Completed [Office of the NHC] Buying a House

In which Irriari buys a house

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Office of the NHC] Buying a House

Postby Irriari on June 21st, 2013, 2:15 pm

Sixth Day of Summer, 513 AV

Irriari stood outside of the office of the NHC. After seasons of residing in inns, the wilderness, and Tarsin’s Boarding House, Irriari was sick of having to deal with the humans that milled in and out at all hours of the day. Even worse, there was no place for her to brew her poisons.

The office was far less crowded than she had assumed it would be. A few people were standing in line, but the clerk behind the counter processed their requests efficiently. When it was her turn to speak, she stood in front of the clerk for a moment to gather her thoughts. It was impossible to know which Ravokians would be patient with her inability to read and write.

“I’m looking for a place to stay… but not an inn or boarding house. I want to buy my own house within Ravok, and I heard you had a few places for sale.”

As she spoke, Irriari adjusted her quiver strap so that she could reach her miza house and citizenship papers. She slid the papers across the desk so that they clerk could inspect them. The woman blinked, and took two chimes to read through the papers. Doubtless, she was shocked that a zith could obtain citizenship in her precious city. The woman nodded and sighed slightly before rolling the paper up and passing it back to Irriari.

“We have two houses up for sale at the moment. The first is a small house located in the Docks, with a kitchen, two bedrooms, and a common area for the price of 787 golden mizas and 5 silver mizas. It’s a used house, so you will need to repair the wear and tear from the last house. However, the previous owners did leaves a few kitchen essentials.”

The clerk’s voice brightened towards the end of her spiel. She picked her way through a stack of paperwork and pulled out a small scrap that held the details of the second house. The clerk cleared her throat once and spoke.

“The second house is larger, and located in the Merchants Ring. It has a master bedroom, a proper bath, two bedrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, and a common area. It’s double the size of the first for the price of 1512 golden mizas.”

The tone in the clerks voice made it evident which home she would prefer to live in, if given the choice. Irriari was thankful that she had counted her mizas prior to coming to the Offices of the NHC. The decision was easy, as she only had enough mizas to afford the first house offered.

“I’ll take the first house.”

She slid the appropriate number of mizas across the table, and was given a set of two house keys in return.

“I just need to record a bit of information before you go. I need your name and job.”

Irriari gave the woman the pieces of information she sought and walked out of the NHC to find her new home.

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

[Office of the NHC] Buying a House

Postby Verilian on September 10th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Thread Award

Irriari

Loot: Deed to House
Small Home :
Small Home
Price: 787 Gold Mizas, 5 Silver Mizas
Size: 1200 sq. ft.

A small home containing 2 small bedrooms (250 sq.ft. each), a kitchen, and a small common area. The bedrooms each have a simple straw bed, a chest of drawers, and a simple mirror, as well as a rough bench and small table. The two bedrooms share a small privy. The common area contains a few benches, and there is some artwork left on the walls by the previous owners. The kitchen has a stone floor with a stove in the center. It comes with a small pantry, along with some pots and pans left by the previous owners. There is a small scullery, and a basin for washing. The home is located in the Docks district, in the south-eastern quadrant. There is minor wear and tear on the home, and some basic repairs may be needed.

Specs:

Bedroom (Simple)* 400sq
Kitchen (Simple) 400sq
Common Area (Simple) 400sq.ft.

Notes: I went ahead and posted this award since there were no skills involved, and you've already deducted your ledger and likely have been playing in your home. But for any other threads, you need to update your CS, specifically your ledger to include the Summer 513 living expenses, before I can grade your threads. Enjoy your new home, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)