Completed Getting Lost Again [Bolivar]

Ball gets lost... A Second time...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Getting Lost Again [Bolivar]

Postby Ball on October 31st, 2013, 1:12 pm

35th of Fall 513AV
Dawn, Squires Dormitories

Ball had taken the time to relieve in body of the large amount of monetary value before getting Imass prepped for a stroll through the city of Syliras. Storing the crazy amount of mizas he was in possession of at the bottom of the chest given to him for storage purposes Ball had made sure to cover it with a Thorn, his first Patron Knight’s banner, and other small odds and ends that may have been laying around at the bottom of the chest from a previous owner. The only two things the clay squire kept out of the trunk was a strip of an old blue tunic and his rapier sheathed in leather.

Running the strip of cloth into the loop at the end of the sheath Ball careful tied the strip around the equivalency of his waist, it was a simple procedure and unfortunately it was not the greatest way of keeping the weapon on him, but it worked for now. After moving some clay upward to give him some more room to tie the sword into place Ball nodded and stepped to the side of his mount. The slumbering dog was use to be awaken by the squire in this fashion and thusly did nothing about it as Ball pulled on the side flank of the much larger mount and settled himself into place.

Several nudges later and the lazy riding dog groaned to its feet and both clay master and dog left the dormitory Ball was given once he returned to Syliras after his mini-adventure. Today was going to be one of those days he planned on doing something beyond training with a weapon or himself. Today he planned on doing some plain old riding. It felt good to not be required to do anything right now, Ser Pycon was off doing whatever Ser Pycon did and that meant that Ball could do whatever he wanted.

And today I ride! He laughed at the idea as he nudged the dog’s sides with his feet and the dog picked up speed. Ball hunched over so he was nearly laying on the dog’s back against his neck, afraid that if he sat up the speed his furry mount was gaining would rip him off and leave him in the dust.

----
Seven Bells Later...

Ball and Imass found themselves in a small hallway of the massive castle fortress City known as Syliras, Ball knew it as The Rock Beast, the pycon squire wasn’t quite ready to call himself lost, but he was entirely beyond the point of denying it to himself. This was the second time in this year alone that Ball found himself lost and alone. The first time was in Nyka, and that experience left him rather uneasy with being lost.

Petch... He gently nudged the dog to a stand still and in a slow and methodical method Ball tugged on Imass’s neck fur on the right. The dog, in reaction, slowly turned to in that direction. Just as Ball expected, he got himself lost. Petching Petch Shyke.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 1st, 2013, 3:15 pm

It was already getting quite late for most Sylirans but for Bolivar the day was just starting for him. Dressed in his soldier's outfit for the evening Bolivar was just making his way out of the open air market before going out and-

"Arf!"

"What the?"

The squire might have stepped on something. A dog? He was sure he heard a squeak of some sort. But to miss a dog? And what was on it? Some sort of toy?

Finding a severe lack of words Bolivar just stared back at the toy and dog for a tic before looking around for assistance.

Does anyone else see this thing? It's like someone attached some sort of animation golem on the poor thing.

"That has to be the hairiest looking rat of a dog I've ever seen. I'm sorry about that."

Trying to coax the dog closer Bolivar beckoned the beast closer. Rat dog or not he still thought it adorable. Even with that odd looking contraption of clay on top of it.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Got some Christmas plans. So going to be busy until around after the holidays.
Bolivar
Just go with it

Words: 299487
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2011, 2:06 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ball on November 4th, 2013, 8:45 pm

The dog remained slowly taking it’s circular motions when Bolivar came close to it and tried to coat it closer. Ball remained sitting upon Imass. “My. Daw.Ga.” [‘My dog.’] He burbled, Ball’s hand found the hilt of his small rapier, feeling the sturdy leather bound hilt in his grasp.

For the first time ever Ball felt rather confident while holding the weapon, granted he was in any sense of the words, a master of the weapon. Hell, Ball wasn’t even a novice of the weapon, he could recall nearly chopping his own tentacle off few weeks prior. Tapping the dog to sit, which it did obediently, Ball climbed to it’s head, standing there the three inch squire looked up at the towering larger ‘pycon’.

“My. Daw.Ga.” [‘My dog.’] he repeated, as it to make his point clear. Hand placed once more on his rapier’s hilt. It wasn’t exactly a menacing look, but it was, what Ball hoped, a very obvious point he was making. Imass was his mount, not some rat-dog stray.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 4th, 2013, 9:36 pm

"Eh?"

