Closed A shopping I shall go!(Rosela)

Lyn'nice goes shopping for dinner and stops by to meet Rosela

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

A shopping I shall go!(Rosela)

Postby Lyn'nice on January 13th, 2014, 4:52 am

Winter 15th 513AV

Lyn'nice had woken up earlier then she thought she would, which gave her a great headstart on her day of shopping. Favchean was having his parents over of dinner tomorrow to spill the news her had taken a Nakivak and meet her. It was a big day and Lyn'nice wanted to make a great first impression at this dinner.

She spent most of the morning going from place to place, crossing things off her list. First, she stopped of at The Bluevein Winery to pick up a bottle of Bluevein Prime. Next, she slipped by Artfire Glassworks on a whim that maybe they'd still have some of their beautiful tableware sets; and much to her glee they did. She mingled around the markets looking for the best seafood and on a whim some pork sausage.

There was one last place she wanted to go The Red Diamond. She found that her feet had brought her to the building. Lyn'nice stood there. Looking dumb no doubt. Mustering her courage she opened the door. First looking to the large chandelier in the center of the ceiling. It was a nice store, and Lyn'nice made her way to the women's section. The dresses here made her simple white linen dress look horrid. She moved to the lady's section, admiring the craftsmanship of the clothes. This Rosela was good at her craft.
ledgerBluevein Prime 10gm Tableware Sets 1gm 1lb squid 2gm 1lb clams 2gm 1lb pork sausage 1gm=16gm
Lyn'nice
Player

Words: 62054
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 11:28 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on April 13th, 2014, 1:46 am

E
E
Rosela eyes continued to stray to the back right corner of her shop, where she knew the wood paneling hid long, ugly burns to the outside roof. It was almost ten days after the Ruv’nas attack had scorched her shop, the shadows awakening her in the middle of the night to alert her to the crisis. She hadn’t been that frightened since-

She set the pencil down on the desk will a little more force than necessary, forcing her eyes away from the wall. There was no sense in dwelling on the past, and even less sense in reminding herself of things she’d made a point to put firmly behind her. She’d been distracted all day, and her designs were suffering. Sighing, she looked down at the paper in front of her where a woman’s figure was drawn over in sloppy lines indicating a double-layered cloak. With little thought, she snatched up the pencil again and drew large, loopy lines at the collar, indicating an ornate tie. It wasn’t great but the design was still young. In a similarly thoughtless manner, she drew jagged lines around the bottom for fur lining.

”You’re getting sloppy.” The shadow under the desk commented nastily, pulling her from her thoughts. As Rosela lifted her head to tell it off, she realized he was speaking of a customer – one that had entered without receiving her customary greeting.

”I’m so sorry, I was lost in the grass there for a moment. Welcome to Red Diamond Fashions.” Thinking she owed it to the customer for her lapse in courtesy, she slid out of her chair and stood next to the desk, four hands clasped in front of her. ”Can I help you find anything?”

E
E

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Lyn'nice on April 15th, 2014, 6:40 am

Lyn'nice just took a few ticks as she gawked at Rosela. She shook herself out of her gawking daze, "I-I apologize! I'd heard stories of Eypharian women and their beauty and their many arms. But, you're the first I've ever met! You must be the Rosela that I've heard so many raving about. I guess I came in here to meet the woman behind the name." She smiled nervously.

"I really didn't come in here with anything in mind to buy. But looking around I can see you're a master of what you do. Oh, my name is Lyn'nice and I just found a Talvas! But, I came here with only the clothes I have on. So.... what's in style this season? Hopefully something that is easy to move in? I'm a gardener. But I guess even gardeners need some nicer clothes too."

Lyn'nice deemed Rosela quite mysterious in so many ways and so exotic!
From her obvious many arms to small little things like her eyes or the lavish makeup she wore. Even her skin seemed so different, it was a sun kissed bronze. Wow. She was gorgeous. The rumors were spot on, normally most rumors were slightly off or downright wrong. But not this time.
Lyn'nice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on April 25th, 2014, 7:56 pm

E
E
Rosela lifted a hand to her cheek modestly, unable to hide her flattered grin. She was well used to the attention her arms gained her, but compliments were always the way to her heart. ”Why thank you! I’m sure they’re not raving…” She obviously hoped they were, and prayed to Akajia it was all good. Finding an instant like for the young Konti, she approached quickly, leaning on a shelf next to her. ”That’s fine if you don’t have anything in mind; sometimes it’s better to plan for situations rather than actual outfits. Were you thinking something formal, or casual, or nice casual…” Throwing out situations, her hands cycled in front of her, hoping to catch on what she needed.

”Oh, a Talvas?” Quickly searching her small mental library of Tukant, she came up blank, though she had an odd feeling it had something to do with Orabelle. What could the two women have in common? Makeup, fashion, pregnancy? ”Talvis, is that…a…pet?” She didn’t think Orabelle owned any pets, but the word Tal-vas sounded like some sort of animal.

Already, she was thinking of which fabrics stood well under dirt and pet wear, immediately ruling out the more expensive options. ”If you want something easy to move in, loose cotton is definitely the most comfortable, but if you want something warm, especially if you’ll be outside gardening, I’d go with wool. It’s a little harder to clean, but much warmer.”

Lyn’nice had an interesting look, and while Rosela would have normally lamented such short hair, she felt it matched the young woman’s bubbly personality. Her wardrobe left something to be desired, but she was used to seeing that. Rosela could only do so much with her little shop, but she could dream of a day when the whole city was well-dressed.

E
E

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on April 28th, 2014, 4:52 am

Lyn'nice tried to hold in a giggle, "Having a Talvas means I will be bearing a son for Riverfall. Hopefully a son... I only get my Nakivak pay if it's a boy, or an Akontak. But honestly, the chances of that..." She cleared her throat. "Just another tidbit that might be helpful with finding clothes. I'll probably be in here quite often with gaining weight and such."

Lyn'nice watched Rosela's many arms move as she spoke. The way she was able to move them all at once. She was once again in a daze. "Umm, casual... I guess. I just want to look halfway decent. My dress is so worn from my travel from Mura, but it's all I have. I should probably buy some new sets of undergarments. I just need some basic items that to most would be common place. But, if you wouldn't mind... I know I wouldn't be able to buy them but I'd love to look at your fancy dresses too. It gives me something to work for, thinking one day I'll wear that dress." She gave a determined grin.

Lyn'nice's eyes wandered back to the many arms, "Do they ever pick up things without your knowing? Like, all of a sudden you realize one hand is holding an inkwell and you know you never went to pick it up? Is it hard to sleep with them?" Lyn'nice took notice of her strange questions, "I'm so sorry, my curiosity knows no bounds!"
Lyn'nice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rosela on June 11th, 2014, 5:47 pm

E
E
”Oooh… You know, I knew I’d heard it somewhere. Our cosmetologist,” Rosela quickly nodded her head towards the other side of the store, where Orabelle worked with a customer at the makeup counter. ”She’s a Nakivak too.” Tal-vas… Somehow, Rosela hadn’t really thought about the logistics of getting paid for being a Nakivak, particularly it being dependent on the sex and race of the child. She wondered suddenly how a mother of a Konti must feel, seeing the child come out pale and gilled and watching the presumably large purse of mizas just walk away…

It wasn’t a conversation for the moment however, and would be extremely insensitive to discuss such a thing when it could very well happen to this young woman. ”Don’t worry about gaining weight; we have plenty of options for whatever size you get to.” Giving what she hoped was a comforting smile, she led her further into the women’s section. She couldn’t imagine the horror of knowing she would be ballooning up to the size of a small pony in the next year.

”Okay, so we'll pick out something nice-casual and then we’ll go a little more formal after we figure that out.” She liked the young woman’s determination, seeking to better her fashion sense after the baby was born. This led her to wonder just how much weight one put on around the baby, but once again, it was an imprudent question to outright ask.

She slightly misstepped as they made their way to the appropriate shelves, taken off guard by the unusual questions. Her first instinct was to snap back about the Konti’s own arms, but the reaction was luckily beaten back. Clearing her throat discreetly, she searched for a way to rephrase her thoughts. ”No, they…don’t. They’re just my arms. They do what I want. …Like anyone’s.” Stopping at the far shelf where some pastel dresses were folded, she gave the Konti a small smile. ”Curiosity is…natural.”

With some effort, she changed the subject to the folded clothing next to them. ”Here are some dresses that I think you’ll like. They’re a bit pale in color, which will look good on your skin, and they’ll be warm. This particular style,” she paused to unfold the topmost dress between them. It was floor length with billowy sleeves and a knotted design over the stomach area that led out to two ribbons that tied in the back. ”Is especially good for pregnant woman because it has a tie that can be loosened as you get bigger. I have a couple other styles here that also feature the tie, in case you’d like any other styles.”

E
E

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lyn'nice on June 27th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Lyn'nice caught a feeling that she was just about to cross the line with Rosela. Yes, she'd shut up now about arms. Her mouth was always getting her in trouble, first Mura now in here. Over the years she had come to the terms that she was a little less Konti than most Konti. Either she lacked something her sisters had or she had something they lacked. One or the other...

She looked over the dresses, "Wow you really make these? They're so pretty!" They were stunning, so stunning that Lyn'nice was almost afraid to touch them. "Oooh, I like this one! It has a nice color. But I'd love to see the other styles too. If that's alright with you,that is." She was being mindful of that 'line' she had discovered earlier. "Oh, just a question for future needs, do you make baby clothes? I'd like to think that an Akalak doesn't have to be so rough and that some may enjoy finer things in life than constant fighting and training." Lyn'nice smiled in a innocent manner. "Maybe if I start bringing him around here and have him wear your lovely designs he'll grow up to be a musician or something fancy like that. A gal can dream, can't she?" Lyn stopped and thought a moment. "I guess, if I do have a girl... I'll be seeing you for perfect little dresses and rompers."

It was a sad thought that the birth of a little girl wouldn't be celebrated by Riverfall. That 'her' life was worth less than 'his'. Deep down, it bothered her. Snapping back to what was going on she gave Rosela a sad smile. "Sorry, I got off topic. But yes I like this one, most certainly. May I place it on the counter while we look at the others?"
Lyn'nice
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets