[Discussion] Go Miz Yourself!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Elysium on January 16th, 2014, 1:47 am

So, I've been sort of kicking around a fun idea. What would happen if we translated ourselves into characters on Mizahar? You can do a brief hypothetical here or even go so far as to post a whole sheet.

Who would be friends? Enemies? Where would you live? What race would you be?

Go ham! I'll be posting mine a bit later.
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on January 16th, 2014, 3:15 am

Ohhh, this looks fun. I opted to put in a sheet 'cause I love making them too much. :p

Name:Jos'eph
Race: Ethaefel
Birthday: 12th of Fall, 495 AV
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: Mortal Seeming- A human of average height and rather thin sickly looking build, possessed of messy brown hair and brown eyes. Tufts of messy facial hair spot his chin, dark circles are normally prominent around his eyes which grant him a tired appearance. In almost ever aesthetic he appears completely average, in some below average. He looks far better suited to a scholarly profession, or at the least something behind the lines of a fight.

Appearance in the Syna's Light: When Syna's rays fall upon the world his appearance changes, becoming a tall creature of unearthly and surreal beauty. His skin is a coppery hue and his eyes a blazing molten amber quality that possess a certain intensity about them. Glassy horn gently curve back from his head, curling slightly near the ends. As with all Ethaefel a number of his defining traits change with the seasons, such as his hair or horns.

Winter: Pale brown hair with forest green horns.
Spring: Dirty blonde hair with lilac horns.
Summer: Brown hair with touches of light gold hues and peach horns.
Fall: Deep auburn hair with golden horns.

Concept: A rather easy going man all things considered, though obviously haunted by a life he can no longer full remember. He often grasps at shards of his former lives attempting to understand where it all went wrong, to actually remember who he had once been. Jos'eph's tendency to dwell upon what had once been often makes it difficult to focus on the here and now, its not unheard of for him to drift into his mind more often than not.

Despite his fall from the heavens he still hold Syna to be his patron deity, though his shifts in Leth's glow have somewhat jaded him to her lover. He is rather open minded, accepting that others possess opinions not congruent to his own. Unfortunately this makes it difficult for him when picking sides on an issue, jumping back and forth and more worried about what those close to him might think rather than what he feels.

History: His fall was not a gentle thing, ripped from the embrace of Syna's realm and forced onto Mizahar once more he awoke in the waves near Zeltiva. After swimming to shore he found himself in a world unfamiliar to him, something he had long left behind. He remembered what he had lost though, and when Leth's light first fell upon him the newly born Ethaefel found his world consumed in sorrow.

He remembered snatches of his mortal seeming, a number of old battlefields and old maps. He remembered being hunched over books and logistics for hours on end but he cannot recall exactly why. A name stands out among them all, a purpose and a meaning, Suva. Suva was important for some reason, as were his talents at the time. He was a scholarly individual, but his actions had significance during some conflict.

The newly born Ethaefal found employment and a stabilizing force when his life appeared so warped at the Port City, initially working as a scribe for a Quartermaster. The man eventually found himself consumed in the tomes of the Wright Memorial Library, learning more of recent history and finding some understanding. It was through them that some snatches of his former lives started to make sense, often he would record what little he could remember down.

His skills seemed ill fitting of Zeltiva so he left on a caravan, his destination the Fortress City of Syliras where he could find purpose once more. A place of Knights and Warriors, a world he knew very well yet was just getting reacquainted with.

Languages: Fluent: Common, Celestial (unspeakable)
Basic:
Poor:

Skills:

Leadership: 10 RB, 20 SP= 30
Tactics: 20 SP= 20
Horsemanship: 10 SP= 10

Small little character sheet, but I've always rather loved the Ethaefal as a race. So very tragic and broken yet those that survive are strong of will beyond imagining.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Grace Lechar on March 8th, 2014, 12:48 am

I'll just give you a gist and I'm just gonna say I'd die. Like as soon as I turned like ten, bam, dead. I've got a whole bunch of joint problems that without surgery and braces and all these fancy medical things we have now, my legs would have fallen apart and I would be dead. Like drowned by my own mother out of pity or something. But if, say, I magically had all these surgeries and braces I'd be doing what my PC is doing but I'd probably be dead cause I'd pick a fight with a God or a Reimancer something. I mean with the attitude I have now, if I didn't die from natural causes I'd probably get myself killed some way or another. Other than that I'm an extremely athletic six foot two extremely antisocial girl with a ton of scars (hehe . . . *sweats dramatically*) and I'd beat the shyke out of people (or have them beat me up) and be cool with my horses and stuff. But honestly I'd probably get myself killed before I got to be cool and all. So its whatevs.
Grace Lechar
Step 1: Mount the horse. Step 2: Stay on ...

Words: 79585
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2014, 11:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Cale Valiant Fox on March 8th, 2014, 10:41 pm

Hahaha who can resist contemplating there inner being? I for one cannot. I might as well follow Anna's example and create a sheet;

Name: Reravar Malech
Race: Benshira

Appearance:
Reravar is no "dream boat", but he is rather handsome and he knows it. Although he is attractive, he is always seeking to improve his looks and is almost always self conscious. He has piercing sky blue eyes always full of a hurricane of emotions, an easy grin that is constantly on the verge of breaking out, even at the worst of times, and he has unruly light brown hair that seems to always go the wrong way in the right ways. He isn't exceptionally tall or musculature, although he does try to maintain a good physique and he is perpetually skinny. The only other remarkable thing is perhaps the scar that runs from his side to his right thigh from a childhood accident.

Concept:
A conflicted boy from birth, he was raised by good parents who encouraged intelligence and following ones heart. He is extremely smart and rather vain, although he loathes to admit it. Learning quickly, he gets bored often and desires constant enjoyment and enrichment. His intelligence and wisdom are as much as a curse as they are a blessing, for being as smart as he is, he often finds the company of adults more satisfying than that of his peers. Although he is abundant in certain areas, he lacks in maturity, self control, and stability. He finds fitting in easy on the outside but extremely hard in his mind, for he can adapt to nearly any environment and mimic the necessary actions to thrive, but this skill is limited in its duration, for his true personality always shines through in the end, often ruining his facade. He is nearly always conflicted, with voices of both reason and anarchy screaming through his mind, creating a constant state of uncertainty. His good qualities nearly always overpower his bad ones though, and people who stick with him long enough to understand him will find one of the most loyal and loving people they have ever met. Although a paradox on the inside and out, he seeks constant human interaction and will almost always work for the greater good.

Languages:
Fluent: Common and Shiber

Skill Set:
First and Foremost: Rhetoric, Cooking, Teaching, Writing, Falconry
Secondary: Gladius, Seduction, Shielding, Leadership
Other: Body Building, Riding, Auristics

Religion:
Eywaat and Yahal

Who knows, perhaps Reravar will some day make an appearance in Miz...
Credit to Yuri Lehrer for awesome Sig
Cale Valiant Fox
Chef and Aspiring Hero

Words: 10459
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 11:23 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet