Completed [Squire Dorms] Meeting of 'Pycons' [Ser Markus Andres]

Knight and Clay meet again

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Squire Dorms] Meeting of 'Pycons' [Ser Markus Andres]

Postby Ball on October 11th, 2013, 5:00 pm

23rd of Fall 513AV

Ball was told by his temporary patron knight to remain at the dorms this morning until his new Patron came around. The squire wasn't too pleased with the temporary patron as it was, the man never came around except to tell him to train, he was too small, and Ball was useless. It was a horrible man that the knighthood made a knight. So right now Ball had settled his body down on the ground with a solid thud, sitting neatly in place as it was. Imass, his fluffy mount, was laying beside his master. Neither were prepped for training or combat either. The former knight Ball had a fondness called Liege Lord or Blue Pycon would've expected the pycon to train anyway, but that just wasn't going to happen.

Said former knight's banner rested on Ball's bed in the dorms, rolled up tightly on the stick it has been rolled onto since he received it nearly a year ago. Ball just couldn't part with it just yet. I wonder who they sent to replace that useless man of a patron knight to me now! No one seems to pleased to train me as it is. They all say I shouldn't be here and that I wouldn't amount to anything. What Ball failed to mention is in the last year the reason Ball was still here was he slugged one in the face and gotten squired still, a second knight he nearly ended the man's career while on the Isle of the White Ladies.

Resting a hand on his dog's side, his mouth curled into a smile as he could feel the dog's ribcage rise and fall in breathing, a rhythmic rise and fall, occasionally a huffing rumble would cause the ribcage to stutter in the rhythm but it would quickly correct itself. Good the punching git didn't damage him, the lady healer did good.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on October 14th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Markus stepped out of the office he had visited twice before in his life. First time had been years upon years ago, the second only a little over a year ago. That was when the order had given him Savitaire as his squire. Today they had given him a new squire. Ball. Markus had done a good job of hiding his annoyance with this particular assignment when it had been given. Ball and him had history. Two injured legs, a dislocated finger and a dog punched did not make for good history.

Markus let out a long drawn out sigh of annoyance. Duty. That word came up a lot when Markus was about to deal with Ball. Markus was rather pleased that he wore full protective armour, last time Ball had unprovoked attacked Markus - if unprovoked involved Markus questioning the squire's ability to exist and to be capable of any actions at all. He had his shield over his back, the Bastard by his left side and its smaller sister dagger just above. The latter being a gift from Fallon. Markus' teeth grit together as he walked through the hallway. That same fight had given Markus a measure of respect for the little piece of earth. He was a capable and versatile fighter, putting Markus on the defence from the very moment he initiated the fight. Only Razkar has since done the same to Markus and that meant something. To the knight at least. The little turf of moving ground probably still held a grudge against Markus for punching his dog. Markus still felt a good measure of guilt for that action.

Which was why he did not look forward to meeting the squire again. He detoured by the kitchen and pleaded the staff to allow him to take a piece of meat. Small, almost unnoticeable. If the dog still held a grudge to him, he might be able to bribe him into liking him again. It would be harder to bribe the Soil the same way, Markus had no idea what he ate... Or even if he ate. Which led him to. How the petch would he train the squire? Markus' fighting style was based on his own anatomy, maintaining balance and wielding shield and bastard sword. Ball would keel over if Markus demanded he carried that around with him. Last he had seen the squire of clay he had been in the shape of a monstrosity from the depths outside Sahova. He wished the creature had changed his shape, for Markus was not a fan of being reminded of Sahova in any shape or form.

His heavy fist pounded upon the door to Ball's designated room. "Squire Ball. I will enter now." Markus opened the door and immediately knelt with an outstretched arm, holding the meat for the dog to eat. Time to bribe the small adorable dog into not biting his fingers off all day. Looking at Ball he saw that the ... thing had obtained a shape resembling more a human. He would pet the dog on the back of its head should it come to eat from his palm. Should it bite his gloves, Markus would gently get his hand free of the small teeth and ask Ball to keep his dog in check.

"Hello, I will be your new patron, Ball." Markus held his emotions in check, made his speech pattern very stern and neutral. If not sounding as if he was dull. Markus said rising to his full height - it was going to be a pain in the ass to look almost directly down to look at Ball. How the petch did Imass do this? "I do not know what Imass has taught you or how far along you have progressed in your training to becoming a knight. But from the mess on Mura that I am willing to put behind us, I can tell you need training to control your temper. I will admit I was disrespectful of you and for that I apologize, but that does not allow you to attack a superior ranking knight. Right. What did Imass and your temporary patron teach you?" Markus' voice was fast changing, going from simple neutral to very demanding of Ball, much against' Markus intention. It was just like talking to a wall, no emotional response or change of facial expression that Markus could recognize.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on October 18th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Ball heard the knock on his door and then it opening with a suitable set of entry words. As a squire he could do nothing but watch as the knight that stepped in from the hall was made visible. The dog growled, barking loudly at the man whom punched him a few seasons back. Ball stood, nodding his acknowledgment and watching as his dog hesitated going forward towards the meat and before reaching it cowered backwards with a bark and growl.

Ball watched this ongoing act between dog and knight before the dog finally just goose necked his head at the meat, snatched it out of the knight's hand and then immediately found himself a comfortable spot near the wall with meat between front paws and started chewing heartily on the end of it. A look of amazement at how fast the dog recognized the man before them both and then first acted wary when produced a peace offering before taking the offering and ignoring both owner and peace-offering knight.

Petch. Him. Ball thought mentally, a grimace traced his facial adornment in reflection of how he felt, it was no doubt very similar in fashion to how the Ser felt in this circumstance. “Lee.Gah.Law.Ur.Da. Ta.Aw.Ta. Fe.Et.Ta.” ['Liege Lord taught fight.'] Ball couldn't explain what entirely the blue knight taught him, he taught him places of attack, exercises, Duty, Faith, Honor, Respect, Justice... He started to teach him how to use Thorn... The next Patron taught him nothing, maybe how to be useless and a lump on the log. So as a results he decided to remain silent on how the second patron taught him. Instead he went on about how Imass the knight taught him.

“He. Ta.Aw.Ta.Me.Doo.Tee.Fa.Et.Ha.On.Ur.Re.Sp.Eck.Ta.Jah.Es.Ta.Ic.” ['He taught me Duty, faith, honor, respect, justice.'] Then the once round pycon pointed to the metal wedge known as Thorn, “Dat too.” ['That too.'] Simple explanation.

“An.Da.Wu.Ta.Ha.Pen.Na.A.Wa.Ya.” ['And what happen away.']The squire was trying to indicate the situation on Mura. As he knew not what it was called. “Ho.Ma.Of.Fa.Pur.Tee.Lay.Dee.Py.Con.” ['Home of Pretty Lady Pycon'] Ball noted, realizing just then that all the other women of Mura were in the same skin tone and hair color as Nira'lia.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on October 31st, 2013, 5:41 pm

It took Markus several seconds to understand that Ball had said something and not just made random sounds. Several seconds more to figure out what he had said. All he got was something with lord. Or lawyer. To Markus it lord made most sense. He would have asked the clayman what he had said, but from the length of the response he gathered that he had not yet responded to Markus' question. Then it carried on, speaking again. This time he was ready to try and decipher what it said to him. Duty was easy. Honour was there as well. Something that sounded like just - Which probably meant justice. Markus nodded and despite himself smiled a little. Imass had done a good job with Ball when it came to what areas he had taught him, mostly the mentality of a true knight. The commitment to keeping the peace through justice and not tyranny. His eyes went to the odd thing he pointed at, looking like a broken spearhead or something like that. Looked deadly and at the same time looked the perfect size for something like Ball.

Markus nodded slowly, somewhat understanding what it said later. The words at least, the meaning he did not really get. Something about after Mura and home of pretty ladies. How a piece of clay could know that Nira'lia and her kin was pretty was beyond Markus. But he wasn't curious enough to start asking questions about that, best to leave the squire with those thoughts to himself.

Seemed Imass had done some good groundwork for the squire and Markus could trust that Imass had taught Ball some good values. Values Markus also firmly believed in. Although perhaps with a lesser religious fervor than Imass.

”Excellent. It is good to hear that Imass has taught you beyond the physical demands. Because of our different … let's just say physical attributes, it makes little to no sense for me to teach you my style of fighting or even a human style of fighting. You simply lack what it requires. Instead, my training will be more focused on you learning to utilize yourself the best. - Your way of targetting the legs was outstanding, cripple the enemy and you're almost guarenteed a victory. ” Markus praised the squire for almost maiming him during that battle. But Markus had just said he would put it behind him, so his voice was somewhat neutral. Doing a good job of hiding the annoyance he felt with this particular squire, worse was the annoyance of respect he had for its fighting capability. However! I don't want to see you ever using that move on your fellow squires or knights. It is too dangerous an attack. - It is something you only do when you are fighting an enemy of Syliras.” Markus said sternly before the features on his face easened. There was things he had to make it understand.

”Ball if you are to be my squire. My expectations are simple, but my punishment is harsh should you not follow my orders or act out of line. - Act with honour and speak the truth. Help the weak and be generous those in need. Let not your judgment be clouded by intolerance or lack of patience. Do your duty and respect your superiors. If you let these words guide your actions and path in life, no matter your kin or age, you will be accepted as a knight.” To Markus, the last words were hard to say. But duty was duty and this thing was now his squire. He would act appropriately and be tolerant to his new squire. Act himself as he had just spoken. Markus right hand was suddenly rested on the Bastard and with a maneouvre taught to him by Wystern, in ages past, unsheathed and the polished blade with all its nicks and scrapes from years of use gleamed gently from the light in the room. Markus let the tip slowly lower towards the squire, keep the movement steady and non threatening, until the sword gently touch Ball's 'shoulders' ”Until the knights deem me unworthy to train you or either of us perish on the battlefield, you'll be my squire, Ball.” Althought never been one for the grand gestures, it was perhaps time Markus learned those. This was perhaps a too grand gesture for something this small, but it was mostly for himself as well. Time to turn a page and fill in the gigantic shoes Imass had left behind.

”Let us get to work and turn you into a proper knight. You ready to go or do you require time to get your armour and gear?” – Markus spoke, back to his more reserved self.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on November 4th, 2013, 9:13 pm

Ball had heard the stuff that Markus was rambling on about from Imass seasons ago, duty, honor, justice. Didn’t I just go over this? In fewer words sure... Ball listened, lucky he was lacking most of the more common facial features most races had and therefore his boredom and annoyance at his own things being basically repeated to himself went unnoticed...

When the blade was pulled from its sheath the sudden shift in the pyken trained pycon was evident, his hands balled into fists and his feet shifted into a more offensive positioning. They remained in that position even though the knight’s manner of using the sword was far from a harmful fashion. Once the blade touched Ball’s ‘shoulders’ and Markus spoke a slurry of words that Ball understood as a more formal way of being squired did the pycon’s stance revert to a more relaxed position, granted they never did shift back to a completely at-ease form.

It took Ball a few more minutes to realize he was still in one piece and that his new patron asked if his was prepared. Ball looked at his dog and the belongings he had set in a pile before the dog. Amongst his belongings were Zealot’s banner, a sliver of metal the squire used as a lance, his very own rapier in a sheath, and a few odds and ends. Ball nodded when he turned back to his sponsor.

No verbal answer came from the pycon as he hurried to his belongings, opening his trunk at the foot of his massively large bed the small squire managed to drag the zealot’s banner into the trunk, stashing it from prying eyes. While in the safety of his trunk Ball took the time to relieve his insides of the metallic monetary coins he held within. It took several ticks but with all those miza came up the strip of Imass’s tunic he kept from that Summer so long ago. Grabbing a hold of that strip of fabric Ball leapt out of his trunk, tugging it down as he dropped to the ground.

The trunk slammed shut as Ball threaded the strip through the loop on his rapier’s sheath. Tying the whole thing to his ‘waist’ shifting body mass around to do so comfortably. Once that was done Ball picked up Thorn, cradling it in his arms as he struggled to quickly climb onto his mount’s back.

Nearing a half a chime later Ball was ready, sitting heroically as the small squire could before Ser Markus Andres. He had managed to muster himself rather quickly he thought.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on November 11th, 2013, 3:52 am

Markus looked at the silent piece of clay. Momentarily wondering if it had died and just frozen on the spot. Died of shock that it had been touched with a sword? Markus managed to get a bit worried about the little squire. But once he spoke again, the thing seemed to get into motion and got his gear together and was soon prepared to leave. Markus was not sure if he should cry or if he should laugh at the squire sitting on the dog's back. His response in the end became a shake of his head in disbelief as he turned for the door and left as he sheathed his sword.

