[Verified by Crosspatch] Jax Bradshaw

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Jax Bradshaw

Postby Jax Bradshaw on December 22nd, 2013, 6:16 pm

Jax Bradshaw
"Hail Rhysol"

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 19th of Summer, 487 AV
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: Jax stands at five foot and eleven inches and weighs in at about 185 pounds. He has medium length hair that has been dyed blue. His right eye boasts a tattoo he acquired at the age of 19. Jax is quite a physical phenomenon as he is remarkably fit from his adventures in thievery which involve him running away as fast as humanely possible from his victims. He has moderately tanned skin as he spends most of his time outside in the sun, waiting for the right moment to strike. Jax some light stubble around his chin but you can only see it if you are near him.

Character Concept

"How do you corrupt the corrupted?"

Jax is the type that people say only cares for himself and they're not that far off. He's a short-tempered character, but will only use violence if the situation calls for it. His beliefs consist of doing anything and everything to survive, even if some consider most of the work Jax does to be illegal. He'll do normally anything for anyone unless he thinks that the deal won't go in his favour. Jax is very talkative but has few friends since friends aren't a necessity in his line of work.

Jax is a fan of gambling. Even so, it is one of his major downfalls. After a day of stealing, Jax will normally be found in a gambling den, losing all the money he made. After this, Jax, more often then he likes to remember, will get angry and end up breaking anything he gets his hands on and then storms out or gets led out by the guards in a pair of cuffs.

After being leaving from Zeltiva, Jax prefers not to talk about his past, instead making up lies and attempting to steer the conversation away from the subject as quickly as possible.

Jax's voice seems rather calm, laid back and somewhat posh (a bit like Tyrion Lannister's from Game of Thrones).

Dislikes: People who worship Gods other than Rhysol (especially Sylir), being belittled, losing, showing weakness.

Character History

"The only path I'm on is the psychopath."

Jax was born in 487 AV to pure blood humans in the port city of Zeltiva. His father worked on a trade ship so Jax did not see his father as much as he'd of liked to. Jax's mother was essentially unemployed but did odd jobs for people here and there. His parents met when Jax's father asked his mother to load some cargo onto his ship and their relationship grew from there.

Jax learnt much about his father's work and, at 16, went to work on the docks after befriending one of his father's colleagues who offered him a job. Jax worked there for two years, making barely any money, before deciding it wasn't enough. He began stealing items he thought were valuable from the cargo crates and selling them on to make a decent profit. The people he worked for noticed that they were missing items from their lists and kept watch over the men who loaded the cargo. Jax did not realise and, becoming careless, slipped a necklace into his pocket in broad daylight. This was noticed and Jax was swiftly fired.

After that, Jax turned to a life of crime, using the skills he had picked up while stealing from the docks, and pick-pocketed any man or woman he deemed to be wealthy. A year into this, more and more people began complaining to the authorities that they were missing items and money. The guards kept a close watch over the docks as this was where Jax committed most of the thefts. They planted people who were dressed up to look wealthy to try and entice thieves to strike. Jax, being the fool he is, didn't realise this and attempted to steal from one of the plants. The guards watched him do this and abruptly arrested him.

The authorities heard about Jax's previous felonies and were not happy. Instead of putting Jax in prison where he belonged and wished to go, they decided on a different punishment. Jax attempted to appeal to his parents to try and help him get out of the sentence but they turned their backs on him, disowning him. After a week of deliberation, they decided a heavy fine of 500 mizas and was given a week to pay it. Jax refused to pay the fine, disguised himself as a simple trade merchant and escaped to the lawless town of Sunberth where he has remained for the past six years.

Language

"Silver tongued devil."

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: N/A
Poor Language: N/A

Skills

"How would you like to die?"

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Larceny 30 SP, +1 XP 31 Competent
Unarmed Combat 10 SP, 15 RB, +1 XP 26 Competent
Running 10 SP 10 Novice
Observation +1 XP 1 Novice
Brawling +1 XP 1 Novice
Weapon: Dagger +1 XP 1 Novice

Lores

"So I might not be the smartest..."

Lore of Sunberth Street Layout
Lore of the Daggerhand
No Choice But To Fight
Fighting an Albino
Limping Away in Victory

Relationships

"Betrayal is inevitable."

Name Met
Razkar A Profitable Diversion
Kaie How To Make Friends

Religion

"Rhysol is the only way."

Jax is fanatical in his devotion to Rhysol, the God of Chaos, going to the extent of murdering his own father and framing his mother to please the God. For his brutal deed, Rhysol rewarded him with a Gnosis mark on his right eye which he still bears, with relatively psychotic pride.

Gnosis story :
36th of Summer, 507 AV

It began as a normal Zeltivan day. The birds sang, the sun shone, citizens went about their daily business.

19-year-old Jax had just woken up right after the 15th bell. The boy had slept in late, but to be fair, he did only fall asleep on the 6th bell. He stood up, in only his undergarments, freezing and walked over to the wall where nothing was, with a faint outline of a small square that could only be seen by the trained eye. The wall was also rather old and quite possible to fall down at any moment. It was actually a doorway with a shrine dedicated to the Lord of Chaos, Rhysol, who had been Jax's idol for as long as he could remember.

Jax pulled the little door open to reveal the shrine as he got down onto his knees and bowed his head, making a prayer to Rhysol.

"Lord Rhysol, I pray you look over myself for the duration of the day as I attempt to please you by any means necessary."

At that moment, the door to Jax's bedroom began to bang with the booming voice of Jax's father coming from behind it, ordering him to open it immediately. Jax quickly slammed shut the loose wall that covered the shrine and stood up, before walking over to his bedroom door and opening it.

"Who were you talking to, boy?" Jax's father demanded, red in the face.

"Nobody, father."

"I've heard you speaking to yourself more than once now. What is wrong with you?"

Jax's father stepped into the room and began searching it, absolutely sure Jax was hiding something. And he couldn't be more correct. Jax just hoped his father wouldn't find his secret.

Jax sat on his bed and looked up at the ceiling, still groggy from waking up somewhat abruptly. Then, it happened.

"Jax, what's this?"

His dad was pulling at the piece of wall that covered the shrine. Jax hoped the wall wouldn't give way, but he'd noticed several times that the wall was becoming old and crumbling. Jax closed his eyes, speaking a prayer in his head to Rhysol, hoping his father would not find what was behind the wall. It was to no avail. Jax heard the doorway open, along with some bits of brick fall. His father sighed and stood up, turning to face his son.

"You are a very stupid boy!" He yelled at the top of his voice, understandably angry. "Chaos is stupid! Rhysol is a terrible God! What are you doing worshipping this fool, Jax?!"

"I'm sorry, father."

"There will be no dinner for you tonight, boy! Maybe your stupid, stupid God will provide for you though."

And with that, Jax's father launched a vicious foot into the shrine and began to destroy it. All the hard work Jax had put into it in an attempt to please his Lord and saviour were just being smashed right before his eyes. It made his stomach turn, his head began to spin as all the anger inside him was about to burst out and it was almost forcing him to pick up the nearest blunt object and bludgeon his father to death. Rhysol would love that, but Jax decided against, realising his father was much stronger than him and would most likely overpower Jax.

Jax thrust himself onto his bed and covered his face with a pillow, screaming into it. His father scolded him once more before slamming the door and locking it, sealing Jax's fate of no dinner. The anger was at boiling point and Jax could no longer control his actions, he just wanted to picture everything as his father's head and smash it to pieces. Jax grabbed his bookcase and pulled it to the floor, creating a loud slamming sound and sending multiple pieces splintering off in different directions. He then picked up his lamp and threw it against the wall, smashing it and making small shards fly off everywhere. Jax proceeded to just break down and behind punching his wall, bloodying his knuckles and the wall alike. He just kept going until his hands were raw and painful. Jax finally lay back down on his bed and closed his eyes.

When he opened his eyes, he was sat on a rather uncomfortable chair in a pitch black room. It was silent until a calm, ominous voice spoke from what sounded like all around him.

"I have heard your prayers, and I've decided to answer them."

Jax thought, It can't be, it's surely not...

"Who's there?" Jax asked.

"My, my, dear boy, do you not recognize the voice of your Lord, your God... your idol?"

"L... Lor... Lord Rhysol. Is th... that you?"

"Well done, boy."

"My Lord, please forgive me."

"You are forgiven."

