Child's Play (Vitru, Jilitse, Ora, Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Vitru on July 26th, 2010, 10:53 pm

20th of Summer, 510 AV

Vitru knew he needed to devote the next few days toying with his newest gadget. He had taken the inspiration from a young child in the Bazaar clinging to his mother's skirts earlier that evening. The child's free hand was hanging listlessly at his side as the mother pulled the boy through the bustling market. As people watching had fast become a favorite pastime for the diminutive Pycon, it was no surprise that Vitru was noticed by the boy while he was seated atop one of the many canopied stalls along the open-air portion of the marketplace.

Vitru had tossed a jaunty wave to the boy when their eyes had met, and the boy was forced to blink rapidly against the late afternoon sun. Upon comprehending the gesture, the boy attempted a wave and Vitru's eyes were drawn to the small doll in the child's hand. Amidst the bumping of other hurried customers and the insistent tugging of his mother, the simple figurine broke at the shoulder and fell to the merciless trampling of the after-work shoppers. The last sight which Vitru caught of the boy was of him stoically blinking back tears as he imagined his toy now lost to the fates and to end it's simple existence unloved and uncherished.

Tonight, later that same evening, Vitru felt compelled to return to the market as the crowds dissipated to retrieve the lifeless doll. He had been impressed with the urge to give the toy a new life. He had been impressed by the child's possessiveness and mourning at the loss of his favored plaything, and the tear filled and red rimmed eyes had impressed themselves into Vitru's nexus. The intervening hours were spent alone in Vitru's small office, as he frantically drew up plans for the supposedly simple modification. He had the parts to spare, he just needed a way to get the doll back home with him.

So it was that the inquisitive little Pycon found his way back through the streets to the Bazaar, his trusted Py-pole in hand. He had affixed his Py-string to the end of his pole, such that he might tow the doll home with him through the now much emptier streets. And by some stroke of miraculous luck, the doll had been spared any serious damage and the churning feet earlier that day had pushed it aside and up against the walls of the fortress. An hour's more searching yielded the severed arm, and the Pycon began his triumphant journey back towards the Ironworks, and his office. A curious set of feelings earlier that day turned into an curious sight to behold should any on-lookers catch the tiny Pycon trudging along the darkening streets dragging a doll behind on a string, a severed arm bent over and across his shoulder.
Last edited by Vitru on July 28th, 2010, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no shame in not knowing, the shame lies in not finding out.
Vitru
Player

Words: 11582
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2010, 6:40 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Child's Play (Vitru, Open)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 28th, 2010, 6:47 am

Ora had spent most of her day in the Bazaar and was beginning to feel it wear on her. With sleepy eyes she took the few items she bought and began to head home. She had gone to the bazaar to acquire things she would need once she left Sylira and began to travel. Most specifically when she left for Riverfall.

Most of the things she bought fit into her burlap sack. The water skin, some flint and steel, a small two person tent and a bedroll. While there would still be things she would need, for a moment, she didn't need to worry. Her plan was to remain in Sylira till the end of the season then begin her travels. It pained her to think of leaving the people she had already met, but she knew it was what her Goddess wanted, and that was most important.

As the young woman walked, her sack was heavy, giving her an odd hunched over shape. Her eyes scanned her surroundings, enjoying the sounds of night falling across the city. Her movements were slow a methodical, a small, almost private, smile graced her face.

As the Konti walked through the emptying bazaar she caught something out of the corner of her eye. A small thing, moving slowly, like a leaf skittering across the ground with little to no sound. Her face turned and her pace slowed as she looked at the small movement. A curious site unfolded before her. A tiny man, a statue, moved, precisely, he walked. Along with him was a lifeless doll, an arm was missing, but the missing arm was carefully slung over the living statues shoulder.

Ora stopped walking for a moment, her eyes locked on the small creature and doll. Never before in her young life had she seen something so... Odd. Ora had seen many things, but never a moving statue. Slowly, the Konti followed the small clay man, her figure was bent over on purpose now as she tried to get a better look at him.

"Excuse me?" Ora said quietly once she was but a few steps from crushing him.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jilitse on July 28th, 2010, 7:34 am

Jilitse went out for the evening, wandering in the Bazaar. It was past the time to shop, but she did not really intend to. She just wanted to roam when the sun was about to set, because then she wouldn't need be so conspicuous. She had her cloak about her, hood pulled away from her face. It was hardly obvious that she was a nuit when the night fell, save for those with an eye for pallid skin, greying tongue and watchful eyes. Jilitse knew her way around most shops in Syliras, part of running errands for Sahova for the past few years.

She walked slowly in one of the quiet streets, keeping the places and faces embedded into her perfect memory. The nuits had a talent for remembering, and it was well used for things that are both important and necessary. Jil found herself across a Konti who seemed a little bit distraught, bent over talking to nobody at all. At least that's what Jilitse thought, until she spotted the little Pycon carrying a broken doll. She squinted, frowned, and crossed the Pycon's path. A Pycon in Syliras, of all places. It was her fourth time to meet one.

She hindered the Pycon from moving forward, and eyed the Konti who was attempting to start a conversation with the little clay man. A Pycon and Konti in the same street as a Nuit made for an odd trio, but whatever was happening, the ever curious Jilitse wanted to find out, too.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Vitru on July 28th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Vitru had been plodding along for quite some time now, and progress was slow. Dragging his burden behind him allowed him no use of his Py-pole to spring along at a faster pace, so the distance he must travel would take him well on into the night.

Vitru heard the sound of footsteps behind him, but initially disregarded them, as a few souls still were out in the streets besides himself. The slowing gate, and then the nearing sounds of breathing informed him that someone was indeed approaching him, and he turned to see who it could be. Living the life of the recluse, who could be looking for It? He thought as he turned. Upon the sight of a curious hunched human approaching him, he stopped and allowed her to come closer.

This strange pale human now loomed over him, an non-threatening giant clearly tinged with curiosity. Strange, and It had come to learn Pycon frequent this city. Ora came to a stop a few steps from him and spoke, pulling him from his silent reverie.

He was about to reply when movement from ahead on his path caught his attention. Another giantess was a distance away along the quiet street simply observing him. He held the severed arm up almost like an extension of his own and waved it for but a moment and returned his attention to the pale one. "Yes, mistress? Can It be of service to you?" A rich booming voice cascaded from the figurine's mouth, far too deep for his diminutive state, reminiscent of the echoing falls of an Isurian hammer in the Ironworks as it shaped metal into unique and fascinating shapes.

Few humans took notice of a Pycon it had seemed in the past few months, and this curious little thing aroused much interest in the statue, as much for his own lust for adventure as for the drastic contrast from his last group of friends? Yes, that was the right word Vitru thought as he recalled the group of men that brought him here to Syliras.
Vitru
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 28th, 2010, 5:00 pm

A smile crossed the Konti's face as the small Pycon waved with the dolls severed arm. Her eyes looked over him, was this the work of magic or was this small thing a living creature? Either way, Ora found him to be quite a compelling creature. Her violet eyes turned to see what he was waving to and her eyes landed on a beautiful, but oddly dark woman. Her eyes watched the woman appear to float slowly towards them.

Ora felt a chill run down her spine when the woman's eyes landed on her own. Ora looked into her face, a smooth, beautiful face. The young Konti smiled at the woman before looking back down at the small, strange, clay man.

As the small creature turned to look back at Ora he began to speak. His voice caused the Konti to jump slightly, for such a small creature, his voice was deeper than most men she met. Her eyes widened slightly as her spoke to her in an odd manner. "Mistress?" Ora stated, more to her self than to the small man. "No, I do not own you, small one. I am Ora Sa'vina. What is your name?" She smiled at the man, bowing her head slightly in greeting. "I am not sure if I could use your help at the moment, but I was wondering if you would like some help with your," She motioned to the lifeless doll, "Friend."
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jilitse on July 29th, 2010, 2:35 am

Jilitse slid closer to the Pycon quietly. She was almost black as the night, if only her pallid face did not reveal her true race. The Nuit found the Konti interesting, too. Tonight was one of the occasions where she get to meet one alive, neither a corpse nor a subject of experiment. She inspected the Konti and the Pycon and wondered if her presence would make any difference. The Pycon insterested her more, of course, there was a lot about the race that was still unknown to her.

Crouching ever so slowly and gracefully, she extended out a cold hand to the clay figure, "What would a little Pycon like you do with a broken doll?" She continued icily, "May I have the honor to, perhaps, talk with you? That is, if it would not be such a burden." Having lived since Alahea, Jilitse knew that the Pycon were created by the treacherous Rupert Pycon. Beyond that, she only knew that most of the clay figures have a penchant for wanderlust, or at least the ones she's come across with. Making sure that the Pycon would favor her request, "I have met your kind before, but they were brief, and I had since then wished I had tried to learn more about you. I hope you would not deny the opportunity for an acquaintance, for I have my own stories of adventure to tell." Hopefully that would get their conversation started. "If I could be of any help, let me know so?"

