[Rearing Stallion] An Open Table with Empty Chairs (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ocelot on August 29th, 2010, 1:57 pm

"Yes, it is quite obvious, John," Oc agreed, grinning. John spoke about limits and knowing them, which made her feel a bit better about the amount he'd already had. Surely that meant he knew his own limit, right?

While she didn't quite understand what about John's comment made their 'dark and sinister' companion uncomfortable enough to leave, Oc found herself nodding to the woman anyway. "Thank you for your company," she managed to get out before the woman left the tavern, the Kelvic giving a small wave. The brunette watched her go, quickly losing sight of her among the people, frowning slightly in a look of mild confusion.

Shaking it off, she returned a small smile to her face, looking over at John. "I guess that just leaves you and me," she commented. "She certainly was odd, right? Even by human standards? Though far more intelligent than most people I've met..." She trailed off, wondering if she'd meet the stranger again.

"So what is your limit?" she asked him, curious. Knowing would also make her more comfortable, as she had seen some of the bad decisions made by drunks and hoped dearly that John would not be one of them. "Unless, of course, you like having your comrades 'deal with you'..." She let out a small laugh, hoping the comment made her seem less concerned. Ocelot was unused to some human behavior and drinking was on that list. She shrugged, looking over at the knight, smiling anyway and trusting him to know his own limit.

OOCThank you for joining us! I do hope they meet again. Especially with how much Jilitse asked and made me think more about where Ocelot came form... :D
Ocelot
Player

Words: 14395
Joined roleplay: August 2nd, 2010, 9:28 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby John Griffin on August 31st, 2010, 5:15 pm

JilGreat to RP with you Jilitse, hopefully our characters do cross paths again

Was it something he said? John was befuddled by their hooded companion's sudden departure, his mind slightly clouded by drink. He was hardly able to mutter a, "Your welcome," and she was gone. Well, that just adds to the mystery, I suppose. Not that I'll ever see that one again. He reached for his ale, but stopped himself short of the mug, preaching discipline and moderation to himself silently.

He watched Jilitse go for a moment, then turned his attention back to his remaining companion. "She was indeed. Not so much in a bad way, but still quite peculiar," he grinned, "Even by human standards." He had never talked to a Kelvic before. Did she consider herself an animal that took human form, or a human that took animal form, he wondered. Or something in between? "Very, its fairly common amongst scholars, I hear."

Teeth gleamed as he grinned. "Erm, I do believe I hit it. That extra ale put me ahead of my normal rate, so I think I'll be taking it easy for the rest of the night." He laughed, resisting the temptation of the partially filled mug once more. "I do think I'd rather avoid that, some of my peers can be quite rough with troublemakers."

"So, letters and shapeshifting. Still good for that trade? Maybe in the next few days? Say, the fifty-seventh? I've no patrol that day."

OcI figure if we want to have a thread dealing with the reading/writing and shapeshifting that makes any sense chronologically, we'd best get a thread up before the season change. If you're good with that, you could get one started, or give me the go ahead and I'll do it. Maybe just a short one, a half dozen posts each or so? Let me know :)
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Ocelot on September 1st, 2010, 1:45 am

Oc watched for a moment, noting the way John's hand reached for the mug of ale before he stopped himself. She smiled to herself, thankful that she had judged correctly. He obviously had good self-control and Ocelot found herself laughing a bit at the display.

"At least you recognize it," she commented, her grin refusing to fade. She tried to recall the human phrase she'd heard which related to the situation, but her brain couldn't recall the words, which she'd only heard in passing on the streets of Syliras. "Yeah, I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the Knights either."

"The fifty-seventh sounds good. I've got nothing then either." Ocelot nodded, her mind already thinking through how she needed to dress in order to satisfy the laws of Syliras and her own needs for shifting.

JohnThat sounds good! I forgot the season change was so close (I'm still pretty new to the site) and completely forgot about threads being wrapped up. I'm all for a quick one, though I'm unsure of how to start. If you could start it, I would be ecstatic.

I take it that also means we should wrap this one up?
Ocelot
Player

Character sheet

Postby John Griffin on September 2nd, 2010, 1:46 pm

"The fifty-seventh it is. I'll meet you here? Say, morning? We can spend an hour or two at letters here, then go outside the city for your...thing." He yawned, his hand coming up to cover his mouth. "Well, it's getting late, and I've had just enough ale to put me to sleep." He stood, streching his arms out and nearly smacking another patron in the face as they walked by. "Apologies," he said, pulling his arms back in.

Turning back to Oc, he said, "I should be getting to sleep, it's been a long day. It was a pleasure meeting you, and I'll see you in a couple days." With a polite nod, he stepped out from the table, pushed in the chair, and walked off. The young knight stopped at the bar, got the ale he had already ordered, and gave it to a random man at the bar who thanked him heartily. Then, without so much as a glance around, he strode out the door.

OOCWe missed the season change, so I messaged Dusk for permission for the thread. If I get it I'll start one, otherwise maybe a few PMs between you and I aught to sort out what happened when our PCs met.
John Griffin
Syliran Knight

Words: 100281
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2010, 5:42 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Ocelot on September 3rd, 2010, 2:23 pm

Oc nodded her agreement, a small smile gracing her lips. She laughed as he nearly hit another patron, also standing. "Yes, it was rather nice to meet you. I'll see you in a few days." She, too, pushed in her chair, following John's example. She took a moment to glance around as her companion left the building, though she quickly concluded that leaving would be to her benefit as well.

Walking through the tavern, she drew her cloak tighter around herself, entering the night air so that she may go change and get some exercise.

OOCAlright. Sounds good. Sorry about missing the season change. ^.^'
Ocelot
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shysk on December 21st, 2010, 12:55 pm

Shysk opened the doors to the tavern and quietly closed it behind him. He looked about the tavern and shuddered at the sheer riot of noise, sights and smells; to a Mixblood who had lived in the wilds with only himself for company for the past decade, it was an mmense ensation. He gently pried his way through the press of people and sat down at a nearby table. He pulled the cloak tighter about himself, hoping to hide his half Zith heritage in the form of his blue fur, claws and crimson hair. A barmaid approached and said, "What do you want stranger?"
Shysk sliched a hand at his throat and made a retching sound. The girl looked at him dumbfounded. He sighed and pulled out a piece of paper and a quill and began writing;
I have no tongue; asking me a question is redundant, but I thank you all the same. Ale please if you have any.
The girl stared at the words then meekly nodded and walked off, glancing a him over her shoulder. The ale came and he nursed it, hiding his claws and waiting for a chance to purchase a room.
Silence is the Nightmare

The Nightmare is Real

But oft Hope is Born when All is Forlorn

And Hope is the Dream

The Dream that shall Never End

The Wind is her Lips

And the Snow Her Embrace

And We shall Never be Torn Asunder

Shysk
Silent One

Words: 8144
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Leviathan on January 28th, 2011, 5:49 pm

Thread Award!
John Griffin

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Philosophy 2 Pondering strange occurrences
Teaching 2 Explaining, in detail, the art of Relaxation
Observation 1 Basic observations
Drinking 1 Casual Drinking

Lore
Having your Sword... Eyed?
First Impressions: Kelvic
First Impressions: Jilitse

Ocelot

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Interrogation 2 Casual Questioning
Storytelling 1 Telling basic short stories of personal history

Lore
Lore of "Eying John's Sword"

Jilitse

Skills
Skill Gain Info.
Observation 4 Strong Observations of Environment, Expressions, and Vocal Tone
Interrogation 3 Extensive Questioning
Philosophy 2 Casual questioning of Deities and Human Ideals

Lore
People Watching 101
Lore of "Weirding People Out"
Kindling the 'Knowledge-Hungry' Spark

Additional CommentsVery Intriguing thread. Sorry it took me a million years to grab this. As always, I love Griffin, his ideals, his self control, his jovial personality, amazing PC. Jilitse, interesting as hell. One of my favorites to read about. I fyou have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me and we'll talk about it. Keep up the beautiful writing!
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Sythia on August 5th, 2011, 3:37 am

Sythia opens the doors of the tavern, looking around curiously. She wanders around looking for her friend she hasn't seen for a long time. She had made plans to meet her at the tavern, but her friend didn't show up. When she was done looking knowing that she would never find her friend, she sat down at a table alone. The barmaid came over and said, " Ma'am, would you like something to drink? "
Sythia shook her head no. The barmaid walked away, going to serve another table. Sythia said, " Alone again... " very quietly.
During her time of loneliness, she was thinking about her life. She realized that her mother and father died, and so did her brother. She was the only member of her family that is alive. She looked around and thought, " All of these people have family members that are alive. Im probally the only one in this tavern that has no family, no place to call home." Ever since her whole family died, she started to move around to different places. Some far away, some close to where she grew up, but she would never life in her original house. Theres too many memories in that house.
Her train of thought went away when a group of people caught her eye. " I should go talk to them. They seem like really nice people." she said quietly. She walked up to the group of people, trying not to interupt their conversation. " Hi... Im Sythia but you can call me Syth." After she said that, she felt bad because she had interupted a seemingly very important conversation." Im sorry, I interupted you..."
Sythia
Player

Words: 554
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2011, 2:52 am

Postby Leviathan on August 5th, 2011, 4:19 am

Hello there Synthia. I see you are new. I hate to do this to you, but you have started out all wrong. I'm going to have to ask you to go read up on the rules of the site, as you obviously do not know them. Before you can start posting In Character (IC) you have to do some stuff.

First off, know your rules, which will explain everything
Second, you need to make a Character Sheet

Also, so you know, you cannot post here anymore. This thread has already ended and been graded. You need to make sure that from now on you join threads that are currently active. If you have any questions you can send me a Private Message and I'll do what I can to assist you.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Cyma Clops on November 3rd, 2013, 2:54 pm

"Um... Hi...." Cyma whispered shyly. She sat down near the end of the table and looked around. "So um..." Cyma started. She tried to think of a conversation starter. She hoped people would not misjudge her for being a cyclops.

Devin flopped down in a seat. "Hey, hi, whatever, name's Devin, ya'll!" He yelled loudly, causing disruption to other conversations. He glared. "What the heck is wrong with ya'll?" he yelled.

Cyma rolled her eye. She figured that if she would just ignore him, everything would be better.
Cyma <3 :)
Cyma Clops
Player

Words: 172
Joined roleplay: November 3rd, 2013, 2:38 pm

PreviousNext