Completed Myrian madness (Kaie )

A planned visit to the training area doen't go as scheduled thanks to a rather tricky myrian woman.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2013, 1:59 am

11th summer 513AV 15th bell.

Xi headed out to the antinous training grounds to try and test off his skills against the people of syliras. Mostly because the stingy bastards they called knights wouldn't let him into their training grounds to show up their "knights". Xi was annoyed but still he'd simmered down after finding out about a "peoples" training grounds. Xi flexed his hands beneath the darkness of his cloak, hearing the metal clink lightl with the movements. Xi took a slow breath before sitting at the edge oft eh training area, not fighting but looking somewhat intimidating as he scanned out over the arena. Picking out people...for some strange reason this place reminded him of the pits...His oldest job. A job where it consisted of him hauling the broken carcasses of fallen warriors into a small room which by about midday stank worse than he would have even thought possible. Xi shook his head, something that would still linger in his mind though he couldn't help but think back to the person who'd taught him a few things about fighting..."The Bull." Come to think of it...the bull and gregor looked pretty similar, both looked like statues made out of flesh.

Though if Xi didn't have his stone fists, his "Steinfauste" on him, he would have passed the event i nyka off as nothing more than a fever dream, still though Xi's eye's turned back onto the training area, watching like a hawk for someone worth of his time. And worthy of him teaching them. Turned out that was going to be harder than anticipated.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on June 8th, 2013, 9:39 pm

It was a Syliras day like any other. Busy and chaotic. The Bazaar was packed as expected and knights wrangled anyone fool enough to break their strict laws. For them, it was all in a day's work just as serving up alcohol to patrons was a part of her own. Yet it was the 15th bell now and Kaie had the rest of the day to spare. What better way to cash in time than training? Violence was in her blood. The fury of war pumped through her veins. Every day that passed seemed to intensify that primal instinct within her, that Myrian way of life. Kaie removed her boots that she often wore in the crowded streets as she entered the training grounds. Entering the civilian excuse for a fighting pit, her feet shifted naturally through the dirt. It was like by this simple action she was becoming familiar with this ground, becoming one with it. The Myrian woman removed her black cloak, tossing it over the bench nearby as its temporary resting place. Carefully, she removed her gladius and settled it on top of the cloak for safe keeping. All well in her sight of course.

Deep brown eyes scanned the small crowd that had assembled that day. A whole different mix of people of different races and abilities. Different sorts of builds too. There were burly men with hulking muscles and arrogant smirks. Lean guys with little mass to their gangly bodies. Either way, today she found no opponent that caught their attention. More than half were untrained. Just people who thought they were tough shyke without the skills or technique to back it up. Unruly brawlers capable of sucker punching an unsuspecting victim at best. She'd seen plenty of them at the bar, smashing mugs over each other's heads. Throwing blind punches at whoever was in range. It was painful to watch. Kaie wouldn't pretend she was the best fighter herself, but what skill she had was a bit of her pride. She loved what she could do with her hands. Still, she felt incomplete. Myri would always demand more from her. She had not yet reached prowess. So, standing there and shrugging her muscles into a light warm up, she searched. Finally, she caught the presence of someone she could not look past. Off to the side sat a man looking over opponents just as diligently as she had. She knew talent when she saw it. There wasn't much else here to compare him to. In that very moment, the bronzed teenager knew this mysterious figure was a man of skill. Skill she was insatiable for.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 8th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Xi kept his position at the edge of the arena, his eyes moving over each of the people in turn. A slow sweep, every one he laid his eyes on was "practising" for lack of a better word. It was a strange thing to think that the mulling over of the simplistic actions of mankind was something that he couldn't get passed. Before long Xi's eye's had scanned through the crowd to find a barefoot myrian woman glaring or rather leering right at him. Xi let his eyes glance over here a small lithe body, built for speed not power. And from the way she carried herself odds were she was watching what he was. The incompetence of the arena around him and her. Xi eventually shrugged and settled upon the fact he wasn't going to find anyone else to train so this girl might do. Xi lifted himself from the edge of the arena his black cloak around his shoulders and it's hood covering his head. Walking calmly he closed the distance too her. Before long he was standing before her towering over her as he did everyone.

"I saw you watching me...Mind if i ask why? As well as your name?" Xi held himself steady beneath his cloak, his mindset calm and the only thing other than his beard visible beneath the darkness of his hood was the deep neon black-blue of his eyes. A grin pulled at the side of his face before he spoke again. "I assume your here as a fighter, as i doubt a myrian would be here for any reason other than fighting. Well maybe to watch how others do it but still, that falls under the umbrella of fighting."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on June 9th, 2013, 3:58 pm

His eyes connected with hers and there was an unspoken understanding between the two. Both had come to the same conclusion about the arena's current inhabitants, their novice at best skill. Of course she had been watching from afar, warming her muscles and considering a fight with one of the larger bodies for a semblance of a challenge. A challenge she desperately needed. She was alone in this foreign land with no other to continue what her clan had taught her. Presently, she had been doing her best to refine her skills solo. Suddenly, the man she had noticed removed himself from where he was seated. The hooded figure moved toward her in a superior kind of fashion. The sort that had the abilities to back up their demeanor.

"I saw you watching me...Mind if I ask why? As well as your name? I assume your here as a fighter, as I doubt a Myrian would be here for any reason other than fighting. Well maybe to watch how others do it but still, that falls under the umbrella of fighting."

She could see nothing prominent about the man's face beside a visible beard. All else was obscured by his clothing just as she used her hooded cloak to blend into the streets. Kaie cocked a brow at the guy, but her surprise was hidden well behind the curtain of her features. He had known she was Myrian. How? Most passed her off as a tanned human considering she had no tattoos and only a few piercings. Majority of the time she could move in and out without any question of her race. Yet, this man had called her out plain and simple from across the arena. The only explanation she could conjure up was the fact he must be familiar with her people. Very familiar. This simple idea caught her attention and she was captivated by the presence of the mysterious figure.

"I know talent when I see it. I am Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows. Who the hell are you?" She asked with a bit of natural intensity within her brown eyes. Her tone was not rude or domineering, but curious. Somewhat challenging since he had approached her and asked for her introduction, but still she ensured mutual respect.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 9th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Xi smirked, at least he'd gotten the fact she was a myrian right, his time around apos, and revy for that matter had taught him a lot about them, apos how varied their appearances could be and revy...Well she taught him their temperament and how they carried themselves. Still though as she spoke Xi got his answer. Xi smirked and since he was well familiar with them. Her demeanour told him more than she probably meant too. The way she carried herself meant she was sure about her fighting skills and that through this she was more sure about herself. That and the moniker of her family name. Xi lowered his vision slightly trailing down from her eye's to the rest of her, focusing in on her build now that he was close enough to do so. Light frame and anot a lot of muscle, speed. And lots of it. Xi eventually broke his silence and returned the meeting. Or rather her curt greeting.
"I'm no-one special...Just here observing the natural condition of the people who "train here". I take it your purpose far outstrips mine, after ll you seem to be here looking for something or someone, if i had to guess i'd say you wee looking to test your skills?"

Xi kept his hood masking his face as he throw his cloak back over his shoulders to fold his steel coated arms across his chest. "And if your here to fight...I assume your here because you think you can beat these people?" Xi turned his head lightly to glance back over the crowd making a mockery of themselves. "Where are my manners...I haven't introduced myself, i'm Ximal...Just call me Xi. So kaie, you say you know talent? But you've only just seen what i look like beneath my cloak, you haven't even seen my face how do you know what kind of skill i posses. Xi tilted his head lightly and tapped his fingers along his upper arm. "Given your standoffish stance, i'm getting the feeling you think your skill is good? Perhaps you'd like to prove that your better than the common louts over yonder."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on June 9th, 2013, 5:16 pm

A challenge and one she couldn't put down. So the barbarian's name was Ximal, or Xi rather? Not a common name among the human city. She guessed he wasn't born in Syliras but she could easily be wrong. Nonetheless, she paid more attention to him now that he offered some sort of combat. She saw how he sized her up, took in the sight of her thin frame and toned body. Quickness was her niche. Yet, what was Xi's? She paused momentarily in considering, wandering his body to find an answer to her question. He was strong, muscular, and could probably move his body with hidden agility she wouldn't expect. At his accusation she let a glimmer of a smile grace her soft features.

"Not good. I've been stuck in a city of peace for two years. Syliras is no place for warrior. Fighters..." She began, gesturing her head in a nod toward the combatants behind them. Simultaneously, a massive brute swung his clenched fist into the face of a scrawny kid. His victim hadn't even thought to put his other hand up to protect his face. Needless to say, the kid dropped like a rock unconscious. "Not same par as Taloba. You look like skilled fighter. I see the confidence in your eyes. Probably decent for a barbarian. If you prove a good challenge, maybe you teach me along the way?" She finished with a shrug as if the suggestion was open for negotiation. His eyes were the brightest blue she had ever seen. Within them she saw an opportunity she couldn't quite describe. Honestly, she hadn't a clue what it was herself. Still it was there. Kaie wasn't one to sit back and let the world spin without her hand in it. No, she would take the reigns. If this barbarian knew something she didn't she'd have to compromise. No Myrian likes being defeated by a barbarian let alone trained. Unfortunately, she had no other options.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 9th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Xi slid his hood back eventually allowing his face to be seen in full clarity. Xi smirked and tugged st the fastening of his cloak before tossing it to the side. A raised eyebrow adorning his face. Xi laughed lightly as she spoke about being held in a city of peace for two years. No place for a warrior. Xi followed her gesture catching the scrawny runt taking a nap. Xi couldn't help but smile and shake his head. Xi inclined hsi head again looking back at her. Not on the same par as her home. that was probably true if revy was anything to go by... Xi closed his eyes before reaching across each arm and pulling off his gauntlets and tossing them atop his cloak. He looked like a skilled fighter, confidence, decent for a barbarian a good challenge and then as usual was the call for teaching. Xi cracked his knuckles and then removed his shirt, if he was going to fight he';d do it under strong pretext. If she had the skill to match her confidence perhaps he might get a good match out of this. Tossing the black sirt atop his black cloak Xi turned hsi eye's back to her.

" Alright, i understand the feeling of being trapped within a city of peace but it is peace that lets a fighter know where they really belong and allows them to train themselves to harness and hone their skills. Like a warrior with a blade. A fighter without a weapon must have his skills honed to an even finer edge." Xi held himself in his formless stance looking like he was standing normally. Xi rolled his shoulders and looked down at her again. "How about we make this interesting? A wager. You think i can teach you, and well i think that you look like a skilled fighter. Whoever losses owes the winner a favour? That way you'll still get taught but if you win i'll owe you and if i win you'll owe me. If you accept. Attack me." Xi took a slow breath and tried to centre his concentration. Xi shifted down four gears in speed and strength, and three gears in technique. If he was going to do this...He'd do it whilst having some fun. Besides this was his way go gauging what she was lacking. And where he could help her improve.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on June 9th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Watching the hood drop, she saw the man for what he was. Revealed, the beard was connected to a scarred man with bright blue eyes. Bluer than any Akalak she had seen in her life. They were mesmerizing to her with their unique hues. The barbarian had a very different viewpoint than she had, that was for sure. He brought forth the idea that any warrior needed peace to advance their skills. Yet how could this be true? Her purpose was to create war and bring victories to the Goddess Queen Myri. How could she sacrifice the blood and bodies of her enemies in peace? The seventeen year old had been walled off by such claims that conflicted with Myrian ideology. Basically, she couldn't quite wrap her head around it. It just didn't fit. The bare chested man looked at her, awaiting her decision. She wouldn't make him wait long. "Challenge accepted," she thought as soon as the last word slipped through his lips.

Kaie wasn't about to go barreling toward him like an enraged Tskanna, like some sort of fool. Although she hadn't yet been the initiator she would try not to get herself locked up with a mistake. Not straight out of the starting gate. With the little space between them, Kaie would utilize what she had. Her knees were already bent slightly and immediately her hands moved into their position. Hands were not clenched just yet, but were naturally open. Perfect if she wished to grab or strike last minute. They blocked her face, elbows close to her rib cage to protect her sides. Head was lowered slightly to increase surface protection her hands provided, but she was balanced. Prepared to move in one direction or another. All of that had happened within a moment's notice. Just before she went in for her attack.

Leading foot came forward and left with the back to follow. Just before closing a dangerous gap, she switched gears and half stepped right quickly in the tiny space she gave herself. The result was a juking motion that feigned her position and where she planned on attacking. As she came right, her right hand shot low for a hook punch to his rib cage. All in a hope she had caught him before he had lowered his elbows into a proper position to defend them. Of course she couldn't stop there. Aggression in battle took over, and just as the striking hand returned to defend her face, her lead went for the solar plexus in a straight jab.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 9th, 2013, 6:32 pm

Xi watched the myrian woman fall into stance, her small and lithe frame meaning her stance could be small and tight. Good. The gap between them closed with a practised fighter's grace swift and then a slight change she moved in on her right foot and went for a right hook? Xi could see that there wasn't as much power behind the attack as she'd like to think there was, instead he simply twisted his body back far enough to let her knuckles barely scrape across the front of his abdomen. however she followed it up well bringing her body weight back around to aim at his diaphragm. Xi smirked and lifted his left hand high enough to catch the strike. Blocking with an open left palm. His fingers closed around her small fist like a vice, a crab catching hold of a small fish. Xi then bough his right arm out and through out a few randomly placed jabs each with half the power of a full straight due to him holding back, across her left hand side. Whether or not any of his lightning fast strikes connected. Xi then rolled his left arm out and around still holding onto her wrist. He hope she would follow in the turn else have her wrist broken or get out somehow, if she did follow in the spin she'd find her left arm now pined above the small of her back.

Xi took a slow breath and then spoke with a slow and controlled tone. "Your fast, i'll give you that, but your first punch lacked power. The second was better, but predictable. Also surprising that you'd agree to a challenge without finding out what the favour i wished of you was first ? Good, means you don't intend to lose." Xi if he had hold of her arm would then push her back to recreate the gap releasing her arm as well. Then it was his turn, Xi closed the cap between them with a single powerful step, then brought his left arm across mirroring her first move but with his left hand side. Left foot first and then left fist, his target was her left shoulder. If it hit or missed then Xi would use the turning momentum he'd just given himself to continue his assault with a leg sweep using the calf of his right leg.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on June 10th, 2013, 4:35 pm

Brown eyes dilated some watching the large man skate around her attack with ease. As he gripped her left fist before it could land its attack, she knew exactly what she was in for next. A hurricane of jabs came her way, and though she moved her free hand across her left cheek to block the blows, she wasn't too successful. He got in a good jab or two before her hand could halt the damage inflicted by others. Yet, now he had her fist in his vice like grip.

"Your fast, i'll give you that, but your first punch lacked power. The second was better, but predictable. Also surprising that you'd agree to a challenge without finding out what the favour i wished of you was first ? Good, means you don't intend to lose," He had said, a tone that let her know he knew exactly what he was talking about. Predictable? She hated the word and it infuriated her that she had associated herself with that adjective. Tables needed to be turned against this experienced teacher.

"I'm just warming up..." She replied quickly, not intending to waste any further time. Despite the fact he seemed to have the upper hand, much to her annoyance, she was thankful for a competent instructor.

Gnosis burning, Kaie was well aware the window of opportunity was closing quickly. Within seconds, he would complete the next phase of his counter and she'd find herself in an unfavorable situation. She gritted her teeth, clenched the captured fist tightly, and stepped her right foot back. Simultaneously, she drew her left elbow in forcefully toward his. The effect would cause her wrist and fist to slip from his grip, leaving his hand holding only empty air. He was good. Kaie needed to be better. Capitalizing on what she had given herself, she gripped his wrist tightly in her right hand and brought it to her hip. Outside his arm range, she used her left arm to press down on the area just above his elbow. In one fluid motion, she made her arm like a saw on his arm while she back stepped. She used her legs for power, not her back, moving to bring him flat on his stomach while controlling the wrist. If she was successful, Ximal would find himself flat on his stomach with his right arm in Kaie's control. From there she would follow him down, knee on his back with strikes coming like quick hammers to the back of his neck.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next