Completed Learning while Slipping (Kaie)

Kaie pays Matthew with lessons instead of coin..

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Learning while Slipping (Kaie)

Postby Matthew on August 12th, 2013, 6:41 pm

28th of Summer, 513 AV

The more Matthew had considered the idea, the more he realized that he might have been tricked. While the offer to teach him some self-defense in return for his own teachings was likely meant well, it actually put him in more of a vulnerable position that he had thought. He hadn't really noticed it until he had gotten here. It was near sunset at the hot springs, so everyone had just left to head back to Syliras. There was warm water and slippery rocks, they were going to be working on a skill that required a lot of physical touch, and he was half dressed. Looking down at his attire, Matthew scowled a little at the exposed abs and defined pectorals, a few beads of salty sweat tracing down the defined lines. He had purposefully worn loose and comfortable white britches that hung noticeably low on his V-lined hips, so all and all, he was practically a walking advertisement for what he sold. However, he wasn't trying to sell anything today. He just wanted to learn. Would the woman see that, though? He thought back to the amber eyes with their amused stare, the burning fire that she kept trying to consume him with, and the way that she always seemed ready to pounce on him.

Had she really asked him to meet in the dark and secluded location for training, or was she planning on taking complete advantage of him? Matthew narrowed his eyes, mulling over the possibilities. As long as she didn't truss him up and then have her way, he would have a fighting chance of overpowering her. He would have to use some sensual means to do so, but that was really all he had.

Grunting to himself, Matthew stepped closer to the hot springs, glancing over the different sections of it. While they were supposed to focus on hand-to-hand combat, he also wanted to try and work some other skills in as well. While the water wasn't deep enough to swim in, the variety of rocks littered across the surface of the shallow sections could be used as footholds. They looked slippery from where he was at, so perhaps they could be used to test balance and flexibility. Mulling this over, Matthew stared a bit longer before heading over to that particular section. There wasn't much he could tell without actually trying, so why not?

With a semi-graceful leap, the harlot jumped out to one of the rocks. He had barely touched the surface before his bare foot slipped, causing him to yelp out, jumping from that rock to another in a desperate attempt to regain his balance. That rock was just as slippery, sending the man sliding and tripping, windmilling his arms in a rather amusing show. He tried to move his hips, tried to recenter his core, but realized that he was about to fall. With a final shout, Matthew threw himself in the direction of the deepest part of the springs, managing to make a splash in an area that wouldn't have him busting open his head. Soon enough, Matthew rose, his dark curls sticking to his forehead, bright blue eyes scanning the rocks he had just danced off with some level of satisfaction. Those would do nicely, if his teacher agreed. Rising from the water, he slowly made his way back to the shore, more of an advertisement than ever before. Now the practically see-through shorts clung to everything underneath, showing off muscle and manhood alike. His bronzed upper-half was slick with water, the beads dripping alluringly down every path of muscle his chest and stomach had.

Even if she hadn't come here with the intentions of forcefully displaying the fruits of her lessons, he certainly wasn't doing anything to stop that train of thought from coming to mind. He wasn't trying, not really. He did naturally show off a bit just to try and interest potential customers, but this... this was just bad luck on his part.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on August 12th, 2013, 7:35 pm

Dusk was befalling the Bronze Woods with every step Kaie took. Her footsteps were moderately quiet and careful, moving with the intention of stealth, whether or not she actually succeeded in the respect. She had come from a recent hunt, one that had turned out to be an utter failure. The Myrian had perched high in the trees, quietly waiting for prey that never came. Not even a squirrel had crossed her vision. All that kept from killing her mood was the fact she still had rations to spare. And she was about to meet up with Matthew again.

Kaie adjusted the shoulder strap of her pack, fingers tapping her gladius hilt absently. She was thinking as she swept through the forest toward the hot springs. A place she was too familiar with. Far too familiar with at that. For this was the very place she had her first man, the chocolate skinned squire. Although their time spent was...Fun...He turned out to be a bad investment. Word of arrested squires traveled fast in Syliras and she was glad she severed connections before he tried to contact her again. Still, she couldn't help but recognize the feeling she got from the place when she entered the clearing. Feelings she'd easily combat when her lesson had begun. She was good at that.

Upon reaching the location, Kaie's chocolate brown eyes settled immediately on her companion. He was dressed to fit his lifestyle. A lifestyle he was well built for. She couldn't blame him for going shirtless to train, for that was common. What she hadn't expected was his choice of white pants. They hung lower than anything he'd worn at the tavern, and certainly were made to accentuate the hips. He was clever in his clothing investments, knowing all about drawing attention where he wanted it. It almost made her question his true intentions. Was he actually here to train, or was he going to suck her in? To get her into a position where she was required to take advantage of his services?

Kaie's expression was one of amusement at his attire though. One eyebrow raised in mockery and a grin twitching at the corner of her lip. Her face conveyed her thoughts: "Is that really what you're wearing?"

She began nearing him where he had leaped onto the slippery rocks, prepared to greet him warmly. That is until his landing went awry and his balance was annihilated. She stopped in her tracks, watching with wide eyes as the man windmilled and flailed about, until finally he crashed into the water with a yell. Kaie couldn't believe her eyes, and if anything couldn't decide that had seriously just happened. Momentarily she began cracking up, almost doubled over in laughter at the sight of him.

"Not as smooth on your feet as you are in the bedroom are you, Matthew?" She mocked with a warm, light laugh when she finally recovered. The Myrian woman shrugged off her pack and gladius belt, letting both drop with a soft thud on the shore. Then her bronzed fingers found the string at her chest. They worked at a leisurely speed, undoing the tie job lazily. Finally, the cloak fell from her shoulders like a second skin, settling behind her heels. Now she was prepared.

Standing there in her traditional clothes, her brown altered loincloth and vest, she eyed the water logged harlot. Studying him. It wasn't so different than she had when they were in a much different mood. Even as she was surveying his body type, deciding what advantages he might face her with, she couldn't help but appreciate his physique. Brown eyes zeroed in on a single, large droplet of water trailing smoothly from the center of his chest down to v-line.

Oh...

She hadn't even realized what his adventure into the water had done to how his white pants functioned. The Myrian woman's gaze dropped there for a second before she flicked her eyes up to his face again. There was no need to be invasive...Even if that's all she wanted to be with him looking like that. Temptation was certainly there.

"I gave you my word. What would you like to learn from me?"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Matthew on August 12th, 2013, 9:51 pm

He gave her a little scowl as he came up from the water and onto the sandy shore, blinking a bit to clear the warm liquid from his long eyelashes. "I am rarely on my feet in the bedroom, Kaie. It sounds like you haven't had the most focused of partners." He took her jab in stride and fired back one of his own, apparently well-versed in verbal sparring. Sadly, that wasn't what they were here to do. He quietly watched as she unlcothed herself, then with a start, remembered what she had said before he had taken his plunge into the springs.

A brief look of dismay flickered across his expressive eyes, though his normal poker-face didn't twitch. He glanced down at his attire, apparently blind to how revealing it was, white teeth chewing on his full lower lip in a moment of thought. "I thought it would be a good choice. It is loose, but not enough that it will just fall off." He reached down, thumbs tracing the lines in his hips, unwittingly putting on a show. Perhaps that was part of how maddening he was. The fact that he kept up the seductive aura, even when it looked like he was trying even a little bit. "I didn't really bring a change of clothes. Will it get in the way? I could remove them, if you think it best." He moved around a bit, hopping from one leg to the other, his body rippling in response to each and every one of his little motions. After a bit of this, he looked back up at her, this time the one who was seeking approval for his choices.

Not at all noticing her look at his rather exposed lower half, he crinkled his brow at her question. His eyes paused a moment, then flickered over her, examining various points on her body. This time, they weren't the sort of places he had been analyzing in the tavern. Instead, he was mentally mapping a variety of spots that she would probably know. If anything, that was the one advantage that he could possibly have. It wasn't even as much of an advantage as it was a clue to where his advantage may lay. He was intelligent, and the places that he was glancing to showed that. He had a precise and intimate knowledge of exactly where a multitude of vital points were. Several on her neck, several on her face, and then dozens more all over her body. He was mapping out the different places that he could kill her, or at least severely injure her, and all in one single well-placed blow. "I want to learn how to kill someone." He glanced up, blue gaze serious, oddly vacant for having stated something so very violent. Everything just seemed so casual to the man. "Not that I have someone in mind," he corrected. "In my line of work, we can run into unsavory people. I want to be able to defend myself. I want to be able to instantly kill someone if I have to, or at least break a piece of them that puts them out of commission. No drawn-out fight, no fancy movements, just simple violence." He studied her a bit more before slowly turning, motioning her bronzed self to follow. He pointed out the slick stones, then glanced back at her, that slight shimmer of a student wanting approval briefly filling his eyes again. "I thought we might could try our practice on the stones, if you feel they would work well. It would help with balance and grace, something I wish to train as well. Two birds with one stone."

He stretched his body, a series of pops and cracks echoing out as he did so, a few beads of water shooting off of him at the sudden movement of his arching skin. He twisted his waist side to side, and then slowly bent into a few stretches, limbering out his legs and arms. An arm pulled behind his head, then a leg pulled up to his back, and then a few more little exercises here and there. "You don't see many men who are able to offer flexibility in the bedroom, so I thought I might work on that. It is a slow process. I should have took such a thing into account when designing my body." The implications were obvious. He had built himself for strength and show, for smoothness and grace. He hadn't taken how flexible he would be into account, so he wasn't flexible at all. Interesting to see a male who wanted to use that in the bedroom, but to each their own. Who know, it might come in handy elsewhere as well. Like the fighting they were about to try, if she could indeed teach him.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on August 13th, 2013, 5:40 am

Kaie practically beamed at their exchange. She knew he was aware she had meant his footwork versus his seduction. He was just too clever to pass up the perfect opportunity for such a jab. Matthew must've somehow noticed her expression earlier because right away he began to explain his wardrobe. He was tracing the crevices of his hips which caught her attention immediately. Then before she could even consider protesting, he was hopping out of the waistband of his pants. Standing before her, Matthew was stark naked.

Kaie just about gaped at him, jaw beginning to drop at the realization. Shock dominated her expression. After a second or two had passed, Kaie snapped her jaw shut hastily and was back to neutral. She did have to peel her eyes from his package, though. She couldn't help it. All that teasing, all that touching and showcasing, and here they were. It was like they were back in the mess of a tavern again. And she wanted him.

"You know, it's going to be very hard to teach you anything when you look like that," She pointed out, still staring, longing for him. The words were dismissive though, and she was back to listening to him. Hearing his requests.

So he wanted to know to kill? She onced him over again, searching his eyes and his body for signs he wasn't serious. Like maybe this was all a crude joke. She found nothing though, and returned his speech with only silence. Did he really know what he was asking? Myrians had a tradition to uphold and deity to appease. Killing was a necessary part of their culture. It was a way of life to glorify the Goddess Queen. In the barbarian world and Syliras, they called it a very different thing. Murder. Their lines were crooked and the border between self defense and homicide could easily become blurred. Regardless of the reason, the knights might readily hang Matthew in the streets for spilling blood in their city. For disturbing peace. She had no faith in their strict justice. Could she really live with the idea she was entrusting her friend with skills that may very well get him killed? Skills that could turn him into a murderer given the lack of cushioning in his culture?

Her life had been surrounded by vicious combat and vigorous training. Such life skills were held almost above all. else. They were invaluable. Their importance was noted. More than once had her abilities saved her from a sword. She realized then that she couldn't possibly deny them to him. Kaie heard his demands and his ideas, considered them, and remained distant. She was calculating all he had said, withdrawing ideas from memory and innovating her own all at once. Before anything was taught, Kaie would need to inquiry on a few things.

"Sure, we use the rocks. First must ask questions. You speak as if from experience, the un-save-ory people. Tell me about it. What they did and how they moved," She said coolly, letting him know she could see through his hypothetical suggestion. Kaie had never heard someone stroll up to a warrior and demand lessons in killing. Usually they were far simpler and vague, like how to defend oneself. How to punch, kick, block, and all the other basics of hand to hand combat. Matthew was more straight forward. He knew what he had come to her for. Kaie admired that. Now all she needed was to know why he felt so threatened. What had such unruly patrons done to him exactly?

Last edited by Kaie on February 22nd, 2014, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 13th, 2013, 5:34 pm

He peered at her with narrowed eyes, then back down at his now-bare lower half. With a huff, and something that almost looked like an actual pout, he mumbled out. "Well, I thought you were displeased with the shorts." It was amusing how he could change from a professional harlot, to a lustful shell of a man, to this little boy who looked as if he had just been scolded. He didn't move to put back on the shorts though, nor did he even attempt to cover up. He just stood there, proud and comfortable in his own flesh, watching her carefully as she eyeballed him. He didn't glance away at the touch of her eyes on him, though he wanted to. He could feel the taste of her fire in the air, though she was seeming to do a good job of keeping it reined in. It wasn't an inferno like it had been a couple of days ago.

The man was silent as she stared at him, the woman apparently in deep thought. He slowly wandered back over to the slippery rocks, eyeballing them for a few moments, gingerly reaching out a foot to touch at one. After a few moments, he seemed satisfied that he could stay on, and gently put his weight onto the rock. The slow movements seemed to really help any sudden slips from happening, so he moved just as slowly when putting his other foot on a different rock. He wobbled a few times, slowly sticking his arms out to either side for balance, but eventually managed to get himself up on the two little slick stones. Looking just a bit proud, blue eyes sparkling just a tad, he turned his head towards Kaie to answer her question. His body rippled and swayed a bit, naturally trying to keep itself balanced upon the slippery perch that Matthew had found for himself. Some other benefits of the bedroom skills he had gained became a bit obvious. His hips circled and swayed, doing most of the work to keep him atop the stones, while his upper body was almost completely still.

"Nothing much has happened with me, personally. I have been lucky enough to avoid any angry customers, or whatever emotion it is that drives them to do some of the things they can do." He paused, and for a second, the ice deep in his eyes burned. It wasn't a lust, it was an anger, a carefully controlled and monitored anger that he very very rarely ever let out. Anger made him sloppy. Perhaps sloppier than all of the other emotions could possibly make him. Out of all of the things he kept in check, anger was the most carefully watched. "But some of the women, they have not been as lucky." Then again, he did have other skills he had put to use to keep him out of trouble. But how long would that really work, he had to wonder? "I have seen them with bruises, heard stories of getting raped, getting services forced upon them that they did not sell... there are plenty of whores you can purchase who enjoy anal sex, as well as many who enjoy forceful sex. Being gagged and held down as you try to get away? No. I refuse to ever let that happen." He paused, blue eyes dimming for a moment. "Depending on what I think of the skills I learn, I may want to pass them on. When a man twice their size is on top of them, I don't wish for them to simply hurt him. I want them to take his eyes, or his genitals, or any of his bones. If their attacker continues on, then they take his life. There is no time to worry about what the Knights will think when someone is on top of you."

His voice was cold steel, his eyes a brighter blue than ever before. It was a new side that very few had ever seen. He talked about such things with an air of utter ease. Casual. It was simple to him, logical and intelligent, just like the rest of the world appeared to his eyes. He had never really struck someone, or killed anyone, but under the right circumstances he had no doubt he wouldn't even bat an eye.

Wobbling on the stones, he slowly turned himself toward her, leg muscles flexing and twitching as he slowly moved the foot to another stone. He was having to move like a little slug, so any sort of fighting on these slippery footholds would be interesting, to say the least. "How they move? Slow. Filled with lust. Confident. Perhaps sometimes sly and quick. I have only had one attempt it on me, and she was slow and hungry with her movements, as if the thought that she hadn't even paid wouldn't occur to me. I handled it, though." He was brief with his experience, noticeably so.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on August 14th, 2013, 12:51 am

It amused her noticeably, how the incredible professional had turned so quickly into something resembling an obstinate child. It was as if he used his nakedness and lack of self consciousness to spite her. He should've known well enough that covering would've been harsher on her, not casual flaunting.

She watched the man steady himself on the rocks, standing there like a crazed mountain man the forest frighten woman might've feared. All he needed was a little dirt and sufficient facial hair to match the stigma. His hips rotated smoothly in a slow fashion, yet again bringing her attention there. How was it that such a simple action could turn into some twisted show of seduction? Matthew clearly belonged to no other trade. She doubted even a passerby would disagree with that.

Kaie listened to his story and noted his tone. Noticed the way his eyes narrowed and dilated throughout his descriptions. Of course she knew his stories were true. The ones about the girls. Kaie had heard plenty of them. Often times she couldn't help but let that bitterness she felt for the barbarian girls show through. It was like in the back of her mind she felt like they had done it to themselves with their ignorance. "They had set themselves up for it. They deserved it," The voice of a darker reason pointed out with a hiss. Nonetheless, Kaie wasn't so sure she believed it herself.

Sure, she did despise the weak nature most girls in Syliras seemed to project. They were weak, incompetent in combat, and born outside Myri's light. They paid no reverence to the Goddess Queen. They made no sacrifices. The people of the city were upholding standards of a weak God. A God who was defeated. His benevolence was crushed under the might of pure chaos. Evil. His weakness did not prevail under the divine. How could they expect to maintain strength when they were followers of the dead? How could they remain loyal to the ideals of one who was defeated? They were impure.

Kaie simply nodded to all he had said, not missing the clear fact he was being vague on his experiences. It had noticeably affected him. Scarred him in a way. His voice had been tense and restrained. Yet, she would not inquire further. His struggle was not her business. What was her business was his request. The safety of her new found alliance, her friend. Whether he passed her lesson on to lesser whores wasn't her concern. They were not her responsibility nor her priority in the lesson anyhow.

She set her jaw, her expression becoming more dejected and severe than earlier. Again she Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows. A devoted Myrian. Whether or not she was in Falyndar, in Taloba, didn't matter to her. This was now her jungle. Here was her training ground. She could hear them, their lips to her ear. Her father. Her trainer. All of her kin. Their shouts and screams in her ears that rattled her to the bone with their severity, their brutality in teaching. Her muscles flexed beneath her skin as if remembering some kind of experience. Her posture was perfect and her eyes were hateful flames. Kaie was transforming into the warrior now, recalling what was necessary to repay her debt.

Suddenly it all dialed back. Her expression and her strictness remained, but the severity lessened. She was the warrior still but not nearly as prominent as she had been moments before. Her body was powerful but relaxed. Memories locked away again with that open savagery. Kaie had returned to become more like the woman Matthew had met days prior. Now, his lesson had begun.

Kaie walked to him, placing her feet confidently upon the moist rock. After a pause following her first step, she deemed herself balanced enough to continue.

"You mentioned your knowledge on ana-tomy yes?" She said, searching for confirmation in a more rhetorical sense. She kept approaching, whether he answered or not simply not a concern. Her path was set and her direction settled upon. She wouldn't beat around the bush anymore than he had. He wanted to learn to kill so she'd simply point out the obvious. Start with things he already knew and build upon the concepts. Her bronzed hand lifted when they were inches away from one another, as close as they had been at the tavern. She took her time, moving deliberately and objectively. First, she placed her index finger upon the side of his head above his right ear.

"Here. You barbarians have a name for it. It connects with the brain. Hitting it with strong force will lead to instant, how you say, disorientation? That is at least," She began, all the while lifting her other hand to rest the other index finger directly on the other side. She tapped her fingers along his skin, making sure he felt how his body reaction. A noticeable spot like that usually caused instant discomfort. It was like the body knew its own weakness.

"Death at best. Hit both? You'll find your target will go down quick enough. Easiest to use the heels of your hands. Notice it's in a spot that's at the edge of the eyes. Peripherals, I think it is said. Be quick about it," She finished in a matter of fact way, dropping her left hand and moving her finger to his nasion. From there she continued to point out each area she drew attention to, poking as she spoke about it.

"Summit of nose. Just below nose. Same idea. Good spots. Strike to the throat? Instantly they will be choking. Easily fatal if done right," She said simply, as if such a morbid topic was something worthy to be shared around a noble's family dinner table. Back in Taloba it was.

Her hands suddenly wrapped around his neck and massaged at the nape of his neck, eyes letting him know silently to pay attention to there as well. Then suddenly one hand's fingers gripped the hair on the back of his head roughly. Before he could've reacted, Kaie forced his head back roughly without jostling his body. She tilted her head up and moved close to his throat, looking up at him from that angle. Staring at the vulnerable throat like a predator might before wrapping its jaws around it. Then she redirected her gaze to find his with hungry eyes.

"Everyone knows how easily a neck can snap... Do you understand so far?" Kaie said with a bit of sexual sadism before breaking off into a more reachable tone. Before she got into the actual fighting, she needed to make sure they were bridged as one.

"You do know how to make a fist at least?"

Last edited by Kaie on February 22nd, 2014, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 14th, 2013, 3:58 pm

Even though Matthew couldn't hear her thoughts, on some level, his own mirrored hers. Prostitutes did set themselves up for being taken advantage of. They displayed their body as an item to be sold, and quite frankly, there was always the chance that an item for sale might be stolen. Many of them could learn to defend themselves, but they did not. He wasn't planning on passing on any learned knowledge out of the kindness of his heart, though. It was only to keep the business protected. It wasn't as much about money as it was just the principle of the matter. If he ever started his own escort service, he had no interest in any random scoundrel taking what was his. His employees would learn to defend themselves, or they would have to deal with whatever came. That wasn't even the main point of learning all this, though. The women he could teach were an afterthought. His skin was the most important to him, naturally. He didn't see it as cowardly or selfish, he just saw it as common sense.

When she revealed her true self, the Cutthroat Shadow, Matthew blinked. The puzzle piece he had been searching for had suddenly fell into place. He knew exactly what that feeling was that he had been trying to pin down for so very long. Her muscles flexed, her eyes burned, and his own figure shivered as the realization settled upon him. He hadn't seen it before. How stupid of him. She was like Razkar.

Myrian.

He resisted the urge to step back when she stepped forward, even though he noticed that she had definitely calmed down whatever that was. The true side of her? The savage side of her? Was what she looked like now merely a mask she wore around the barbarians of Syliras? A way to blend in, if only just barely? He didn't really have time to think about it. His thoughts kept on slipping back to making sure his feet weren't pulling him into retreat. She intimated him somehow. Probably just the Myrian in her. He set his jaw, blue eyes turning to steel, bracing himself and manipulating the fear within his stomach. It was only a bit, but it was definitely there. He handled it how he had handled the moments of desire back in the tavern. He compressed it, grabbed ahold of it, and stored it within the ice. Locked it away, and reminded himself that it was just emotion. Just the silly workings of a silly mortal mind. He held onto that, like a lifeline that could save him from his own sea of emotions. Desire, fear, whatever it might be. He didn't like them. He focused on the approaching woman, blue eyes clashing with hard amber. He faintly noticed how easily she stepped upon the slick rock, and his brow furrowed, a moment of jealousy running through him. He quickly grabbed ahold of that as well, storing it away. There were likely a lot of things about the warrior that he was soon to be jealous of. Best not to get started.

Managing to hold his ground as she stepped close and touched a hand behind his ear, he nodded. "Perhaps. There are a few. Mastoid, maybe? A part of the temporal bone. There is something of a process that involves the muscles there, and striking it hard enough would probably..." He trailed off, knowing the woman likely didn't want a quick medical lesson on the various points that were in that area. He could sit down and remember them all later, and then label the exact one that she was talking about. For now, he just needed to remember it. His eyes closed briefly, then re-opened, though with a bit of a distant look to them. He took a deep breath, distancing himself, distracting himself, focusing himself. Removing everything from around them except the stones beneath their feet, the water, the air, and each other. His blue eyes focused, but this time, they really focused. Nothing else existed for the man. This was his world now. Inside of his head, his mental library had been cleared, and Matthew had opened a new book to record the new information in. He was ready to remember. He would commit what she taught to both body and mind. He shifted just barely as she tapped the point, causing discomfort, which only helped him further cement the exact area into his quick mind.

Then there was the nose, the throat, her fingers guiding his brain in its memorization of each location. He didn't blink at her casual tone, honestly quite dettached and casual about it himself. He had come here to learn this sort of stuff, after all. No use feeling odd about it.

He twitched again as she wrapped her fingers around his neck, and funny enough, he actually arched his head back just a tad. He was accustomed to the hold, and reacted in kind, allowing her to choke him easily if she wished. It was the submissive side he had instinctively cultivated for his customers. When she tugged his hair and stared at his throat, his blue eyes flicked down to keep his gaze on her, a look briefly flashing through the expressive windows.

No, please. A begging cry for mercy. Don't stop. A begging cry for more.

Then it was gone, only a brief sample of yet another side of the sexual man. "Yes, I understand. And... no, I don't." He blinked for a moment, then rose a hand, offering it to her. He was completely fresh to this. Perhaps the freshest she would ever see. At his age, it wasn't common for someone to have gotten in at least one or two fights. He hadn't ever struck a blow with his bare fists. Not that he could remember, at least.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on August 14th, 2013, 6:28 pm

How didn't know how to even make a fist?! Kaie was dumbfounded at the idea. She should've known. With the way Syliras was run, the pacifism, the cruelty in response to any violence, and the utter loathsome peace knights ensure, she should have figured. Of course Matthew hadn't known even the basics. That's why he had come to her. He didn't even know how to start.

Kaie looked at him skeptically, making sure he wasn't kidding. Then she looked down at his outstretched hand. She began mumbling in her native language irritably, though it was mostly directed at Syliras culture than Matthew. It wasn't really his fault was it? As she growled out native profanities, she spread his fingers out and relaxed his palm. Starting from scratch.

"Just clench your fist. Curl your fingers back into your palm. See? Now you put your thumb across the flat plane you just made. And please...Remember, you no tuck thumb under fingers. Break it in a heartbeat," She explained as she moved each digit into place. Kaie then looked up at him like much of it was obvious. A hint he had best remember that much at least.

"Now..Just make your fist strong. Don't be weak when you go to strike anything. Always strong," The Myrian continued with a nod of approval at her creation. Then she stepped back carefully, making sure she didn't lose her footing. She knew since she was literally working with nothing, she needed to at least hit all the basics. At minimum. Kaie aimed her hips at his, one foot before the other. Her knees were slightly bent, giving her a lightness to her position. A bounce, even. A way to rebound if her balance failed.

"Stance. Feet shoulder width apart. Best foot goes behind. Keep a bend in the knees. Just mirror me," The warrior said like she was rattling off a list of points embedded in her head. Like it was burned there, branded with cruel metal. Unforgettable. She assumed he'd do just that. Follow what she said. Her eyes stared at him expectantly, waiting for him to settle. When he was correctly situated, she moved on.

"Good. Now you must have your defenses. Two goals: block face and block body. Make fist with both hands. Keep your elbows close to you. Protects ribs. Hands block face," Kaie continued to instruct, stepping forward again to gently take his wrists and move his hands where they should be. Perfect...

"Questions?"
Last edited by Kaie on February 22nd, 2014, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Matthew on August 15th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Her look of disbelief went completely unnoticed by the harlot, who just stared at her with those curious blue eyes. He was unwavering in his gaze, keeping permanent and unflinching eye contact unless she specifically aimed his stare elsewhere. When she showed him how to make a fist, that was something that caused him to refocus, and he stared upon his manipulated hand with equal intensity. His long fingers were limp until she placed them into a position that needed tightness, the harlot being as easy to manipulate as clay. His deep eyes burned with focus, the simple act of learning being a favorite of his. While he was troubled by the human emotions that plagued him, he could not deny that enjoyment was a feeling that he liked. It was a twisted world, his head.

The fist she had made tightened at first, then loosened a bit. He continued to stare at it, the strength he was putting into it noticeably changing as he experimented. Even something like this he took so very seriously, the obvious calculations running wild behind his eyes. His teeth slowly came out to sink into his lower lip, and he chewed on it, tilting his head and blinking. Inside of his head he was still taking notes, putting things down to memory, recording them in his mental library. He actually struck out suddenly, snapping his hand out, moving from a completely still position to a whip-like strike with his arm. His fist blurred in the air for a moment, a light pop echoing from his shoulder. He blinked with a blank look, and then tried again, twisting himself at the waist a little bit as he blurred his fist out. Again he blinked, a sign of displeasure, and adjusted the tightness of his fist. He was horribly methodical about the process, making a lot of little small changes and testing them, then repeating the process over and over. Only whenever she made him move on to the stance did he lift his eyes from the fist he had made, letting his arm silently fall and turning to stare at her body.

His body moved to match hers, hips revolving to point at her own, feet bending just a little bit. His eyes flickered from her body to his, and little adjustments were made all over his figure, making sure that he was indeed mirroring her. His attention to detail was near perfect, the harlot taking plenty of time to make sure he was a complete copy of her stance. When she reached forward to adjust his hands for his defenses, he did wobble a bit, but he noticed that the bend to his knees helped with his balance. He had to pay just a bit of attention to his footing, but if he kept aware of it, he was able to be touched and not completely topple over. She would find him quite easy to manipulate once more, allowing her to adjust until she found him suitable for the guard she had in mind. Finally he was ready, perfectly posed for her, an apathetic stare to his eye as she asked if he had any questions.

Glancing down at his hands, he pondered for a moment, then he glanced back up. Chewing his lower lip, he studied her face, mulling the question over.

From a pondering statue, Matthew just randomly struck out, right arm moving in the whiplash motion of before.

She was skilled, so she would probably see that the cheeky harlot was going for her throat. One of the places she had pointed out earlier, actually. Without a second thought, or a moment of hesitation, he just flung out an attack right for her throat. As if he was going to crush the windpipe, or smash one of the places that blood flowed through to her brain. She might intercept his blow, but even if she didn't, his own complete lack of knowledge would soon show. The act of throwing a punch was way too much for the harlot, and just like that, he lost his balance. Instead of attacking viciously, he would soon be windmilling and flailing, and then topple over towards the Myrian. A gentle push or violent blow would certainly send him toppling over in a different direction, if she didn't want to deal with his antics. His next question would likely come from the water, his hurting body sprawled out over the rocks, or his jumbled position on top of her. "How do I punch?"

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kaie on August 18th, 2013, 12:06 am

It was funny to her, the way the previous teacher had traded status become the student. It was her head he wished to pick information from. Her knowledge base and her experience that he required. She could see that yearning in his ears to learn. That concentration that focused through his whole body like an illness. He listened and then he acted, thinking each movement through. He had done what she said exactly. An almost perfect replica. Matthew was like a fine, chiseled sculpture. One the artist had labored over with determination and intelligence, an almost perfect forgery of an original. The edges just needed to be buffed out. Really, she was finding he had good potential.

Like a good mentor, Kaie became enthusiastic as soon as she saw him throw a punch. Her eyes began to glow, and brow raised in pleasant surprise at his quickness. She could see where he had aimed, one of the places she told him before, and she was pleased. Of course none of that leaked into her facade. No, she needed to perfect him first. To correct the mistakes he made in his trying that would make all the difference in the real world. In fact she was prepared to do just that when she saw his balance falter.

There he was again, arms all over trying to save his destroyed footing. All efforts were futile though and he was toppling right over toward her. With her savage mindset already in place, all thoughts became completely logical and emotionless. Her survivor mentally was kicking in full gear and dominated all decision making henceforth. She could try to catch him like a good friend but surely that would compromise her own balance. The Myrian could knock him in a different direction too. Easy but changing the weight distribution she had would also put her at risk for falling. Rather than going with the obvious option of moving and letting him hit the rocks, she found another one.

Twisting her hips and bending down lower on her knees to preserve her center of gravity, Kaie leaned forward out of the way of his fall. One of her hands reached down and clasped firmly into a crevice between the rocks. The other caught the naked man by his upper arm, perhaps breaking his fall more out of pity than anything else. As soon as his weight came down on hers, forcing her own body to support it, her back foot she braced against the rock slipped out from under her. With a low growl she tightened her hold on the rock and regained her foot work to keep her position. When both were steadied she released him so he could stand.

Kaie backed away from him slowly, wobbling only a bit from the incline on the slippery rocks, listening to his question. How to punch. Perfect. She was just getting to that.

"That practice strike, not bad. Fist was strong, like you mean it. You brought your hips into it, for power. But you stood still," She said easily, setting back into her stance as she had before. Guard up and feet in proper position. Kaie eyed him while she demonstrated what she was saying.

"When you punch you have to step into it. Not stand there. Get more out of your hit when you bring body forward with it," The Myrian explained, front foot stepping in as she jabbed correctly. Her step came just seconds before the actual jab. Once the first step was made, hips rotated forward and a punch was thrown slowly so he could see clearly.

"Rotate your wrist naturally with it, too. Lead hand come right off shoulder. Oh, and always keep one hand back. Must still guard face," She elaborated and then demonstrated again for a second visual. Upon throwing the actual punch with the lead hand, she came right off the shoulder forward like she had said. As her hand began reaching its invisible target, it rotated ninety degrees from the guard position so her knuckles were directed forward and flat. First and second knuckle striking the air, keeping the surface area of her punch small.

"Show me," She said suddenly, slowly edging herself closer to him. Her feet were careful and slow moving across the stones. She wasn't about to slip again, that was for sure. Kaie faced him with her guard up, nodding and looking at him expectantly. They were within combat range like she intended. She made a "come on" gesture with her finger, letting him know that she was completely serious. After all what was the point of a lesson if he never got to punch at anything?
Last edited by Kaie on February 22nd, 2014, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next