Completed A cross of pathways

A symenstra wandering the paths of the docks

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 8th, 2013, 6:09 am

3rd of summer 514 AV
A woman stands alone leaning against a railing, staring into the horizon. Her black hair flowing behind her, red eyes catching the last sun rays of twilight. She stood singing a symesetran lullaby quietly to herself.
Assilsa had been walking around Ravok since the beginning of summer. She missed her cave dearly however did love this floating town. The docks had been her current ‘housing’ she loved the people of this part of town. They say this part of town is full of the poor, the illegal and lot of other stereotypes that made people void this part of town that’s exactly what she wanted.
Assilsa had come here to meet people. So far she only met cruelty and rejection, it had lowered her spirits of the wonder that she had always been told that was adventure. Stopping her song as the last sunlight hides behind the horizon, she sighs.

Last edited by Assilsa Curare on July 14th, 2013, 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 12th, 2013, 12:22 am

Ireth knew that, with the sun going down, the docks were never to be thought of as the safest of places in Ravok. Nevertheless, here she was, to do what she did best. To play her flute.

Nodding to a sullen black-haired woman, she took up a spot by a corner, where a large store became an alley. The sailor-folk were getting hungry, be it for fair company, drink, or good times. Ireth came to this dock infrequently, because even though she wasn't from the wealthiest of families, intoxicated sailor-folk were annoying at best. And dangerous at worst.
Ireth Telemnar
A tune for your thoughts?

Words: 169690
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2013, 2:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 12th, 2013, 12:20 pm

As Assilsa heard the wonderful melody, she smiled and sang a little louder so the piper could hear her words, Assilsa always considered herself a moderate singer so was perfectly able to sing in tune with the flute. As the words formed with the song, people began to turn around. Assilsa didn't know whether because it was of the talent of the piper or lyrics were sung in Symenos, either way it didnt bother her. However she did convert one line into Common toungue so they could get some feeling from the words
"Oh little darling, so sound asleep, i wonder what crosses your mind..." she sung softly before resuming in Symenos.

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 12th, 2013, 10:59 pm

Ireth could feel the aura of the crowds changing with her lullaby, from the nighttime hunger to a softer contentedness. When the black-haired woman started singing, Ireth got chills. The woman was singing in Symendos... And though the crowd was soothed, the night seemed closer, the shadows darker, the waters rougher against the wood of the docks. The singer's voice was beautiful, almost to the point of being synthetic.

When the song ended, Ireth wanted to launch into a more cheerful melody, but could feel the singer's eyes upon her. Looking up, Ireth waved. "You have a lovely voice..." Ireth suddenly became a bit hesitant, unsure if the woman spoke much of the common tongue.
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 13th, 2013, 6:25 am

Assilsa laughed slightly catching the pipers eyes.
“Really? I probably would sound as good without that beautiful melody!”
Assilsa laughed again and walked over to the piper.
“Nice to meet with you…?”
Assilsa flicked a piece of hair out of her face and smiled, touching her fangs slightly with her tongue.

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 13th, 2013, 11:25 pm

Ireth shifted her weight from one foot to the other as the woman licked her teeth. "Ireth, Ireth Telemnar..." A scuffle broke out between two large sailors across the walk from the girls, with observers laughing and urging the fighters on. People threw garbage out of the upper level windows of the buildings at the fighters too. "Oh by the gods... I was hoping that tonight would be calm. Would you mind if we find someplace quieter. It's been a long day."

Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 14th, 2013, 4:50 am

Assilsa sighed at the fighters and dodged some trash,
“I am Assilsa Curare Nice to meet you Ireth Telemnar, Quieter? That sounds lovely, lead the way?”
Assilsa turned to face the fighters and sighed, Ass the men slugged each other people cheered from the sidelines adding to the sailors anger. She wondered what had started the fight in the first place, A woman perhaps? But it was after dusk what would a suitable woman have men fight at this time?

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 14th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Ireth gently put her flute into her pack and swung the bag onto her shoulder. More and more people were joining into the fray. I was trying to prevent all of this! she thought. All at once, a drunken man was flung from the tangle directly at Assilsa. Ireth just had time to push the woman out of the way as the man smashed into the wall and crumpled into a heap on the walk.

Sighing and shaking her head, Ireth lead down the dock and between a couple of buildings. "I promise that not all of Ravok is like this. Sailors are a rowdy lot." Coming to a canal that wasn't too busy, Ireth hailed a ravosala. She directed the boats-man into the merchant district. He uneasily eyed Assilsa, but didn't say anything.

Once the women were settled into the ravosala, the man pushed off of the walk with his long pole, urging the boat down the winds and curves of Ravoks waterways, deeper into the city. Ireth loved taking the ravosalas anywhere, they reminded her of her father.
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 15th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Assilsa laughed as the small boat rocked, she looked around enjoying the sceneary
“So Ireth Local?” Assilsa looked at the woman with kindness in her eyes. The water reflected the wonderful colours of Ravok

Assilsa Curare

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1)

A cross of pathways

Postby Ireth Telemnar on June 15th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Ireth smiled lightly at Assilsa's broken Common. "Yes, I've lived in Ravok all my life. I'm thinking about doing some traveling, but Ravok is my home. I grew up here..." She dipped her fingers over the side of the boat and into the lake water. It was cool, a murkiness that all the Ravokians felt at ease with. The ravosalaman shoved off of another walk, sending the craft down a narrower canal.

"You know," Ireth remarks after a moment of thought, "I haven't seen you around before. Where are you from? Are you enjoying my city?"
Ireth Telemnar

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1)

Next