Interviewing!- Seasonal Quest

Lorick, Aider, Xeona, Roshtah. Let the investigation Begin!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

Postby Abstract on September 8th, 2013, 2:23 pm

-- Fall 24th 513 AV--

The group of interviewers were to meet in a secluded room of the celestial palace. If they asked any of the monks around, they would immediately be directed there. The room wasn’t massive, but it wasn’t tiny either, and there was a door off to the side leading into a well lit room with a table and a few chairs. The main area was nice and simple, with stone floors, and a rectangular carpet in the middle. On top of the blue and green covering was a dark wooden table, with five chairs. Two on the side closest to the door, one on the side furthest, and one on either end.

The furthest chair was occupied by a woman, actually quite short, but slim and fit looking. She might have reached 5’2” if she was standing, but seated in the chair, the difference wasn’t as noticeable. She had long, slightly wavy black hair that reached the middle of her back. If one looked carefully, they would spot a myriad of tiny braids entwined in the hair. She had sharp, dark eyes, and an authoritative demeanor. Her hands were clasped before her, eyes centered on the door intently.

If anyone entered the room, other than a monk, she would direct them to a chair with a simple ”Sssit in ssat chair...” without really moving, except to point at the chair to her left. It would then move around the table clockwise as people arrived, until she reached the seat to her right. She didn’t seem up to any conversation, obviously deep in thought, but if one did, she would turn and glare at them, her eyes seeming to dig deep into them. It was actually quite a freakish look. She would then state ”We talk when everyone isss here” bluntly. Only when this did occur, would she soften.

”Alright. Ssso you all know about sse Ravokian Ambasssador’sss murder. We are going to be sse group ssat talksss to sssussspectsss, witnesssesss, and sse like. I hope you’re all ussseful people for ssis.” She glared around at the group, as if daring them to not be useful. She’d actually had quite trouble with ‘suspects’ and witnesses’, hesitating on them, and seeming to grow annoyed with the words. ”Now... namesss. I am Sssalissavaratiass. You may call me Saliss. Now you.” She pointed to the man to her left, on that end of the table.

Translation :
“Sit in that chair”

“We talk when everyone is here”

“Alright. So you all know about the Ravokian Ambassador’s murder. We are going to be the group that talks to the suspects, witnesses, and the like. I hope you’re all useful people for this.”

“Now... names... I am Sssalissavaratiass. You may call me Saliss. Now you”

OOCOk! So... posting order is Me, Lorick, Aider, Xeona, Roshtah, then me again. Just to keep this running, you have four days to reply when it’s your turn, otherwise you will be skipped. The seating order is in the same order.
Last edited by Abstract on September 8th, 2013, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Lorick Trahern on September 8th, 2013, 4:30 pm

Lorick Trahern strode confidently into the Celestial Palace, having been directed here by one of the many monks wandering the area. He'd been informed recently that an ambassador from his home, Ravok, had recently been murdered. To be perfectly blunt, Lorick thought that if the ambassador couldn't even afford enough protection to keep himself alive, he deserved to die. Only the strong survive in Ravok.

So why aren't you there? Lorick thought to himself. He squashed it immediately.

But the monks had promised a fairly generous monetary reward for those willing to assist in investigating the murder and interrogating the suspects. Lorick was aware of interrogation, although he'd never done it himself. But he'd managed to fool his share of interrogators, so he felt confident he'd be able to fool suspects, who were easier to rattle.

Lorick continued to walk through the fair-sized room, and into the door on the side. The lighting in the room was much brighter, and Lorick paused to let his eyes adjust. There was a table, a few chairs, a carpet, and a woman already seated. Lorick did not know her; she was short and slim, with long black hair and sharp eyes that seemed to bore into Lorick's skull. He simply stared back; Lorick knew his gaze had a tendency to unnerve people.

Taking a seat to her left, after being directed there by the woman, who had a strangely sibilant way of speaking. Trahern did not know what sort of accent this woman possessed, but as it was not relevant to the current situation, he filed it away in his mind to be investigated later.

Lorick attempted to strike up conversation with the woman, see if he could glean any further information from her, but was rebuffed. Lorick shrugged. It didn't really matter. The others filed in, and Lorick glanced over them in turn. A human. Another human. And ... was that a ghost? This investigation team would be interesting, to say the least.

"Alright. Ssso you all know about sse Ravokian Ambasssador’sss murder. We are going to be sse group ssat talksss to sssussspectsss, witnesssesss, and sse like. I hope you’re all ussseful people for ssis," the woman announced in her strange accent. Lorick had some difficulty understanding her words, but he got the general idea. They were here to talk to people about the murders. Hopefully get actionable information out of them.

"Now... namesss. I am Sssalissavaratiass. You may call me Saliss. Now you."

She indicated to her left, where Lorick was seated. Lorick leaned forward onto the table, resting his arms and elbows upon it, and gave the group a wide, friendly smile.

"The name's Lorick. Just simple Lorick. I'm nobody special, in fact I just arrived recently, but my place of birth is Ravok and the ambassador's death was quite a surprise to me." Trahern shrugged.

"As for why I might be useful; well," Lorick's face flushed and he looked down for a moment, and then back up. "I might have some small skill in talking to people, and I believe I can get people to trust me. Well, we'll see anyway. So enough about me, what's your story, friend?"

With that he indicated the tall, dark-haired man to his left.

OOC :
I've decided to change the way I play Lorick a bit. I will no longer be saying things like, "Lorick smiled falsely". I will leave it to both your character and you to determine whether or not Lorick's smiles, actions, or words are true or false. Keep in mind, Lorick doesn't necessarily lie all the time. I'll leave it as a puzzle for my fellow RPers to figure out when he is.

Lorick Trahern
Trust Me

Words: 24292
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 10:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aider Silander on September 8th, 2013, 6:05 pm

The Nykan walked down hall, into a fair sized room. Finally something interesting had happened in Nyka, something he could take part in and most surely would. He could care less about Ravok or the ambassador's death to be truthful. He wanted the money and for something to do. As he walked into the room he saw a small woman sitting in a chair, with a taller man sitting to the left. He didn't make eye contact as the woman spoke, telling him to sit. She reminded them why they were here and what they were doing. He sighed, he didn't care. He knew why he was here, and what he had to do. He had signed up for this, because frankly his skills made this the perfect. He looked at the man next to him as he told his story. Lorick, a man born in Ravok. Aider couldn't help but chuckle to himself.
"I don't have a story, per say. But I was born here and I guess I owe it to my city to not just sit around." he said, he paused for a few brief ticks. "The names Aider, and to honest. I signed up because of the money." he said with a simple shrug.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xeona on September 8th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Xeona stood outside the celestial palace, still not quite believing what had happened. Sure, he was always complaining of nothing happening in Nyka. But a murder? That was a bit too much to ask for. "Let's just get this over with." Xeona thought to himself. He materialized and went inside.

He went to the room that one of the monks had pointed out. Inside, there were a bunch of chairs, three of them occupied. The woman at the opposite side of the room told Xeona to sit down, and wait until everyone was there. When one more person had entered the room and took a chair, the woman started talking.

After the introduction of the woman and the two humans to Xeo's right had introduced themselves, it was Xeona's turn. "Name's Xeona. I was born, raised and killed here in Nyka, and I'm a old criminal. Just put that fact aside, I didn't get here because I was forced to. I more see this as a chance to repay society what I damaged."

"As said, I'm a old criminal. One can say I still got the mind of one. I know how they act during various situations. I can also possess people to hold them in place, and use my cold touch to force people to tell the truth." With one movement of his hand, he signaled to the person to his left that he was up next.

Boxcode by Savio
Don't mind me, just passing though...

"Xeona's speech" "Xeona's thoughts" "Describing stuff" "NPC talks"
Xeona
Sorry to pop in unannounced

Words: 28603
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2013, 6:14 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Roshtah on September 10th, 2013, 11:51 pm

Being from Nyka, it didn't take long for Roshtah to reach the celestial palace, but when he got inside it became a different story. He immediately had to ask for directions which an older monk kindly obliged him. He walked through a rather average room compared to something he might have expected, then found a smaller room where four people gathered around a table.

"Sorry if I'm late," Roshtah said as he took his seat. A woman spoke about the ambassador's death, which wasn't the weird part to Roshtah. It was her accent. He had only heard it maybe a handful of times before and the only notable person was the woman who never told her his name. While the woman spoke though, he looked at his colleagues and recognized one person. At least he knew someone who was here.

She asked for names and so it started with a man named Lorick. Roshtah honestly felt a short speech wasn't necessary, but he seemed positive and that was the good part. Aider spoke next and as much as Roshtah liked his honesty, he was wary of how serious he would take the case. Finally Xeona took his turn, which made Roshtah's stomach turn just a bot because he was next. An old criminal who died and can now possess people AND force them to tell the truth? He could do this by himself. As Xeona waved his hand, Roshtah swallowed and started.

"My turn then. I'm Roshtah and as hard as it is to follow someone who can single-handedly solve this by himself, I will say that I am a shopkeeper here in Nyka. All my life. What that brings to the table is when worse comes to worse, I can always make a deal with whomever we are interviewing for more information. Though I still believe you could all do it yourselves if you wanted too, haha." He was glad to stop talking. He didn't want to look weak or useless to his new friends, but what he what he said was true. Though he will try his best, you just don't know what may happen. When he finished he looked at the woman with respect and with his full attention.

Roshtah
Sorry, that's not normal

Words: 15511
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Abstract on September 11th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Saliss watched each group member in turn with an unblinking stare, listening to their names and explanations intently. It seemed like she was noting down what each could do- which was exactly what the Dhani was doing. When the rounds were finished, she leaned back and nodded, an almost imperceptible movement. "Well. I wasssn't expecting so much detail, but it helps." It could almost have been a joke, but the voice she spoke it in was completely toneless.

"Let'sss get down to busssinesss, shall we? I'll give you sse full ssstory. Sse main people here are sse maid, and sse Ravok people. Sse maid heard a noissse from sse room... but ssshe wasss called away. Ssshe came back to find sse ambasssador dead. Sse people we want to talk to are her, and sse remaining ambasssadorsss." She nodded, seemingly content with the explanation. She would answer any questions after that, but slightly grudgingly.

"Ok. One group... you and you" she pointed at Aider and Lorick before continuing "Will talk to sse maid in sse room off ssisss one." She pointed to the door leading to the smaller room beside them. "You and you... will talk to an ambasssador in a room jussst outssside ssisss one. When you're done... come back here and we will debrief." She pushed herself up and moved away and towards the door, before hesitating. "I will get sse people. You ssstay here." Without another word, she left.

Translation :
"Well. I wasn't expecting so much detail, but it helps."

"Let's get down to business, shall we? I'll give you the full story. The main people here are the maid, and the Ravok people. The maid heard a noise from the room... but she was called away. She came back to find the ambassador dead. The people we want to talk to are her, and the remaining ambassadors."

"Ok. One group... you and you"

"Will talk to the maid in the room off this one."

"You and you... will talk to an ambassador in a room just outside this one. When you're done... come back here and we will debrief."

"I will get the people. You stay here."

OOCI'm giving you guys this chance to have a short conversation, before the interviews start...If you want to do several rounds, feel free to start up another thread, but keep it short, as it only takes Saliss about 5-10 chimes!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Lorick Trahern on September 13th, 2013, 7:29 pm

After Lorick's brief conversation with Aider, he strode confidently over to the room that Saliss had indicated. He'd briefly considered transforming into female form for the first interrogation but thought better of it. Two reasons: first, he'd expended some Djed earlier to acquire Aider's cooperation, though in retrospect that may not have been necessary since the man seemed fairly self-interested already though it was always good to be safe, and second, he did not bring a change of clothes. While his existing clothes would still fit his female Morph model, even Lorick would have difficulty explaining why his male form was wearing the same thing.

Instead, Lorick decided to continue to rely on his Hypnotism and his own natural talents. If absolutely necessary he could leave and quickly dash to a nearby shop to purchase a random dress to throw on, but in the meantime, he simply walked into the room, and leaned against the wall, and waited for Aider to arrive.

Boxcode by Savio
Lorick Trahern
Trust Me

Words: 24292
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 10:04 pm
Character sheet

Postby Aider Silander on September 17th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Aider sighed as he walked into the other room. Using his hands to straighten up his hair. He looked at Lorick then sat down. He leaned back, looking relaxed and that this was, in fact, no big deal. He tried to pull off that he had done this before and it would be easy to get what he wanted out of anyone. He put the chairs legs back on the floor and rested his head on one hand.
"Lets go already" he mumbled, this was wasting his time, there was plenty of other things he could be doing right now.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Xeona on September 17th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Once Xeona and Roshtah was done talking strategies, Xeona went to the room the woman had instructed them to. Xeona placed himself next to the door, and when Roshtah was inside at his location, he went invisible. Xeona thought it was best that way. Surprising is always a good thing. Now it was just to wait for the woman to arrive with the suspect.

Boxcode by Savio
Don't mind me, just passing though...

"Xeona's speech" "Xeona's thoughts" "Describing stuff" "NPC talks"
Xeona
Sorry to pop in unannounced

Words: 28603
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2013, 6:14 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Roshtah on September 18th, 2013, 12:35 pm

It was still fuzzy as to why the other two guys had to be in a corner alone when talking about their interview. It was either illogical or they had something to hide. But Xeona had got up and moved to the room they were in so Roshtah followed him inside. It was comfortable. He took a seat and waited for the ambasador to arrive.

Roshtah
Sorry, that's not normal

Words: 15511
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 9:39 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Next