[Location] The Defiled Blade

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gillar on August 19th, 2009, 7:59 am

Located along the eastern curve of the Merchants Ring is a relatively large stone building with a couple very large chimneys reaching up from the roof. Plumes of dark smoke belch from the gaping mouths of the chimneys and the sounds of hammering can be heard at almost all times of the day and into the night. Known as "The Defiled Blade" this is the largest forge in Ravok and while privately owned, is commissioned to do all of the work for the city guard as well as the general soldiers of the Ebonstryfe. Some even say full officers and Paladins in the Ebonstryfe have their equipment made here. While initially one may wonder why private citizens would be able to own and operate such an important facility, as soon as they enter the facility and meet the owners, all questions are answered.

Inside, the building is filled with workbenches manned by a almost a dozen smiths and their apprentices. Racks of weapons and armor are stacked everywhere as are piles of various types of mundane metal tools and other implements. The owners of the forge are two brothers by the name of Alleck and Ares, two half-human, half-isur men of challenged height but powerful build. They both have reddish tinted arms and slight hints of silver veins on their flesh; a strong hint at their Isurian heritage. These two master-smiths, along with the rest of the smiths and apprentices in the forge, work night and day supplying all of their customers as well as a good portion of the city itself, with all the metal goods they may ever need.

Would-be customers entering the forge will most surely be attended to by an apprentice tasked to handle such things. A young boy in his teens, the apprentice is more than capable of assisting.

Goods for Sale

Due to the sheer size and capacity of the forge, one may find almost any common weapon or armor item for the prices comparable to those listed on the Price List. More exotic and rare weapons and armor items may be available but such requests will have to be discussed with one of the smiths or one of the owners. The same thing is true for tools and other metal objects. The more common ones will be priced comparable to the Price List while rarer ones will need to be inquired upon.

If the forge does not have a requested item already crafted, they can forge-to-order although the price will have be negotiated with one of the owners.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Karc on April 11th, 2011, 5:24 am

Timestamp: 11th Day of Srping 511 AV

"Alright 2 gold, 28 copper, for six loincloths, 5 fair of linen pants, 6 linen shirts, and 2 linen robes."

Karc, nodded handing over the counting out the money into the merchants palm. Nodding to the man, he checked that off his mental list, and stuffed the items into his pack.

Alright last stop....The Defiled Blade.

Karc, hurried through the streets of Ravok quickly coming towards the large stone building. He hurried inside, blinking at the site before him; scores of men, hammering at hot metal, younger apprentices rushing to and fro, one quickly approached Karc.

The didn't look to much younger then Karc, pushing aside that fact, Karc spoke to the boy. "Hello, I'm looking for some armour and weapons."

The boy gave him a dirty look "Obviously. What you looking for?"

Karc, shrugged I thought you could give me a suggestion. The boys eyes lit up obviously he loved to give his opinion. "Alright, what are you thinking of using the stuff for and how much do you got, and what have you used before?"

"I have just signed up a the CEB building for Mercenary work, and I have a little less than 130 gold. I haven't used much weapons, before I just thought I could learn to use whatever."

The boy nodded ticking, something off in his mind. "Alright, follow me" He started walking through the benches heading for a display rack, throwing back a comment "Names Rick, by the way." Karc, followed nodding at the name. "I'm Karc."

"Well first pick out, all the things you like and I'll sort through them and tell you about them after." Karc, nodded and started to make a pile of weapons, asking Rick about the things he knew nothing about.

When he was finished, the boy nodded, kneeling down he quickly sorted through Karc's pile picking out certain items. Finally settling with the Light Crossbow, Kukri, a curved Shortsword. He then picked out a weapon harness to hold the weapons, and 30 crossbow bolts. Rick then hurried away and brought some studded leather armour for Karc to look at. "Good, now how do I pay?"

"Just give it to me."

"How do I know, it wont go "missing"?"

"What?" A mock shock look on his face "I swear, on my life."

"Fine."

Karc gathered his equipment and headed for the door.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Karc
DEAD!!!!!

Words: 22641
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2011, 6:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Cyrus on June 17th, 2012, 1:28 pm

It was not often that Cyrus ever ventured through the city to find wares. Yet when he did, it was generally because he needed them severely. This had not been the case at the time, and Cyrus was there only to purchase weapons and armour whilst he still had the mizas to afford it. If he did not spend his coin on valuable items, there was that large, ever-lingering feeling that he would just blow them all on ale and prostitutes later.

As he entered the shop, The Defiled Blade, Cyrus took the time to take in all the weapons that hung from the walls around him, admiring the craftsmanship of each. He knew what he was there for, and as such was only gazing upon them for the sheer sake of it. He had no intentions to buy anything besides what he had gone there for. His leather shoes made light noises against the stone as he approached the two brothers, one of which had been slamming away at a hot piece of curved metal. He smiled as Cyrus approached him, then asked what he wanted.

Wasting little time, Cyrus got directly to the point. He was like that, never one to wait around. Patience was not one of his strong points, nor was being polite to those who were about to serve you what you seek. ” A scimitar, curved, sharp.” He nodded at a scimitar that hung from the wall, it’s hilt made of some form of cheap gold. The man pointed at it and Cyrus nodded, then stated the price. 15 Mizas did not sound too bad, and certainly was not out of his reach. Once he was finished taking the scimitar from the wall, Cyrus moved the man closer, voice reduced to a whisper.

”I ordered armour a week ago. Black leather, spidersilk.”

The man nodded, and headed towards the back of the shop to collect what Cyrus had bought. When he returned he took his wares, paid the man, and left in a hurry.

Purchased: Scimitar (15GM) + Leather, Night (60GM) = -75GM = 25 TOTAL
Cyrus
Scorpion of the Sands

Words: 37469
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:17 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on June 30th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Bojovnik walked into the stone building named The Defiled Blade. He was hoping to only stay in the city for a small time but when he scanned the area of the city he learned it was definitely going to be easier to be a face in the crowd in this kind of place. Knowing he would be needing some armor to use at some point he decided that this place would be good as anything.

"What can I do you for?"
Bojovnik heard the young boy ask him, quessing he was an apprentic to the owners of the forge.

"Im just looking right know."
He continued to study the fine looking weapons that hung along the wall. Weapons of all shapes and sizes making Bojovnik want to stay for hours and look but he knew he couldn't linger long even in a new city.
"Okay I think i know what I need"

The apprentice waited for him to continue.
"A quiver, a short-bow, 3 sets of short-bow arrows, and 1 set of studded leather."

"That's 78 gold I need."
The apprentice replied as he looked threw the the stock of good taking the weapons and armor off the shelf. Bojovnik looked at all the gear he got and took out his money to give to the boy and looking around again in case there was anything else he wanted.

"Accualy could I also get the leather belt and a handaxe?"
The handaxe's craftmanship caught his eye and he just had to have it. The apprentice got the items and asked for the money. Bojovnik gave him the gold and slung the quiver and bow over his shoulder, loaded the arrows into the quiver tierd the belt up and stuck the new handaxe in a holder on the belt. He thanked the apprentice and walked out.

Money spent: 1 quiver-20M, 1 shirtbow 30M, 3 shortbow arrows 3M, Handaxe 6M, Belt,leather 2Sm, studded leather armor 25 M.

total spent= 83 Gm 2 Sm
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 26th, 2013, 9:56 pm

55 Spring 513

It was not often Clyde visited the Defiled Blade. After all, he was a mage, one who fought with mind and djed, not a warrior. But as he had returned to Ravok, the building had almost called to him... He felt like he needed a weapon...

As a future Stryfe, he was expected to work on a weapon skill. Honestly, with his vastly superior magical fighting abilities, this had been more or less ignored. But he knew, he could not continue to ignore his more physical aspects. And should his magics ever fail him, he would need strength of arm to back him up.

Honestly, he doubted he would be any good at most of the more commonly used bladed weapons. If he was going to fight, he would need one a bit more straightforward. One that did not take as much planning to use. Neither would one of the larger weapons serve him... It just did not seem him. Besides, he already had his staff, with a bit of reach... No, something small, lightweight, which he could wield with little finesse, but still be able to do some damage.

After awhile, he settled on a hammer. A light little one, meant for one handed usage. It was a simple little weapon. Its handle sticking out of the upper portion, was wrapped in leather, to be softer on the hand. The said upper portion, was a simple steel sledge, boxy, with a flat part at each end. It seemed oddly right...

If nothing else, he liked its symmetry, which for some odd reason, seemed very important to Clyde right now. Both ends of the sledge were the same, shape, size, texture, smooth. But if you had it slammed into your face, it would seem hard enough, and possibly deadly.

Tossing it up a foot out of his hand, and catching it, he did this a few times, feeling the weight, feeling how it moved. It was light, but hard. And it looked like if he was pressed, he could even chuck it at someone. Though he would likely lose the weapon, should he do that.

Heading over to pay, Clyde purchased 4 of the normal steel headed light hammers, and 8 of the practice wooden ones, for training. It all came out to 6 gm.

Paying for his items, he headed off, to test his new stuff out.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Vayl on May 6th, 2014, 10:25 am

Imagex
39th Spring, 514 AV

Vayl squinted as he opened the door to the blacksmiths. Shyke it was hot in here.. Without hesitation he pulled his hood down, and swept his hair back over his ears, standing a little taller in confidence. He was going to have to make an impression if he wanted this thing made how he wanted it.

A small, dirty bot scurried up to him and smiled.

"How can I help you?"

The boy's face fell slightly when he looked up to Vayl's piercing violet eyes staring into his, a lock of bone white hair covering one eye. Vayl was certainly not a regular customer.

"What I require will almost certainly need your two patrons. I believe they are brothers?" he spoke coldly, perhaps in an attempt to intimidate, or perhaps just to try and lower the temperature in just the slightest measure.

The boy looked up at him and nodded slightly, before turning around, with a look over his shoulder. Vayl took this as a cue to follow the child, so he did so, weaving and leaning past a dozen or so lesser blacksmiths working away on.. Vayl peered down and raised a hand to his mouth. They looked like terrible, crude, blunt instruments. He happily teared his gaze away from such instruments and walked into a back office, which seemed to be even more excruciatingly hot than before.

Before Vayl stood a short, gruff and hardened man. Vayl's eyes darted across the man's body as he took his appearance in. There seemed to be odd lines of silver along the man. Had he put metal inside his body? Odd but irrelevant.

Vayl smoothly unsheathed his practice katana and laid it on the table in between the two of them, looking directly into the short man's eyes.

"You made this for me a couple of months ago. Single edged, folded steel. The non cutting edge made of the softest steel possible so it doesn't shatter, the cutting edge so hard it will pierce anything. Normally this method produces a slight curve in the blade." Vayl lightly scratched an outline of the shape he wanted in the wooden table top with his claw.

"The handle of the blade is simply the same piece of metal you made the rest of it from, with some rope wound around tightly. If you provide some suitable material I'd rather do that myself. Here are the details."

With a flourish he produced a piece of parchment he had written up earlier, detailing every minute fact he could remember from his book including what types of steel to use, what temperatures, the time frame needed and how to make the scabbard

The man looked down at the paper, back up at Vayl, and then smiled gruffly, pulling the piece of paper over the counter and nodding.

Vayl smiled triumphantly. "Here is 50 Mizas in advance. You'll get another 150 when you complete it."

---------

47th Spring, 514 AV

Vayl sat perched on the rooftop of his house as he slowly finished winding the roped around the handle, completing it with a small knot. He smiled a smile of pure ecstasy, and drew the blade slowly. It rang like a gentle bell in the rain, Vayl's eyebrows rising in appreciation of it. This would make life easier for both him and Redd

-200GM: Paid for by Redd
x
But one day
you will stand before death's decrepit gate,
without really knowing why
"Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldiers' dreams"
Vayl
Forever Dolce's

Words: 58133
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Marcus Drago on February 2nd, 2015, 6:35 am

1 Winter, 514 AV

Marcus walked up to the defiled blade and opened its entrance slowly. He wanted to make sure that he was in the right place, for he had never been around an area like this before and was sure that he had gotten lost. However, when he heard the clanging of metal, felt the warming of the air, and smelled the overbearing stench of raw metal in every corner, he knew he was in the right place.

He strolled up to the nearest blacksmith, who was a man with a strong build and an interesting vein color. Marcus smiled at the man, who smiled back, both giving respectable nods at the same time.

"I need a blade," Marcus said, quickly pulling out his coin purse. "Preferably, something that does not limit swift movement."

The blacksmith looked at the purse, then back at Marcus as though he was being sized. "How much ya got?"

"Twenty one GM." Marcus said.The blacksmith continued to stare at Marcus, then got up suddenly to pick something from the shelves. When he returned, the man gave to Marcus a fully sheathed Scimitar. Its grip was light, its blade formed into a perfect curve. Marcus unsheathed it, then practiced swinging with it. He imagined himself facing against ten enemies with this, each one being taken down one at a time.

From the way the blacksmith looked at him, Marcus could tell that he was making a full of himself.

"I'll take it!" He said, placing the blade on the counter. "Fifteen GM right?" The blacksmith shook his head and adding an extra, "with the scabbard its nineteen." Marcus gave him the money. "Pleasure doing business with ya," the blacksmith finally said as Marcus left the store with his new blade.

Scimitar and Sheath :
Marcus Drago
Player

Words: 58360
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Race: Human