Closed Contracted Killers (Inoadar, Wrenmae)

Kyo gets hired for murder, with a twist!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Contracted Killers (Inoadar, Wrenmae)

Postby Kyodaija on July 1st, 2013, 2:27 am

23rd Day of Summer 513 A.V

Kyo was having himself a drink at the Silver Sliver, being mindful not to attempt another fight with the patrons he had previously whacked around before... He had become rather fond of the little bar and its silvery brew. So he had become a fairly frequent patron. It was a normal day at the bar, he had come during the days least busy period (an intentional decision) so as not to attract to many stares from the other patrons. Most of the men gathered there were already well aware of his short temper and avoided him.

Today would prove most different.

A man wearing a white suite approached the bar, taking a look and noting that Kyo was the only one sitting there. Despite this he very deliberately and pointedly sat down right next to Kyo. This was unexpected and Kyo immediately became on edge next to this incredibly bold man who fearlessly sat down next to him. The man called out to the bartender "a full glass of wine please". The barkeep nodded as if with a pleased grin on his face, "Haven't seen you in awhile Mr. Swan." The man "Mr. Swan" apparently simply smiled and took his glass of wine.

The barkeep seemed to mousy over to the other end of the bar and put his attention off the man and Kyo. This he found curious as he had never seen this barkeep act so suspiciously.

It was some time before this "Mr. Swan" finally spoke up, but after a time of sipping casually on his glass he looked right at Kyo and asked "Do you mind killing people for money?" he said with a grin on his face. Kyo responded simply with no time lag "I would kill any man for free if he pisssssed me off... To accept payment to extract a weaker mansss wrath is not much different, all are my prey..." During this Kyo never even looked much over at the man. His very presence was offensive to Kyo's senses, smelling strongly of perfume and other strange scents.

They sat silently for a moment before Kyo finally spoke up, "Well out with it then whom am I to murder?" The man perked an eyebrow and simply laughed, handing Kyo a piece of paper all the same. He looked at the paper and it had the name of a man "Knucklehead jack." Apparently a stage name (real name not provided). He was a retired fighter from some band of mercenaries that were not particularly well thought of. Though all the same an official citizen of Ravok. He spent his retired days doing shady work in the Ravokian black market. Though mostly sought after for his brawn and not brain.

That was all the details the paper gave, besides where he lived in the Docks district. Apparently he had fairly decent house (seemingly above his pay grade)

Kyo took the paper and placed it rolled up into his pocket saying "when am I to off the lout?" The man responded "Tommorow night when he returns home from his dealings in the underground. We will meet again at this same time in 3 days, at this very bar."

The man abruptly stood up placing several Gold Mizas on the table. "Drinks are on me!" Spinning on one heel he walked out of the bar

Things could get tasty tomorrow night...
Last edited by Kyodaija on July 2nd, 2013, 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Contracted Killers

Postby Inoadar on July 1st, 2013, 5:09 am

22nd day of Summer, 513

Inoadar was anticipating an early close tonight. It had been slow all day. He didn't mind though. After he locked the front door, he would go into the back and spend some time with his fungal research. He had quite a few notes from the Library texts at the IHL and he would put them to good use. He already a had an inkling of a new "recipe" and was eager to get into the initial trial-and-error phase. The sooner you start that drudgery, the sooner you found the key and got down to the proper mix work.

As was often the case, a customer entered right on time to interrupt Inoadar's tentative after-hours scheduling. He stifled the annoyance, reminding himself that customers were the top priority of a business, bad timing or not. He was surprised to see an all-white suit, and did a quick mental checklist of which families or factions had that as an indication of their affiliation. He came up blank, but made a note of it, thinking he would find out soon enough who this man represented, and THEN he would note which affiliation he represented.

"Welcome to InoVations, sir. Are you browsing or do you already know what you are looking for?" Inoadar began, expecting the usual hesitancy to reveal their ill-intent towards their fellow man. It had always struck him as amusingly pathetic that people walked into a poisoners shop and then tried to come off as if they nothing but good intentions. 'Why do these people think that I care? Why do they think I'd have gone into this business if I did?'

He was, therefore, pleasantly surprised when the man got right to the point. "I wanted to inquire about the "special services" you mention on your marquee. Do they include thefts? Or do you prefer to limit your services to...'preemptive' self-defense?"

Inoadar grinned. Oh yes, he liked this guy already. "I do anything my talents are likely to accomplish, if the price reflects the risk."

"I have written down both the risks and the price. Read it, and memorize it, because I will not be leaving you a copy." He pulled out a note of paper and handed it to the poisoner.

Inoadar took it and scanned it quickly, having already prepared himself to betray no reaction. it was a good thing, too. It was a name from the Docks, but very upscale for it. He knew from his own sources that there was some nasty ex-mercenary serving as his chief of guard. 'Knuckle-dragger' or something. It was Inoadar's understanding that this guy was a front for one of the Noble families, so it was likely there was some serious defense to bypass.

"Is this to be subtle, or is there a lesson to be learned by someone. Because if you want this slick, I'm going to need a serious distraction."

"In two days time, the target will be picking up the item I want and bringing it home. I will arrange a distraction that should keep his guard busy. If you want to sneak into his home first, or accost him on the street during the disturbance, I will leave up to you. I don't want him killed, though. His guard of course is another matter."
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyodaija on July 2nd, 2013, 3:51 am

24th Day of Summer 513 A.V

Kyo was taking a stroll through the docks. And like normal he was in full battle gear, his spiked armor and gauntlets fastened firmly; It was a warm night that smelled of delicate flowers... After looking about for a time he discovered the smell was coming from a young woman selling roses to passersby. She was blind by the looks of it as she seemed to only respond to the sounds of people rather than truly looking at anyone.

Perhaps nobody would miss such a morsel in the docks...

Kyo quickly perished the thought, regaining his attentions back on the task at hand. He was headed to where this "Knucklehead Jack" supposedly lived.

He quickly progressed his way through the streets, attempting to pick his way to the address of his adversary. He had been to Ravok for over a month and had become fairly used to the street systems of canals and such. He finally found the signpost that market the street that this "Knucklehead" person supposedly lived on. He realized that he had to be correct in his estimation that this area seemed above a man named "Knucklehead" could afford. As he made his way down the streets it only got more extravagant with larger and larger Manors, until he was damn well IN the noble district. That was when he finally saw the place.

It was a large but simply built home. There was not a thing very extravagant about it, only having the most clinically correct portions to its beams and supports lining the outer walls where there were a few terraces.

Kyo took the time to get into a somewhat tucked away spot, not being particularly expect at stealth he simply did his best to stay a ways away from the building hoping he would be overlooked. He waited for several hours til the appointed time the man was to arrive on scene. Almost with impeccable timing the man who could only obviously be Knucklehead finally came into view (having a clear as day headband shaped to make a fist wrapped about his skull). But to Kyo's suprise, so did another shady looking fellow both armed and seemingly aware that danger waited for them...

He did not know what tipped them off but this was now in Kyo's serious disfavor. He had not only Knucklehead to deal with but another man to take care of... It would appear more drastic measure would be needed...

Kyo simply smiled, and began transforming into the terrible form known to few whom still lived as Dahni... allowing his armor to slip off (being designed for such movement) allowing it to clank to the ground. This alerted 2 of the men but he continued all the same. It was to dark for there human eyes to spot the creature taking shape a distance away from them, where it was unlit and dark.

One of the men began to light a spotting lantern, and shined it in Kyo's direction. Kyo did not give the man a chance to yelp as he swiftly moved in cracking his beloved weapon into the mans gaping jaw...

"sSsso it beginsss!"
Last edited by Kyodaija on July 3rd, 2013, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on July 3rd, 2013, 7:21 am

Inoadar got himself dressed in his leather reinforced messenger tunic and breeches. Ordinarily, he would wear the bladed boots, due to the trouble he was expecting, but he had yet to get a new one for his wolf-mauled foot and felt it was important that his footwear match. It was a uniform of sorts after all. So it was the regular polished black messengers shoes instead. The official looking silver sash and black hat crowned the look.

He had no idea what sort of "distraction" the man in the white suit had arranged, and felt he'd best be completely prepared. So, in addition to his scroll-case-designed Tamo daggers, one of which was laced with pillowsap poison, he'd also brought his cane/blowgun, with the stiletto handle. He had a variety of back-up darts in his hidden bracer, in addition to the one preloaded in the shaft of the cane. He had purchased a deliberately larger sized messenger's tunic so that he could pad it for disguise purposes. That played well into tonight's precaution as the extra girth allowed for his mail shirt. Protection as well as disguise-worthy bulk.

