Completed Killing The Craves

[The Fish Market](Kendhl) Ricky and Telion go out to get things for supper, and meet another in the process.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Killing The Craves

Postby Ricky Maze on July 26th, 2013, 4:32 am

Killing The Craves
Summer 20th 513 AV; 10th Bell

The city was already bustling with the usual crowd that gave it life during the day, the summer heat flared on the city as the humidity continued to increase slowly and steadily each week. For Ricky it was important that he keep a close eye on his lover Telion, who carried with Fenvur with her attentively as he watched the people pass by. Ricky had worn his cotton vest today to keep cooler since he had a tendacy to naturally be warm constantly, and Telion already did what she could to prevent heat stroke being pregnant as she is. She wore a lightly blue colored shirt which allowed her to breath in this ridiculously warm weather, and a teal colored skirt to match with the shirt as it complimented her waistline. The two walked close to one another with Ricky's right arm over her shoulder, he would give her a glance more on occasion of course as they walked with smiles on their faces.

To everyone they passed they certainly looked to be a couple, there was no mistaking that the feelings of love were indeed present between the two. Though they did their best not to advertise it of course, their love for one another was obvious to any that would see them. They had arrived in the fish market now, ready to browse the stall's stock for tonights dinner Telion would see about getting prepared. What was for dinner? The one thing Telion just couldn't stop craving for the most, and the one thing Ricky couldn't stop eating when supper time finally came. Clam chowder. Due to the nature of their pregnancy, Telion had serious cravings for clam chowder that just never went away. What was strange enough was while she began to eat food that was for too, which was expected, Ricky on the other hand had seriously been eating twice as.much. Compared to his usual amount of food he would eat quite a bit, now even that seems hardly filling to his appetite when it came to eating.

"Believe or not I'm still hungry after that breakfast we ate." He quirked with a hearty chuckle.

"You ate two whole plates of fish plus the half of my second I couldn't finish!" She laughed with a gentle smile to him.

"I know, and I'm still petchin' hungry." The both of them laughed just a bit, as they made a stop at the stall with clams. It certainly wasn't clam chowder without clams.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Killing The Craves

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 26th, 2013, 10:14 pm

Where the land was loud and lively, the ocean was a stark contrast. It was a beautiful shade of blue, and rather calm as well. Underneath the waves it was near-silent. Kendhl floated gently, moving with the current. Her eyes were trained on a single fish, a big one too. It swam closer, and the otter's muscles tensed up.

That's it, just a little bit closer...

Her claws flashed out and snagged the fish's fins, dragging it near enough for her jaws to clamp down on it. She wrestled with the wriggling, scaly beast until it stopped moving. Propelled by her tail, the Kelvic not only surfaced but managed to shoot into the air and land on the dock with a thump. One eye twitching, she got up and groaned. She'd have a bruise there, no doubt about that.

Kendhl waddled over to where her clothes were neatly folded, slipped her paws into the proper places and spared the fishermen embarassment. She shifted into her clothing, then rolled her shoulders and wiggled her fingers. Her hand closed around the fish, picking it up by the tail and walking barefoot to the Fish Market. Mayhaps she'd be able to make a couple mizas off of it. Gold, silver or copper-rimmed she didn't care. She could use the money.

There was a couple there, the woman's pregnancy obvious to the otter Kelvic. They were examining the clam stall, and she giggled. Sidling up to the pair, she greeted them with a bright smile.

"Hello there! How are you two on this fine day, hm?"

It might weird them out a bit to have a most-likely complete stranger talking to them, but to Kendhl it was totally normal.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Words: 52800
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 11:51 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Killing The Craves

Postby Ricky Maze on July 27th, 2013, 12:21 am

"Grab that one there." Telion nodded for a large clam as she rubbed Fenvur's crown with a smile, Ricky reached for it and held it up for the both of them to examine as Telion thought on her next decision. "That ones a bit huge." She remarked with a chuckle that caused Ricky to laugh a bit as well.

"Think we can handle it?" He asked a bit sarcastically, a smirk down on his face as he looked to her response.

"Think you can handle it? You're the one who'll be opening the shell macho man."

"Shouldn't be too hard." He remarked on her comment, and she gave a snarky look in return. "What?"

"Uhuh, if you say so." The two laughed as he placed the clam back in with the rest.

"Let's just eat clam chowder at the Grotto, the woman at the bar know's you're havin' a baby so she pro'lly won't mind." He suggested with a hearty grin.

"We kinda have to, since we don't actually have a kitchen to cook in." She pointed out with a look to Fenvur, her gentle fingers played with his ears as the kitten looked at all the sea food galore.

"I know, but we will soon. I promise." He brought her in close and kissed her on the forehead, a genuine smile down to her as she returned it with her own. It was then another woman decided to greet them today, one with a warm smile and cheery approach. The couple gave a bright smile as they returned the woman's greeting. "Hi there."

"Hello. We're dealin' with the heat but doin' pretty good." Ricky finished with a hearty chuckle as his eyes quickly examined this woman. Just barely shorter then Telion she had short dark hair with a tinge of red at the tips, soft eyes that were pale like her fair skin were present as his observation perceived. Ricky however avoided direct eye contact with the lady when they conversed. "How are ya today?" He returned in courtesy as he felt Telion draw a bit close to him, though she hid very well behind a smile she was evidently nervous as Ricky noticed. Since Ricky wore his vest today the scar on his left shoulder was plainly obvious to the eye that caught it, a midsize cut across his skin from several years back. Fenvur immediately took notice of the fish the woman had in her hand, big eyes longing for the food that she carried. "Meow."

"Somebody's hungry." Ricky chuckled as Tel cooed at Fenvur, a head scratch for the purring fuzz ball that still eyed the fish.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Killing The Craves

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 27th, 2013, 1:15 am

Kendhl's eyes nearly teared up, they were so cute together. The man's eyes darted over her, an examining look in his eyes. They were discussing something about clams and chowder? And the Grotto? If she knew anything about pregnant women, they had intense cravings for certain foods...

"Oh, I'm good. Are you having a child?"

A scar crossed the man's shoulder, not too large but definitely noticeable and made even more so by the face that he wore a vest that revealed his shoulders. The kitten mewed adorably, and Kendhl lifted the fish to its nose.

"Does the wittle kitty want a bite of the big ol' fish? Yes he does, of course he does! How cute! Where'd you get him? What's his name? What're yours?"

Her pale eyes were wide, excited and curious. Gently she scratched under the chin of the kitten, overtaken by the cuteness.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Killing The Craves

Postby Ricky Maze on July 27th, 2013, 1:53 am

Fenvur took advantage of the fact the fish was dangled in front of him, when the girl interacted with the kitten both Ricky and Telion had to admit it was adorable to watch. The kitten had extended both paws out as far as he could to swipe at the fish, eyes big as though it were a huge edible toy to play with. "His name is Fenvur, and he was rescued from the backstreets of Zeltiva." She glanced up to Ricky with a small grin, as he chuckled when he watched the girl scratch Fenvur's chin.

"This here is Telion who is my fiancè, and I'm Ricky Maze but just Ricky to everyone." He quirked with a friendly smile as he introduced the both of them, Telion gave a bit of a bow in courtesy to the girl once she had been introduced. "To answer yer question, we're in fact expectin' a child as we speak." He smiled as he gave a snug hug to Tel with his right arm.

"It took him a bit but he came around shortly after he learned the news." She admitted with a bit of a giggle tto follow, another chuckle came from Ricky as he added his part of the conversation.

"Well it was... a bit sudden when I learned 'bout it. It's not so easy takin' in that kind o' news when it's just thrown out there like it was." He explained with a hearty smile, an affectionate rub along her right shoulder as they looked back to the girl. "Anyway's ye know who we are, now tell us who ye are." He quirked with a humble attitude, Fenvur just watched the fish as he still wanted it.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Killing The Craves

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 27th, 2013, 3:04 am

"Fenvur? He's so cute! Poor little thing."

As he explained who they were, and she was excited for them that they were having a child. They were fiancès, hm? Interesting. The Kelvic stored that information away. The girl, Telion, bowed a little bit. A twinge of jealousy in her heart was quickly shoved down with a genuine smile. They were nice people.

"My name's Kendhl Pilkvist, and that's Kendhl with an 'H', not an 'A'. You can call me Kennie if y'feel like it! Can I give this little guy the fish, or will it be too much for 'im?"

She adapted her accent a tad, to familiarize herself with them. Gently Kendhl tapped the kitten's nose, giggling.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Killing The Craves

Postby Ricky Maze on July 27th, 2013, 8:45 pm

"Thank you." Telion chuckled a bit as the girl complimented Fenvur, Ricky had to admit her cheery attitude infectiously rubbed off on them now. Telion was still a bit shy but her smile was more a natural one rather then a mask, she began to feel a bit more comfortable with this woman and for Ricky that was enough to make his smile all the more genuine. "There's somethin' a little off 'bout her, but she seems very friendly anyway." He had no possible way of knowing she was a Kelvic of course, generally some part of their animalistic traits somehow carried over. Usually when one paid close attention they could learn when another was a Kelvic by behavior, at least that's how Ricky's been able to find out when someone was a Kelvic. This girl however showed no immediate signs, she looked almost ordinary compared to any other human. The only off thing he did take mental note of was the fact she was bare foot, and there could be several reasons other then the Kelvic factor as to why she had no shoes.

"It's a pleasure to meet ya Kendhl, I'm sure we'll remember the h sure enough." He bemused with a hearty chuckle, as he brought Telion to his front. He had his arms wrapped around her armorously while they would continue their conversation.

"Meow!" Fenvur declared when she asked if it were okay to feed him the fish, Telion looked down at her baby kitten and spoke in a higher playful voice. "You want the fish?! Do you want the fish?!" Ricky's smile cracked as silent chuckles followed while he looked down to Fenvur. "Meow!"

"He says I want the fishy!" She looked back to Kendhl with a giggle, a nod of approval followed with a gentle smile. Fenvur held his paws out with eyes locked on the fish. Ricky only watched them interact with a pleased smile on his face, deep eyes revealed the sense of completion and belonging to Kendhl if she were to observe closely. Yet even though he was at his most relaxed and open state, he still avoided the chances of personal eye contact with Kendhl. Though he would look at her in the general area of the face for courtesy, he still hadn't the ability to look a stranger in the eyes so easily. "So tell us about yourself Kendhl, what do you do here in Zeltiva?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Killing The Craves

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 28th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Kendhl mentally squealed at the hug Ricky gave Telion. They were too cute. Telion was being adorable to Fenvur, too.

"You want the fish!? Do you want the fish!? He says I want the fishy!"

Kendhl recieved the approval with a nod and a smile, the kitten's eyes locked on the fish. She placed it into Fenvur's paws, holding it there so he could attack it adorably. The Kelvic looked up at Telion, flashing her longer canines in a smile of her own.

"Oh, I'm working on getting a job as a fisherman, or fisherwoman. Whichever you prefer to say."

She didn't look the fisherman to an average person. Pale skin, not much muscle to her name. But she was an otter at heart, and fast in the water. She could take down squid and octopi on a good day.

"I live on the coast, but it's hard to find. Especially at high tide. How far along is the child, Miss Telion?"
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Killing The Craves

Postby Ricky Maze on July 28th, 2013, 9:35 pm

As Fenvur pawed at the fish playfully he began to nibble at it already, his mouth full of the fish as he tried to nip off a bite to chew. Telion cooed once again at her baby kitten and Ricky couldn't stop a gentle smile as he watched. He did take notice of Kendhl'a canines when she smiled, they were rather longer then what Ricky usually see. He hardly paid attention to peoples teeth when they smiled, given the fact he was trying to figure this woman out he couldn't help but try and seek out every detail. "Fisherwoman, a fine trade to live with. I used to be a fisherman me self several years back, now I spend my time bein' part of the Wave Guard here in Zeltiva." He shared with Kendhl, intrigued that they share an interest fishing. Kendhl then mentioned living along the coast within the outskirts of the city, thus Ricky and Telion both thought it curious and relaxing to just be tucked away from the bustle of the city.

"I passed three months several days back." She grinned brightly when she said this, both Tel and Ricky had a hand over her lower abdomen with fingers entwined. They would slightly sway left and right a little in a loving manner as the conversation unfolded. "What's your home like? Do you have family there?" She inquired subtly as to not pry into Kendhl's private life, Ricky just kept silent as he would glance between Telion and Kendhl. "Monnomnom." Fenvur stilled chewed at the fish as he ate away like a happy kitty.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Killing The Craves

Postby Kendhl Pilkvist on July 28th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Kendhl tensed up ever-so-slightly at the mention of his being a Wave Guard. "Wave Guard, hm? Interesting. Congratulations on three months, Miss Telion."

She was wary of the Wave Guard, though she wasn't sure why. Maybe because they had something to do with her past? She couldn't remember. At the inquiry to her home life, she smiled and said, "Nah, it's just me. I don't know where my mum is, and my dad is Svefra. I don't remember him much. My home is beautiful, in my eyes, especially when it's high tide. It gets half-submerged and you can see all the fish swimming around in the water and even some of the little shellfish pulling themselves up through the sand. It's a tad hard to carry things through the tunnel and into the cave, like torches, but I make do. I only light the torches at night, since there's a slice out of the ceiling that lets in some sun. I'd carry things in from there, but it splashes down into a deep bit of water that never drains. It's really quite nice there, listening to the echoes."

She scratched the side of Fenvur's head, giggling.
Kendhl Pilkvist
The Lonely Ghost

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next