"Let us go then."

Markus was pretty sure he would be the laughing stock of the entire garrison of squires and knights should they see this unreal and almost surreal thing follow him about. Fallon had told him to question orders, Markus had refused that idea when she had voiced her opinion. But right now he was beginning to regret that he had not argued or complained about being given Ball as his squire. It all came back to that single word that kept Markus bound to his orders. Duty. He looked to Ball. Teaching him how to wield a shield would be pointless. Anything capable of hitting such a small target reliably in combat would be able to circumvent the shield. Besides, equipping Ball with a shield would be counter productive. Would detract from his speed. Looking further down to the dog he was sitting on. How the petch did Ball fight mounted in the first place? It piqued his interest enough to chase away the annoyance he felt with the hard to understand and even harder to decipher squire. First step. Getting to know the thing's motivation would be a good idea. Understand perhaps a bit of the reasoning of the squire.

"So, Ball, why did you join the knights?" Markus often asked this of squires. In fact, most squires he had asked that question had admirable goals of protecting their city, or helping mankind recover. Markus looked to the dog again. Wishing he had more meat just to throw it when Ball was training. To see how well he had trained the little creature. If it would heed his command even though a meal was nearby. A lesson for a different day. Today, was to learn of the squire and his ideals and getting creative with the possibilities of turning Ball into a living weapon.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on November 11th, 2013, 4:13 pm

When Ball was ready and Ser Pycon said to move out, in far more words than that of course, the squire did as he was told. Mindful of his placement in proxmity to the knight’s Ball tried his hardest to keep himself slightly to the left and behind Markus’s footfalls. It just wouldn’t due for the small dog or it’s rider to get caught underfoot, regardless of how much fun and satisfication it might give the knight.

It didn’t seem to take long for Markus to start asking Ball questions, even though the pycon could tell his newly made sponsor wasn’t too thrilled, still, about the arrangement he was given when it came to becoming Ball’s tutor in the knightly ways. It wasn’t much fun for Ball either, but he wasn’t worried about people laughing or anything. He was more worried about being beaten for previous transgressions between the two that are supposedly in the past but Ball was sure would crop up in the near future.

I hope not. This seems a more befitting relation between us... Minus the sword... Ball still was frightened of that large sword. It did nearly squish him last time him and the sword met. When asked why did he join the knighthood Ball was not sure. He had no reason to join anything. Ball didn’t think about why he remained after Liege Lord left, he couldn’t give an answer. There was no answer. He remained loyal to the Blue Pycon, if not to himself in return.

“Lee.Gah.Lo.Ur.Da.” [‘Liege Lord.’] Was all the three inch clay squire could speak up with in regards to that question. He had no real answer. The typical answers didn’t pertain to Ball, he had no idea of the meaning, completely, behind the Order, nor did he have any real feelings when it came to the causes or effect, the actions, or even the groundwork of the Order. He did it for a man, a man that gave him a chance and opened the world to him.

That man was Ball’s whole reason of remaining on the current path he found himself on.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on January 11th, 2014, 2:35 pm

The pace was brisk, Ball would have to keep up on his own if able to, Markus did not need a squire who could not even keep up with him when it came to walking. Besides, he had seen the bugger move, he could be deceptively quick despite being a lump of clay. The answer to his question had Markus peek over his shoulder at the little creature. Fortunately the creature had used those words before and it only took Markus a moment to translate it in his mind. But that was not the reason he looked at the creature. Imass had been the reason for Ball to join the order? Not surprising, Imass had been a charismatic man and Markus missed the zealous knight more often than he liked to admit.

"I see."

For the hundredth time within just as many chimes, he reminded himself to treat Ball well. But for the hundredth time or more so, he was reminded that Ball was, in many ways, Imass' legacy. The last reminder of the great knight. A pycon squire. He cast those thoughts aside and focused ahead again. Reminiscing was a waste of time. The duo stepped/rolled into the training area and Markus looked about for a free training area. Finding a wooden dummy free he set off straight for it, his armoured creaked a bit as he moved and he was reminded that he needed to clean it again soon. Fall had been a long series of battles and training for him and thus the armour constantly got dirty again and again. He stood before the five foot ten tall dummy and waited for Ball to either catch up or stand ready. Markus ignored any looks from other knights at his companion.

"Your speed and power of impact is already phenomenal, Ball" Markus started and pointed to the wooden dummy. "So let us work on accuracy, range and weak spots. When fighting humans or similarly shaped races, there are several spots where we really hurt when struck." Markus tapped the wooden dummy on the head and neck area. "The most obvious weak spot. If you can strike this area, go for it, the easiest way to kill anyone is a solid blow to this area. Though, only do this if your intention is to kill."

Markus said as he took several steps away from the wooden dummy.

"Show me you can reach its head with an attack. If you can, I would like to see you strike it five times in a row."
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on January 13th, 2014, 5:32 pm

Ball had stopped his mount before the dummy and dropped off the dog with ease. Staring up at the dummy he listened to his knightly instructor. They were the most lethal attack spots, the ones that Imass focused on were the most crippling, Ball noticed that when he took out Markus’ kneecap. It wasn’t a death blow, but it was a blow that cause the knight out of combat fairly easily. If only I got the other one too.

Listening to first the man’s praise in Ball’s speed and power he wanted the pycon to do a series of attacks that involved the neck and head. Ball nodded and then looked up at the dummy. Reach it’s head with an attack... Ball looked over the dummy and flexed his being immensely. Doubling back on his form the pycon rolled his body tightly into a circle and bounced a bit in place. The ring shape he took allowed for some spring formation to push his body up in to the air, but sadly the pycon just couldn’t get enough push into the air.

The last bounce attempt Ball released his ring shape and stood back up on his feet. Disappointment etched his facial feature as he balled a fist up and stepped up the dummy’s leg. Aggression was boiling upward in Ball and it was visible as his arm was shaking tremendously. Bending at his knees the pycon jumped as high as he could, just above the knee, and punched.

His punch landed hard at the placement where leg connected with hip, the wood splintered on impact and Ball dropped to the ground. The dummy remained standing, but it’s one leg was a real mess.

The head is just too high...

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Markus Andres on January 22nd, 2014, 8:10 pm

Markus looked as Ball attacked and felt a chill go down his spine, he remembered being the one at the receiving end of one of those attacks. It was not a comforting memory. But the reach was far from what Markus had hoped or anticipated. He had been thinking the torso or belly area where he might wind the opponent or similar. It would seem their focus for the day would be height and precision. He looked at Ball smash the thigh bone of the wooden dummy. Or rather, the representation of a thigh bone, it was just a piece of wood. Still, it was rather disturbing how much force the little piece of clay could put into his attacks. Markus lips grew white as he pressed them together into a thin line. As he examined the damage to the dummy. Stepping closer and letting a finger poke at the broken piece of wood. Solid hit. Massive damage.

Definitely something Markus could work with, it was just time to get some more air into his squire's attack. Markus stepped away and looked to Ball again.

"Not exactly where I told you to strike, but I can't argue with the result. I take it that is your furthest reach at the moment? Something we will have to work on in any case. But let us give you a target that is closer to the ground as our current goal." Markus tapped his knuckles against the soft spot of the chest. Between the belly and the solid ribcage, a nice little spot where ribs were weak and the lungs exposed.

"Here. If you hit this area with enough force you will wind your target. Force the air from their lungs and make them weaker for the rest of the battle. If you hit with enough force, you might knock 'em down for good and keep them out of the fight. But that requires more precision than with the head. The ideal target is the middle area right here." Markus tapped the center of the chest just below where the center piece of the ribcage would be. Markus knew not the name for this spot, nor the name for the center of the ribs. Just that when struck there by his master, he lost all resembles of air in his lungs and often enough, swiftly defeated after.

"And if that is also too far out of range. There are two more targets. You know the knees already, so I will skip those. There is right here." Markus tapped right where the two legs met up and where on all the humanoid races the reproductive organs were located. Markus was not overly fond of teaching someone who could strike with such incredible force this weak spot. Mainly because Markus would never want to spar with Ball again, ever. He could face a horde of Yukmen and look Dira in the eyes and not flinch. But Ball going directly for Markus nether regions, that he had a problem facing without flinching.

"Some would consider it a low blow to strike here and it is probably also where the term comes from. An underhanded tactic by all means, but let us not get into what is a low blow or underhanded. It is a legitimate target and you should treat it as such. This is your target for today. Aim for that first. Strike it as hard as you can." Markus stepped away from the dummy and a part of him was not looking forward to the damage done to the dummy.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Next