Completed [Anthonius Pit] Show Me What You're Made of (Ethan)

Kaie meets a new opponent during a round of training.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Pit] Show Me What You're Made of (Ethan)

Postby Kaie on August 26th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Although it wasn't quite what she had hoped for, her hit landed nonetheless. Considering she had the stronger force than him, the pain her own bones absorbed was far less. She had gotten him in the shin and heard him curse impulsively from the discomfort. That in itself was enough to make her smile just a bit. Her body wasn't quite free yet, though. She hadn't quite gotten to that part in time. Ethan was hurling her away from him before she had a chance to squirm away. All she could do as he moved to hurl her was try another short jab from her hip to his tendered torso.

Quickly she landed on her back, arms coming back to let her hands slap the ground to absorb impact. Then she was back on the move. Rolling back, legs came up and over her shoulder in a backward roll. The Myrian woman was back on her feet. She wasn't about to give Ethan the rest he craved. Not yet.

Charging it quickly on light feet, Kaie approached him. First she feigned left, and then right before planting a foot on the dirt. Her right leg swung for the injured shin immediately, aiming for the muscle that flanked it. She didn't waste time wondering if she'd get him or not. As soon as that foot had returned she was coming in from the other side. An open handed heel strike aimed for his throat.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on August 27th, 2013, 8:06 pm

Ethan felt the toss strain his back slightly as he felt Kaie’s body began to fall over. However he wasn’t ready for the off handed punch that hit him square in the ribs. The pain of jarring bone caused Ethan to pull his hands in tight, and as he breathed the relief that he hadn’t broken a rib was in his mind. As Kaie hit the ground Ethan began to back up, his limping leg, pain coming from the shin spike throughout the leg, kept him from getting too much distance. Ethan felt a bit of victory as he was able to separate the distance between the two of them by several steps. Granted it was not victory in this fight that Ethan felt so great about. No, he was losing in spectacular fashion as to truly show him how little he knew. Yet, pain was the ultimate teacher.

As Kaie juke left Ethan swaded his upper body to the left, backing to the right. As then moved to the right Ethan bunched up trying to move his legs, when he felt the kick to his shin. Pain erupted in his leg and he slightly hopped as Kaie can in closer. Ethan pulled back his right arm exposing his side, worried that an uppercut was coming as he was trying to complete his own. Kaie’s arm began to shoot out towards his lower face. Ethan did his best to scrunch up trying to duck the blow while rising his hand to defect it. Ethan’s right good leg dug into the ground, and his right arm started forward hoping that his blow would hit Kaie’s body and tenderize it since he was putting as much strength in it as he could.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Words: 367863
Joined roleplay: July 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Kaie on August 28th, 2013, 12:25 am

Her shin strike was successful but he had managed to knock her open palm strike out of the way. Either way she'd take one hit over two misses any day. Yet now he posed a few new problems she needed to take into account. Kaie could waste no more time. They were clever for a guy who hadn't seemed like he knew much about what he was doing.

"Good! Now don't slow on me yet!"She managed to growl excitedly before stumbling back, though not quite fast enough. Considering he put his whole body into it, it was a quicker strike than she anticipated. All she managed to do was get some distance and start to get off frame. He did managed to get her a bit, though.

She grunted as his knuckles hit the corner of her rib cage before she cleared the strike. With his whole body behind it, she knew she could catch hall that momentum. Twist it for her own purposes into something destructive. So she did.

With his fist outside her, leaving his whole side open with no defense, she struck. Swinging her leg, she aimed for the outside of his rib cage to repay the favor. Then she was moving to him back with a hook into the same place. A double up on the nerves there before backing off.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on August 29th, 2013, 3:13 am

Ethan felt the forearm that was coming after his throat hit soundly on his forearm as he blocked. The strain of holding up his arm to deflect the blow was causing aching and shooting pain in his ribs. He hadn’t broken anything, but the muscles were tendered and he was feeling every breath as it stretched and pulled his muscles. It took everything that Ethan was made of to go for the punch. The ball of his foot crunched the loose gravel of the pit’s floor.

Ethan couldn’t believe that girl could talk let alone, taunt him. Still he was giving it his all the right arm began to extend from the upper cuts and he felt his knuckles hit a glancing blow across her ribs. It felt good, his first and only hit. It felt like a victory, and Ethan’s victory was brief. His fist continued past her body as she began to twist outside his range. As Kaie’s leg came up and hit his ribs on the other side of his body, Ethan felt one of his ribs move, muscles spasm trying to keep the rib in place. Yet Kaie’s fist came in and struck the rib again. It was at that point Ethan felt the rib move down and then whip fast up. Pain burst throughout his torso as Ethan realized he had rolled a rib. It dropped him to the ground, and Ethan felt the gravel under his knees and hands.

“I yield!” Ethan cried out loud, as his left hand came up to his rib, doing his best to cradle it. His breath came heavy as he couldn’t quite stand just yet. Ethan closed his eyes, hoping that Kaie would stop the fight as he called her the victor. Of course, if she decided to continue it would be nothing more than a beating, and Ethan hadn’t had one of those since he was a teenager trying to prove he was a man.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Kaie on August 30th, 2013, 8:11 pm

Finally he dropped. With the instinct screaming at her to finish him while he was down, Kaie burst forward with fist raised. It wasn't until he cried out his defeat that she paused. Fist halted in the air and retracted. Her entire body calmed and released itself from a combative position. A victorious grin was plastered across her tanned features. Eyes twinkled with pride in herself as she eyed the man cradling his side. With their battle officially finished, she let the civility return to blanket her savage features. A guise she learned to don whenever she was within the barbarian world.

"Not too bad, Ethan," She complimented as she neared him. A hand extended down toward him. An offering of assistance back to his feet if he deemed himself able to do so.

"You fought better than I expected," The Myrian admitted with a shrug, teeth flashing him with a grin.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on September 1st, 2013, 3:29 pm

Ethan kept his left hand on his rib, eyes closed as his heavy breath allows small clouds of dirt into the air. Slowly with his right arm Ethan lifted himself to a sitting position. Pain spike throughout his injuries in his body, already as Ethan looked down on his skin could he angry red bruise rising to the surface. Ethan nodded his head towards Kaie has he gave him a compliment in a way that said he didn’t shame himself too badly. Ethan took Kaie’s hand to steady himself as he got to his feet. The grip was solid, but didn’t require Kaie to exert herself, since Ethan was still able to walk. Moving his right arm was causing him to inhale sharp breaths as the stretch moved the rib.

“Thanks, at least I know that I can take a beating without too much shame.” Ethan grimace a little, “Going to need to wrap these ribs though. Damn, kick you gave was a good one. When I heal up I will have to start thinking about using my legs more in fighting then just the arms. Probably going to need to work on my speed to, if I had just been half a moment faster on that punch, I might have cracked a few of your own. Those seems like some decent areas to improve on, what do you think? Or should I work on some basic moves?”
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Kaie on September 1st, 2013, 5:40 pm

The savage simple shrugged at first, seeming to think and replay the fight in her head. Her expression was focused again like she was really doing her best to recall information and tie it in with the now. After a few moments she nodded her head firmly.

"What you say is true. You have potential. Just need to buff out a few places and built upon it. When in battle, every body part is a weapon. Head, legs, arms. All. The more you fight, the easier it gets. Speed will come. It is most important to master the basics first so you can get more advanced as you gain experience," She offered kindly, gesturing to each body part as she listed them. The barbarian was a nice challenge and she was glad to have sought him out. Despite his kind nature toward one of her previous adversaries, the guy had proven to have potential. She didn't doubt within a few months of battle he would significantly improve if he wished to.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ethan Ironhorse on September 3rd, 2013, 11:39 pm

“Well thank you for the lesson, Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows.” Ethan bowed slowly, his hand still holding his ribs. “The lesson was received and perhaps next time you will not find such easy fight.” Ethan rose back up and smiled, “Now if you will excuse me, I will see if I can’t get some Krolar Poultice to help ease the rib. If you should need something forged, I work in the Ironworks, I can’t help out much in price but I promise to put your order on top of the list.”

Ethan smiled, even though the pain around his eyes made them wrinkle slightly. Ethan waited for her reply and went back looking at some of the other fights going on in the pit. He needed the rest as he wasn’t moving fast with the rib. Afterwards, Ethan went out to the Great Bazaar to find some of the poultice and bandages before heading to bed. The poultice was cool and as the pain of rib lanced through Ethan every time he massaged the poultice into his skin. One the dose was applied to his aches and pains; Ethan ate a little bit of his stew and went to bed. Tomorrow, he would have to see if he could go to work, or if he was going to need more herbs.
Ethan Ironhorse
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Radiant on October 7th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Kaie :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +2 XP
Endurance +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
A Thirst For Combat
Ethan Ironhorse: Acquaintance
Sparring With Ethan
Don't Slow On Me!

Loots

Ethan :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Rhetoric +1 XP
Unarmed Combat +3 XP
Endurance +2 XP
Wrestling +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Approached By A Myrian
Kaie: Acquaintance
Sparring With Kaie
Pain Is The Ultimate Teacher

Loots

Notes :
Nice sparring thread, guys. I love how both of you played to your skill levels, a Competent against a Novice. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous