Completed [Fighter Pit]Just a Friendly Spar?

Sei heads to The Fighter pit for a quick match. Any Takers?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighter Pit]Just a Friendly Spar?

Postby Sei Tendo on September 1st, 2013, 7:48 pm

TP:1st of Fall, 513AV

Sei was walking through the crowded streets of Syliras, the cooler air was great. He waved at passerby, and continued down the path. It was fall, and he was still thinking about the adventure he'd be going on soon. He was locked in his thoughts, and almost ran into a door. He shook his head, and continued his thoughts, looking up every one and awhile to check his path. He turned down into an alley, and breezed through it. Somewhere near the twentieth, he was taking a trip with someone important, and he wanted to get as strong as possible before then. As he walked out of the alley, he looked up to see his favorite place.

He took a few steps forward, and looked at the Fighter Pit. The ground was rough, but there was lots of space to move around. There were benches for people to watch matches, but they were usually standing in crowds instead of using them. He ran over to the pit and breathed in. The atmosphere here was always tense. It exhilarated him. He removed his equipment, and placing them on the bench, he waited for someone to stop. He could feel the breeze every now and again, and he was excited by the tension in the air.

He jabbed at the air, and waited for a challenger.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 11th, 2013, 6:57 pm

The cool wind that had fallen upon Syliras was something of a welcome reprieve from the sometimes overbearing heat of summer. With little more to do with his time, the hunter had decided to visit the Fighter's Pit; the training would help him on his way. He strolled into the pit, only feeling slightly tense; his skill in arms was nothing to boast about. His mood lightened somewhat when he spotted a familiar figure making his own way into the pit; Sei - the hunter recognized the Kelvic's black mane of hair. As he watched the Kelvic stepped forward and raised his hand in the air; a demand for a challenge.

With Sei right before him Roderick decided that challenging someone else would be a fool's move. He had one of his knives on hand - his longbow too, as usual. There was no need for them, though - Sei fought with his bare hands. With no need for it Roderick undid the belt that held his cloak in place, dropping it down beside Sei's things, then set quiver and bow down and, stepping forward, raised his own hand in greeting to Sei, "Let's see how things go this time, eh?" Chances were he'd leave the Pit with a few new bruises, but it'd all pay off in the long run - at least, he was assuming it would.
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Words: 294797
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 11th, 2013, 7:12 pm

When Roderick stepped into the ring, a smug grin spread acroos Sei's face. He laughed heartily, and removed his gauntlets, placing tne in his pockets. "Well well. Time for some fun." He said, narrowing his eyes. He hardened his features, and went into fight mode. When Roderick had taken his stance he dashed forward, and with little effort, he used his left palm to go for Rods head, and simultaneously used his right to punch Roderick in the stomach. He forced his weight into the blows, giving them both full power, and began to speak. "Never thought I'd see you here. What's up?" He asked suspiciously. He took a step back, and pushed his fist into Roderick's chin. He was using all his strength, mainly because they were friends, and there was no point in holding back.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 11th, 2013, 7:51 pm

A smug grin covered the Kelvic from ear to ear as the hunter offered himself up as his sparring partner. Sei laughed as he pulled his gauntlets off, shoving them into his pockets.
"Well well. Time for some fun." The Kelvic narrowed his eyes as he said this, dashing forward and punching towards Roderick's stomach. The hunter knew the move from their previous fights, and moved his hand up to block it, surprised when he succeeded. At the same time Sei drove his left palm towards Roderick's head; ducking as he blocked he avoided both strikes. Roderick could feel the Kelvic's full strength going into each blow.

The kelvic asked something before promtly slamming his fist into Roderick's chin. The hunter shifted to avoid the blow, but moved too slowly; Sei's knuckles clipped him in the side of the face, sending him back a step.
"I'm not allowed to practice?" Roderick smiled at Sei and resumed his stance, watching and waiting for the Kelvic to move. Then he decided that doing so led to him being pounded repeatedly, so instead he stepped forward and feigned with a right jab - instead going for a left kick to the shin, followed by a left jab and a kick from the right. He backed away from Sei and watched for the Kelvic's reaction.
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

If there is ever a time when I don't post within a thread - or create one - within a few days, send me a PM; the chances are I may have accidentally forgotten.
Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 11th, 2013, 9:10 pm

Roderick spoke, and feigned with a right jap, and followed up with a left. Sei leaved to the left and lifted his right arm. By doing this, he avoided the right jab, and grabbed Roderick's fist. He shot up his left knee and blocked the first kick, and switched his right to block the second, all while crushing Rodericks fist in his hand. He gripped his fist firmly, and squeezed it hard enough to cause pain, but soft enough not to break. He gave Roderick a wicked look, and smirked. "The thing about practice is, you don't do it here. This is my home element, and no one like you can beat me on it." He growled, bringing his fist to Rodericks' face, and releasing Rodericks' fist. He then struck out with a right hook to Roderick's stomach, and just in case he leaned over, he lifted his right knee harshly, and brought his elbow down between were Rodericks' shoulder blades would be simultaneously.

He took a step back and waited for a reaction, with a small smile he spoke. "Your better than before, but not enough for me." He said. His face wasn't a nice one, more of a I'll-beat-the-petch-out-of-you one. Yet his words were used in a playful tone.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 11th, 2013, 9:29 pm

Sei shifted to the left and raised his his right arm, grabbing Roderick's fist; the grip he held it in was just short of bone breaking. The Kelvic's knee shot up to block the hunter's kick; the Kelvic switched to his other leg to stop the second, closing his grip on Roderick's fist all the while.
Sei was smirking, "The thing about practice is, you don't do it here. This is my home element, and no one like you can beat me on it." he let go of Roderick's fist and drove his own towards the hunter's jaw; by shifting back and turning his head away he avoided being directly struck, the the Kelvic's knuckles still smacked roughly against his cheek. Following with a right hook to the stomach, Roderick clenched his gut just before impact, grateful for the leather armour he was wearing. Sei no doubt planned to follow through his attacks; with no time for respite Roderick quickly retreated backwards, avoiding a knee to the chest and elbow to the shoulders.

Sei stood back with a smile and spoke, "You're better than before, but not enough for me." The way the Kelvic's face remained serious even as his voice teased made for an odd sight. The fact Roderick had improved in the Kelvic's eyes served as a balm for the pain - though he wasn't looking for Sei's approval in anything.

Roderick fixed his stance and faced the Kelvic, "You're archery is better than before," Roderick told him, "but not enough for me," he raised an eyebrow at Sei to drive home the reminder about the Kelvic's poor aiming. Not surprising, given they'd only been practicing for a few days.
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 11th, 2013, 9:44 pm

"Ah, but to each his own battle." Sei said with a signature grin. He waved his hand, and relaxed his stance. "The thing is, your little flimsy attacks are to slow. You've failed millions of times agaist me, or have you forgotten your first beat down." He taunted. "Oh that's right, I beat you so hard you probably don't remember it!" He exclaimed. He smacked his fist against an open palm, and closed his eyes. "Ah, but you were so weak you couldn't land even two hits. Yet you claim your an archer with those sloppy moves? I'd be afraid to call you to help me hunt." He said knowingly. He wiggled his fingers, and continued to taunt him. "My aims bad? I could use a longbow where as you had to start with shortbow!" He mused. He relaxed his features to cross his arms, and began to speak. "I bet the whole reason you didn't practice with me is because you have no aim at all!" He ranted.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 12th, 2013, 7:11 am

Roderick inspected his nails as Sei fell into a bout of ranting abuse. Always with the insults. Does he have nothing better to do with his time? I swear he sits and thinks these out every night. The hunter stood and silently weathered through the first few moments of the Kelvic's abuse, feeling the irritation rising in him steadily. Pushing it down he sighed leaned his weight on one leg, Let him talk, Roderick, let him talk. He bit down on his tongue lightly so he wouldn't say anything, though just because I wasn't going to say anything didn't mean he wouldn't do something.

As Sei began to insult his skill with the bow, however, he felt the cords holding down his rage fraying and snapping. Don't do it, don't do it, don't do it. It seemed remaining civil wasn't possible for him, but he certainly did put in quite a bit of effort. At the very least he didn't try to bury his sword in Tendo's head. Bored with the Kelvic's attitude already, the hunter turned about and strolled over to his things, sticking his collected his bow and arrows. Notching, he drew quickly and loosed an arrow at his friend. It buried itself into the dirt an inch or two from Sei's foot.

"Are you done now?" Roderick asked, raising his brow again. He'd notched another arrow without thinking and had the bow ready to loose.
Not bad.
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 4:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sei Tendo on September 12th, 2013, 11:43 am

Sei continued his insults, and laughed hardily as Roderick launched an arrow inches away from his foot, and grinned when he had notched back another ready to fire. He was pleased with his work, and when you think about it, he was born to insult. He dismissed his thoughts and took a stance. He had what he wanted, and grabbing the arrow, he charged. He jabbed the arrow at Roderick, and placed it In his hand? He forced his first into Rodericks' chest, hopefully knocking out some air, and knocked his head into Rodericks.

OOCI forgot to tell you. Something I learned from Jantys Vane: Try not to use to many moves in one post. :)
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roderick on September 12th, 2013, 3:36 pm

The Kelvic rushed forwards and punched for Roderick's chest; the hunter pulled his arrow free and dropped it to the ground, using his bow to push Sei's arms down and away from him; there was nothing to be done for the harsh headbutt the Kelvic delivered after. Bone cracking against his face, Roderick's head snapped back from the force of it, while heat and pain lanced through his face, setting flashes of light in front of his eyes. Groaning in pain, Roderick lashed out with his knee, aiming for Sei's groin. Despite being right in front of him the Kelvic's form was hazy and wavering despite being right before him. Throwing his bow aside the hunter wobbled back and forth at the movement, forcing him to seize Tendo's shirt to steady himself.

Since he already had a grip on him anyway he drove his knee upwards, hopefully striking Sei in the chest as he bent double from the blow to his crotch. If the Kelvic doubled over he would finish off by slamming his fists against the back of his head - but it all relied on his first strike landing. Leaving that all up to chance wasn't a good thing, but he had no choice, so he quickly backed away from Sei after he did all thing, his vision still swimming and his forehead burning.
Last edited by Roderick on October 9th, 2013, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts
"Speech"
Standard text

Roderick
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next