Open In the arms of violence

Gauge starts trouble in the tavern

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

In the arms of violence

Postby Garin Campbell on August 21st, 2013, 1:20 pm

"Touch her again, and I'll kill you."

Garin grins knowingly and willingly releases Jade's hair. He shows no intention of attacking, especially after the man points out the unconcious girl.

However, the next time he ran into Jade, he wouldn't let her get so lucky.

In other circumstances, he would have slit the man's throat for the insults; but he liked this man. He reminded Garin of himself.

He moves over to the girl. "Have fun." He cackles at them, then grins at Jade mockingly. He then starts moving the girl upstairs, humming a tune the whole way.

((As a warning, so we don't have a repeat of when Rorick left, Garin most likely won't be coming down by the end of this thread.))
Garin Campbell
Backstabber

Words: 7991
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2013, 8:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

In the arms of violence

Postby Rorick Set'ani on August 23rd, 2013, 12:06 am

Being partially unconscious with several cuts, bruises, and a dislocated jaw was an interesting phenomenon. While your brain was attempting to shut down, rest and recuperate, waves and waves of pain shuddered through your body, reminding you that you were alive and in danger. Needless to say, it was not a pleasant experience.

"She's mine!" The voice crashed through his head, its echoes of rage kindling a little more of Rorick's cognitive process. Flashes of what occurred blinked into his mind, his unconscious trying to decipher why he was on the floor, teetering on the edge of an unfortunate end to his young life.

Violence, there was definitely violence, and blood, most of it Rorick's. A tattooed man, cruel eyes and a rough demeanor. Another man, Garin, who fought like a viper, and had the snake's grin as well.

"I was fighting, losing. And I got hit, hard." But that wasn't it, not all of it. There was something else, a voice, like a ghost in his head, calling, pleading.

"Amora..." He whispered, inaudible muttering due to his lax jaw. Eyes shot open, wide with fear, Rorick set to assess the situation. Garin was gone, upstairs with an unconscious figure, poor thing. The loud man, with his vile tattoo, motioned threateningly at Amora, her lithe frame shaking visibly. Rorick shifted his feet, ever-so-slightly, and met a solid object.

"My sword," he hoped. Looking up, Rorick saw his adversary's attention was still on Amora, a threatening figure angled at his long-time friend. He would have to move fast, a feat nigh impossible for him, still recovering from his near unconscious state. It would be simpler, smarter, to lie still, to wait it out and move later, nurse his wounds and live to fight another day. Luckily, Rorick had a tendency to ignore the smart choice, always in favor of the right choice.

In a flash, Rorick was standing with sword in hand, his feet having trouble finding steady ground. His gave sweeping the tavern in a wild frenzy, Rorick searched for an advantage, a chance to win. He found it.

Alcohol has many uses, ranging from sterilization of wounds to inebriation. Another intriguing aspect of the glorious liquid was its propensity to flare up when presented the suitable catalyst. Like fire.

Or a bar candle.

Time seemed to drag in Rorick's mad dash for the candle and drink, the tattooed man finally noticing the doctor's sudden reappearance. Whole seconds ticked by, seeming like hours in their length. And then, it happened. The drink spilled, the candle fell, and a column of fire began to rise, slowly, but enough to merit attention.

And then he ran, leaving the tattooed man to deal with the emerging flame.

"Amora! Come on!" Rorick shouted, his words lost in his slurred speech but their meaning clear. Grabbing his friend, perhaps a bit to roughly, Rorick rushed out of the increasingly burning building. And he kept running, and running, and running until his lungs burned and exhaustion made his limbs weary.

Finding a dark corner, for they were in abundance in Sunberth, Rorick sat down on the rough ground, catching his breath. Grimacing for what was about to come, Rorick set his hands on his jaw, steeling himself once again.

His jaw came back into place with an unsettling pop, and the scream that followed was neither masculine nor dignified.

With a cough, Rorick let his tired limbs drop to the ground. His smile, though ragged and painful, was wide with relief.

"Ghost, we've got to stop meeting like this."

OOCI just wanted to say to everyone that participated in this thread, I'm extremely sorry for disappearing unannounced like I had. With school starting up again, I found myself with less and less time to check up on the threads I was in :( And in case anyone was wondering, Ghost is Rorick's personal nickname for Amora.
Rorick Set'ani
Noble Doctor

Words: 15523
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2013, 5:42 pm
Character sheet

In the arms of violence

Postby Amora Jade on August 30th, 2013, 5:34 pm

It was surprising that the other man was sent away so easily, and turned out to be a huge advantage. Now Amora had only to deal with the one who claimed her as his own. Luckily, he wasn't too violent towards her, she didn't feel as if he was actually going to hurt her. She began to quickly think of how to was going to weave herself out of this situation.

Everything happened really quickly before she had any opportunity to react. Suddenly her hurt friend was up and a fire broke free in the tavern. She had been jerked from her position aggressively and found herself running out of the establishment behind Rorick.

Wait...

Before she knew it they were hidden in the shadows behind a large building. The disgustingly loud pop of his jaw being set back in place made her cringe and snapped her out of the confusion. Suddenly she became very nervous and was looking around the corner to see if they were followed. She knew the man wouldn't like that very much.

"Ghost, we've got to stop meeting like this."

The look of fear was stuck on her face when she looked back at him, "Well, at least it isn't me this time." Amora crouched down over Rorick and moved the cloth of his pants from the dagger wound. It looked pretty bad, she knew it had to be killing him.

"What do you need me to get for you?" She calmed her voice and her mind enough to clearly think about the situation. She had to know what she would do to protect them if they were found.

OOCSorry for the delay guys, a lot going on here :(
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

In the arms of violence

Postby Cayden Mortem on September 16th, 2013, 11:40 pm

((figured id try to join in. if you guys dont want me in the rp just let me know and i'll walk away, or something.))

Cayden stood outside the bar listening to the commotion in side as two people, a man and a young woman rush out the door. He could tell that the man was in no shape to fight and he knew that if the people that they had been fighting inside found them it may not end well for the two. Cayden decides to follow them to see if he could be of any assistance. He follows close enough behind so as not to lose them but not enough to be noticed.

The two run along for quite some time with Cayden following them until it looks like the man collapses in exhaustion. Cayden stands a ways away in the shadows so as not to be seen observing the pair. Then he stalks up behind the girl who appeared to be tending the man's wounds, "What can i do for you?" He heard the girl say.

"I'm not a doctor by any means, but maybe I can be of some help?" Cayden says as he walks up on the two. He keeps his hands slightly outwards to show that he wasn't armed, well that they could see anyways. considering he had bladed boots on. "If you are wondering who I am which i am sure you are, my name is Cayden."
if you want to rp, just send a message.

this is a link to my character sheet: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic40271.html
Cayden Mortem
Player

Words: 5106
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2013, 10:15 pm
Character sheet

In the arms of violence

Postby Una Tanta on March 3rd, 2014, 4:07 am

Amora :
Experience
Persuasion +1
Subterfuge +1
Stealth +1

Other:
-2sm Poor Meal

Everyone :
Hey Guys :) All of your CS's need to be updated to receive your grades and your link isn't to your CS Garin so I couldn't come up with a grade for you at all without knowing your XP and etc. When you have fixed your CS feel free to PM me and I will give you your grade.

Please don't be afraid to PM me with any questions ^-^ and please don't forget to edit your grading request to "graded".
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous