Location Syliran Order Recruitment Office

All aspiring recruits, apply here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Recruitment Office

Postby Accolade on February 20th, 2014, 10:25 pm

Oriah

Ser Erik nodded as she spoke, conviction in her voice as well as pride. He took out a mostly clean rolled up parchment slip and lifted the pin from his desk. The old Patron started to take down her information as well as any notes that he thought would be useful to remember. "I think that we can use you.You have a calm mind as well as spirit. I like it. I think it would do you well to get out and learn the land, you'll find that it is very different than the desert. I'm placing you under the guard of the green company. Sera Mora will instruct you, that is she will be your patron."

Sei

Ser Erik nodded as the young man spoke, it wasn't the Knights policy to restrict or punish anyone who used magic, but they were wary of mages, and if someone were to misuse their magic inside the city, they would be dealt with. "Is there anything else you'd like to add?" He waited a few ticks then continued. "I'm placing you inside the city, you will be under the brown company and led my Ser Erik Barker." He found himself a clean sheet of parchment and started to write down the information that he wished to keep.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

[Syliras Location] Recruitment Office

Postby Oriah on February 20th, 2014, 11:00 pm

In that moment Ser Erik spoke his first sentence, Oriah felt her world explode with joyous, earth shattering force. Learn the land...green company...Sera Mora...she tried desperately to lap up this information while her mind continued to reel with incredulousness. This was happening. Truly happening. She was being assigned. She had been accepted as a squire.

"T-Thank you!" the Benshira barely managed, so overcome was she with gratitude and awe. "I will report to Sera Mora at once!"

She wanted to hug Ser Erik, shake his hand--anything to convey her overwhelming emotions--but he was a respected knight, and he had a quill and parchment in his hands. Instead, Oriah opted to bow low, unable to contain an ear to ear smile of elation.

"Thank you," she repeated, calmer now as she began to absorb the seriousness of the event and all the hard, earnest toil that awaited her in the near future. With one last nod, Oriah exited the building and made her way to report to her new patron, brewing all the way in her mind how to inform her now fellow squire of the incredible news.
"Common"
"Shiber"
Oriah
Never Stray

Words: 364847
Joined roleplay: December 5th, 2013, 5:06 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Olaf on March 4th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Olaf walked into the recruitment office. He struck a rather shaggy sight, long uncut and uncared for bright red hair that was pulled in a crude ponytail to keep it out of his face, a shaggy beard of the same fiery red as his hair. Both of them seemingly having never seen a comb.
He himself would never thought that he would be giving the knighthood a try. But the more he had thought about it the more sense it made. All he knew was how to take care of horses, how to ride them and how to handle ornery ghosts. While the first two didn't really scream knight, he hoped that being able to ward of ghosts and such was a skill they could use. As far as he knew there weren't really that many ghosts. His late father was one of the few.

He stepped up towards the scarred knight behind the counter. “Eh, hello I'm Olaf. Sixteen years old. “ He spoke up in a slightly nervous tone. “I'm here to join the knights as a squire. Or at least, try to. I don't really have a lot of knightly skills. Never touched a blade bigger then a cooking knife in my life.” He paused for a slight moment, his brain catching up that he was here to make them accept him. Not to talk them into turning him down. “But I know a bit about riding a horse and how to take care of it. I also know quite a few tricks on how to deal with ghosts. Nothing mayor. But I can usually convince one to stop haunting people. Or chase them off if they don't want to be convinced.” He added quickly, before waiting for the man's response.
Olaf
Player

Words: 25191
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2014, 10:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Accolade on March 4th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Olaf

Ser Erik sat behind his desk and was just finishing up a little paperwork when the next person came in. Sitting back in his chair, the patron rested his arm on the desk and listened to what the boy had to say. Ser Erik always liked the ones that could come in and put together and complete sentence, then follow it up with more.

The Knight usually could tell when a person may be worth a try, and he felt that this one could possibly be one of those. "I see you have skills in magic. Tell me, what do you think Knightly skills are?" It was an odd thing to say, and he was curious of what the boy thought he knew about the order. "Skills with a weapon isn't something that you need to join us.

We have people to train you and more than likely any knowlegde that you had before will be useless to you from then on. So tell me about yourself, who are you? I know what skills you have and don't have, but I want to hear about Olaf."
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Olaf on March 4th, 2014, 8:39 pm

"Err, well you know. The things that make a knight able to do the things a knight has to do to keep the order. Weapon skills to protect the people living in syliras and such?" the fact that he might just have said something stupid right in front of the recruiter let his heart sink into his shoe's. When he followed it up with an explanation that not only where weapon skills not really needed to join up. But that they were almost expecting people without weapon skills to join up. With them having trainers around to whip him into shape. That was a load of his chest at least.

When the knight asked more about him he was slightly surprised. "Well me? I'm not really the most interesting person. Orphaned at ten years old when me dad died, lived in the orphanage up till today. Though I'm getting to old to stay there for much longer I was told. Me dad couldn't help me anymore either since he moved on on my last birthday. That's what kicked this entire idea into being. I thought at first to just go and work at the stables. I always liked animals. They didn't mind me being around me. Unlike the rest of the kids at the orphanage. I could just work at the stables and do some side work in exorcising at the same time. As far as I know there aren't that many ghosts in this place. Not that many violent deaths or people passing on with urgent unfinished business you know. So not much work for a full time spiritist." As the red-headed youth was talking he was slowly showing some confidence as he kept talking without getting interrupted by the knight.

"But then I began thinking. I can do that, but that's not really what I want to do with my life. I like helping ghosts move on, I like make sure they don't accidentally creep out others as they try to move on by themselves, or worse hurt people while trying to do it. I guessed joining the knights would put me in a place where I could do that a lot better. Instead of just keeping my ear on the ground and hoping I heard of a ghost making life difficult." He stopped, giving the knight an embarrassed look as he just realized he had probably been talking the man's ear off. "Does that make any sense?"
Olaf
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on March 10th, 2014, 8:39 pm

Ser Erik kept his calm gaze on the younger man, putting his remaining arm, his left, to his chin as he silently contemplated the young man's words. The boy was young and inexperienced, he could see it, but he had a good heart, he wanted to protect people. "I see, weapons to protect the people," Erik leaned back, giving Olaf a calm gaze, "And this... weapons, are you sure you have the responsibility to wield it? Not just proficiency, but responsibility. You have the power to both protect and take life, boy."

The boy's story intrigued the knight, so he was orphaned since childhood, and his father moved on just a year ago, his words implied that his father stayed behind as a ghost for ten years, that explained his affinity to the ethereals. "I see, I'm sorry to hear that," The senior knight gave Olaf a calm smile, "But at least your father is satisfied now." Interesting, he thought Syliras didn't have much problems with ghosts, he was partially right, the fortress itself didn't, but the Woods around it... "Boy, listen to me, the Bronze Woods contained assortments of ghosts and spirits, some of them hostile, I think you will find your spiritist talents useful," The Knight then tapped his left fingers on his desk, "Do you also know about the infamous Lavender Ruins up in the Mountains? They say ghosts roam there, guarded by a servant of Death herself." They had talked about death long enough, time to move on.

"You love horses and comfortable around them? Good, good, as you can see, horse-riding is one of the many skills required to be a Knight." Ser Erik explained then motioned to his missing arm, "Alas, I can't ride anymore with this body of mind, but at least I can watch our young ones ride those magnificent beasts." Erik then listened to the boy's wishes to help people, especially those who couldn't move on, but it wouldn't be enough, not yet, "Boy, in joining the Order, you pledge yourself to the cause of good, justice, and peace. You must protect those who live first, then attend to the dead second," It was logical, ghosts couldn't die again, they could just move on, "If you want to join the Order, you have to promise me that you will put your knightly duties first and foremost before your spiritist duties, I accept no compromise." The Knight then gave his ever calm gaze at the young man, waiting for his answer.
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Olaf on March 10th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Responsibility to wield weapons. He honestly didn't know. “I think so. I'm not going to swing a sword at people who don't deserve it or who aren't a danger to syliras or the knighthood. So I think I have the responsibility for it.” He honestly replied. The very idea of killing an innocent didn't sit very well with him. As did taking arms up against people who couldn't defend themselves or who hadn't done anything wrong. Olaf nodded when the knight offered his condolences. Though he was surprised when he mentioned the woods around it and a place up in the mountains had quite the bit of ghosts themselves. “Never heard of them before. But I haven't gone out much either.” He meekly replied. At least he was happy to know that his skill with horses wasn't useless. They all needed to know how to ride a horse. He might not be good with weapons, but at least he wouldn't be completely useless from the get go.

When he was asked to pledge himself to protect the living before the dead it wasn't a hard choice. “It's why spiritists deal with ghosts in the first place. To keep the living safe and to give them closure. At least that's why I did it.” that and ghosts usually found their way to him anyway. But if he didn't deal with them and get them too move on, then they would be a nuisance or a danger to others. So it would be the same thing.
“So I can promise to put the welbeing of the living and any knightly duties I might have over my duties as a spiritist.” Olaf said. “It's nearly impossible to kill a ghost anyway. So I can always postpone my duties as a spiritist and come back later.” he admitted.
Olaf
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Radiant on March 11th, 2014, 3:19 pm

"Hmmm..." Ser Erik gave a long hard gaze at the boy as if examining the resolve in his words, the boy's answer was correct and he spoke it with such an honest tone of a young man untainted by evil and not jaded by cynicism. The Knight's gaze slightly softened, then he rubbed his beard with his remaining left arm, "Only time and actions will tell if your words are true or not." Erik liked the boy's righteous calling, but he wouldn't show it too much lest he got a big head.

"I see, well, rest assured, you will learn to see the outside world in the Order," Erik gave a light chuckle then listened to his views on spiritists and their duties, "A smart boy, you are," His words didn't contain any sarcasm, only genuine sincerity, "Your goal is commendable." He gave a nod and when Olaf pledged about putting his knightly duties first and foremost, Erik procured a quill with his left arm, dipped it into an ink bottle, then wrote something on a parchment.

After about a chime, he rolled up the parchment then tied it up with a blue ribbon, he raised his head to look at Olaf in the eyes with his old ones, "From now on, you are a Squire Olaf under the patronage of Ser Ulric Stonewall," then he gave the rolled-up parchment to Olaf, "Go to the Squire Dormitories, ask for Lady Marianna, one of the chaperons, then give this to her. From there, she will show you to your room." The Knight then leaned back as he gestured for another recruit to be ready for the interview before giving a final look to Olaf, "Go on now, boy. Make me proud."

OOCAlright, Olaf is accepted into the Syliran Order. I will put the information in your SS thread, list your name in the Shield Points thread, and put your submitted NPC patron in the Master NPC list.

Congratulations! :D
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Syliran Order Recruitment Office

Postby Altos Ironheart Coglias on March 13th, 2014, 12:38 am

Altos stood patiently waiting in the offices. After a long journey away from everything he considered home he had arrived here. The city of Syliras, one of the last bastions of civilization left in the known world. It was here he would try both his luck and skill by attempting to join the Syliran Knights. He had heard that they were an upstanding force of Strength and Honor. Altos was filled with a sense of longing, a life of dedicating himself to the people and protecting them was what he had desired ever since his youth.

His body remained relaxed as he stood with his feet placed shoulder width apart, arms clasped behind his back. A life of training had made him both strong and disciplined, after all he had intended to join the ranks of the Hammers. Altos clenched his jaw as he thought of his shame, and quickly dismissed it from his mind. This was his his new beginning, it was where he would find strength, honor, and justice. Even if it was not for his own people in his own land, he would dedicate himself to this new land with every fiber of his being.

"I am Altos Ironheart" he declared to the man who was missing his right arm. "I have come to join, and pledge my service, as well as loyalty to the ranks of the Knights"
"me" "you" "Ser Logan"
Altos Ironheart Coglias
Squire of the Syliran Knights

Words: 54027
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2014, 7:38 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Syliran Order Recruitment Office

Postby Radiant on March 15th, 2014, 5:25 am

The next recruit was interesting to say the least, an Isur, as shown by his magnificent deep dark green with elegant silver veins coursing underneath the skin. This man was one of those very talented craftsman race, able to shape steel and iron like they were clay, creating best of the best weapons in Syliras. There were a few Isur that Erik knew, most of them being Blacksmiths, but this one looked interested to be a Knight instead.

Ser Erik examined his posture, firm and disciplined, giving the image of someone who was no stranger to military conduct. The one-armed knight gazed into his sapphire blue eyes, calmly assessing him, then after about ten ticks, he finally spoke, "Sir Ironheart, I see, your dedication is commendable and my initial assessment of you is favorable, however, only you can prove whether you are worthy to join the Order or not." Erik paused to let his words sank into the Isur, then he leaned in, "Tell me, Sir Ironheart, what is your reason to join the Order? Are you ready to bear the responsibility? Will you pledge all of your body, mind, and soul to Sylir's cause?"
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext