Location Syliran Order Recruitment Office

All aspiring recruits, apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Syliran Order Recruitment Office

Postby Accolade on September 1st, 2013, 8:41 pm

Syliran Knights Recruitment Office

Though the majority of the Knights and Squires are those who have served in some capacity since childhood, many people come to Syliras in search of a greater purpose or a better life and find that within the ranks of the Knighthood. But first, they must apply.

The process isn't nearly as difficult as some might expect. One need only enter the Dyres District and express a desire to join, and they'll be brought deep within the oldest part of the city and into the Recruitment Office. There they will meet with Ser Erik, who will find out what their skills and motives are, and if they seem like viable candidates they will then be brought to Grandmaster Loren Dyres for final examination.

OOC: Please post here to join the knights IC. You will also need to either choose a free patron from the master NPC list or post a new one to the NPC request thread. Players are considered squires based on the season of their posting to this thread and should deduct squire living expenses even if they haven't gotten a reply from this thread. After they have been accepted into the knighthood they will receive an Storyteller Secrets thread that they need to put in their profile as soon as possible. Players who wish to start as a squire will need to PM the current DS of Syliras to set them up.

NPC :
ImageSergeant Knight Erik Rainstrom
6th Wing, Gray Company, 5th Regiment, Silver Quadron

Erik is one of the few elderly knights that have survived their oaths. He hasn't survived them whole. Missing his right arm and most of his left ear, the rest of his body is covered in scars just as gruesome.

Despite his hardships, he's a rather cheerful sort. He lived, after all, where most of his comrades were not so lucky. Now he works a desk job, and makes the most of it. Though he'd be the first to admit he misses the adventure and glory of being a real soldier, without his sword arm he knows there isn't much else he can do. But he serves still, helping others become Syliran Knights and counseling those who've joined and may be having difficulty with the lifestyle. Always willing to listen and offer advice, he is the first step in becoming a knight and an important one in staying a knight.

Gnosis: 1 Sylir

Skill List

Tactics: 85 pts
Weapon (Gladius): 70 pts unusable
Weapon (Horsebow): 55 pts unusable
Weapon (Shield): 55 pts
Riding (Horse): 60 pts
Leadership: 48 pts

This location is moderated by the DS of Syliras
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office

Postby Sagitta on September 4th, 2013, 10:14 pm

3rd of Fall, 513 AV

The Ethaefal shifted her weight unevenly as she stood in front of the recruitment office. She reconsidering her plans at the moment, wondering if it was the best idea. Probably not. She was not the knight-sort. Not a fighter, nor someone with a pure heart. Blood seemed to rush into her head, somewhat clouding her judgement. Now that she was standing in front of the building, Sagitta could not be sure if this was what she wanted. Yet, she didn't really see any other way. She was completely stuck with this choice.

Even though it was hard to admit it, Sagitta was utterly terrified of the idea to travel out into the Wildlands. The scar on her arm was enough of a reminder of the dangers out there. She knew the chances of a Balicani attack was low - especially after one was already hunted down - but she knew for a fact that there were two. It might be dead, but for all she knew it was still roaming the land. Besides, traveling will cost her somehow. She had no horse to travel which means she would have to travel in a caravan. The idea was just as unentertaining. She was staying behind the safe walls of Syliras, at least for now.

Besides, she wouldn't know exactly where to go. Yes, she knew she was born in Sylira region, but where exactly? That she still pondered at. It doesn't matter. All she knew was she had a younger brother who was driven to be knight. If she was lucky, a short time had passed and she would be able to find him in the order. If not, well, she had promised Rios to become someone better, kinder - what better way to do it but to be a knight?

Sagitta steeled her nerves and walked through the front door, forcing herself not to back down. Inside was an older man and some people talking to each other - recruits she guessed. The older man seemed to be the one in charge, so she walked up to him directly. It was upon closer inspection that she saw he was missing his right arm. "I want to join please, as a squire." Her words seem to rang all around her and she wondered what he thought about her joining the ranks.

Sagitta
Ethereal Messenger. Daughter of Leth.

Words: 50372
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2013, 6:08 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on September 7th, 2013, 6:44 pm

Sergeant Knight Erik Rainstrom was in a very good mood this day. The reopening of the recruitment office put him back in touch with the newcomers who wanted to join their ranks. It was a serious job, but there was joy to be had in serving and helping to strengthen the Knighthood. There were other Knights there to have a look at the would be squires. They saw a few questionable candidates along with a few nos, and a couple of yes, but the day was still young. Soon a blonde young woman appeared, seeming nervous as many did and as if she could join. Erik looked her over and offered a smile that might have been invisible behind the hair on his face. "You have come to the right place then. What can you tell me about yourself?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sagitta on September 22nd, 2013, 6:23 am

Her lips pressed together, Sagitta fidgeted slightly. The knight seemed friendly enough and not that intimidating - not like most knights she had encountered. Taking a deep breath, the girl started to ramble, "My name is Sagitta and I'm . . . I'm an Ethaefal. That's what people call it, wasn't it? I've only recently been here, in Syliras." She paused, wondering what else she should say. "I'm not really a fighter, but I'm willing and have been trying to learn. I used to be a messenger, I think. I can move fast and I'm also an acrobat. I'm also sure that I'm up for the dangers of being a knight or a squire. Last season, I had joined the Balicani hunt and well, I'm still intact, so that's saying something."

"I've never done anything like this, honestly, so I'm a bit at lost," she explained carefully, hoping that did not make her seem clueless.
Sagitta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on September 22nd, 2013, 6:30 am

Erik Rainstrom listened to the woman, and the old Knight liked what he heard. She had passion, fire and prior combat knowlegde was always a plus. "It is good to see people like you Sagitta, who want to make a change and join the order. Do you know anything about how our job works? Know any Knights to speak on your behalf since you are at a lost?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sagitta on September 22nd, 2013, 8:49 am

"I know the basics, I suppose. Keeping the peace and making sure the people of Syliras are completely safe," Sagitta said slowly. That basically sums up all what the knights do to her.

The young girl shook her head regretfully at the second question. She had not been here long enough to know anyone. Much less a knight. But admittedly, she had not been trying very hard. "Unfortunately, no." Then after a second she added, "Well, Ser Wade led the expedition I mentioned earlier, but I'm not sure he will speak on my behalf. I'm not even sure that he remembered me."
Sagitta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on September 22nd, 2013, 11:09 pm

"The basics." Erik Rainstrom said with a weak smile."Well there is more to being a Knight, One must have their own conviction for what they do, otherwise they can't truly become without a cause to fight for." He nodded and rubbed at his beard. "But that will come in time. So tell me, is there a district that you would like to work in, a mentor you would prefer?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wrenmae on September 23rd, 2013, 9:06 pm

As he stood in the office, he idly wondered if perhaps that had been anyone more unworthy, more cursed, than he to stand. Honestly, he was trying to be impressed with Syliras but found it harder and harder the more he saw. There was still misery, still bigotry, and although the virtues he had heard preached were admirable...sometimes he struggled to find them in the Knights. Perhaps, though, not all the fleshbags were the same. There was still magic here, a genuine feeling of safety and hope that emanated from some of the grim-faced steel-skins, and that was something he could empathize with, leach onto.

Since last winter, he'd been making choices without consulting his partner. Now it had become a whirlwind he refused to pull himself out of. Mizahar was so different than where he'd come from, so alien, and yet so inviting. In the time he'd been here, the familiar had become accustomed, even attached to this strange place of green-stuff and fleshlings. The sky was not seared with fire, the ground was not stone and melted metal. But it was clear that he was not like the one who brought him here. And in their distance, he had gained his own mission.

So now he stood for inspection in a body he had modified, one that looked like he would like to...with blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He held his hands across his back, clasping them nervously.

Today began the first steps of his new life.

"My name is Zan," he said, "And I would like to pledge myself to the Knights of Syliras."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sagitta on September 24th, 2013, 12:43 pm

Sagitta nodded, blushing slightly, feeling like she just did something wrong. "Any district will be fine, though I am most familiar with the Nettle District. And as for the mentor . . ." She shook her head and smiled. "Anyone who is willing to teach and guide me is most welcome."
Sagitta

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on September 28th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Sagitta

"Alright then. "He added while taking up a sheet of parchment and pin to write with. "I will assign you to Ser Stanton Alber, he will be your patron and you will patrol along side him with in the city walls." A smile rose across his lips and he nodded to the woman. "I think it will do you good to start with him, and do him good to."

Zan

Erik Rainstrom looked at the man with blonde hair and blue and and smiled. He seemed nervous as many did who came into the office so that didn't surprise him. It was the heart of the character that mattered and what they were willing to do for the city. "Hello Zan, tell me about yourself? Why do you wish to join the order?"
Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Next