"My name is Jilitse," she introduced herself to the Pycon before the Konti, who had already said her name. "I am a Nuit." And then a very eerie smile.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Vitru on July 29th, 2010, 2:57 am

The little Pycon scratched his head in brief bewilderment at the Konti's references to friendship. "It does not understand, Mistress Sa'vina. It is not Ora's friend. Ora and It do not use each other to accomplish goals. Do you have a purpose?"

The clay man paused for a moment, as though lost in thought at the mention of names, what with the stillness of his posture any other passerby might assume he was in fact just a statue, as lifeless as the doll behind him. During this brief reverie the Nuit had stepped closer and herself asked about names.

Names... these tall ones have such a penchant for naming themselves...

Snapping from his thoughtfulness, Vitru stepped back so that he was not in between both of the comically hunched over humanoids and could address both without having to turn this way or that. "It is generally called It." He says matter of factly, as though that should end the subject. He points to the doll with its own broken arm, "the doll has broken, it no longer brings happiness to its friend. It must repair the doll if it is to achieve its purpose." The lack of distinction when referring to the doll as opposed to himself seems to not phase the little Pycon at all. "If It can, It will repair the doll, and bring it closer to its purpose once It can return it to the workshop."

His dull, lifeless eyes seem to spark at the mention of stories and he turns to directly face Jilitse. "It has heard of the Nuit, but has never met one. It assumes by reputation that Jilitse is not Jilitse's first life? It has assumed Nuit were not unlike Itself." In a curious turn of phrase, Vitru seems to refer to the Nuit and the Konti in the third person.

At the mention of assistance, the Pycon consults with himself before concluding that a ride on the taller ones and a series of adventurous tales may indeed help kindle his creative genius so that plans for his gadget can be drawn up successfully. "It accepts Jilitse's request. It can travel much faster with longer legs." As if to emphasize the point, rather than shaking Jilitise's hand, the diminutive Pycon steps onto it, and hefts his belongings up onto his shoulder.

While waiting to get underway, Vitru turns to the inquisitive Konti. "If Mistress Sa'vina wishes to hear or share tales of adventure, It would happily welcome Ora to Its home, although it may be cramped."

He turns his gaze back to Jilitse. "It resides in a small office near the Ironworks. It can give directions if Jilitse needs them." With that, he settles cross-legged down onto the palm of her hand, and dangles the doll off the end as if it were some sort of macabre fishing catch.
Vitru
Player

Character sheet

Postby Jilitse on July 29th, 2010, 10:19 am

"I apologize for snatching your conversation, Ora." Jilitse bowed, but did not sound apologetic, "I would like to share and hear tales about the Pycon, and it seems like you are free to join. If you are the kind who would not be bothered by an undead," and in this her eyes maliciously gleamed, "nor be too puzzled by a Pycon, maybe you could come along?" Having the Konti along would be a bonus, she would like to ask a lot of things about the daughters of Laviku, too. They are gifted and talented women, whose magical powers and prowess have only appeared after the Valterrian. They were also one of the favorite topics and subjects for research in Sahova. Some could get nasty, Jilitse remembered. But of course, Ora would need not know the gruesome parts.

Another reason why Jilitse had bothered to communicate with the Pycon, is that the nuit had a fancy for repairing broken stuff. She worked with golems in Sahova, and have found the non-mechanical life in Syliras too inactive for her taste. The nuit could relate to the Pycon's concern to repair the doll, for there she had endless years of repairing and creating golems in Sahova. She did not bother to gloat or boast about her own talent at metalsmithing and gadgeteering which may both come in handy, but made a mental note to offer help later. Maybe she could even offer to animate the doll. Oh, she could, could she not?

"It is a pleasure then, to be It's first nuit acquaintance." She nodded and passed by the Pycon's other questions. She was a little surprised when the Pycon clambered up her hard, the expression slowly manifesting on her face. It was pure puzzlement, a bit less polite than she had intended to.

She straightened gently, cupping her hands to support It. The nuit had a balmy fluid motion as she moved, stoic enough to provide It a comfortable space to stay within her hands.

"Lead the way." She whispered to the Pycon in her hands. Jilitse knew where the Ironworks was in Syliras, but had never actually been there. Who knows, maybe she could even learn new things and benefit from this meeting. She stared ahead, resisting the urge to poke the Pycon and start examining its material composition. She tried to concentrate at the thought of repairing the broken doll, until her mind emptied, allowing only for the Pycon's instructions to steer her movements.
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei

Jilitse

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on July 29th, 2010, 6:23 pm

The young woman wore an expression of bewilderment to the Pycon. "I am sorry if I offended you, I was referring to your doll, not myself." The second part of what he spoke upset the young woman slightly. It was a wonderful question, and an awful one as well, for Ora did not know if she had a purpose, and thus, she decided to avoid answering the question.

At the mention of his name, Ora frowned slightly. No name? How can a person be given no name and only referred to as an object? The young woman decided not to prod further for it was not her place to interrogate anyone.

Bright violet eyes moved to the woman next to her, it seemed almost surprising what a difference the two woman were standing across from each other, Jilitse was dark as night while Ora was bright like freshly fallen snow. Ora had never met a Nuit, and had only heard of them in passing, the mention of "first lives" confused and intrigued the woman.

Ora watched the small man climb onto Jilitse's hand, hefting the doll with him. It was a peculiar sight to see for the woman, while she had met several interesting people, they had all seemingly been human, and while Jilitse seemed human it was obvious that she was anything but an ordinary human.

Ora smiled at the odd woman and shook her head. "No need to apologize, I prefer to listen and observe than speak." Her eyes looked down at the Pycon for but a moment before returning to the Nuit woman. While her tone sent chills down Ora's spine and her eyes made the young woman doubly uncomfortable, she couldn't help but feel an urge to learn about who, and of course what, she was. "It would be an honor to accompany the both of you, I would love to hear tales, as long as I am not a bother."

The young woman hefted her bag up again, readying herself to follow her strange night-time companions. The young woman remembered a short mention from her mother of the Nuit. "Strange creatures, they are apparently and technically dead, yet at the same time they possess a life of their own, I only met one in passing, and that short period was more than enough for me to know I never wanted to see one again." Ora hoped her encounter would be much more pleasing than her mothers.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vitru on August 1st, 2010, 11:23 pm

The Pycon, perched stoically on Jilitse's outstretched hand, began to point out the passages and shortcuts he would normally take to arrive at his home. Sometimes the route would be circuitous as some nooks and crannies were of an appropriate size only for a Pycon to traverse, meaning the taller humanoids were forced to trod more mundane pathways.

"It is certainly most honored to have Jilitse and Ora accompany It back to Its home. The help is welcome, as even with Its normal routes Its stride is much shorter than Jilitse's long legs."

As the small group approached the Ironworks, Vitru regaled the two women with his tale from earlier that day. He spoke of the small boy with his tiny hands wrenched into fists as he fought back tears at losing his favorite plaything, the faceless and uncaring mother continuing to drag the child onward despite protestations to the contrary. Vitru's story came to a close just as they arrived at his office, "It assumes that reattaching the arm should be no trouble. But It wishes to add more to the doll, to make it closer to the boy who loved it so."

Leaping spryly from Jilitse's hand, Vitru worked a small but intricate series of locking mechanisms and the door opened on well oiled and silent hinges. As they entered, he directed Ora to light the hearth, which appeared as though brand new, the Pycon having no need for it, and instead purchased it as an afterthought to his nonexistent customers. "It plans to place some gears here," he motions to the head of the doll now laying on his solitary work table, "to afford the doll the ability to blink, at the turn of a crank which would be just outside the rear of the skull." He looks from Jilitse to Ora as though seeking approval for his idea. "With Harameus's help, It hopes to then return the doll to its owner. It would be quite pleased to see the child's face light up in startling opposition to this afternoon."

With an agile flick of his Py-pole, Vitru lands along the lower of two shelves hung along a side wall, which also contains a veritable Pycon living space, a Pycon sized bed and chair, among other things. The spike on the py-pole can now clearly be seen as the explanation for numerous small pockmarks in various spots within the office. It can be seen that Vitru remains highly mobile through the use of his invaluable tool. He dangles his legs off the shelf and cups his hand to his chin in anticipation as he glances at the two women. "Now then, It is curious to hear Jilitse's and Ora's tales of adventures." He looks directly at Jilitse, as though searching for answers to unasked questions. "Tell It of your journeys, if Jilitse pleases?"
Vitru
Player

Character sheet

Next