Completed [The Rearing Stallion] First Day... Wanna Drink?

First day on the job.. what could happen?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Rearing Stallion] First Day... Wanna Drink?

Postby Tsukiko on July 28th, 2013, 10:11 am

1st of Summer, 513 AV

Wandering down the street, Tsukiko gazed over the people going about their business; some chatting among themselves while others hurried by with errands to run, their faces displaying their determination. Since it was nearing late morning, the streets were slightly busier than she might have liked, but neither did truly mind it. She had grown somewhat used to the city, as much as someone who had spent most of her life at sea could, and took each day as it came. However, she had soon realized that she needed start having a steady income, for she had fallen into a bit of debt, with all the maintenance that her catamaran required. She had managed for the most part, scraping together what she could, but had come to the decision: she would find work. So here she was, making her way to her new found job that she had been given at the Employment Office. She was still unsure of whether or not she was suitable for the job, all things considered. What would she do once night fell? Would she be able to hide her horns? These thoughts ran through her mind as she reached her destination; the Rearing Stallion.
Pausing by the door, she took a deep breath before pushing it open, entering the place that she would hopefully working in for the next season. In truth, this would be her first 'true' job, which to say the least was something that had her slightly anxious, perhaps more than she was willing to admit.

Entering the tavern, she blinked a few times to accustom her eyes to the dimness, giving herself a few moments to asses her surroundings. The majority of the room was scattered with simple wooden tables, along with chairs, and as far as she could see, had relatively few customers. It looked to be a decent place, her nerves easing a bit, she smiled slightly before making her way over to the bar. Walking up, she leaned against the counter, catching the eye of the man behind it, and lifted a piece of paper she had been holding in her right hand. "I was sent here by the employment office. My name is Tsukiko. A pleasure to meet you," she added, hoping that her nervousness didn't reach her voice. First impressions were important, at least in most cases, and she hoped that she gave off a good one. The man she spoke to, by what she could tell, was the owner they had mentioned at the office, Kevith Aargon, for he only had one arm and seemed the sort of man who had seen many things, though she could not quite understand why she thought that. Confirming her assumption, he took the paper, sparing a glance over it, and seemed to size her up before gesturing for her to follow him. Walking into the kitchen, she was met with the wonderful smells of warm food, as well as the bustling woman who paused for just enough time to asses the new employee, and hand her an apron before moving away to continue her preparations for the daily meals. Tsukiko assumed this to be Kevith's wife and the cook of the tavern. She then followed him back out into the public area of the tavern, where he motioned her to observe the other two barmaids as they worked.

Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko
Sings both night & noon, dreaming of the moon

Words: 123880
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2013, 1:15 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Carvezia on August 9th, 2013, 3:15 pm

The first day of summer was very hot this year, and the sun was shining bright over Carvezia as she made her way through the large crowds in the city of Syliras. Seeing as she is half Benshira; the heat did not affect her too much but the smell of body odor and sweat made it hard for her to even breath. Carvezia was never a big fan of large crowds of people and can become very nervous when she is in them so you could only imagine how she feels now.

Carvezia knew she had to get out of the streets before she would vomit from the smells of the people and took a moment to observe her surroundings. Luckily she was very close to The Rearing Stallion: her usual place for drink and relaxation. Carvezia desperately made her way through the crowds as she squeezed and shoved her way through to the door of the tavern, which now seemed like her safe haven.

Carvezia didn't hesitate to loudly barge the door open to escape the streets but in return the noise caused a few heads to turn. Carvezia wanted anything but people to notice her doing something uncivilized and pretended to wipe sweat off her face to hide her self as she sat at a table in the back of the tavern. The Rearing Stallion only had a hand full of patrons which was a releif for the anti-social Carvezia. She sat and closed her eyes, as she took a deep breath of the cool air.
Carvezia
Player

Words: 12897
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Tsukiko on August 14th, 2013, 3:48 am

She jumped at the sound of the door banging open, and glanced in the direction of the person who had caused it. There stood a dark skinned woman, perhaps shorter than her by a few inches, with long black hair. Tsukiko watched as the woman attempted to cover her slight blunder. "Go on," came a voice behind her, and turned to see that it was one of the other barmaids, Carmen, as she recalled. Nodding, Tsukiko took a tray and headed over to the back of the tavern. As she approached, she slowed her pace and hesitated. She did not usually approach people, especially those that lived on land, and so she was unsure of how to go about it. Glancing behind her, she saw one of the others smiling encouragingly.

Turning back to the customer, she cleared her throat and asked, "E-excuse me... is there anything you would like to eat or drink?" and internally kicked herself for sounding so meek, even if she couldn't help it. It was her first day on the job, in an occupation that she hadn't imagined herself in previously, but then again, she had not imagined herself anywhere other than the sea. As she waited for the woman's reply, Tsukiko smiled shyly, embarrassment colouring her cheeks slightly at her nervousness. Since she was a couple feet away, she saw that the woman was astonishingly beautiful, which was not something you saw everyday, though exotic wasn't exactly new to her.

Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 14th, 2013, 6:51 am

Jantys staggered slightly, placing his hand against the smooth outer walls of the tavern. He bent forward, placing both hands on his knees and breathing heavily, hoping he didn't throw up. Gods be petching damned, I'm about to throw up and I haven't even had anything to drink yet! It wasn't drink or sickness that had caused the squire's internal upset; it had been pure physical exhaustion. Poor Jantys' body had simply not been up for a hard day of squire training, and now it was rebelling in one of the few ways it could.

Please don't please don't please don't After a moment, the feeling began to lighten, and he slowly stands up straight, with no small amount of groaning. He could almost feel his bones crackling. Ye gods, I need a drink. He casts desperate eyes on the tavern before him, and notices what looked like a pretty young foreigner entering the Rearing Stallion. That didn't particularly interest him, but he straightens fully and enters after her, unsteady.

The familiar lighting of the tavern soothed his mind, if not his body, and he prepares to head straight for the bar for his much-needed drink. He pats his pocket reflexively to gauge how much cash he had on him (always good to have an estimate, but not the actual figure, when you go drinking) and freezes up. Nothing. He pats again, then proceeds to search every pocket (intentionally made for the clothing or not) for a coin, any coin. Not a single one was present anywhere on his person.

He groans to himself and places a hand gently to his still-spinning head. He forgot. He was completely broke. That's why he had joined the Squirehood in the first place, wasn't it? Free food and board?

His stomach gives a nervous kick, and Jantys takes a look around, desperate. If he can't buy himself a drink, he would have to get someone else to do it for him.

He then notices the traveler lady, being talked to by a girl he didn't know in an apron. And he was quite sure he knew every employee here... A new girl and a traveler. Petching perfect.

He unsteadily walks towards the two, plopping himself into the seat opposite the traveler girl and speaking up before she had a chance to respond to the novice barmaid. "Hope you don't mind if I take a seat as well." He squints up at the barmaid. She was a pretty one, but that was secondary; she was also in possession or would be in possession of ale. That, that was primary. "What's your name, lass?"
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Words: 34358
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 12:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Carvezia on August 14th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Carvezia opened her eyes only to see a young unfamilier woman who looked to be a svefra walking towards her. She seemed rather nervous and hesitant, she took small steps as worry sat in her eyes. She wore an apron and carried a tray as if she were a barmaid but Carvezia was at The Rearing Stallion everyday and has never seen her before. "She must be new" the half-benshirian thought as she sat up and prepared to order.

The woman came closer into the dim light over her table, Carvezia could see how attractive she was and smiled. The girl wasn't hungry or thirsty but it was obvious that the barmaid had never done this before and she didn't want to discourage her."Well my throat is a little dry, maybe I could have an ale" she thought just as the new svefra barmaid asked what she would like to drink.

Carvezia quietly replied "just an al.." was as far as she got before being interupted by a rude young man. she had no intentions to let him do this, If it were to ask for anything but an ale Carvezia would have left it alone but that was not the case."Just an ale would be fine" she says over the man without hesitation. The girl slouched in her chair, resting her hands on the table before the man sat down right in front of her. Carvezia shot him an unwelcoming look with extreme dislike.
Carvezia
Player

Words: 12897
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Tsukiko on August 18th, 2013, 6:25 am

Tsukiko was encouraged by the woman's smile, a small one of her own appearing in response. It was nice to have someone who seemed to understand how she felt, and who was kind enough to help her on her first day, and she truely appreciated it. "A mug? Alrigh-" she managed before she and the woman were cut off by the sudden approach of a man who looked to be somewhat exhausted. From what she could tell, the man appeared to be a squire, though it was difficult to tell, considering his apparent age. He looked too old to be a squire, but by the way he was dressed, and from how he seemed to had the look of one who had been put through a hai of training, Tsukiko couldn't help but be reminded of the many boys and young men that ran around the city.

She glanced at the woman to see her reaction to the man's rude actions, and found herself agreeing with the woman's dislike. Internally, she groaned in slight annoyance as she shifted her eyes back to the man she answered, "My name is Tsukiko... I just started to day," she added with a slightly strained smile. Turning her attention pointedly back to her first customer, she asked, "So, that was just a mug right? Nothing else with that?" All she wanted to do was complete this one task, her first order of the day, in peace.

However, she did not believe this would be the case, especially because of the presence of this man who seemed to be a bit on edge; the cause of this unknown to her, but it put her on slight alert as she watched the two before her. With a mental sigh, she turned her attention to the man, "Anything for you?" she asked, unable to keep a thread of annoyance from peeking out of her eyes.

"I believe that this lady here does mind... perhaps I could find you another? It is not so busy at this time of day, so there are plenty of empty ones... Perhaps that one over there? It seems far more comfortable," she said pointing to table five tables away from the woman, one of the chairs close enough to lean comfortably against the wall. She had noticed the woman's open dislike and unwelcoming expression, which was directed towards the squire. She tried to keep her tone as respectful as possible, not wishing to offend the man.

Last edited by Tsukiko on September 14th, 2013, 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on August 18th, 2013, 6:45 am

Jantys drummed his fingers on the table, irritated. There was little chance he was going to get a mug from these two. Flightly petching wenches an'... Okay, now he was just making up excuses. He glances at both of them shrewdly. If it was one thing he learned from his life of unemployment, it was how to annoy people into getting you what you wanted.

Jantys shrugs inwardly. If you can't charm them, make them hate you.

He stretches slightly in his plate mail, scratching his chin (not very well shaved; perfect). "Well..." He drums his fingers on the table again. Once. Twice. Thrice. Then thrice more. "Dunno about tha'..." He makes a big show of relaxing in his seat. "I'm tired, y'see. Jus' tryin' t' take a load off, yea know? Had a hard day." He says calmly, wearily, and very, very slowly.

"Don't feel like movin'," he states, scrunching around in his seat to make it clear. "But if yea could fin' it in yer heart t' buy a drink fer an' ol' man down on 'is luck an' tired fr'm a hard day's honest work..." His eyes flash along with his pleasant smile. "Ah coul' see what ah coul' do. Set it on any table, anywhere, lass, an' I'll move wher'ver ya like."
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Character sheet

Postby Tsukiko on September 14th, 2013, 8:00 pm

oocWell, I tried PMing Carvezia, but it seems that she hasn't been on for a while... Anywho, sorry for the wait!

That the man was down on his luck made her sympathize with him, considering that she had been low in her own luck until she had found work at the Stallion. However, though Tsukiko may have wished she could help him out, she was not exactly in a financial position to do so, nor she did appreciate how the man went about asking his favors. He seemed to have changed tactics, and she wasn't sure how the other woman would react.

"I'm sorry sir, but I cannot help you," she began, glancing at the other customer before returning her eyes to the man, returning his pleasant smile with one of her own.
'Why? Why must this sort of situation come up on the first day?' she complained silently, 'why today?' "I'll be right back," she continued, her attention on the woman, an apology apparent in her eyes before turning and taking her leave. She hoped they would be able to work something out before she returned with the ale.
Approaching the bar, she told the bartender her order, passing a worried look over to the table.

Credits to Shausha
Tsukiko

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jantys Vane on September 15th, 2013, 12:33 pm

As the girl wandered off, Jantys stood with a heavy sigh. He gave his tablemate a slight wave, hardly caring her opinion, and stretches quietly, making more than a few cracking sounds. Not as bad as he had been outside, though. His stomach had also stopped bothering him after a moment. He guessed that would just have to be it for the evening, no matter how much he wanted a drink.

I suppose it would be a bad idea to show up with a hangover on your second day of training, he reflected with no small amount of bitterness. The barmaid's sense of economy had been more powerful than her wish to not make a scene, which he supposed (maybe) he could respect. After all, he would be just as cautious with his coin. You know, if he had any.

When the new barmaid gave their table a worried look, she'd find it occupied by only one person. If she bothered to look around, Jantys could be found threading his way around tables to leave the tavern. It had been a long day, and he could use some sleep.
Jantys Vane
Disgruntled Squire

Character sheet

Postby Radiant on June 3rd, 2014, 2:06 pm

Tsukiko :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Leadership +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Kevith Aargon: Ownder of the Stallion
Carvezia: Patron
Jantys: Patron

Loots

Notes :
I gave what I could.

Enjoy your grades!

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)