Completed Myrian madness (Kaie )

A planned visit to the training area doen't go as scheduled thanks to a rather tricky myrian woman.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on June 18th, 2013, 1:29 am

Xi had dealt with the over Xi glared at the rest of the people there. And then stretched himself out relieving a large number of snaps and cracks from all along the joints of his arms. Xi yawned lightly and moved back over towards kaie. He'd fought better than any myrian she'd met. Xi shrugged lightly and responded in kind. "It's difficult finding someone who can actually have a spar with me and test my skills. I honestly believe that my best chances fop finding someone like that like in the akalaks and the myrians...Both are strong warrior cultures but for different reasons...What i worry about though is that i wont find someone strong enough to truly push me in either..." Xi thn caught something flying at him out the corner of his eye a large man trying to pull off a surprise attack. also unarmed and Xi as if to demonstrate his point stepped back as the guy threw his punch the edge of his hand barely missing Xi's nose. Xi exhaled slowly and brought his left leg across cutting out his legs from behind then keeping with his momentum lifted his arms up and fell with his full weight onto the man's chest with his elbow. The hard point of it slamming into the man's heart. That'd leev the bastard reeling.

"It never ceases to amaze me-" Xi rose from the ground slowly speaking as he did so. "-that people think that they can pull a surprise move on me...Still Kaie, i made you an agreement and i intend to stick by it...ice your rested enough i'll teach you whichever of my moves you wish to learn. Or You could state sa type of move you'd like to learn and i can teach it to you. If i have one in my repertoire that matches up." Xi smiled and looked down at the still stunned and possibly unconscious foes he'd just defeated. He couldn't help but feel vaguely sorry for them.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on July 19th, 2013, 4:36 am

Had Kaie sat there claiming she wasn't impressed by Ximal's dexterity and skill, she'd be quite the liar. The way he moved, his agility and speed despite his large build, astounded her. His style of fighting so contradicted the Myrian way yet it wasn't so barbaric either. Scratch that. It wasn't completely unbarbaric. It was all so foreign and different from the Myrian way and the typical brawling barbarian way almost equally. He was original. She'd never seen anything like it. So, as she watched him lay out his competitor with little strain at all, Kaie was somewhat speechless. All she could do was watch and listen.

"Well done. I do have a request for you. Multiple attackers. How can you handle them, two or three at least, at once?"
She finally asked him with a steady gaze that was lit with a fire of motivation. Of course she valued one on one defenses, but lately she'd found that predators don't come alone. They weren't skilled or independent enough. Almost always did her opposition come in packs. After all, who knows what kind of trouble she'd fall into in her travels? Better to be prepared. Of course her question wasn't quite the request that Ximal probably expected from her, but she didn't take it back. The skills and information she desired to receive from him were too valuable to pass up. Besides, maybe Ximal would find amusement in this challenge too. No doubt he was a legitimate teacher. Why not test how great of an instructor he really is?

OOC:Sorry for the wait! My summer has been quite out of hand.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on July 19th, 2013, 12:52 pm

oocIt's perfectly fine :) dun worry about it

Xi could see the small look of bewilderment on kaie's face the little glance saying everything it needed too. He'd shocked her not just by fighting but by how he was acting. Xi eventually heard her request, how could she deal with multiple attackers? Xi smirked and sat down next to her. Seeing quite clearly the burn in her eyes much like he had in his at times. Xi sighed and smirked. Before saying one word. "Motion" Xi lifted his hand and snapped it out in a searingly fast jab. "A body moving is a harder target than one staying still, keep moving. If you face multiple opponents keep your momentum up. You may tire, but you wont get hit. All foes you want to have at least some way to track, don't forget your ears are as useful as your eyes. You can hear someone even when you cant see them. Also to prevent the excess burn of your own energy from throwing out attack after attack whilst constantly moving , instead use counters. There ways of using your opponents force against them. They're dangerous but very very powerful."

Xi folded his arms and leant back slightly, yawning with the heat of the day. "Also don't get too full of your own abilities, if you are strong, seek to get stronger, to better your own skill not to best another. Xi smirked and was fairly certain that she was probably going to ask him to show her what he meant by "motion".

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Kaie on July 28th, 2013, 1:11 am

Motion. That was it? Kaie's brow furrowed together in perplexion at the simplicity of it all. Seemed easy enough. Or so she thought. Naturally she figured there was more to what this skilled man had to say, barbarian or not. She had much to learn from him. Kaie thought for a moment about what was said. Immediately she felt like she had it down. Bob and weave, use their force against them, and counter like she always had. Simple, right?

"Show me," She said her request as if she expected he had planned to anyways. A very sure-fire response. Immediately she moved from her previous position feeling ready to go. How he'd demonstrate, she didn't quite know. Call over a few heavy hitters and show her? Or maybe he'd make her go a little hands on. A "learn on your feet" sort of training she had grown up on. Either way worked for her as long as she absorbed and refined what knowledge was gifted. He had a good point about the skills bit he added at the end. One she hasn't mulled over so much. No matter how powerful or incredibly gifted she was, there would always exist someone better. Someone with more intensity, power, speed, or better technique. Kaie would do best making that someone harder to come by.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Ximal on July 28th, 2013, 4:24 pm

Xi smirked rolling his shoulders and speaking out towards kaie as she asked him to show her. "and how did i know you were going to ask that?" Xi brought his hand up to scratch his chin and stepped lighty from side to side. Slow motions but randomizing where he was going to step next once to the left once to the right and then possibly twice to the left and none to the right. all varied motions but within that ideology lied a simple fact, if she didn't know where he was going to be, how could she hit him? "Right try to attack me. the motions i'm using will make it hard for you to think about where to strike. By using this "motion" you can distract your enemy. it doesn't matter if it's just one or ten. It's about how much you vary your motions, if you stand still your a dead person. The only time you plant your feet, is when you attack, else-wise your feet keep moving, and changing your centre of mass. Keep moving." Xi smirked and invited her to try and strike him the shifting motions of his body darting him around her in a circle. And because of his excess range advantage of his hits over her he could afford to stand just outside her punching zone, and then use this to over come the gap and strike back. This tech worked equally well if you were smaller and faster than your opponent as the user could get in close and strike whilst the opponent is recovering from their miss.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Myrian madness (Kaie )

Postby Radiant on September 11th, 2013, 3:54 am

Kaie :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Tactics +2 XP
Unarmed Combat +4 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
I Know Talent When I See It
Ximal: Beautiful Blue Eyes
Ximal: Challenge Accepted
I'm Just Warming Up
Sparring Against A Master
Ximal's School
There Will Be Always Somone Better Than You

Loots

Notes :
Too bad it didn't finish. :( I was looking forward to what happens next.

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous