Striders

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Striders

Postby Aran Windblown on November 25th, 2013, 2:12 pm

What is the average age for a Strider to choose his rider? Also, how does the Strider show that they've chosen their rider? Is it more dramatic, or something as simple as just following them around and allowing the Drykas to ride it? Or does it vary from Strider to Strider?
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Striders

Postby Ball on November 25th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Varies
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Striders

Postby Kavala on November 25th, 2013, 4:18 pm

A strider can choose at any age. My pc got chosen by a foal when she was a child. The foal grew. They 'know' when the strider bonds. Their web magic ties to the rider and they are 'aware' of each other beyond a normal horse bond. In fact pretty much everyone knows that's tied to the web or has experience webbing. To an outsider, its just a normal horse and rider.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Striders

Postby Taylani on November 25th, 2013, 4:47 pm

I want a strider :( ...In real life that is....:P

I graded a thread where a strider/Drykas bond happened and though it was nothing that was fireworks and angelic Hallelujah's described it did read as a really beautiful experience between the horse and drykas. Again it wasn't a glowing white light filled with "ahhhh" a more internal thing that wouldn't be witnessed by outsiders. let me see if I cant find that thread

Destiny's Call

Arundel and Rue go out hunting, and Modded by Praetorian. The last few posts will give you a good idea of a strider/Drykas bond. It was really beautifully written.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)