He made his way to the home on the cusp of the divide between the Docks and Noble districts, as described in the notes he'd memorized two nights before. He stopped a few times to rest his ankle. He wanted it to be as strong and functional as possible when he had to deal with any remaining guards at the gate. He was not going to assume that the gate would be unmanned for anything short of a coordinated military assault.

He turned the last corner and stopped to take his last rest. He was just about to approach the gate in spite of not being sure if any distraction had occurred, when he heard shouts from the far side of the grounds. The guard at the gate was immediately reduced to just one man, and Inoadar hastened to capitalize on the advantage. Besides, as a courier, he SHOULD be hurrying.

He moved to the barred entryway and pulled a cord, hearing a light bell ring inside a nearby guard house. The guardsman came out, bearing a crossbow, but not leveling it at him. His gaze diverted frequently to where the sounds of a fight were going on.

Inoadar pulled the scroll case looking Tamo dagger set off and held it out as if delivering it. He gave an ironic laugh. "Maybe its a notice that you might have some trouble with thugs tonight."

The guard just grunted at first, then his focus narrowed on Inoadar and he hesitated just enough to make him uneasy. 'What's this?' he thought as the guard returned to the outbuilding, returning a moment later with an unfolded piece of parchment in his hands. He held it up and his gaze cast back and forth between Inoadar and what was on the paper.

"Just pass the scroll through the bars and drop it on the ground." The guard ordered as he took a stance that Inoadar perceived quickly as one that would accommodate quick wielding of the crossbow.
Last edited by Inoadar on July 18th, 2013, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kyodaija on July 3rd, 2013, 9:12 pm

Kyo had dispatched the first of his two quarries with ease, he had caught him unaware with his immensely powerful dahni form, which no mere human could hope to defeat. But Knucklehead proved to be no mans fool...

Kyo whipped his weapon about in an attempt to crash it into Knucklehead's exposed side. But was surprised when Knucklehead managed to parry it with a shield that almost appeared out of nowhere. Kyo had only put a half hearted amount of strength into the blow so he was unable to knock his shield aside at all.

Kyo backed off realizing he underestimated this humans abilities. But the man drew no weapons beyond his newly found shield... Kyo had not managed to spot where he pulled this shield from so he was rather confounded by its sudden appearance. Even more exotic though, He also had a slightly over sized buckler on his left arm as well... Strange to use a buckler and a full steel shield at the same time.

Knucklehead swooped in then, to quickly for Kyo to lash him with his club. Knucklehead drove his forehead into Kyo's face, cracking into it hard and almost fracturing his nose in the process. This caused Kyo to reel backward leaving himself open to being disarmed by the man, which he promptly took advantage of whacking the weapon out of Kyo's hand using his shield while also kicking at Kyo's hand.

Kyo went along with Knuckleheads disarmament to then catch him by suprised with his gauntlet'ed fist attempting to drive the spikes in on the right side which his buckler would not be able to block. Suddenly Knucklehead made a sharp movement with his right that caused the shield to create a larger fan of steel, instantly creating a bigger shield same as the one on his left arm. Which he then used to deftly parry the punch to the side. Though Kyo's strength managed this time to punt him a bit, causing him to slide 2 or 3 feet away.

Again the 2 squared off, pacing around one another now. Kyo hesitant to make another move.
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on July 17th, 2013, 6:27 pm

"He's three chimes too late," Paliman said darkly, looking out the window of his master's estate, "Go fetch him, would you?"

Wrenmae leaned against the back wall, eyes closed. Since he had arrived in the building he'd been deep in his own mind. The man he worked for had come to him privately with a little more information than Wren was comfortable in anyone possessing. The job was simple, guard a package at his estate until he had returned to fetch it. From there he'd deliver it to another place in Ravok. The instructions were deceptively easy to carry out, and that could only mean that the risk was significant.

Wrenmae was no fool, though he'd been the sort to act like one in the past. It didn't take much to understand that he was being used as protection and deterrent against those who would steal or destroy that property...the very fact he'd been sought out suggested that either the threat was unknown or all too well known, and it was worth an investment.

KnuckleHead was to come and relieve him of his duty guarding the package at the house, or at the very least...reinforce him. He was to have arrived three chimes ago and it was unlike the mercenary to be late. Wren had met the man once when briefing the job...loud, dirty, cruel...a typical 'get the work done' sort of man. If he was late it meant he had met with some sort of trouble and was either dead...or simply delayed.

"My job is to protect the investment, Paliman," Wrenmae said without opening his eyes, "You go and fetch him if you worry so much. If Knucklehead ran into trouble, it will follow him here." He opened his eyes, frowning, "When that happens, I'll deal with the trouble. Don't forget...you may be your master's favored slave, but you don't command me. I'm here to do a job and you're distracting. Go and check on the guards at the gate. I want to know they aren't compromised."

Paliman opened his mouth to say something, thought better of it, and scurried away toward the front of the house. Wrenmae sighed, sliding a finger along the side of his long dagger and then pulling the steel-cloth cloak around his shoulders.

The night dragged on...by daylight, his work would be done.

He hoped he wouldn't have to fight tonight.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Inoadar on July 18th, 2013, 4:45 am

Inoadar faked a serious yawn, holding out his cane and hooking it behind his head as he finished it up. "I'm sorry?" he questioned distractedly, "Did you say drop it on the ground? That's a little odd isn't it? Why don't you just take it?" he held the scroll/dagger in his left hand, his right on the cane, which he twisted to unlock it. The hook being anchored behind his head made this something he could do one-handed. He was playing for time.

"Just do what I say. And do it now!" the guard ordered roughly, the crossbow wavering in a near ready position. Inoadar knew the man would not be able to fire it efficiently with one hand, but he also knew he was close enough that he may not have to. And he knew his mail shirt would be no real protection against the force of a crossbow.

Just then, another loud crash and scream of pain sounded from around the corner. If there had been time, Inoadar would have said "thanks" to the guard for looking away. As it was, he had to hurry to slip the cane off the stiletto and to put the blowgun in his mouth and fire. As much as the guard was close enough not to miss him, he also was close enough not to miss the guard. The dart of Bloodroot took the guard in the back of the neck, the mental confusion taking rapid hold of the man. But there were a few seconds of transition where he might still plant a bolt in his guts.

As the guard whipped back around with the weapon leveled, Inoadar had already whipped the cane back up to a near-enough position to look innocent, and slipped the "scroll" through the bars to drop it on the ground just inside the gate. "There you go, then. There's the scroll."

This simple gesture of contrition stalled the man's attack as his gaze dropped to the scroll. His brows knit together and he looked up, confusion spreading across his face. Another echo of combat made its way from the distance and the man turned, unsure of what he was supposed to be doing.

"Excuse me," Inoadar coaxed, "You were going to hand me back my scroll, sir." He pointed at the disguised dagger set on the ground. The guard shrugged, his expression still befuddled, but there was a look of relief at having something to do that he could be sure of. He picked up what looked to him to be the scroll case and handed it back through the bars to Inoadar.

"Thank you." Inoadar said, stepping up to the bars suddenly and reaching through with both hands. He grabbed the guard by the neck and pulled him face first into the bars with a loud clang. He snapped his wrist, separating the daggers, one of them in his hand, the other now hanging at the end of the leather strap.

The poisoned blade was not the one in his hand, he noted with a mental curse. He jabbed the blade he WAS holding into the groove of the crossbow, dislodging the bolt just as the guard fired. The steel bowstring tore the dagger from the wood, sending it spinning through the air to bounce off Inoadar's chain shirt. It also brought the other dagger flipping up, the strap catching on the bars. Both men grabbed at the haft, but Inoadar had the benefit now of the secondary effects of the Bloodroot poison, weakness.

The guard slumped on his feet with sudden exhaustion as Inoadar easily ripped the blade from his hand and swung it back to slash his hand. The guard lacked the strength now to break away from Inoadar's grip as the Pillowsap poison on the blade had him asleep in less than a chime.

Inoadar shook his head at the unexpectedly beneficial way that things had turned out, and found the guard's gate key. He unlocked the gate, stepped through, and closed the gate behind him without locking it. It sounded like the provided distraction was in full swing, so he dragged the guard back to the gatehouse and propped him on the bench, asleep. Then he made his way to the door of the manor.

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kyodaija on July 21st, 2013, 4:08 pm

Knucklehead was first to move. Lunging in at Kyo trying to get him with the edge of his right arm shield. Kyo dodged the blow managing to swing a counterpunch in return. Which with his other not extended shield Knucklehead blocked easily. Kyo was several times stronger then most men in his own human form, and twice that in his Dahni form. But he felt this man was strong enough to be as strong as Kyo's human form.

With this troubling realization made, Kyo needed to find a way to get the upperhand. He was still quite a bit stronger than his foe but did not think he would manage to beat him in a straight out brawl. Kyo took a shield bash in the face and only just managed to swing to the side to slightly lessen the bell ringing blow, though it afforded him the opportunity to make a fall to the garden next to them and pick up a large handful of dirt. tossing it into his victims face... Knucklehead was used to brawls but did not expect the blow, reeling backward as he clutched his eyes pitifully.

Kyo used the moment to begin his transformation into his snake form... Thinking this man was no longer a simple target for elimination, but a worth while meal. In about 15 seconds "halfway through his transformation" Knucklehead was able to peer out and see Kyo transforming in a horribly disfiguring fashion, as his body morphed into something else entirely.

He hadn't used his snake form in a very long time. Preferring usually to simply have a brawl with his opponent rather than use his mighty hunting form. But he was irritated at this point and sought to end this pathetic struggle. Knucklehead gazed in horror as he stood in front of a giant 46 foot long snake. coiled and poised to strike. He visibly shook and took on a face of steely resolve. It was obvious to Kyo that this man had never fought a monster before, but admirably stood his ground at the sight of one.

Being in his snake form all way made him feel ravenously hungry... He would feast well tonight. He boiled his Djed deep inside himself, slithering closer to his intended foe all the while... Patiently approaching, while Knucklehead took several steps back cautiously... Kyo lept forward using his Djed to reach a ridiculous speed for any Constrictor Dahni. The strain was not to bad as he managed to successfully distribute the Djed. To the mans surprise Kyo lunged "past" him when he figured he was lunging in for a direct strike. But that was not the way of the constrictor...

Kyo wrapped around his victim rapidly circling around him spelling his inevitable doom. Knucklehead was not overly smart and circled around frantically unaware of what he should do... Kyo's next move struck then hard and fast, wrapping around his prey violently. Knucklehead put his shields out to attempt to stop the oncoming tide of muscles and scales. His arms struggled against the slowly increasing pressure of the serpentine form slowly pressing in around him. His arms bulged with all their might trying somehow to win the death match of strength. Eventually his left arm popped loudly as he screamed out in agony, his bone likely having been shattered or dislodged completely.

Kyo coiled and coiled crushing his helpless victim and his silly shields all the while. While he writhed and screamed, a very pleasant sound for Kyo to hear come from his opponent. He noted 2 guards at the side with looks of terror on their faces. One had visibly wet himself and was shaking violently. While the other looked ready to charge in and attack.

His plans quickly changed as the man whom had soiled himself turned and quickly ran for the house, the second man having lost his nerve turned and fled as well.

Leaving Kyo to continue crushing his soon to be feast into a nice soft mush of muscle, bones, and brains... What little were inside this man's skull to begin with...
Kyodaija

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on July 21st, 2013, 8:13 pm

Something was wrong. Something was up. There was a sketch on the paper the guard had been looking at just before his attitude had become suspicious. The sketch was a fair rendering of Inoadar's face, accompanied by the symbol that was on the sash he usually wore with his messenger disguise. He had not worn the sash tonight, but the image had been enough to warn the guard against possible treachery. Especially given the paragraph of warning accompanying images. Someone had known he was coming, and that he'd likely be wearing a messenger disguise! There was only one man that knew he wore a messenger disguise to do this kind of work...

'Shyke!' Inoadar cursed silently as he reqached the front door,'the petching door is locked! They have a petching gate...and guards! And they still lock the petching door!' his foul-mouthed reverie was broken by the realization that the sound of combat had waned in the yard around the side of the manor. He even thought he heard men approaching!

He slipped behind some sculpted shrubs in a mulched garden bed beside the house, beneath a window. He suddenly noticed he smelled something familiar. Wax...a candle...a lit candle. He looked up, fearing he'd see some guard standing on the stoop glaring at him, but he realized instead that the scent was coming through an open window. He dared a peep in through the low corner of the window and saw an empty room. The single open pane was not enough to slip though, but the simple clip lock was easy to reach by slipping his arm through the single pane.

He climbed into the room and went immediately to the closed door, crouching down. This was apparently some sort of 'Day Room" or "Sun Room" and there were far too many windows for Inoadar's liking. He was relieved to hear commotion starting up outside again but could not tell its direction from inside. His instructions were to go the trophy room upstairs, unlock the bookcase and remove a certain volume of high value. Some pre-valterian work on ancient sites of mystic energy. Apparently, the information was not only of tremendous value to someone, but the book itself had very few printings and many had already been lost.

Given the window's relative position to the front door, it stood to reason that the door he now crouched beside would open onto a main landing or hallway. With luck, there would be a stairway up right there. He slowly turned the knob and tested the door an inch at a time. At about five inches open, the door started to creak. He left it there and returned to the table in front of the low settee, grabbing a small, but heavy brass statuette.

He stood to the side of the door, his arm poised to strike anyone that might investigate, and swung the door open, stepping with its arc to keep it from hitting the wall on the other side. There was only a very slight, high pitched creak. He didn't see anyone as he scanned the hallway to see the anticipated stairway. He was just stepping into the hall as urgent voices sounded on the far side of the front door. The lock rattled and the door started to open...

Inoadar
Still at Large

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Wrenmae on July 22nd, 2013, 12:09 am

Two men came tearing through the main doors, one before the other and up the staircase Inoadar anticipated climbing himself. The shadows of the room aided the poisoner in keeping hidden, and the other two guards were far less interested in the fact they had left the gate open, with the fact they had not seen the guard at the door, and with the giant snake crushing the life out of their superior in the docks just outside the home.

They burst into the room with the bookcase, just as Paliman was about to exit. Instead he was struck by the opening door and hurled to the ground. His hands raised to cover his head, thinking they were under attack. But behind him, Wren transfixed the two guards entering the room with a venomous gaze.

Both men stopped in the doorway.

"Sir," one said, not sure whether to address the cowering Paliman or the thin man who had not moved, "We...We...there..."

"A giant snake!" The other one spat, "Petch! It got our entire guard! It's a mage, a petching mage, turned right into a giant snake!"

"Dhani," Wrenmae muttered, shaking his head, "It's their species. If you saw it transform and take you all out at once, it must have been a Dhani...mages shift slower."

The two men stared at him dumbly.

Ammonia clouded the air.

"Is the front gate secure?" He asked them as Paliman started to slowly get to his feet, "Tell me that the front gate is secure."

"I..." One looked back at the other, "Did you close the gate?"

"I didn't see the guard there. The snake must have got him. The petching snake!"

Wrenmae took a deep breath and strode toward the hired goon. The two men did not realize it, but Wrenmae had reached out with his Djed, invading their auras and injecting a tapestry of fear into each man. As he approached, one of the men drew their weapon, but Wrenmae was faster and his long blade whipped from the scabbard, caught the sword and diverted it sideways, his hand rose and grasped the man by the throat. The other guard remained still, his heart thudding against the inside of his chest.

"I will make this completely clear," he said softly, applying pressure against the windpipe, "You have one of two choices. Either you stay here...and I kill you, collecting both your salaries, or you return to the gate, close the gate, and keep it guarded. One is a certainty of death and the other is only a possibility. If you see anyone...ANYONE approach the gate, you call for me. I'll handle it."

His eyes traveled to the other man, "I don't think I've outlined a terribly difficult set of choices, do you?"

Both men shook their heads and Wrenmae released the guard he held. The man he'd strangled rubbed his throat and then both men stepped back, turned and left.

The echoes of their footfalls passed Inoadar in the shadows as they went out to close and secure the gate.

Paliman looked up at Wren and shivered, standing and dusting himself off.

"Make yourself useful," Wren ordered the servant, "Go and bring water to those two men at the gate...while you're at it, search the ground for the other guard. I doubt the snake got him."

Paliman nodded and left the room, scurrying down the stairway past Inoadar before vanishing into the rest of the house.

The door closed behind him and Wren lowered his head...waiting.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next