[THE WILD] Finding Your Calling (Shad & Feli) [FINISHED]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

[THE WILD] Finding Your Calling (Shadoran, Felicia, Kaime)

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 17th, 2010, 1:36 pm

Brunhild watched as the image of Shadoran became smaller and smaller as she flew farther away. Once the Zith was merely a spec in the horizon, she glanced to Felicia, and then to the cave above them.

"So, uhm..." the Inarta girl fiddled with her black falconry gloves, emerald eyes shifting left and right nervously. "Come on, into the cave.." Axel chuckled, nudging the girl to ride her already. Brunhild reluctantly mounted onto the Wind Eagle, and gently they made their way into Felicia's cave. "See you inside," she exclaimed meekly as both rider and Wind Eagle disappeared into the cavern. It was going to be a very long night for the both of them.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Felicia Skye on August 17th, 2010, 1:59 pm

Felicia giggled quietly as she followed Brunhild and the Avian into her cave. She sat down on the straw matress and smiled at Brunhild. "So, do you like my dwelling, Brunhild?" Felicia asked her as she smiled. "Please, act like you're at home. Anything you see here is yours as much as it's mine. Except the books on the ledge. Those are strictly prohibited."

Felicia grinned and fished out her purse, counting out twenty gold Mizas and offering them to Brunhild. "Here's your cut. That Zith got what was coming to her. She's Two Hundred Gold Mizas under." Felicia whispered happily and in an excited way. "Get something nice with the Mizas, you deserve it after the trouble that hideous wretch gave us. But for now, rest well. Tomorrow will be a busy day, Brunhild."

Felicia Skye
Player

Words: 9908
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on August 17th, 2010, 2:10 pm

Brunhild giggled innocently as Felicia berated the Zith, but made no effort to add anything. "... busy?" Brunhild replied, tilting her head to the side as she reluctantly took the mizas from Felicia. Axel made her way to the opposite side of the straw mattress, and lay there, her one side supported by the wall. "Y-yes, of course! Th-thank you," she exclaimed shyly with a blush, and bowed rapidly. She quickly sauntered off to her Wind Eagle, lay next to her, and snuggled close.

"Good night then, Brunhild. Best you rest well, because it's going to be a busy morning!" Axel teased, opening one garnet-red eye to view her rider. Brunhild smiled, her eyelids becoming heavier by the second. The slate-blue Wind Eagle brought out a wing and placed it over the Inarta girl like a warm blanket. "Good night," she whispered for both Felicia and Axel. She hugged Axel's wing and snuggled close to her warm feathery side. In a matter of minutes, all of them fell fast asleep, caught between reality and the dreamy reveries of slumber.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on August 17th, 2010, 4:12 pm

This thread has been considered illegal and inappropriate due to one player playing two alts in the same thread and violating the Alt PC rules.

Character: Brunhild
Experience: None
Lore: None

Character: Felicia
Lore: None

Character: Shadoran
Lore: None.

Additional Note: I have to say I highly frown on very short ‘one-two liner’ posts and tend not to give XP for it. Also, an Inarta Endal would not need a bodyguard nor would they have the 4 mizas a day (which is a small fortune) to be able to pay a Zith. Zith don’t really use much money or care about it either. Felicia. I’m not giving you morphing XP because Morphing is not instantaneous. At your level it would take you several minutes just to shift specific bodyparts and not instantaneously. And after you morph, you can’t have unlimited djed or not be tired… you came out of the cave with djed balls in your mouth? I’m ignoring that because it wouldn’t have happened so quickly. Also, how did Felicia know the zith was a bodyguard? This whole thing seems a bit silly. You definitely need to reread magic, because its painfully obvious you don’t have a clear grasp on it. Particularly read Overgiving because your PC isn’t a powerhouse of djed at this point.

Brunhild… to be honest, Endal don’t whine like your PC does. The crying, shaking, stammering… your PC needs to be a fierce hunter to be an eagle rider. There’s no way an eagle would have picked someone who comes across this weak-spirited.

Shadoran – You don’t have a flaming sword. Period. This thread is getting ridiculous. Seriously.

Felicia – again… you can’t morph into something you haven’t studied intimately for ages in a flash. I’m not giving you XP.

Brun.. your PC has no medicine so how can you whip out a first aid kit from mid-flight and start giving a zith first aid? Ridiculous…

Brunhild, your whole race as a geis against knowing or learning anything about Ivak. Its in the race writeup.

Shadoran – How do you know about Ivak? You don’t have Lore of Ivak and how do you know about the Inarta geis? You don’t have that lore either.

All and all I’m very disappointed in this thread. I’ll warn you now if you guys don’t learn Mizahar’s rules and the confines of the abilities in this game, you wont’ last long here. I will not be awarding ANY Xp to any more threads like this, especially threads that have such short blunt posts. We are a writing heavy game and if you don’t want to write, there are other sites that allow one-liners.

Felicia, again, how do you know how many mizas Brunhild has? Stop taking OOC knowledge IC.

Brunhild – An Endal is a fierce proud creature. You have a giant eagle with you that could eat the human and zith in one bite. Why are you acting so whimpish and sniveling and giving in and paying off the human not to hurt you? I’m embarrassed to even read this.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Felicia Skye on August 18th, 2010, 4:53 am

Gossamer wrote:
...You came out of the cave with djed balls in your mouth? I’m ignoring that because it wouldn’t have happened so quickly. Also, how did Felicity know the zith was a bodyguard? This whole thing seems a bit silly. You definitely need to reread magic, because its painfully obvious you don’t have a clear grasp on it. Particularly read Overgiving because your PC isn’t a powerhouse of djed at this point...

Felicity, again, how do you know how many mizas Brunhild has? Stop taking OOC knowledge IC.

Okay, I don't intend to argue here. You were right with my morphing and overgiving but there are several points I'd like to clarify.

-It's Felicia, Not Felicity.
-Felicia has been gathering the Res in her lungs since coming out of the cave. She even paused to eavesdrop, which gave her more than enough time to gather the Res.
-Felicia knew the Zith was a bodyguard as she eavesdropped in a clump of bushes, overhearing their conversation.
-I'm not a Zith. I'm Half-Human Half-Inarta.
-I never knew how many Mizas Brunhild has. I took 200 from Shadoran and if you read my post carefully you would've known that I Gave twenty Mizas to Brunhild as her cut from the Zith's extortion. Who cares how much mizas she has?

I'd appreciate it if you kept in mind that we're just a few days old in this. Give us time to learn and criticize constructively, not by saying that we won't last long here and mentioning other websites as an alternative, how does that motivate us to improve? I like Mizahar and am attempting to put a lot of effort into it but we all need to learn the concepts of the game.

To be frank, you've had quite some mistakes too. Keep in mind no-one's perfect and we need time to learn. I do understand and apologize if our thread was so boring to you that you absolutely had to skim through it though.

Again, sorry about bringing this up. I don't mean to create conflict, but I had to express my opinion to all this. Thanks.
Felicia Skye
Player

Words: 9908
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on August 18th, 2010, 8:16 am

Moderator Note:

First off, apologies for using Felicity instead of Felicia. I have corrected the mistake. I chalk this mistake up to massive Moderator trauma - having to read and deal with this train-wreck of a thread obviously overwhelmed me.

It is your responsibility as a player to read and understand the rules of this game and how it is indeed played. It is not our job to teach you these rules. This is the reason we've written the wiki and have most things spelled out clearly therein - including the proper use of magics and skills of all kinds. It is our task as Founders and Storytellers to guide the game and keep it on track with the excellence we strive to create here. It is also our task to point out gross negligence and irresponsibility in terms of players and their threads.

Now, this is really a moot point as I recieved a PM today from one of the other two players in this thread that claimed they owned and controlled BOTH PCs you threaded with here. This is a GROSS violation of our rules. Read the Alt PC page very carefully. Alternative characters cannot interact with each other, know each other, share threads with each other (unless under special circumstances with HD permission) and certainly can't be in the same city together or traveling with each other. This violation completely invalidates this thread.

Now, again - there are tons of resources here to ask questions. Chat, Questions and Answers Forum, The Help Desk, etc. If you simply READ the wiki you can get the information therein you need to play. Obviously, folks have not done so in this thread. It is not tolerated. Ever. Ignorance is not an excuse, nor is being new since quite a few newbies take a week or so to familiarize themselves with the game and then have no problems posting or learning the system.

And finally, let me address your points. Holding res in your lungs since coming out of the cave - how is your PC supposed to breath? The lungs aren't a storage device. Breathing fire isn't really something I'd recommend for your PC on the heels of all the morphing and other stunts you were trying to pull. I feel it is metagaming or godmoding and completely inappropriate. You don't understand the magic system and you really need to in order to play a mage. Pure and simple.

How can you easedrop on something that Brun never agreed too? Res, again, is not something you can make instantaneously and with the quantities you needed to use. Half-blooded Inartas are still effected with the geis. I never said you were a zith. I was referring to the Zith PC involved in this thread asking for money. They wouldn't. They normally don't even use the stuff.

You guys are throwing a fortune in Mizas around.. more than most people have in one year and certainly more than people would normally carry on them.

Yes, I misprinted your name. Again... moderator trauma.

We are a writing heavy game and if you don’t want to write, there are other sites that allow one-liners.

I still stand by this. I have had to deal with far to many people that want to simply start playing without putting any effort into actually learning the game first. This should be flattering that they are so eager, but in the end it usually ends up being disruptive instead.

Thank you for listening to this critique. I hope you take everything I've said to heart here and go back and begin reading and learning heavily before you begin to attempt to play in another thread.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous