Completed A Friendly Visitation

(Gale McCenry) Gale decides to pay a visit to his recovering friend.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Ricky Maze on August 28th, 2013, 8:18 pm

A Friendly Visitation
Summer 28, 513 AV; 14th Bell

"No no, no!" Ricky shook and jittered from his nightmares as Telion stood up from her chair and placed her hands on Ricky, concerned for her fiancè as he whimpered in his sleep. "No, Tel!" He nearly shouted as he awoke in a cold sweat, a groan with quickened pants followed as she shushed and comforted him. She took a wet rag out from a bowl of water on the table and wiped his forehead attentively, her expression sincere as she looked down into his deeply worried gaze.

"It's okay Ricky, I'm here. You're okay." She reminded him with a comfortive tone, her free hand on his cheek as he reached for it dearly. It was the same as usual, the nightmare of the event in which he nearly lost her. Not just her but everyone else, those that stuck around in the event the three pirates made their assault. "I'm still here for you." She said once more as she took the rag and placed it back into the bowl, Ricky's breathing finally slowed down to a regular pace as she sat next to him, his hands enveloped hers as he rubbed his thumbs over the back of them.

"I love you." He stated with a dry mouth like he did many times before, although each time he did he was just as serious as before. After the other day happened he had never thought it so good to say that, as much value as the words easily held to him they just never sounded enough anymore. Not after coming so close to losing everything once again.

"I love you too." She gave a soft smile to him, the same ideal returned as she too understood the value in repeating them. He practically wanted to tell her the same phrase nearly every half bell or so, and yet she too felt stronger about him than what those three words could ever summarize. The door to their room remained open of course should anybody have decided to come visit, but Ricky hardly expected anybody to really visit him in this state.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on September 2nd, 2013, 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 29th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Common Vani Nari

As it seems, affliction, transgression, and machinations appear to stalk Gale and his every move. Why did he think that? Well, let's see here... First, as a child Gale had liked dogs, until every dog that saw him tried to rip his throat out. Secondly, he was hated with bitter passion and always looked at with reproof by Hana's parents, whom had little to no reason to assume he was a mountebank. He also came home to his mother lying dead on the floor with no explanation, he watched his wife die day by day by a vile disease. More recently, he was approached about his father, who was absent in his childhood years, was a Nuit who convinced him to, with inimical intent, attack a innocent sailor. Then Ricky has a break down because of Odis' death that didn't leave Gale too happy either. And now...this... Just petching perfect. He certainly was inauspicious wasn't he?

The widower impetuously made his way towards his dear friend, having deemed seeing Ricky peremptory. After all, sometimes even Leeches can lose their touch and where would he be if he lost him just because of a few chimes? Gale, of all people, knew how important last moments were, and if something should happen, he wanted to be by his side. Not that anything would happen of course- The nurses and such told them that he would be fine within time, right? There wasn't anything to worry about. Sheesh, Gale, stop worrying so much. You're going to worry yourself sick.

The artist walked into the room with the couple, just as alive as he was when he had left him, if not more so. The wave of alleviation was clearly noticeable with the exasperated sigh that passed through his lips and the way that he let his backpack slide off his shoulders and placing it in the corner. "Hey Richard." The Zeltivan offered a reassuring smile before standing next to the bed. "How are you feeling?" While it was obvious the most critical part about his visit was to see how his friend was doing, but Gale was indisputably convinced that Ricky has heard that question one too many times.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Ricky Maze on November 19th, 2013, 2:07 am

Oh by what decreed fate did such a day would come where the one person that saved Telion finally paid Ricky a visit, Gale had graced the guard with his presence and in doing so asked the very same question that was always asked before. However coming from one of the people Ricky really needed to see, it was welcoming for the guard to see that his friend rested with good spirits as well... if not better than Ricky's to say the least. "Blast. Didn't expect 'em t' come so soon." Ricky had actually expected Gale to not come at all, the artist had done much for Ricky and suffered enough on the guard's behalf. He was not by any means obligated to come here today, but by the mere act of doing so he once again proved Ricky wrong.

It being because their friendship truly mattered and with it the feelings Ricky felt were all the more true, his heart surely knew for a fact Gale had become important to him by no small feat alone. The artist had been there time and time again ever since Ricky returned with Odis, and now here he was with beliefs that Gale was practically family. Or would be in the case to come, for Ricky had something he needed to talk with Gale about. Something that Gale had earned within the time spent with Ricky, something he deserved after everything he endured. "Stiffer than the stone walls o' this damned place." His answer finally came with bitter amusement, his eagerness to get out of the room only faced that which prevented him. The words of the ones hhe loved. Due to the nature of his injuries he needed rest, thus with the medical advice given Telion made sure NOT to allow him to get up. Not until his wound healed well enough to be moving around freely, which was almost the case considering how bad it was a couple of days ago.

"Yeah, any worse then I'd been a goner." He remembered well what the wound was like, a wide gash made fresh from the cutlass of the brigand that attacked him. Only because he was close to losing his head to the other guy from behind, until the moment he pulled on the rusted cutlass within his dogs grave. The cutlass marked Odis' resting place for almost a year now, yet its blade waited for one final taste of blood long enough and served that exact purpose in one moment. Had Ricky not drawn it from the ground then he'd been a dead man indeed, but the point of the rusted blade plunged into the chest with force that saved the guard from impending doom. Yet that didn't stop the main one from attacking when the chance presented itself, thus Ricky's guard became easily bested by the quick witted attacks of the mans own cunning blade. Now here he was still alive and well while that man rested dead, and those that mattered to him were safe again from the potential danger that Ricky imposed upon them.

"The nurses said he needed plenty of rest, so I've been here tomake sure he gets it." Telion shared with Gale as she looked back and forth between the two.

"Not that I'm gettin' much o' it with these nightmares." Ricky scoffed with a slight his at the pain in his shoulder, the entire area ached continuously even after the wretched cutlass was withdrawn from it. A thing he longed to stop even if the medics could only do so little, at best though he would only have two more scars from this event. Two memories carved into his flesh for the rest of his days. "I actually wanted t' speak with ya mate. Though I thought t' do it when I got home, now's good as then since ye're here." Ricky pulled himself up to where he leaned against the bedframe and wall, but in a slow manner that showed serious pain all over his expression as he felt pure discomfort.

"Easy Ricky, don't strain your self." Tel nagged him with concern, longing for Ricky to find comfort showed in her eyes.

"I'm alright Tel, I'm alright." He assured her with a few heavy sighs, his torso visible to the other two as he looked to his abdomen with curses. The abdomen and shoulder had been wrapped snuggly in bandages, small traces of dried blood on the adbomen bandages from recent movement were also present. The wound had nearly healed nicely but with the need to move for comfort, the process moved along slower than usual for the guard. "First, I wanted t' apologize t' ya mate." Ricky finally said with humility as he looked straight up to Gale, eye contact direct to fully display the meaning in his words. "I know ya helped saved Telion, and kept her safe when Tallis and Hannah came f'r me. F'r that no amount o' gratitude's 'nough t' show me appreciate, but at the same time.puttin' ya in that kind o' danger when I coulda stopped it... I'm sorry mate." His deep blue eyes were a cauldron of mixed emotion, appreciation combined with regret and sincerety. As deeply affectionate as his words could hold as far as meanings go, there was still more to share with Gale than just thanks and an apology; Ricky still had one other thing to bring up to the artist. However he had to be patient, wait until Gale confirmed this message with a response of his own, and then he could continue.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 22nd, 2014, 12:19 am

Common Vani Nari
It seemed like chimes before Gale had finally gotten an answer from the recovering man, but when he did get an answer, the Zeltivan couldn't help but chuckle at the response. Gale knew the feeling all too well to be stuck in behind these walls. Then again, he wasn't the one in the bed and needing to say. Hana was, but there was no chance he would have left unless he needed too. So all in all, the Infirmary had the reputation of a prison to Gale, so Ricky's response about the stiff, stone walls made more than perfect sense. "Can't get past that feeling now can you?" He chuckled again. You have to keep the mood light, no?

After eying the bandages around Ricky's shoulder, the man flashed a grin at Telion who sat on the opposing side of the bed. As if on cue, she explained what the nurses said which also made Gale laugh. "So petching kidding!" Now, normally Gale thought better than to cuss around a woman, but he didn't give a petch at this moment, for the amount of relief that consumed Gale simply overtook his will to be 'proper'. Though he was sure Telion and Ricky would understand. At least he hoped. "I doubt I would get any sleep either if I were you."

But with that said, the widower looked for another seat in the room so he wasn't standing over his friend, but as fate would have it, the only chair in the room was likely already claimed by Telion. But he didn't mind for it wasn't a big deal.

"I actually wanted t' speak with ya mate."

"You did?" Gale instantly turned back to the bear, unsure of what he meant. Was he about to go into that whole 'my life flashed before my eyes and I want to tell how much I appreciate you' type of deal? Because if he was, it wasn't worth the breath. Gale already knew that Ricky appreciated the help for that's just the type of person Ricky was. He didn't need to waste time in going into an in-depth explanation of how much he appreciated him as a friend. Because when you're as good of friends as these two, you already know that about the other so you know your feelings are mutual.

Ricky then started to sit up, and the agony that shot through his face made Gale want to cringe. He frowned sternly and his eyes squinted as if it would help it not seem as painful. But the event was over quickly and Ricky started what Gale figured he wished to say.

Apologize? For what exactly? The murderer couldn't wrap his head around what exactly Ricky was sorry about. Gale wasn't harmed in any way and it wasn't like anything Ricky did was a mistake.The artist got down on his knees and leaned against the side of the bed, that way their eyes were at a more even level and Ricky didn't have to strain his neck looking up at him. Which, as it appears, Ricky took advantage of, for once he did so, Ricky kept stern eye contact with him. Gale listened carefully, curious to hear the rest of what Ricky wished to say.

"I know ya helped saved Telion, and kept her safe when Tallis and Hannah came f'r me. F'r that no amount o' gratitude's 'nough t' show me appreciate, but at the same time. Puttin' ya in that kind o' danger when I coulda stopped it... I'm sorry mate."

Gale couldn't help but smile at this... apology. He always found it funny when people apologized for things they had no control over. 'Sorry that some guys who I fought a while ago decided to come back and kill me'. Pfft, more like 'Sorry I can't control people's mind and end all crime in the world".

After a brief chuckle, Gale shook his head," I do not know what you are sorry for Richard. It would have happened no matter what you did and I would have gotten involved one way or another. I am just glad I got involved when I did and that both of you are safe. You cannot be sorry for that." He gave Ricky a reassuring smile that he hoped would clear up the man's confusion expression within his eyes.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2014, 3:16 am

Even if the humor hid the gravity of seriousness Ricky couldn’t resist the slight laugh in Gale’s remark to being cooped up in this room, the mood already started to seem less sour now that his close friend had finally come to see him in this… mess. In Ricky’s terms this was more so a despicable time for him really, considering it was him who had to rest up when trouble still lurked in the city. Sure enough the mood the artist held was rubbing off on the two of them already, even if the fisherman had to tolerate the sleep terrors he had after the close call he lived through. But the time to get serious was in order and with that Ricky made sure to be straightforward in regards to his apology with Gale, although it was already to be expected knowing him well enough. Ricky hated to bring people, friends included, into things that only seemed trouble to them. Yet the speech seem to unroll far differently than Ricky imagined it to, considering he believed Gale would be more humble with accepting the apology. Yet the words the artist put into call not only brought a different perspective to Ricky’s mind, it reassured him that the decision both he and Telion had made was all the more the right one.

"Aye, and Oi’m actually glad ye were dere too. Even if Oi defer t’ keepin’ ya outta such triflin’ matters." He admitted with a bit of a smile on his face, the chuckle Gale gave returned with one of his own. Ricky then looked to Telion and held her hand dearly before he continued with the next part of the speech, knowing well that this was something both knew would affect Gale greatly. "We’ve actually talked ‘bout it on an’ off some," He looked to Gale once more as he started their shared conversation, "which is why we’ve come t’ agree on somet’in toget’er." As he said this he did so with a rather wide smile, even if he still had a small amount of painful itching over his abdomen area.

"We thought talked it out finally and agreed that, when the baby is born we would like you to be the Godfather." Telion finished as was prior to her part in the speech; it wouldn’t be much of a shared conversation after all if she wasn’t involved. Both she and Ricky both were excited to share the news with Gale, thus it made Ricky all the more eager to watch at how Gale reacted to such a request. Yes that’s correct. It was a request from the two but all the same something they’d hope he wouldn’t refuse, considering he no doubt deserved to be recognized as such a guardian of their little one. For Ricky believed that if Gale was just as capable of keeping his beloved Telion safe from danger, then sure enough his own child would be safe with the artist should such responsibility actually fall onto his shoulders. In this case they would indefinitely as was such the honorable role of Godfather, thus both parents felt he’d deserved it all the same.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 16th, 2014, 2:51 am

Common Vani Nari
Gale continued to smile at his friend, seeing as Ricky hadn't changed one bit, despite this entire situation. He was still his old, protective and friendly self, and Gale was more than content to see that he was going to be fine, not only physically, but also emotionally. Most people, given that when something so traumatizing happens, usually retreat into their shells and become a much quieter version of themselves. It was nice to see that Ricky wasn't taking that route.

"Do you think I would have wanted for anyone to be in that situation?" He gave another laugh, though the idea of his comment was serious. Gale wasn't fond of being besides a hospital bed, or being away from the one's he loves when they are suffering. Of course he wouldn't want Ricky and Telion to be in this situation and of course he didn't want to be in this situation. But if it wasn't them, then it would have been someone else, and Gale didn't want anyone in that situation at all. The artist smiled at the two after they started to hold hands, having looked at each other briefly and with so much tenderness.

It was remarkably similar to a previous event he had been in nearly ten years ago. Back when he was sitting in Telion's seat and he was holding Hana's hand as each day she got extraordinarily weaker. She was just as positive as Ricky was, always finding an excuse to smile and laugh. She even would apologize for ridiculous things she had no control over, just like Ricky. It was strange.

Gale's smile seemed to slowly diminish into a faint smirk, the memory of his wife having made his eyes water. He blinked the away though and brought back the smile quickly, bringing his attention back to what Ricky was saying. Talked about what for some time? Did he miss something? Gale cocked his head to the side slightly with a questioning look. What where they talking about?

"...we would like you to be the Godfather."

Gale blinked blankly, his face and smile frozen as if he was stuck in the previous few ticks. He blinked once more then his eyes widened and his smile vanished. "Wait- what?!"He questioned. They wanted him to be the what? His face was caked with astonishment. But that soon flipped as well as an even wider grin came across his face as,"You did not just say that!" Gale shouted a little louder than he intended. He did so while his hands gripped the side of the bed. They wanted him to be the Godfather?! No petching way!! "Please tell me you did not just say that!" Of course, when Gale said this, he didn't intend for it to mean that he wasn't interested, he was just too excited, and slightly confused to even know what he was saying. It was more of a clarification, really. Like asking for them to say it again, in a way without actually asking them to repeat what they said. He had no idea but Gale didn't care, he couldn't wipe the smile off his face or hold down the bubbly feeling he had to even think straight. .
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Ricky Maze on April 17th, 2014, 6:42 pm

Gale's reaction to the idea was all the more exciting and at the same time amusing for the couple to see as the smile lit up his face, the need for clarification provided upon the repeat of the previous statement from before. "We wanna make ya Godfat'er o' our child mate." Ricky said it with a little more enthusiasm in his voice now compared to earlier, mind more or less distracted from his discomfort now that something good seemed to develop out of their little endeavor.

"When our baby is born ye'll be one we wanna look to as we raise 'em. So we figured after all dat ye been t'rough with us... ye should be Godfat'er o' de child." He gave a smile of ease with a bit of joy present as well, pleased to know that not only did Gale likely accepted but reacted in such a memorable manner about it. Odds were the artist didn't expect it to come, yet all the same it did because he earned it. In Ricky's own terms he had a right to the title all the same, and he felt sure that after what he'd done for Telion while danger threatened them all, that Gale would be just as likely able to take care of their child in turn.

"So what do you say?" Telion quirked with a grin even though she already knew what Gale's answer would be. [/color=#00BFFF]"Would you be the Godfather of our child, and be a part of our family in turn?"[/color] She held Ricky's hand with sincere eyes casted to him and then back to Gale upon finishing her question, Ricky of course chuckled deeply as he watched to see how Gale would answer their proposal.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 27th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Common Vani Nari
Gale let go of the side of the bed frame, almost pushing off it as he sat on top of his legs and ran his hands through his curly hair. "Oh my Goddess." He muttered to the air. His hands clutched large handfuls of his blonde locks, his grin not deterring even for a tick. His eyes were bright with joy and it was almost as if he glowed luminously from such. A look that neither Telion nor Ricky have seen from the artist, and rarely seen a fraction of such.

"O-Of course! I- I don't know why I wou-" Gale stuttered and eventually his words turned into sputtered 'pfft'. His hands let go of his hair and slid down his face and falling down to his thighs. He ended up hunching over like this and took several deep breaths as his mind tried to comprehend the magnitude of the request.

Godfather. Wow. They wanted him to be the Godfather. That's... Wow. An overwhelming feeling of honour came over the widower, along with another wave of shock. Despite his inconsistencies and trouble. Despite all that, they want him to be the Godfather.

Gale's eyes had started to water, but after blinking a few times and taking one last deep breath, he sat up straight with the same giddy smile,"Sorry, I'm just having a hard time even thinking." He told them with enthusiasm and even some surprise. "Yes, of course I will be the Godfather." His voice wavered slightly, but he didn't stutter like before. He locked eyes with Ricky for a few ticks, as if it was a way of confirming his decision, then he did the same with Telion.

For a few ticks after such, it looked as if Gale had settled down, having sat there without a noise for a few ticks. But this quickly changed as Gale started to laughed, dropping his head in his hands.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Ricky Maze on April 28th, 2014, 10:57 pm

With Gale's reaction the only thing to watch both Ricky and Telion couldn't help but laugh, although Ricky more or less laughed with a tinge of pain on his face since his abdomen moved in the process. Nevertheless the words the arist said were pure and genuine, the way he felt a clear sign on his face as he tried to find the words he wanted to share. But of course his words weren't there, or rather were jumbled because he was ecstatic about the whole thing.

It was a great reaction of course! One Ricky and Telion both hoped for actually seeing as how it was a huge role to adopt, yet they never took into measure the magnitude of it thus found themselves all the more glad that they did offer it to Gale. They loved it. They loved the smile and joy it gave the artist, the wonder in his eyes a signature to the very meaning that Ricky looked to find in all this. Family. Where there was family there was home, and where there was home there was love, and then of course where there was love... there was hope. Gale certainly needed these things in his life, being the loner he was this certainly meant more than a great deal to him. It held a powerful meaning no mere word could describe.

Just as Ricky's becoming a father was the same, a feeling with no true word to describe it. Such a mystery was something the fisherman contemplated on but never found any answer to, so instead he didn't dwell on the mystery but rather took it in as a sign that he felt completion for the first time. A feeling that was rare in Ricky's life, almost never felt actually up until now. How was it alike to the feeling Gale had now? Because it gave one a sense of purpose, but not necessarily that... a more actual feeling of belonging somewhere. Being an important part of something so hard to find, yet so beautiful to come across in one's own lifetime.

"Then it's settled." Telion noted with a giggle and bright smile on her face, a look to Ricky took place before the two of them returned their eyes to Gale.

"By me word t'en Oi welcome ya as a Maze, even if ye're not o' blood kin ye're someone Oi'd consider family all the same. So welcome t' our growin' family Gale M'Cenry." Ricky finished with a prideful grin upon his face. There would be small celebrations and talk about future plans between them and the coming little one that was on the way, all the while they enjoyed the company of the new Godfather in the family. Gale McCenry. The lonely artist who became a sort of brother to one man, one simple fisherman who struggled in his daily life struggles. To accept his role was to very well accept the coming challenges of tomorrow, as the future was always never certain in terms of what may come. However Ricky and Telion felt ready and proud with their choice, for they strongly believed that, with a passion, Gale would certainly live up to his role as an important figure in their child's life.

oocOkay so that wraps up my part of the thread, if you wish to you can go ahead and post a wrap up of your own. :) If not then pm me and I'll go ahead and turn our thread in for grading. GREAT work by the way! Loved every second of reading it.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A Friendly Visitation

Postby Fractale on June 8th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Ricky Maze :
Skills

Lores
Telion: A Comforting Presence
I Love You: Simple Words With Great Meaning
Gale: There For Me Time And Again
Recovering From A Wound: Best To Rest
Gale: A True Friend
Gale: Part Of The Family
Sucks To Be On The Pointy End Of A Cutlass
Gale: Infectious Moods
Gale Deserves To Be A Godfather
Trusting Gale With My Child's Future
Giving Gale Hope And Joy
Becoming A Father: Indescribable
Belonging: A Beautiful Feeling

Loots
Money
Equipment
ETC.

Gale McCenry :
Skills
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +3 XP

Lores
Dogs: Once Loved Now Scorned
My Life: A String Of Tragedy
Infirmary: Feels Like A Prison Some Days
Cussing: Impolite Round Womenfolk
Ricky: Caring and Appreciative
Don't Apologize For What You Don't Have Control Over
Ricky Has Inner Strength
Hana Used To Apologize Too
Becoming A Godfather
A Bright Moment Breaking The Chain Of Tragedy
Gale: An Honorary Maze!

Loots
Money
Equipment
ETC.

It would be highly appreciated if you could edit your post in the Grade Request Thread to acknowledge that it has been graded.

If there are any questions or concerns send a PM my way and we'll do what we can to work it out. :)

Modded Threads: 0/3

The avatar is a mixture of both the MC from the anime Fractale and a fractal as a background for those interested.
Fractale
Retired Staff

Words: 7968
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2014, 10:36 pm
Race: Staff account