"I am still ready to do your bidding, Lord."

"Wonderful, because, coincidently, I have something for you that should not be hard to accomplish."

"Anything, my Lord."

"That shrine you built for me, I liked it. But then your damned father... what he did to it was unforgivable. He must be punished."

"How so, my Lord?"

"I want you to carry out the maximum punishment on him. I want him to die for what he did."

"I don't kn..--"

"Are you challenging me, boy?"

"No, Lord Rhysol."

"Good, if you do this, boy, I shall reward you with something you have hoped for since you began to worship me."

A snapping sound then rocked Jax as he opened his eyes, and he was back in his smashed-up bedroom. He pondered whether or not he should carry out the deed on the man who brought Jax into the world. The blue-haired boy decided he was to carry out Rhysol's bidding since he wanted the reward he had offered Jax more than anything.

Jax stood up and got dressed before walking over to his door and attempting to open it, but it was still locked. He made his way past the broken glass and wood splinters to his window and tried it. It opened with a little bit of a struggle, but opened nonetheless.

He opened the window all the way and first stuck his leg out before swinging the other over and letting go so he fell to the ground below. It wasn't that big a drop, maybe about ten feet. Jax felt a short pain in his feet but carried on with the mission, determined to complete the job and earn Rhysol's favour. The 19-year-old carried on towards the front door and inched it open. Jax's mother was in bed and ill and his father was normally in the sitting room, reading or snoozing. Hopefully snoozing. Jax slid in through the door when it was big enough for him to fit through and slowly closed it behind him, trying to make as little noise as possible.

Jax quietly made his way to his parent's bedroom, where his father kept a knife in case somebody broke in. He pushed the bedroom door open, knowing his mother would be asleep. Jax peeked at the bed where his mother lay. She was asleep. He peeked under the bed where the knife was since he'd previously heard his father tell his mother that he'd left a knife there to protect themselves if someone breaks in.

Jax reached under the bed and grabbed the knife in his right hand and silently made his way out of the bedroom and back to the sitting room where his father was sitting. Jax sneaked up behind the defenceless man who was about to die by his hand. Jax steeled his nerves, building up the courage to do the unforgivable to his own father. He raised the knife above his father's head, holding it with both hands. He just imagined the reward Rhysol would give him when he completed his task.

"Forgive me, father."

Moment of truth. Jax plunged the knife downwards, towards his father's neck. He watched as the knife pierced the side of the neck and down into his shoulder. The knife hit bone and stopped, but the damage had already been done. Jax yanked the knife out of his father's body and watched as he flailed about, holding his heavily bleeding neck, knocking over the table that was beside his chair and the chair itself, spraying blood everywhere. Finally, his father dropped to his knees, his arms at his side, paper white. He looked up at his son, before falling, face down, bleeding into the floor.

Jax ran back to his parent's room and dropped the bloody knife into his mother's hand, in an attempt to frame her for the murder. Funnily enough, she'd slept through the entire incident. She must have been really ill.

Jax then sprinted back to his room, back to the Rhysol shrine.

"My Lord Rhysol, I have completed your bidding."

There was a flash and then the God was on Jax's bed, actually in Jax's room. He couldn't believe it.

"Well done, boy. And a nice touch with leaving the knife with your mother. Now for your reward."

The God took up his knife and cut into his right hand. Jax winced as the blood drew from the wound and Rhysol advanced towards Jax. The God held his bleeding wound over Jax's eye and let a few drops of blood fall into his right hand.

Then came the pain. It was the worst pain Jax had ever felt. It felt as through someone was pushing white-hot pokers into places all over his body and holding them there for all eternity. And after the branding, it was as though someone held him in one of the hottest flames known to man.

The pain made Jax keel over onto his knees, not able to stand any longer. It was just too excruciating. He pounded his fist on the floor multiple times, trying to take his mind off the pain, but to no avail. It didn't feel like it was going to wear off any time soon, but Jax wanted this so badly, so he just stuck through it.

Slowly, the pain faded and Jax was left feeling numb. He stood up, feeling dizzy after the shock and looked around the room. Rhysol was gone. The only proof he had ever been there was the mark he'd left on Jax.

The mark on his right eye.

Possessions

"My arsenal only grows."

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)