill Dhani. Human. All other who trespass in jungle. Practice, practice... endless practice..."

He leaned forward, conspiratorial wink flicking across his features, and a smile that showed her every one of his filed, sharpened teeth.

"But... thing is not really secret... not mean no secret. Want to know things that help? These-"

There was a blur of movement that was fast even for a being that had left the corporeal world far behind. One moment the Myrian's hands were empty, and the next they were not only full, but hovering over the table in front of her-

-hand ax with curved blade and gleaming gladius held in them. Slowly her strange eyes narrowed from stunned orbs... as she saw the hilts.

Not just strange knobbles on them. They were bleached white... bone. Thigh bones. And the runes that covered them, stinking even to her senses just faintly of blood. But even more than that to her.

She was not of Razkar's world, not... full-time, as it were. She had feet and hands and soul in two worlds... and she could hear the moans from the hilts. The tiny, invisible-to-the-living vibrations and subtle colors that flashed and visibly giggled at her. The power and djed bound to those weapons, through bone and blood.

Razkar's blood. And will.

"These..." he said in a low hiss, relishing her surprise as he placed them reverently on the table, but kept his hands on them, stroking the hilts lovingly "... my mother... and my father... my protection in cold world... and you? What is you secret? Why not go to Dira? Why linger in world...?"

The question came out of nowhere, surprising him as much as it did her, or some part of him untouched by alcohol, watching this all unfold from inside his skull. But, a question is-

Yes, we got that part.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 7th, 2013, 7:26 am

Fubuki Kouri

Not worth killing? Kouri tilted her head and looked at him curiously. A person that arrogant was not worth killing? That's new. Kouri wondered if behind that ferocious warrior image, Razkar was truly a gentle person. She tilted her head side to side as an idea came to her mind.

"We can kill him in the Woods, you know~ Ehehehe~ then we can leave his corpse to the wolves~ Oh... Hehehehe..." Kouri's cheerful tone indicated that she viewed the act of murder as one fun game, but only to the people she hated. Some of the worst things in life being forcefully tempered to the little girl's mind had turned her into a... being with very loose morals. She's truly kind, gentle, and polite to the people she loves and respect; but she had no qualms of happily butchering her enemies if needed to be.

"Oooooh~ So you're a true warrior born to serve uhm..." What has her name again? Oh yeah! Goddess Myri! "Goddess Myri! That's awesome, Sir Razkar, ehehehe~ I sometimes wished to be part of the Icewatch too you know. To serve Queen Morwen... I wonder if she want to accept me now if I return to Avanthal..." Kouri's tone was growing melancholic at the fact that she couldn't exactly be called a Vantha anymore. Heck... she wasn't even human.

Oh... so Dhanis are the enemies of Myrians... I see... Kouri was rather fascinated by the snake people, especially the white-colored ones. She thought both of their people must have some bitter history with each other. She didn't want to ask Razkar about it as it would be impolite. And what's a Yukmen? The name sounds funny~ Haha! Like Yuk yuk yuk or something~ Kouri couldn't help but stifle a giggle when Razkar said the 'yukmen' word. For some reason, Kouri found it to be funny.

!? Kouri's eyes widened in awe and amusement when she saw Razkar masterfully brandished his weapons in a blink of her ethereal eyes. "Wow..." Kouri's pupils narrowed to focus on the weapons held by the warrior. A unique hand ax and a sword. Something... something from the weapons was calling to her.

"He... hehehe~" Her eyes went slightly hypnotized when she saw the white bone hilt of the hand axe. She heard tiny whispers, smelled the scent of blood, and saw the hilt was glowing slightly red. These weapons were definitely not normal weapons, there was something... alluring behind it. Kouri couldn't keep her gaze from Razkar's weapons and her mouth opened slightly ajar.

"Can I... touch them?" Kouri didn't wait for Raz's permission and two thick tendrils jutted out from her back and moved themselves to grab hold of his weapons. When her tendril grabbed hold of the hand ax's hilt. Kouri's eyes widened while her pupils shrank, a wide fanged grin emerged from her face.

!? Ke...heheh... it feels good... so good! Ha.. HAHAHA!! She felt bloodlust building inside her, the lust to just destroy everything around her; the axe was compelling her to do so. This weapon seemed to be resonating with Kouri's insane side. Whether this was just Kouri's self-induced hallucination or not, she didn't know. But what's clear to her was that this... axe was something different, it understood her.

She smiled at Razkar and held out her hands to her side "Why do I linger? Hehehe~ because I will not stop until every single of evil and arrogant people in this world... die... I will tear them apart! All apart! Like the tiger who killed me and my family..." She hissed much like a Dhani when she said the species of that petching beast. "And also, I need to take care of Rena~♪" Her tone disturbingly shifted from rage to an obsessive mother at the mention of her little sister's name.

She then leaned forward and put her hands back to the table. "And to do that, Sir Razkar... I have to be stronger... Can you... help me?" Kouri rubbed the axe's hilt with her tendril. "I... want weapons like this... Hehehe~"

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 8th, 2013, 2:58 pm

"Can I... touch them?"

Razkar opened his mouth to respond in the sharply negative, but already the air was shifting and simmering and two thick, smoky tendrils snaked from her back towards his weapon. Shock and some perverse curiosity still his voice, even when they reached out and caressed his precious blades...

The way her eyes widened and her breath stalled... and why was that, anyway? Why did she even breath? Some vestigial memory or unconscious desire? He didn't know... but he understood the lust behind her eyes, untrammeled by a warrior's restraint.

Razkar smiled-

-then gripped the blades tighter, feeling that familiar, tingling rush of djed flood through his arms as his weapons howled at him silently. He jerked them out of her tentacles, ignoring the harsh look.

"Careful, female. Had to do much to get these..."

"Why do I linger? Hehehe~ because I will not stop until every single of evil and arrogant people in this world... die... I will tear them apart! All apart! Like the tiger who killed me and my family..."

She got back to the point and Razkar's frown deepened. He thought that she would never rest, if her goal was to rid the world of evil. In his experience, evil was eternal, never-ending, and endlessly inventive. Moreover, it did not always wear the mask of a villain or monster. But then she mentioned the beast that slaughtered her and her kin; a tiger, one of Falyndar's denizens. Did she die there? If so, why was she here?

"You were kill in-"

"And also, I need to take care of Rena~♪"

The Myrian blinked in surprise. Always the earthquake of emotions, with this one, rocking from rage and loss to paternal, scolding concern without warning. He doubted she even knew she was doing it, and either her time dead or just the shock her demise had fractured her mind into competing personalities.

But... she still cared for someone. He could respect that... even if it weakened her, in a way.

"And to do that, Sir Razkar... I have to be stronger... Can you... help me? I... want weapons like this... Hehehe~"

The Myrian became still as stone and about as personable when she spoke those last words. He should have guessed there was some ulterior motive behind her rambling inquiries; just because you were dead, didn't mean you were stupid, apparently. But how could one discern intent from whimsy in the meandering words of a lunatic ghost? Evidently Razkar had not learned the art, but he didn't need to. The question was asked.

"Power of Bones is not easy thing to make." He said eventually, using the term of his clan for Malediction, the binding of djed and power to the bones of conquered enemies and vanquished prey. "And I am not such witch that I could do with..." he waved one hand vaguely, searching for the right word "... thinking thing. Like human, or Dhani, or... Kelvic. Whatever." He patted the two weapons. "Human and Akalak. I had to have witch help both time. Not witch, just... know some. Could work Power of Bones on... animal bone, perhaps?"

His eyes narrowed, mind sniffing out some game yet to play this night. The chaos of the Spinning Coin was subtly muted by his senses as he leaned forward, breath carrying the taste and smell of ale but his eyes sharp and... eager.

All skill must be honed. And especially if-

"Not be cheap, either. Will cost. But... if girl has bones... Myrian can have way..."
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 8th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Fubuki Kouri

"Yes, I was killed in Falyndar... along with Mama and Papa... but that doesn't matter now" Kouri quickly dropped the subject, the reasons being she didn't want to remember it further and because Razkar's home was most likely in Falyndar.

The Myrian warrior then explained the nature behind his weapon's magical powers. It was 'the Power of Bones' he said. Kouri had no idea what it was, but it was definitely powerful. She pondered the words he spoke, Razkar seemed to be saying that he was not skilled enough to create weapons from human, dhani, or kelvic bones. He was helped by a 'witch'.

Kouri tilted her head to the side in curiosity, this 'power of bones' art seemed to be a tricky thing to learn or Razkar's specialty wasn't magical. Kouri concluded it was both hard and his specialty was not related to magic so that's why it was hard for him to learn this... 'bone power'. But then he said he was skilled enough to work on animal bones. Kouri's lips curled into a grin when Razkar said he could help her if she had the... bones, materials.

"Of course, I have... hehehehehahahaha..." Kouri hauntingly giggled, her voice getting lower in-pitch as the laughter progressed. She then leaned in close, whispering to him. "Just follow me to the Bronze Woods... I'll get you some bones... no a lot of animal bones... hehehehe..." The abundant wolves that resided in the Woods deserved some 'population control'.

"Don't worry, if it's mizas you want, I have them..." Kouri didn't work her ethereal bones off in the Flower Stand for nothing after all. She then stood up and flicked her hair, billowing them to the side. "My name is Fubuki Kouri, you can call me Kouri... It's an honor to know you." She curtsied to the warrior, lifting the hem of her dress and bowed slightly.

"Please follow me, Sir Razkar... I'll lead you to my tree" Kouri left the booth and began floating to the exit of the Spinning Coin. She suspected Razkar would follow her, he did agreed to help her after all.

OOCKouri should be leading Razkar to her favorite clearing in the Bronze Woods.

It would take about three bells I think as Razkar couldn't fly and they walk in a normal pace.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 9th, 2013, 2:49 pm

It was about a bell into the journey that Razkar suddenly stepped back from himself and wondered what in the hells and heavens and the dirt in between he was doing out there. Far from home, kin and allies, walking through the darkness of Syliras... no, actually leaving that behind and marching from the torch-lit streets into the darkened countryside, led by the nose by... someone not easily described.

Fubuki, as he knew her now, was a little difficult to follow. Shimmering and twirling and dancing in front of her, Razkar heard everything from whispered arguments to singing to casual conversation... and occasionally she would ask him why he hadn't answered her.

The Myrian just blinked back his surprise, and wondered afresh what he was doing out-

Then she stopped. Silent for a moment, she gave Razkar a chance to soak in their new surroundings. Some kind of clearing, in the Bronze Woods. Leth-light pierced the trees easily enough, though, the vegetation and trees here not nearly as thick as in Falyndar. Razkar smiled wryly.

Back home, the vines would be so thick the jungle floor would be shadowy at noon. But here... not so bad. Quiet, too...

But that put him a little on edge. Yes, it was quiet. Now owls or birds, no scuttling or scurrying creatures, not even insects chirping or calling or buzzing through the air. Razkar frowned and looked around at the darkness between the trees, feeling eyes that were not there... and some that he was sure were.

"This is place? Where bones are...?

His hands slid to his weapons, and he awaited her answer.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 9th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Fubuki Kouri

Kouri's Tree, Bronze Woods, 22nd of Bell, 4th of Summer 513 A.V

"Na na na na~♪" With every haunting syllable she sang, Kouri skipped on the ground; happily making a short jump forward. It was a truly odd spectacle, a translucent little girl with bloodstained dress taking a stroll with a hardened Myrian warrior with tattoos all over his body. Their overall physical traits, demeanor, and body language contrasts could rival even Sylir compared to Rhysol.

Finally arriving at the clearing, Kouri stopped; her back facing Razkar. The familiar clearing where she made her home. The clearing that was almost devoid of animal life due to the haunting phantom presence within it. She then made an elegant motion and twirled around to face Razkar, her ankle-length hair billowing and her form gleaming in the moonlight. "Yes! This is where the bones are! The Bronze Woods! Ehehehe~"

Kouri then made a thinking expression. "I'm planning to give you some wolf bones for you to use, but I don't have one right now..." But Kouri had a plan, she would not disappoint the warrior for coming all the way here with her. "Fret not, Sir!" Kouri vanished from her location and appeared on the high tree branch where her treasure hole was located. I think I only need one chakram... it's just some wolves after all.

She then extended one thick tendril and picked up a chakram composed of four steel daggers. The chakram immediately took its position beside Kouri's right shoulder, ready to serve its master. Kouri flew back to Razkar, showing off her shining chakram. "Hehehe~ This is my pet, Fangie number one! Lovely, isn't it? Just wait for a moment, Sir. I'll find some wolves for you~" With that confident statement, Kouri turned around and launched herself forward; delving deeper into the Woods; her chakram also followed suit.

Deeper into the Woods, Fifteen chimes later...

"Where are you, wolvies~?" Her crimson eyes darted left and right as Kouri flew like an owl, swift and silent. She then heard the familiar howl of wolves, a pack was near her location. "Found ya!" Kouri switched direction to her right and a chime later...

"Hello~ Time to... die, doggies!!" The murderous happy tone of a phantom resounded in the ears of a pack of six wolves. They immediately jerked their head in alert, barked, and snarled at the white monster before them. A white monster together with its spinning metallic familiar.

"Haaaaaahahahahahaha!!" The monster cackled and soon... the pack would be nothing but blood and gore.

Meanwhile, at the clearing

A certain pair of eyes were watching the lone Myrian Warrior. The eyes were deep brown in color with a slightly reddish tint. A Myrian... why would the Bane of the Wolves brought a Myrian to her clearing? The owner of the eyes spoke in her mind. She then saw the male warrior was alert, definitely noticing someone was watching him. Ama realized this man was a veteran warrior and someone not to be trifled with.

She shifted to her human form, an adult woman with snow white hair and the same colored brown eyes, and cautiously came out of hiding and approached the clearing. "Hail, son of Goddess Myri..." She held her hands up, showing she did not bring any weapons with her then again... she was completely naked as well.

"Do not be afraid, my name is Ama; I'm one of Goddess Priskil's follower. I live here in the Woods and I come in peace..." She was sure the warrior would not attack someone unarmed, especially when that someone approached in a friendly manner.

"Forgive me for intruding... but I can't help but became curious when... Kouri brought one of Goddess Myri's sons to her clearing. My reason for asking is that... Kouri is on my watch list. Ever since she made her home in this Woods, she had been slaughtering wolves for no reason at all..." Ama explained in a clear and precise manner, not wanting to arise any suspicion.

"Now, ever since I introduced her to another ghost like herself, whom she adopted as her little sister. Her... violent game had toned down somewhat and I'm glad for that, but I happened to hear her speaking of... 'giving you some wolf bones' and combined with the fact she brought that... spinning weapon of hers. I'm afraid she's out for some innocent wolf's blood..." Ama gulped slightly, the thought of her kin being slaughtered like that. She was a wolf Kelvic after all, a dire wolf; but still a wolf in basic.

"May I ask who your name is, Son of Goddess Myri? I understand if you don't want to tell me... but, may I know the reason why Kouri brought you here? Please tell me, the ghost child is not exactly... 'right' in mind, warrior."

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 10th, 2013, 2:13 am

The figure moved from the trees, pale and eerie against the shadows, and Razkar's blades flashed in Leths gaze with a muted sigh of leather on iron. He crouched slightly, in defensive stance, gladius and ax ready-

"Hail, son of Goddess Myri. Do not be afraid, my name is Ama; I'm one of Goddess Priskil's follower. I live here in the Woods and I come in peace..."

Peaceful or not, Razkar's expression did not change as he regarded her; his eyes flicked up and down her lithe body that was bereft of both clothes and weapons... but since that meant she was likely a shifter, that didn't make her harmless in his eyes.

And he was edgy. Moreso than he wanted to admit. Fukuki had vanished like the wraith she was up into the branches above them, gently humming daggers buzzing after her like overfed flies. Something about... bringing bones? As in, she didn't already have them?

Then Razkar heard the howls from not far away. The whisper of laughter, high and demented... and his stomach knotted.

His weapons lowered a few inches. As far as the Myrian was concerned, that was practically beckoning her over for a chat and a pint of ale.

"Forgive me for intruding... but I can't help but became curious when... Kouri brought one of Goddess Myri's sons to her clearing. My reason for asking is that... Kouri is on my watch list. Ever since she made her home in this Woods, she had been slaughtering wolves for no reason at all..."

Razkar blinked. A simple gesture, but the naked female could see a flicker of shock pass across his features, and... disgust. She felt some hope swell in her at his feelings mirroring her own. Then he frowned, voice a low growl.

"She... did not tell. But I... I think I suspect. But not say."

"Now, ever since I introduced her to another ghost like herself, whom she adopted as her little sister. Her... violent game had toned down somewhat and I'm glad for that, but I happened to hear her speaking of... 'giving you some wolf bones' and combined with the fact she brought that... spinning weapon of hers. I'm afraid she's out for some innocent wolf's blood..."

Razkar did not want to care. They were animals. Not Kelvic, not sacred Myrian Tigers. They were lower even than the barbarian races in Razkar's eyes... and yet when he blinked, he was Tinnok's pained expression when she had tried to save those jaguar pups. She saw her compassion and he felt that... wrongness.

The Myrian gulped, and a new memory surfaced, one hated but undeniable. He saw that massive, bleeding hunk of blubber in the Suvan Sea, water stained with green blood. He saw that huge, dying eye staring at him. Razkar had stared in many such eyes throughout his life: animal, human, Dhani, bird, Akalak... and most kindled nothing but satisfaction and a muted joy in his soul.

But... that. That beast who had moaned his death at him through the water. That Otani who had accused him, and... and he knew he was wrong. He knew he had erred. Because he had never killed without cause, never taken life purely for the glee of taking it.

There was purpose. There was reason, and in it, however twisted it may have appeared, there was his honor.

Razkar knew, as a cold wind rushed through the leaves and black trees and snapped him back to the present, that he was on the verge of another such error. Another such... sin. Not by his hand, but by his inaction it would be done.

I will not fall so far again.

"May I ask who your name is, Son of Goddess Myri? I understand if you don't want to tell me... but, may I know the reason why Kouri brought you here? Please tell me, the ghost child is not exactly... 'right' in mind, warrior."

"Razkar."

The Myrian said, sheathing his weapons and darting forwards, fast even by Kelvic standards. He willed his gnosis into life, breathing fresh anima into his muscles, for he knew he would need them that night.

Strange. The mark for war used to save lives.

"Name is Razkar. Take me to ghost. Now."

The Kelvic blinked in surprise, head cocked like the canine she was in the pit of her soul.

"You seek to-"

She had to turn to follow him, because he'd already passed her, heading for the sound of that unnatural laughter and the rising howls from the pack. That was his best guess, and there was enough of Leth shining down to navigate by. Just.

"No question!" He all but snarled, pace quickening. "Help and come or stay! Must stop what she will do!"

"You are probably too late, Razkar, Son of Myri."

Razkar turned back to the darkness. He had stared into it before, and feared to tread into it. More than that, a pragmatic little voice nudged him and told him that, yes, he might stop the ghost... and then what? Tell her that the deal was off?

Oh, yes, that'll go down swimmingly. Alone against a ghost with flying blades, who is, let's not forget, completely insane, and you're going to deny her. Brilliant.

"Yes." Razkar said, only half to her. "But still I go."

The Myrian plunged into the scratching shrubbery towards the slaughter that may already be underway. Behind him, Ama extended a hand as if to pull him back, but he was already gone. Cursing to herself, she dropped down as if to do a push up-

-but when she hit the ground, it was with paws and fur and jaws.

Wolf and Myrian ran on.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on June 10th, 2013, 3:20 am

"Hehehehahahahaha!!" Kouri extended her right arm and opened her palm to one of the barking wolves, looking at it hungrily. "I'm much stronger now, wolvies... let's see if you can take..." She suddenly clenched her fist as if crushing something. "THIS!!" With her cue, her steel chakram launched itself and the last thing that particular wolf would ever see is the fast-approaching spinning metal launching to its eyes.

*GNASH!! GNASH!! GNASH!! GNASH!!* Wet sounds of torn flesh erupted through the air combined with the spurting of torn jugulars, the wolf's head was cut clean in half; its head opening horizontally and fresh blood flowing down like an open faucet.

"Aaaaaah~ You look so beautiful~" Kouri was enjoying this, very much so. It had been some time since she did this, relishing herself in taking the lives of animals without any reason at all. Her justification was that these wolves are pest and no matter how many she killed, their numbers seemed to never decrease.

The rest of the wolves was visibly terrified, but held their position because the alpha was there leading them. The alpha growled and to show this white monster that it was not afraid of it. It launched itself, trying to tore the monster's neck; an act that proved to be fatal... for itself.

"Ha! Hahahahaha! Come!" Kouri cackled and shifted the shape of her chakrams so all of the daggers were now lining up, just in the path of the alpha's mouth. As expected... *STAB!!* the alpha unwillingly swallowed the cold hard steel, blood began dripping form its mouth as it fell down to the ground with a dagger stuck to its mouth.

"More! Don't you like it?! Moooooreeeeeeee!!!" Kouri jammed the dagger further into its body and her rest three daggers into its mouth as well. More red flowed from its gurgling mouth. Kouri kept jamming her daggers until it reached the wolf's stomach then she thrashes them around, ravaging its inside. Giggling like a happy little girl along the way.

*BURST!!!* Kouri twirled like a ballerina once when her daggers birthed themselves from the alpha's belly, forcing their way out like a Symenestra infant killing their mothers. The rest of the pack were now whimpering, the alpha was slain in an instant and they knew they were going to die tonight.

"Hehehehe... now it's your turn..." Kouri shaped her daggers back into her familiar chakram shape and was about to slaughter the rest of the pack when... "GAAAAAAAH!!!" She screamed when her vision was filled with bright yellow light. "Ki... aaaah!" She opened her eyes slightly to see the same glowing huge wolf she saw a season ago... the Dire Kelvic named Ama and who is that standing beside her? She couldn't really see.

Ama had arrived together with Razkar in Kouri's location, bright light of Priskil shining around her body. To Razkar, the light would be gentle, comfortable, and soothing; but the light reacted to the evil within Kouri. She would feel that the light was harsh, hot, and blinding. I thought she's changed... it seemed without her little sister's presence, that side of hers will be uncontrollable... Ama drew a conclusion in her mind, she looked to the Myrian warrior on her right.

She looked back to the ghost girl and saw her trying to resist the light. Now's my chance! Ama spoke to the rest of the wolves with her canine language. "Go!! Get out of here now!!" She commanded the wolves. The wolves didn't hesitate and they retreated from the location, whimpering and panicking. She shifted to her human form and spoke to Razkar "Son of Myri... it seems we're a bit too late, she had slain two wolves already.... what are you going to do?".

"S-STOP IT!! Madame Ama!! STOP IT!!" Kouri screamed like a banshee. Her chakrams violently flew here and there as she futilely trying to stop the light.

"....." Ama slowly dimmed her gnosis and made a sad expression. "Dear, what did I told you about... slaughtering wolves?"

"Huff... heh..." Kouri could see more clearly and saw Razkar was standing beside Ama, weapons out and battle-ready. "Huh? I was just getting some wolf bones for Sir Razkar... and Sir Razkar, why do you look like you want a fight?" Her tone was now back to the polite little girl way of speech. "......" She stationed her chakrams beside her right shoulder, eyeing both of them suspiciously. "What did Madame Ama told you, Sir Razkar?"

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 11th, 2013, 1:00 am

Razkar wondered why there was no warning before the light flared, but understood a moment later once the spots had cleared from his eyes. A tremble went up his spine that he knew could only come from the wyrd... but the terror he was expecting did not grip him. There was an... unease. A knowledge that what he was feeling could be harmful or beneficial, or... or was it how he was reacting to it?

Or something deeper in him. One half of Razkar's being seemed to be scrambling at the corner of his guts, snapping and snarling at the light. The other accepted it with grace and calm...

Snap out of it!

The Myrian did, and soon wished he hadn't. Fubuki was backing away from the light, afraid in a way that he never knew ghosts could be. After all, what could you really do to them? But she was now... well, more like a little girl, flailing, shaking her hair, and the scattered canines yipped and yowled to the sky-

Ama, or whoever the hells the female next to him was, not in human form, growled something and Razkar glanced her was in surprise. It actually sounded more like a wolf than a human, sounds snarling from her lips, and the rest of the wolf pack vanished into the undergrowth.

"Son of Myri... it seems we're a bit too late, she had slain two wolves already.... what are you going to do?"

Razkar's eyes fell on the corpses... if you could even call them that anymore. One of them was... Goddess, rarely had his people even been so brutal in killing their enemies. The skull was literally in pieces, bone fragments and brain matter splattered in a rough circle around its bloody corpse. The other one was...

Wheezing.

"S-STOP IT!! Madame Ama!! STOP IT!!"

"Dear, what did I told you about... slaughtering wolves?"

Razkar heard the words between the two - one girlish and pleading, the other calm and almost scolding - but he was already moving towards something that through some cruel twist, was not yet dead. Its belly had exploded been ripped open from the inside; Razkar almost refused to believe it, but the cuts and the spread of innards... they all spoke to that. Its mouth was shredded, torn, bleeding and battered...

Yet its chest still heaved gently. Breath sucked and blew with blood bubble from its lips... and dim, lidded eyes slowly swung to him.

The Myrian knelt by the wolf and touched its side, gladius now sheathed so he could touch it with a free hand. He stroked its fur, and was reminded in a flash of the dozens, hundreds of animals he had slain throughout his life. More deer and monkeys and sloth than he could remember. Wolves and tigers. Jaguars and lynx. Even the occasional crocodile. But he had never caused such agony...

He was not marked by Caiyha, but only one with no soul could fail to see the pleading request in the mutilated wolf.

"Go onto the next world, brother," Razkar whispered in his own tongue, raising his ax, "And know peace."

Iron flashed down. A wet, thick thunk as it buried into a skull, cleaving through brain and spinal column. The light in the wolf's eyes died in a blink, leaving Razkar alone over it like it was his fault. Eventually, as he blinked, and breathed, and thought, he felt the words waft through his senses... until he realized who was speaking them.

"What did Madame Ama told you, Sir Razkar?"

"Not call me 'SIR'!"

It began as a shout but the last word was roared. Roosting birds fled upwards and even nearby insects paused slightly as if to ask each other "did you hear that, too"? The two apparitions, Kelvic and ghost, flinched in surprise as the Myrian's words lashed them. Then he stood, black eyes snapping towards Fubuki like cold fire.

"No 'sir'. Not knight." He spat the two words as if they were poison, niggling feelings of unease they provoked when they were directed at him now blooming into true anger. "Am Razkar of the Shorn Skulls, Son of Myri... and still, after all she did to jungle... to people... servant of Green Goddess..."

A pause. Tiny but so filled with thoughts and fears. She would not listen. She was insane. She would kill him. He could not kill that which was already dead. He could. She would die. She was still a girl. Why was he here? How could he stop her? Why did he agree to this? What could he-

"... evil and arrogant people in world..."

The ghost's frowned slightly and then blinked back her surprise, realizing that Razkar was shooting her own words back at her. Slowly, Razkar's bloody ax raised, sweeping out to take in the shattered skull of the first wolf, the tortured and near-dissected carcass of the alpha.

"... what is this, female? Not kill quick. I heard laugh. You enjoy kill these creature. Not harm you. Not in you way. You searched, and kill... just to make bone for me?"

Razkar shook his head and felt the shock of genuine disgust rise in him, clear across his pierced and tattooed face.

"This?" He raised the ax, showing her the bone hilt. "This?" Then he patted the gladius with its own thigh bone handle. "This?" The claw necklace with runes made stark by his own blood, hanging around his neck. "All were enemies. Even lion, tried to kill me and other in Sea of Grass. Akalak and Myrian were others. We had duel. We fight. I earned victory. This..."

He cast his hands about again with a hopeless shake of his head.

"... this just murder. Perhaps not see difference. Maybe you mad. Maybe you think I not one to tell, because I am stupid savage." His lips quirked for a brief moment, humor flashing despite the scene around them. "But I think you see. I think you not want to... but do. At least, I hope. Because if that is not true, if did this... thing, just because could... you are monster."

Razkar gripped his ax tighter and felt his gnosis stir again, felt the djed bound in the handle vibrate softly through him... and slid his gladius out of his sheath again with his other hand.

His eyes were hard now. A glint of sadness in them, in the right light, but... resolved.

"This wrong, female. You see me, you think I am just killer, kill all, not think about why. I am warrior. Way we know in jungle not same as how you know it here... but that is what I am. Warrior not do this. Monster do this."

The Myran's jaw set, then tilted up slightly to look her in the eye. He thought back to an awful memory. A pale Dhani priestess, decades under the earth, twisted into something that had refined cruelty and sadism to levels even Fubuki would find hard to believe. Strange. So strange. He did not want to think of them in the same blink... but at the sight of those carcasses...

Too late to go back now.

"And I kill monster."
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next