Taking sketch requests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Taking sketch requests

Postby Shizen Whitevine on June 21st, 2013, 10:52 pm

So i've been a sketch artist for a while and i was thinking that i could help the mizahar community and myself through drawing and sketching your ideas. Annndd having too much free time on my hands at the moment, i would enjoy taking requests. It can be anything really, although armor isn't my strong point.

So feel free give ideas or things to draw. Just make sure to give a general idea if you have something specific in mind :)
Shizen Whitevine
Medic, Storyteller

Words: 10858
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2013, 7:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Taking sketch requests

Postby Irriari on June 21st, 2013, 11:14 pm

I would love you to sketch my PC, Irriari. :D

Her descriptions are in my c.s. Do you need any other info?

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Taking sketch requests

Postby Jack Benefort on June 21st, 2013, 11:35 pm

Thanks so much for offering your skills, that is an awesome thing to do. So here is my idea.

The picture idea is actually taken from this thread. It is the scene in the first post where his horse has broken into a gallop and Jack is holding on for dear life. Neither of them are particularly complex things visually, so hopefully it won't be difficult to do. Jack is described in his CS and Danny is the most physically unremarkable horse ever as of right now, just a solid brown coat.

Please and thanks! Again I really appreciate it!
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Words: 50701
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Taking sketch requests

Postby Shizen Whitevine on June 22nd, 2013, 12:02 am

Irriari: I have good mental image of your character, although i havent researched much over the species itself, which i can do myself :P
Oh, and is there any pose or style you want? flying, standing, looking at something. You have a ton of options since your character isnt limited to ground.

Jack: I will read into it, and i don't often draw horses so i cant guarantee you it will be some amazing mind blowing looking horse but i can work on that, practice makes perfect at some point.

both: and for both of you, if i put some good time into detail and quality, it should take around two or three days -ish. Thanks for the requests, looking forward to working on them :)
Shizen Whitevine
Medic, Storyteller

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Taking sketch requests

Postby Irriari on June 22nd, 2013, 1:17 am

Flying would be great! :D

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Taking sketch requests

Postby Krisa on June 22nd, 2013, 5:51 am

Heya.
I wouldn't mind a sketch of my character Krisa :D
It'd be really awesome if you could draw her singing like at the start of this thread:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post280739.html#p280739

She is wearing a simple black singlet and Bryda :)

Thank-you so much
-Kris
Krisa
Voices...whispers...yells...screams

Words: 92099
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:13 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Taking sketch requests

Postby Wrenmae on June 22nd, 2013, 7:01 am

I'd love a sketch if you have time to get to it. Fighting would be an interesting pose for the long dagger/rapier style and his familiar.

But I leave artistic design up to you :P

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Taking sketch requests

Postby Shizen Whitevine on June 23rd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Here's your picture Irriari:
Secret :

note- i had drawn angels before and normal people but drawing Zith feels so different. I used a few elements from the CS pic for the bow, but since it was zith customized, i had no idea what it would really look like so i added a few spikes. I haven't drawn for a few months, so i hope i wasn't too rusty :\ comments?

So next on my list is Jack Benefort and his horse. After that is Krisa and wrenmae :)
Shizen Whitevine
Medic, Storyteller

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Taking sketch requests

Postby Irriari on June 23rd, 2013, 8:25 pm

I like it a lot :D Especially her wings. You nailed it!

Irriari
Blood and Poison

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Taking sketch requests

Postby Shizen Whitevine on June 27th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Here's the picture for Jack,taken from the scene where his excited horse throws him off in the sea of grass.

Secret :

Side note: It ws my first time drawing large scale grass and a actual horse.

And while i was at that, i decided to sketch out my own character.

Secret :

As always, if you can see any room for improvement in my stuff, pray tell, i wont take it personally i promice :)

another sidenote: If you notice the quality gap, its not a personal thing, its just what i am strong at drawing, and what i am still learning. I took a human drawing class, where i drew real people in front of me, and self taught myself the rest of what i know from the years earlier.

anywayssss, krisa is next and then wrenmae
Shizen Whitevine
Medic, Storyteller

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next