Bolivar really put some effort in showing his confusion hearing the contraption talk. Drawing his lips back so much so that he beared his teeth slightly.

Simply put Bolivar was astounded both by how well trained the dog was and how intricate the animation seemed. It was so concrete that Bolivar could have sworn that Ball thought itself as people.

Watching the little pycon rap it's weapon once more repeating itself. This time Bolivar understood.

His doge? Dog. Right...

"Forgive me..."

Stopping his apology short Bolivar seized up incredulously. What was he doing? this was just some contraption on a well trained dog. Somewhere, somehow someone was controling this thing making a fool of him. It wouldn't do well to make light of the Syliran knights. But how would he find the perpatrator?

"Oh great mighty ruler. Forgive my transgresions."

Making grandiose movements Bolivar bowed quite low to the clay figure and it's mount in an attempt to find the controller. His eyes scanning the area while his head bowed he watched for any person out of place in the next few moments.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on November 4th, 2013, 9:46 pm

To Boliver’s misfortune there was no controller... But there was a pycon within each. And said pycon was getting frustrated beyond belief. I’ll show you master. With the larger pycon’s head still bowed Ball brought his arm forward and smacked the being hard enough to make it clear he was not just some toy.

The squire was nearing his limit of restraint, he knew damn well that Ser Pycon would punish him if he stepped his bounds, but this... This... Moronic Pycon was getting on his nerves. Grrr... With the simple ‘lovetap’ Ball brought his arm back by his side. “I. Ball. Yu. Mow.Ron.Ick.Py.Con.” [‘I Ball. You Moronic Pycon,’] Ball huffed, his hand not touching his rapier was balled into a fist. A look of ‘repeat-that-I-am-a-toy-again-I-dare-ya gracing the only facial feature Ball had.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 5th, 2013, 4:41 pm

The smack came as a surprise as anyone can imagine. Bolivar shook his head dumbfounded as anyone should. Being thrown to his side by the force the squire was no doubt very confused but what happened. Looking around he saw some confused looks aimed his way but that was all the attention he garnered. Looking back at Ball Bolivar was still coming into grips that that indeed just happened.

Listening to the animations jabber it indeed sounded like it felt threatened or at the very least unamused by the squire. If the "thing" spoke a little slower or if Bolivar cared to listen he might start to understand but alas the squire was much too proud for such pleasantries.

No one stood out around them, at least to Bolivar's eyes and ears. This quite possibly was something he just had to accept and move on. To accept this animation as it's own individual controller? Making a face too it was easier to see that it indeed thought for itself but a dog as a mount? Since it was so short it made sense...

"You. Dog. Mount. You and dog. Dog is yours. You by yourself and your dog. Going alone. All this correct?!?!"

Pointing back and forth at Ball and Imass something inside snapping within the squire who went with his usual plan of just going along with whatever was going on. This clay construction was insisting that what it did was of it's own free will? Well then it must certainly be true. If that was the case it was only fair that Bolivar cleared up things with the clay thing and it's dog.

Taking a knee near the dog Bolivar moved to pick up the dog as he kept his eyes centered on Ball. Not quite forcing the issue curious eyes looked at Ball this odd weird thing that had enough guts to teach Bolivar his place. Yes there was intelligence in the clay's expression. The dog in his hands seemed quite trained as well so there was only one thing left.

"You are speaking to squire Bolivar of patron knight Theron. With whom am I speaking with?"
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on November 7th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Trained, sure... In basic combat and instinct reactions. Over the past year Imass had seen a lot of shyke and being handled by someone was not in his favour usually. So when Bolivar’s hand reached the point of no safe return Imass snapped outward, Ball jerked with the movement, even though he knew it was coming, and tumbled backwards. All sense of intimidation gone.

Petch! Damn dog. Ball sat up from his current location on the ground behind the dog. A tumble was no fun for the three inch squire. He stood quickly, released a whistle and the dog released the hand of Bolivar and sat on the ground. Imass remained growling at Bolivar and Ball stepped to the side and towards the front, okay... He had to walk to get there, but still!

When the man’s words finally sunk in Ball nodded, “Ya.Ess.” [‘Yes.’]

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 9th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Did that rat dog just bit him? Bolivar giving a slight grimace shaking a gloved hand. Looking first at the dog and back at the clay figure Bolivar could only guess that this again was part of the dog's training.

Well trained indeed.

Of course with a handler like that the dog must have faced peril numerous times. Such a transparent act was likely to draw the animal's ire.

Aww well I tried. But the dog is innocent in this matter now that I think about it.

The dog's slight forgiven Bolivar turned to make good on Ball's sucker punch. Was that really the knight way?

Bolivar's emotions reaching a neutral point rubbed his chin thoughtfully etching out the spot Ball had given him a love tap. A fresh start was needed, Bolivar could only imagine how difficult it was to be that small and that odd looking. Of course you weren't perceived as a member of society at first. Bolivar was understanding this but still held on to some minor shred of distain having his pride tested by one so small.

"You are speaking to squire Bolivar of patron knight Ser Theron. With whom am I speaking with?"

There. With that hopefully the both of them would understand. For Bolivar to realize Ball was just another citizen and for Ball to see he wasn't being spoken down to.

"That is quite the right nasty hook there clay man. Did you have a task to do? Anything I can help you along with?"

All thoughts of grabbing the mutt and flinging it far slowly subsiding Bolivar took a knee as he tried to listen to what the Pycon had to say.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on November 11th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Ball nearly gawked when he heard the larger pycon was actually a squire as well, wondering why he never seen the man prior to this encounter didn’t enter his nexus one bit. Instead Ball had to pause in answering, who did he have to consider was his Patron Knight? Liege Lord, whom was lost in battle, or Ser Pycon? Technically, to date Ball’s patron was Ser Pycon. Being the most current and obvious answer Ball turned his ‘face’ upward to Bolivar.

“I.Ball.I.Ska.Y.Er. Tu. Ser. Pycon.” [‘I Ball. I squire to Ser Pycon.’] A truthful answer, even if Bolivar didn’t know which knight Ser Pycon really was. As far as Ball was concerned that was his name. Just as Bolivar’s name was ‘Moronic Pycon’.

You oversize oaf. You look shocked that a squire’s mount bites you for trying to reach out for it. Be glad I don’t smack you one.

“I.Ow.Ta.Rye.Dee.Ing.” [‘I out riding.’] He patted Imass’s neck gently with one of his hands as if to indicate the action he was speaking, “I.Ow.Ta.Paw.Troll.Ing.” [‘I out patrolling.’] A squire or knight’s job didn’t end just because he was free from the rigors of training and learning the knightly ways.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Bolivar on November 15th, 2013, 3:56 pm

The thing's name was Abel? Ser Pycon or did he mean squire to a Ser Pycon?

The whole jumbling of words this contraption of clay, expression and dog had little in the way of speaking on an even level with Bolivar. Though his common was decent enough when faced with such an odd mannerism of speaking it was easy to see how inadequate Bolivar was in having a straight conversation with this Abel.

Bolivar's patience it seemed was once again being tested. Feeling his teeth bare slightly at the slight hiccup in communicating with the clay thing drew his mouth to form a thin set line. Perhaps if the thing spoke slower or he tried a bit harder to listen to the broken common he would be able to make real sense of Abel's words.

“Riding and patrolling? On that doge you call a mount?”

Trying to relate to the clay mound bolivar shoot his head still unsure of what to make of Abel. No doubt it felt like it was a squire and the dog was his companion in that regard but why was it patrolling the castle of all things? How exactly would it defend the city? Perhaps it was the castle's rat exterminator or something, the squire was still at a lost at what the pycon was capable of.

“Why would you patrol inside the castle? Plenty of knights here.”

Sighing at his fate Bolivar let his pride take a break as he spoke frankly to Abel. If this was a ruse on someone's part there'd be Hai to pay but if not, wasn't it expected of him to assist his comrades in any and every way? It wasn't right of him to ask that, the thing was trying if it was indeed a squire and all the squires needed to feel accomplished in their duty to the knights.

“Did you have somewhere else in mind to go to? A quest for one of such stout feet?”

Rubbing his chin meticulously Bolivar still was taking a knee to speak with Abel. Perhaps he should help guide him along the weird little squire's way. Maybe consider not flipping the dog for it's rider's cheap shot at Bolivar. Grow a little bit regarding his virtues and character. Perhaps... we'll see.
Last edited by Bolivar on January 1st, 2014, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bold is Speech
Italics is Thought

Bolivar
Just go with it

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next