Completed A cross of pathways

A symenstra wandering the paths of the docks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 17th, 2013, 2:34 am

Assilsa looks up at the night sky and smiled.
“No, I’m from….. a forest” Assilsa smiled, not wanting to go into detail. Ireth was a beautiful human in Assilsa’s Symenestran eyes. She admired the blonde of her hair and the ocean like eyes.
“I arrived on the first of Summer… I enjoy the city itself however I haven’t seen much kindness, I almost got killed by a Zith child my first day.”
She muttered. The boat past a building that Assilsa was currently sleeping on, it had the perfect view of the water and of the entire town.
“My home town is a very nice place, the hanging lights, the caverns and the food…”
Assilsa touched her ear absently. She noticed the boat driver was giving her the odd look, it would of made her uncomfortable except those types of looks she had been receiving since she arrived in Ravok.

Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 17th, 2013, 8:58 pm

Ireth followed Assilsa's gaze to the ravosalaman. His sneer was common among those wary of tourists who were not human. Shaking her head, Ireth corrected herself. They were wary of all visitors from outside of Ravok. The ravosalamen obtained their superstitions from the sailor-folk. Some of the tales were hatched from reality, of course.

Like the fact that most of the Sylira Region hated her god Rhysol.

Ireth laid a hand on Asslisa's shoulder, careful not to touch any of the Symenestran's exposed skin. "Pay him no heed. You sound like you've had a rough time in my city. I promise it's not all that bad, I promise. We have beautiful sunsets over the lake, a great market in the Nitrozen Plaza, the lake itself, the Temple..."
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 19th, 2013, 7:27 am

Assilsa smiled at Ireth and touched her hand slightly. Turning to see the driver glaring at her she just smiled showing the full extent of her teeth.
“I have been lucky enough to view the sunset and it is indeed beautiful, however I did not realise Ravok honoured a god, is the temple well kept?”
Assilsa earned another glare from the Driver which she ignored and tapped the edge of the boat. With extreme curiosity she placed her hand in the water, as it rippled around her hand she saw the murkiness against her marble like skin.
“Ireth are there fish in this channels?”
she asked pulling her hand out and shaking the water off.

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 19th, 2013, 9:17 pm

A smile graced Ireth's lips at the question of her god. She drew her gaze to the moon. "Oh yes, the most gracious god Rhysol is the god of Ravok. He and his Voice keep Ravok well. His Temple of the Black Sun is one of the most beautiful places in all of my city, in my opinion anyway. The Temple was delivered a heavy blow in that brutal storm in 512, but it's been repaired now, almost more beautiful than it was before. The Order of the Black Sun are the leaders of Rhysol's following. It is to them we go to for any need concerning him. And we make our sacrifices to Rhysol in his Temple too..."

Ireth paused, her thoughts taken by the Temple. She hadn't been to pray in some time, not since she'd moved out of her mother's house. I mustn't forget to attend Temple again.

Asslisa had dipped her slender fingers into the lake water as Ireth had. "Mmm hmm, there are all sorts of fish here. There is no bottom to our canals, this is the lake. The lake's fish swim under our city just as the birds fly over it, unhindered."
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 20th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Assilsa remembered the temple in Kalinor, Viratas’ temple. She wondered if Viratas noticed that she hadn’t prayed since she had reached Ravok. Sending a silent pray to the god Assilsa looked up at the moon.
“This city is amazing, the fact that it stays afloat”
She said dreamily placing her hand back in the water. A few moments pasted in silence before Assilsa Spoke again.
“What are the values of the god?” she asked quietly

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 25th, 2013, 12:12 am

Ireth wiggled a bit in the boat, her thoughts wandering far from the creature sitting before her. "Hmm? Oh, Rhysol is very gracious. He keeps everything in Ravok perfect, absolutely beautiful. He and his Voice protect us all, from enemies and weather and jealous gods. They're very good to us. Sir, let us off here would you?"

The ravosalaman pulled up alongside a worn spot, tied the boat-craft off, and strode onto the walk. Gathering up her pack and cloak, Ireth took the man's assisting hand when offered, stepping back onto the Ravokian 'streets'. She paused a moment, but when the boat-man didn't offer to help Assilsa, Ireth stuck her own hand out. Smiling, she called "Come on then."

Pulling the symnestra out of the craft, Ireth did an about-face and threw her arms open to take in the building she beheld. Majestic and awe-inspiring, the Temple of the Black Sun was one place Ireth didn't go to as often as she'd have liked to. Her mother had always been a faithful Temple-goer, her father not so much. Even the bridges and walks to the Temple held time-memories of days when her mother would drag Ireth and her brothers to Temple.

"Here we are. I must admit, at first sight, I was nervous to speak to you. There aren't many of your people in my city. But, I've honestly had a good time getting to know you. I hope that I've been a good example, not all Ravokians are so stranger-wary. Rhysol will protect us."
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 30th, 2013, 2:30 am

Assilsa smiled up at the temple laughing slightly and doing a quick spin.
“Oh Ireth! This place is wonderful!”
skipping a few steps forward Assilsa turned back to focus her ruby red eyes on her guide. She wasn’t much taller than Ireth, possibly a foot or so?
Looking back at the temple she took in its beauties the carvings amazed her however she was unnerved by the two men guarding the wrought iron doors that lead into the temple. Assilsa took a step forward entering the guards view, when they came into defensive stance Assilsa turned back to Ireth
“Yes, as it seems I unnerve people” turning back to her companion she flashed a wicked grin “Must be the claws or the teeth”
Closing the distance between Ireth and herself, Assilsa skipped and captured Ireth in a tight Embrace once she let go she smiled back at the human
“You have been a wonderful example! The few nice people I have met have made me consider staying the summer… If there anyway I can repay you Ireth?”

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on July 1st, 2013, 2:27 pm

In all honesty, if any unsuspecting human were to abruptly be swept into a hug by a Symenestra, they would be really nervous. When Assilsa pulled Ireth into tha embrace, Ireth tensed up, scared stiff.

Then she realized it was a hug.

She wrapped her arms around the woman in turn, happy to have made somebody's day.

When the Symenestra pulled away, Ireth pushed her hair away from her face with her hand and laughed. "Repay me? Oh I don't know..." She shifted her pack on her back and looked up at the Temple. "You don't have to repay me if you don't want. It was nice to meet you."
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on July 3rd, 2013, 2:08 am

Assilsa smiled pleasantly, however she shivered, Assilsa still hadn’t replaced the torn vest and missing undershirt.
Thinking deeply Assilsa looked up to the stars
“Ireth, if you ever need assistance, Whether it is me to hide you, protect you or anything. I will be there okay? I will not take no for an answer!”
Digging around in her pockets Assilsa met Ireth’s eyes.
“This must be extremely unsettling, me talking in such way however I will be here, just look at either the rooves or at the Silver silver, promise me?”
Assilsa smiled awkwardly again and reached down and began to untie her knee high boots. She could tell Ireth was confused but she continued to undo her boots.

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on July 3rd, 2013, 3:52 am

A call rang out over the walk from in front of the Temple. A rough and cursing mixed-blood shoved past an Ebonstryfe, throwing the guardian to the ground. The man was surrounded and quickly subdued. The Ebonstryfe took the ruffian away, him yelling and cussing.

The turmoil put Ireth on edge, though she didn’t know why. She saw hostility like that everyday. “Hide? Why would I need to hide?”

Shifting her weight from foot to foot, she hesitated. “Assilsa? What are you doing?”
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

PreviousNext