[THE WILD] Finding Your Calling (Shad & Feli) [FINISHED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

[THE WILD] Finding Your Calling (Shad & Feli) [FINISHED]

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 1:10 pm

32nd of Summer, 510 AV - Late evening
Outskirts of Wind Reach

"May I ask again, where we are going?" Axel inquired, her dainty talons moving silently along the leaf-covered ground. "Anywhere," Brunhild sighed dreamily, her eyes fixated on the cliff ahead. "May I ask, why?" Axel added with a chuckle, stopping dead on her tracks for the Inarta girl to mount her. "We've got to explore sometime," she latched onto the saddle and held on tight, fixing her belongings to make sure they would not fall from the journey.

"True, I do want to see what is beyond this place which we call home..." Axel began to speed down to the edge of the cliff, and out into the open, they flew. "Yes, so do I..." Brunhild murmured, eyelids heavy from sleep deprivation. "It's not like we have anything left back there, but we're still coming back!" she said in a positive tune as they began to soar past lakes, hills, and forests.

"Yes well, we can't just leave home forever..." Axel agreed happily, her dark indigo wings flapping against the wind. "Your father would want you to stay..."

"I would want that as well, and I'm sure you do too..." Brunhild murmured affectionately, reaching out a bony hand to caress Axel's feathery neck. The duo continued to fly ahead, where an adventure surely awaited.

---

35nd of Summer, 510 AV - Late evening
Between Wind Reach and Sultros: Caverns

"I-I'm tired, Brunhild?" Axel nudged the Inarta girl as she gently soared down to lower ground, where she landed on a tall tree nearby a few barren-looking caverns. "Mm, yes father, I'll always be here-- ah!" Brunhild jolted up from her sleep as they landed onto a thick branch. "My apologies, I fell asleep..." she giggled, sitting up straight and grabbing a few fruits from her little black rucksack. "Here," she exclaimed rather cheerfully and loudly, feeding the slate blue Wind Eagle the treats. "Thank you," Axel nodded, munching on the food happily. "Do you mind if we rest here for a while?" the Wind Eagle inquired, already finding a comfortable position on the branch. "Of course not," Brunhild muttered absentmindedly, looking around the mysterious caverns and tall trees surrounding them.
Last edited by Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 17th, 2010, 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

[THE WILD] Finding Your Calling (Shadoran, Felicia, Kaime)

Postby Shadoran Neckrender on August 16th, 2010, 1:32 pm

34th of Summer, 510 AV- Midnight.

The dark figure skimmed the night, as, with a thud the grey figure landed, brushing sand off her jacket. Straightening, she glanced around and leaned back. Shadoran had arrived.

35th of Summer,510 AV-Night

Shadoran opened her eyes, as she began to stand, slowly exiting the cave which she had slept in the day before. There was something different, a presence, a deep heartbeat, and a lighter one near it. She sighed. Her employer must have arrived. Slowly, she stepped between the trees, behind the Inarta and leaned forward, whispering slowly.
"It took you long enough,"
Shadoran Neckrender
The Shadow Mistress

Words: 10008
Joined roleplay: August 15th, 2010, 8:26 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 1:55 pm

With Axel fast asleep, Brunhild could only gape with wide eyes flooded with terror as she gasped, eyes locked on the Zith that appeared behind her. "I-I... I don't know what you mean... I..." she stuttered violently, eyes darting from side to side in fear. She hadn't prepared for an encounter like this.

Axel twitched, but still remained unmoving. Brunhild inched away from the Zith, still careful not to wake her Wind Eagle. "I'm sorry... I believe you've got the... the wrong person..." she gulped, turning red with fear as she looked everywhere but at the Zith.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Shadoran Neckrender on August 16th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Shadoran rolled her eyes, sighing.
"You are that Inarta that was looking for a bodygaurd right? No matter, since i'm here i might as well go with you. My fee is four gold Mizas per day. Don't worry about food costs, if anyone tries to kill you i will eat them."
Her voice is sweet, yet dripping with the threat of death, as she curls her lips into a grin, close to baring her teeth.
"So then, i'll collect my wages when we get back to your home. And if you skimp out, well let's say i may need a toothpick."
The grin vanishes, replaced by a cheerful smile, as she continues in the same sweet innocent tones.
"I'm sure we'll get along fine."
Shadoran Neckrender
The Shadow Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 2:11 pm

"A-Ah, I'm not looking for a bodyguard!" Brunhild stuttered wildly, and spoke far too loud. Axel woke up and quickly turned around. "What is the matter--" the Wind Eagle looked up to find the Zith there, and screeched.

"A-Axel!" Brunhild whined, holding the neck of the indigo Wind Eagle and hugging it. "Please, I... I didn't ask for..." She whimpered, burying her face in her eagle's feathers. Axel chirped aloud threateningly. "Shall we fly?"
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Felicia Skye on August 16th, 2010, 2:16 pm

35nd of Summer, 510 AV - Late evening

It was another dark night for Felicia. Impeding her reading and making her put studying glyphs on hold until the sun came up again. Felicia sighed and yawned. She was too excited about magic to sleep yet again. Two whole days without sleep. Time seemed endless during the night, it was like a dark barren purgatory in which Felicia was blinded.

Felicia sighed and bit her lower lip, thinking about Glyphing, Reimancy and Morphing. And obviously of ways to inter-twine the three arts together. A powerful wingbeat thrummed in the distant sky, rhythmically. The sound was mesmerizing, Felicia dismissed it for being a big-sized bird of prey, nothing else. Her eyes started to narrow shut as she was drifting to a sweet, deep sleep. The wing-beats were coming closer and closer. Felicia was growing more and more distant from the world.

Suddenly, the wing-beats stopped. The beast, whatever it was... landed down with a thud. Felicia heard human voices coming from nearby. She quickly got up and focused on her Djed. Her Jawline grew slightly as pointy fangs, clad with canines replaced Felicia's teeth. Her nails erupted into sharp claws and her skin and hair became an abyssal black. Just so she could blend in more easily through the night.

Felicia bet low in the midst of the bushes for a while, eaves dropping. But after a while, as soon as she saw it was a single defenseless human and a bodyguard She started walking towards them in a proud casual stride. She approached them from the back, knowing they wouldn't expect a confrontation. She had been gathering a ball of Res in her lungs since coming out of the cave. Her breathing was becoming harder and harder. Suddenly, Felicia expelled the ball of Res through her mouth, igniting it at the last moment before the fist-sized ball hit the floor and yielded a few sizzling flames. Felicia probably could've hit the defenceless female in the back with the fire. Yet, she didn't want to kill her so cheaply. Felicia knew the flame would startle the intruders.

With a grin, Felicia pounced upon the red-haired female, landing on top of her and closing her claws slowly around the female's neck. Everything about Felicia was black. Except her grin, which showed a gruesome demonstration of sharp canines. Clearly intended for tearing up flesh. "This was your last mistake, intruder. Prepare for an endless night." The claws slowly started growing tighter and tighter, barely piercing the flesh at the neck with the tips, Summoning up a thin rivulet of blood for each finger. Felicia bent forwards and licked off the blood, her grin growing wider and wider. Her razor-sharp teeth now rendered blood-stained. "Don't you move, bodyguard. If you do, your master dies. She's at my mercy, I could pierce the jugular with almost no effort at all. Get naked, now. Let me see you get dis-armed."

Felicia Skye
Player

Words: 9908
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Brunhild's high-pitched screech echoed in the woods as she found herself plummeting to the ground, razor sharp claws digging into the flesh of her neck, spilling out beads of ruby-red blood.

"A-Ah.." the Inarta girl squirmed from the grasps of the strange being straddling her. She couldn't say anything, she was far too terrified. Axel darted off to the grassy floor, standing her ground at a safe distance away. "Brunhild, be strong.." the Wind Eagle exclaimed, flapping her wings rapidly, causing strong cold winds to blow off around them. "You can do this!"

"I... I... let go of me!" Brunhild managed, fiery red hair glowing under the luminescent light of the moon. She sat up and attempted to brush the being's hand away, but only for a moment. "It's no use..." she cried out to Axel, who inched closer in desperation. "You can do this! Be strong!" the Wind Eagle looked up and chirped at the Zith still on the tree branch to help her.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Postby Shadoran Neckrender on August 16th, 2010, 2:32 pm

"Oh, you're not... well i'm looking for cash, so i'll work for you anyway, three gold Mizas per day." Shadoran continued in the same tone, reclining back onto a nearby tree. Twisting a branch of the nearby tree, she opened her palm, black smoke coiling from her palm onto her finger. Then, suddenly, she snapped her fingers, fire forming on the tip of her nail.
"Fire, bloody bright but makes food taste so much better."
She stopped and cocked her head, high heartbeat rate. From both of them...
"Look, there's no need to be nervous, the i'll eat you if you don't pay up thing no longer applies."
She sighs, flicking the fire onto the branch.
"I can always do with a slave or two."
The flame burned brighter for a second, and then went out.
"Damn! Only Ten seconds, I have got to practise more."
Then the big flame came.
Shadoran swore as she picked herself up, facing the creature, as she threw off her jacket and gloves, exposing her leathery wings and sharp inch long nails.
"Now get off my boss or you're dead meat."
Shadoran Neckrender
The Shadow Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Felicia Skye on August 16th, 2010, 3:00 pm

"Girl, help me if you can. This Zith will only enslave you and eat you." Felicia whispered to the Inarta underneath her. She then got up and faced the Zith.

"Threathening me, are you girl?" Felicia mocked, baring her sharp fangs. "Don't think of making her your slave. Don't even think about it." Felicia got up and grinned at the Zith in front of her. Although she was grinning, Felicia was quite obviously enraged. She focused on the Djed being sent to her left arm and to her skin to extend her claws and camouflage her. Felicia modified it a little. The Djed reshaped her lower arm into a part of a fish she had seen recently- At a Merchant's encampment, The sharp muzzle of a sword-fish. Felicia's skin also took a tough scaly texture, which would give more protection to Felicia in a confrontation. "You want beef with me, Zith? Come and get it."

Felicia stopped talking as breathing started to get difficult again. She was gathering Res deep in her lungs, the capacity of air started to get lower and lower. Felicia braced herself to side-step any incoming blows, waiting for the Zith to make the first move.

Felicia Skye
Player

Words: 9908
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 3:07 pm

"O-oh, A-alright..." Brunhild gulped, side-stepping away from the young woman and shakily taking out her bow and arrow. She shivered from the cold winds that Axel was creating from the flapping of her wings. "Come here," she murmured telepathically. Axel flew over in a rush, perching behind her bonded human. "Remember everything your father taught you..." Axel muttered comfortingly, nuzzling her soft feathery cheek on the side of Brunhild's face. The blood that trickled from the side of her neck stung, but she shook the pain away.

Gathering all her strength, she brought out an aluminum arrow and prepared it, aiming it at the heart of the Zith. "Let me know when you need it shot," she exclaimed to the woman, who she hoped could be her ally after this feud. "She could!" Axel shouted enthusiastically, flapping her wings in approval.
Last edited by Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 16th, 2010, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Character sheet

Next