OOC Info [Avanthal] Trails in the Northern Skies

Come in, say hi, and introduce yourself in the OOC thread!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Avanthal] Trails in the Northern Skies

Postby Noblesse on September 1st, 2013, 7:24 pm

Welcome to Avanthal, the Everwinter city of the Aurora! Shrouded in frost and snow all year long, this icy city is home to the goddess of winter, the benevolent Morwen, and her lovely children, the hardy and ingenious Vantha. Avanthal is well-known for its beautiful icestone architectures, Icewatch's Dire Polar Bears, and especially its artistic citizens who have a flair for the dramatic. In Avanthal, you will never run out of stories to tell for the wintry city is blessed with a rich history and culture. And of course, the Vantha are always coming up with more tales to tell with each passing day in the frozen North...

Please use this thread to chat with fellow players and get to know one another. This is the place where players can exchange ideas and come up with cool suggestions as well. Questions are very much welcome here too, whether they are for PCs or Avanthal Storytellers to answer. This is also where new updates to the city are going to be posted so it is strongly recommended to subscribe to this thread!
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Noblesse on September 1st, 2013, 7:53 pm

Hello to my frosty Avanthal lovelies!

I've decided to make a new OOC thread since our last one has gone so long and was beginning to get cluttered. The header font was taken from the very first OOC thread courtesy of the lovely Goss. For those who want the link to the previous OOC threads, they can be found here and here.

By the way, we are now officially in Fall 513 AV! All threads created should now be timestamped for the season of Fall, excluding flashbacks of course. Please don't forget to deduct your living expenses for the past season from your ledgers. Remember, PCs with character sheets that are not up-to-date will not be graded! If you are having difficulties with your living expenses, send me a PM so we can talk about it. The new seasonal calendar will be coming some time this week, so just stay tuned!

To those who have not yet come to me with their requests for Summer's wages, please know that I am waiting for your PMs. For the sake of those who missed my previous announcement, I will repeat: Job threads do not need to be graded, completed, or even submitted for grading. Nor does it need to be solely solos. As long as we see your character performing their work, they'll qualify as job threads. However, we will not accept lazily written, single post threads so make sure to put in some effort in them too.

On another note, I just can't believe that we are still together for another season. I feel so honored that I'm still able to be with the awesome players of Avanthal, both the newcomers and the seniors, and it has been a joy to plot stories and new ideas with everyone. I can't wait to write with you all for more days to come!
b
Noblesse

Office

Postby Meville Brightshade on September 5th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Oh! Haha, thanks for clarifying that, Noblesse. XD I should PM with a list of the threads where Mev is either working or refers to such, yes?

And as far as everything else... I'm really looking forward to writing here for this season! Hopefully we'll all have another great couple of months writing and growing together. :)
Meville Brightshade
Player

Words: 287257
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 3:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Noblesse on September 7th, 2013, 8:46 pm

ImageLulls~
Alright guys, right now you're probably thinking, "Oh my glob, Noblesse is so slow that an icicle forms faster than she can reply to anything!" I'm really very sorry for taking so long to replying to the wonderful people who I owe threads, to those awesome folks who are contributing to our beloved city's development, and to the patient ones who have been waiting for their grades amidst the four-page long requests. I am fresh out of two exams and currently reviewing for another scheduled next week. I'm not going to go into further detail about my uni life, but I hope you understand why I can't get to your requests right away.

And in relation to that, if I haven't replied to a PM, request, anything of import, please please please nudge me about it! More likely than not your PM is buried under pages of recent ones that came with season change, and it takes a lot of time just to figure out which ones I've already replied to and which ones I haven't. I'm trying to remember if I missed someone but with things as they are now irl, I most likely won't be remembering anytime soon. :p
L
Noblesse

Office

Postby Lullaby on September 8th, 2013, 2:57 am

Hey, my lovely little snowflakes! Your little song drifting through for just a couple notes. C:

Since Noblesse is so busy, I will try my hardest-est to grade as much as I can and help, though school is starting up for me as well, so time has shrunk down to minimal figures. :C You guys are so awesome for being so patient!

Also, on a way more exciting note! This season there is a modded adventure! Blesse and I decided to run exciting, riveting, and fantastical, Frostfawn hunts! Some kinks still need to be worked out, but we would love love love to hear who is interested - absolutely no experience needed! You can be a newbie, and we will welcome you with open arms! The rewards are great, and we'll decide groups and such based on the response I get. So! Please, if you are interested, even if you think your character wouldn't be up for it, it's a great chance to expand their frosty wings! Just shoot me, Lulls, a message, and I will keep it all in recordings!

Happy writing guys, stay frosty!
b

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Office

Postby Zisien on September 8th, 2013, 3:32 am

Hi hi Lullaby,
any chance of getting the calendar for the season soon? Dont mean to rush just hard for me to come up with anything to rp with people without it >_<. Yay for being a newb! But the nodded quest sounds fun and Zisien would be interested to go :D
Vani | Common | Bear
Zisien
Apprentice Icewatch Guard

Words: 38523
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sophia Snowsong on September 8th, 2013, 7:31 am

Hi guys,
I also am a newb, "yay newbies!" I also am a rookie writer, realising that storywriting and newswriting are two different things, so please bear with my posts..
That modded quest seems nice. Though I have time to spare, I dont think my PC can even survive an hour outside the walls. So, break a leg guys!
"Don't even try to eat me. I'm Full of sugar."
Vani|Common|Monologue|Others
Sophia Snowsong
Vantha Flutist

Words: 15078
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zisien on September 8th, 2013, 8:28 am

You would be in good hands if you went Sophia, I'm sure lullaby wouldn't let you get eaten by a sabertooth or something D:

so come on down! :D
Vani | Common | Bear
Zisien
Apprentice Icewatch Guard

Words: 38523
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sophia Snowsong on September 8th, 2013, 9:12 am

Okay, I will be doing that. I wonder what a musician will do in a hunt :)
Thank you.
"Don't even try to eat me. I'm Full of sugar."
Vani|Common|Monologue|Others
Sophia Snowsong
Vantha Flutist

Words: 15078
Joined roleplay: August 30th, 2013, 3:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lullaby on September 8th, 2013, 12:09 pm

Zisien, hey! Just to answer your question, though Blesse runs Avanthal, Verilian helps us oversee a few aspects that must be domain-storyteller approved, he's kind of like our guardian for the time being. That being said, we are just awaiting his thumbs up for Blesse's calendar before we can post it. :) as a DS and RS, V can get really busy, so just give him a bit of time and I am sure we will have it up soon. ^_^

Lullaby
Sweet song, sweet dreams

Words: 104298
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2013, 4:01 pm
Office

Next