[Twister's Scrapbook] Total Turbulence

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Ink on October 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm

I wrote a nice post about troubles getting a job as a professional writer but then kitty sat on my keyboard. The short and skinny: yeah it sucks, I wish you the best of luck next time Twisty.
Ink
DS in Sahova

Words: 259510
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on October 27th, 2014, 4:17 pm

These past couple of weeks have been insane. In a mostly good way.

The short of it is that I went back to my internship at the local second-hand store. I started working there before my hospital visit and only got to work there for a few weeks before I got sick. Now I'm back, and I'm really starting to notice how much my body's just wasted away in that hospital bed, hah. I'm working up my muscle again, but I moved from the clothing department of the store into the kitchen that supports the café. This means I work with doing the dishes left over by customers following lunches and snack breaks, making sandwiches of various kinds, serving people if they order grilled sandwiches (which means I also hawk over the grill) and bake delicious things on the days we don't have customers.

It's pretty nice. I love working in the kitchen. I might get you a picture of me striking a silly pose in my work outfit, since I really look like a waitress in the black clothes, apron and cute little hat. I'm still stumbling about in the kitchen since I'm learning where everything is and what rules and routines apply, but I prefer it over working with the clothes. I'm not your typical lady; I'm completely blind when it comes to clothes. They're a mystery to me. The most I can do is sort clothes by color, but when it comes to sorting them by gender model, size and age... Well, you got me. I just can't do it. I'm just "that girl" who was never interested in fashion. ... Which includes clothes. So most of what I was doing in the clothing department was to iron aprons and fold jeans, which was neither productive nor stimulating. (A cramped little area stowed away in the depths of the building, with no windows, and just my ironing board and... yeah. It wasn't good.)

The kitchen's great, though. It just leaves me exhausted after work, since it's a whole other schedule than I'm used to. That I found a Real Life group of roleplayers hasn't helped this, either, since the past two weekends have been RP marathons for me. It's been very good for me, though. I was starting to feel lonely out here on the countryside. :)

Oh, and that mass seance I mentioned?

It was awesome. I know I haven't talked about it much on Mizahar, but I'm very interested in all things supernatural and I'm an explorer of spiritual beliefs. I won't get into detail since it's a bit of a private subject, but feel free to hit me up if you want to chat about it. Either way... I was a little bit disappointed with the whole event since it focused too much on the parts of mediumship that I was the least interested in. It was a bit too much about providing proof and demonstration, and too many dead relatives. I expected a bit more, since it was supposed to include a seminar and a Q&A session. Both of these just turned into an extension of the mass seance itself, which was a bit boring. Still interesting, though, and it was fun to see the medium in person. (I also snagged the last question in the Q&A, so there's that. Front row, woo!)
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on October 27th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Okay, so. Let me just say that I absolutely love a cappella. I have yet to run into an a cappella cover that I didn't like (and I loved the Pitch Perfect movie). This is just... love. All of it. :thumbsup: Yes, I'm aware that this particular song uses a few instruments (drums, primarily), but still. Peter Hollens is my idol.

Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on October 30th, 2014, 3:51 pm

I just thought this was sweet. :)
Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on November 3rd, 2014, 3:57 pm

And here goes some botched attempts at template gifts for our JrST, Vapor! I hope they are usable. Abstract interpretation and limited editing skills and all, lol.

Signature: [link]

General template:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

Code: Select all
[style=width:600px; background-color:black;border:1px solid #908d8d;margin:auto;border-radius:0px 0px 25px 25px;][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41642[/img]
[indent][googlefont=Raleway]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.[/googlefont]

[color=black].[/color][/indent][/style]

Intervention:

Moderator Intervention

Hello there!

I'm Vapor, JrST of Sylira. And then a polite description of the problem, be it an intervention in a thread or on a CS. Use the tabs below for CS interventions where you separate problems between tabs to make the post appear shorter and more compact.

Problem

Problem

Problem

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Love,
Vapor

[style=width:500px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #908d8d; background-color: #020907; margin:auto; color:#ffffff; border-radius:0px 0px 25px 25px;][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41639[/img]

[size=200][center][googlefont=Quicksand][color=#ffff99][shadow2=white,0,0,3]Moderator Intervention[/shadow2][/color][/googlefont][/center][/size]
[indent]Hello there!

I'm Vapor, JrST of Sylira. And then a polite description of the problem, be it an intervention in a thread or on a CS. Use the tabs below for CS interventions where you separate problems between tabs to make the post appear shorter and more compact.

[tabset=120][tab=Problem,#020907,#ffffff][/tab][tab=Problem,#020907,#ffffff][/tab][tab=Problem,#020907,#ffffff][/tab][/tabset]

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns!

Love,
Vapor
[color=#142723].[/color][/indent][/style]

Simple template:

Text goes here.

[color=#3b2727].[/color]
[style=width:500px; padding-bottom:32px; padding-top:32px; margin:auto; color:#000000; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41643); box-shadow:0px 0px 15px #ffff99; border:1px solid #848484; border-radius:25px 25px 25px 25px;][style2=width:425px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border-radius:20px 20px 20px 20px; box-shadow:0px 0px 40px white; margin:auto; padding-bottom:20px; padding-top:20px; border:1px solid #848484;][indent][size=100]Text goes here.[/size][/indent][/style2][/style][size=100][color=#3b2727].[/color][/size]

Another general template:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

[style=width:550px; padding:0px; border:1px solid #c2c2c2; background-color: #8f9aff; background:linear-gradient(#8f9aff, #8f9aff, #375889, black); margin:auto; color:#ffffff; border-radius:0px 0px 25px 25px;][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=41655[/img]

[indent]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem.

[color=#142723].[/color][/indent][/style]
Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on November 4th, 2014, 2:12 pm

Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Twister on November 5th, 2014, 8:55 pm

I don't really care that people hate Nickelback. I never disliked them and enjoyed a lot of their music. And their recent song is actually really good, IMO.

Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Fallon on November 11th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Deciding to terrorise your scrapbook with cats. Because cats are awesome.

I think I'm done now
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on November 11th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Your cat pictures are appreciated... And so cute!
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Twister on November 12th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Twister

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)