[SO-Zeltiva] The Best Way to Apologize to a Myrian

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast, beautiful oceans encircling Mizahar. The Eastern Ocean to the east and the Western Ocean to the west.

Postby Edreina on February 7th, 2014, 6:55 am

"Next time, don't pause when you have your enemy in the air. Drop him and drop him hard, preferably on his knees, his joints... anywhere that can break or shatter."

Breath coming in deep pants, she allowed herself to mull over his instruction, imagining ways that the situation could have gone differently. She could have pulled his legs back then slammed him down on his back. The impact would have sent the air from his lungs and left him dazed; gods knew she loved seeing him in that sort situation. Shaking her head of the brawl-induced-arousal, she refocused on re-examining their spar, things she could and should have done better. He was still going easy on her, of that there was no doubt, but she was starting to be able to hold her own on Razkar Tier One. Maybe one day, she would be able to truly hold her own against him. That, however, was eternally in doubt. Razkar was made for battle and brutality, Edreina most certainly was not.

"Much improved, tigress."

The Svefra flushed a pleasant pink across her nose and cheeks at his words, stepping close to him. "Growling Master teach good. Turn me give favor?" Gentle fingers brushed up and over his taut stomach before continuing up to flick her hair from her face. A tick she gave him to mull over her words, consider the many possible implications contained in her words. "Come..." she whispered, smiling gently.

"Time for their swimming lesson!" She called out to the crew, and then repeated to the Denvali, grinning brightly. In a matter of chimes, the ship was brought to a stop with furled sails and a dropped anchor. A small group of the refugees gathered on deck, shuffling awkwardly.

It was to the edge of the ship she led him, not the open hatch. At the look on his face, she laughed outright, teeth glinting in the Synalight. To the group she turned, hands on her hips as a few of the other Svefra who had offered to assist with such crucial lessons strode up to her side. By now, everyone knew how to swim; it was now simply about building up their strength and streamlining their figures so they looked the supposed Svefra part, at least to an untrained eye. To Razkar, she said: "You work on swimming, too. And then, to the rest: "Strength," she flexed her arm and then pointed to her bicep and shoulder, "endurance," after a tick of trying to come up with a mime for the word, she simply repeated it in Common tongue, "flexibility. All come from swim." It all but physically injured her to chop up her native tongue in such a way; sounded to her ears like waves crashing against a sheer wall of rock, halting the rhythm and destroying the natural music. "I practice with you. Do like me."

With bright, excited eyes, she reached up and over her head, touching the backs of her hands together at the summit. Her shoulders rolled, bringing her arms back, palms then touching behind her. Each movement was slow and gentle. Hesitantly, the group followed her, eyes darting about to their neighbors to make sure that they were not the only foolish ones. Heedless, Edreina moved on to her legs, taking her ankle and pulling it back so that her back arched, toes pointed as she stretched the entirety of each leg. From one side to the other she leaned, finally, stretching each side of her body. "Now... let's go!"

She was the first to leap overboard, but the others were not far behind. Some had caught on to her enthusiasm, others were just excited to get into water that was always so oddly warm, warmer than the air, even. Edreina just hoped she would not have to climb back into the ship to drag Razkar along with her.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Razkar on February 8th, 2014, 3:35 am

"Growling Master teach good. Turn me give favor? Come..."

A low growl that blended into a purr slid from between the Myrian's sharpened teeth, and he forgot about the rest of the lesson. Images of their modest but comfy cabin (shared, but, well, everyone was above deck) flashed before his suddenly-sightless eyes, and all the fun they could have there...

"Female has good idea. Lead to bed. I come and-"

"Time for their swimming lesson!"

"Y... You...!"

Whatever insult or curse or ripe, round oath Razkar was thinking of vanished in a haze of frustrated virility and came out instead as a snort of sheer irritation. Not that Edreina cared, of course. She was already sashaying away, grinning over her victory as only a woman could.

You may have mastered blades and bare hands, boy, but you're a babe in the branches when it comes to brains...

Razkar cursed his own inner thoughts (and their sudden love for alliteration), finding himself milling around with the Denvali, just as hesitant as they. But why was that? Weren't they Sea People, too? That's what he'd heard, anyway... but not in the open ocean.

Then she was on the surface again, She paraded in front of them all like a born instructor, mainly because this was something she was an expert at. Shouting up instructions and advice, all familiar to Razkar. But back then, they'd been among the... fairly stable environment of the Anchorage Flotilla, with little risk of gigantic things made of teeth and scales to gobble him up. Out here, in the wide, open ocean... anything could be under those waves... like-

"Sharks!" He suddenly yelped, and a few of the older faces squinted and tried to discern where the peerless warrior of chimes before had vanished to. "They will be out this far, right! So, no lesson today, that is-"

"Now... let's go!"

Apparently not even close to what Edreina had in mind: with one smooth, almost acrobatic movement, she had vanished under the waves with only a polite splash. The Myrian glowered at the little expanding circle of foam.

"Pretty good, isn't she?"

Razkar resisted the urge to growl and instead mumbled: "She has moments..."

Then she was on the surface again, inviting them down and by ones or twos and even a hectic, muddled three, Denvali were suddenly raining down into the ocean, throwing up geysers of laughing spray. Black eyes caught shimmering blue ones and Razkar muttered under his breath, knowing that one way or another, she'd get him in there.

"What's the matter?" One of the younger, bolder sailors crowed from a good, safe fifteen feet up the mast. "Afraid of the blue?"

"Afraid to lose your knees, boy?"

"Touchy, touchy..."

The Myrian whirled back to the water and didn't think. That wouldn't help him when it came to this: he just needed to bite back on his uncertainty and-

"Shhhhhyyyyke!"

-bombed into the water like a quivering ball of limbs, splashing down hard as a catapult's rock. Instantly his ears were filled with roaring water, eyes useless as liquid poured into them. Swimming, flailing limbs were like shadows at their edges, and if he squinted... yes... he could see a calmly cycling pair of legs that-

Treading water. Shyke! Remember to tread water!

Razkar didn't so much "tread" as he did "stomp into bloody submission", but the result was the same: he came up to the surface in a sputtering mass, long black hair plastered to his face and shoulders. Glaring at the female he managed to call out over the gabbling class of minnows.

"What now, O Sea Witch?!"
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Edreina on February 14th, 2014, 6:12 am

"What now, O Sea Witch?!"

Edreina laughed, raising her arms to ward off his frantic splashing. "Gently, my love!" She called, grin in place. "Remember that the water does most of the work. You just have to let it." A jerk of her head motioned to the group of new-Svefra laying peacefully on their backs, drifting about together, grinning up at Syna. The current pushed her over closer to him, and she let it, brushing against his side. "The only time you fight the water is when you wish to go deeper and when you wish to move against the currents."

Behind him she moved, then, arms reaching out and over his, legs pressing against his as she let her supple figure press against his musculature. The Svefra forced Razkar's motions to slow, to become more gentle as he worked through the water. "You'll save energy this way..." Her lips were at his ear as they worked together to stay afloat. "Running out of strength in the water is akin to charging into battle with your legs cut off." Blue eyes rolled at her attempt to make it understandable, realizing she easily could have muddled him even more. "The longer you do this, the more your strength will grow. Beating at the water for a few minutes will only do so much. This may seem easy at first, but it will begin to wear at you over time. This leads to true muscle growth and increased endurance."

With a gentle push, she managed to move away from him, and then her arms brought her back before him. Freckled cheeks were flushed pleasantly by their intimacy; there was something about being in the water with a man.

"Apparently, Laviku's sea is something even a Myrian cannot brutalize into submission. The brown-eye swims like a baby." Someone said, and Edreina turned to see a couple of her blue eyed kin watching with faint interest.

"And you swim like a Keai!" she called back, making a rude hand gesture. "And at least he is still learning. You're stuck swimming like that!" A blond female giggled before rolling her eyes and returning to the group she was supposed to be teaching. The one who had first spoken looked vaguely amused; even Edreina had to admit her insults were lacking.

He moved closer to her, speaking as he swam. And you've been on land so long, I doubt you can keep up with your kin these days. You're a flat-foot, now." Just as he hoped, Edreina was affronted, smile vanishing in an instant as annoyance filled her. It was bad enough that she now doubted her place in this world, even her purpose; to hear it from the salted mouth of one of her own was nigh on the side of torture. "Oh! Did I strike a nerve?" His grin did not fade, causing the redness of Edreina's cheeks to burn even hotter, threatening to boil the water around her.

"I could still out swim you any day!" A mischievous smile lit the other Svefra's face. Even then, Edreina was too stubborn to admit she had played into his hands.

His answer was quick in coming: "You're on!" Stunned, Edreina would have taken a half-step back had she the ground beneath her feet; she had not expected anything to come out of their little nit-picking. Walaifa!" The blond's attention returned. "You will judge this. Swim out a ways, and we will race to you and back."

Her new opponent moved even closer, then, and Edreina recognized him to be a Greenrise by the name of Oyro or... Orey... something like that. He was taller than her, surely, with short-cropped bright brown hair that matched his nut-brown skin. From his build, she guessed he was a net-fisher or a crabber, with heavily muscled fore-arms to match the profession. What strength he had, she surely had a more efficient build save for the two peaks on her chest.

With the idea of a challenge in place, Edreina felt her chagrin fading away. Curiosity rose to take its place; she had always been a good swimmer, was that still true? "What's in it for the winner?"

If the prospect of a race had excited O-something, the fact that Edreina was now willing to include stakes utterly thrilled him. His answer came without hesitation, and in Common. It did not take her even a tick to figure out why that was. "If I win, I want a night with the Myrian."

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Razkar on February 15th, 2014, 5:26 am

Normally Razkar wouldn't have bothered following the volleying Fratva being tossed back and forth. His body was still adjusting to Edreina's words... not to mention trying to calm down after having her hands glide so close along his thighs under the rippling waves.

But the Myrian was trying to learn, and his Fratva was coming along nicely, so... practical application was always a good idea.

Something about... a baby? The brown eye? Bastard, he means me! She's defending me... yeah, I can tell more from her tone than her words... still learning? Yes, that was it. And...?

As he listened his let his feet move slowly, steady, just like she'd instructed. It was... unnerving, moving so morosely through the waves. Surely such lackluster locomotion wouldn't be enough? He would sink! But just as the Sea Witch had said... he was still above the surface, in no danger of sinking, and... his legs didn't feel ready to fall off.

Good metaphor, too-

Then the Myrian's head snapped up as he caught a word that sent an invisible ripple shivering through the Svefra watching. "Flat-foot"? Oh, now the male was just asking for it! There were worse Svefra insults, of course; had Edreina heard them, she wouldn't be talking anymore. She'd be drowning the male. But Razkar knew the derisive word for Svefra who'd strayed too far from the water...

Enough to regard her warily, unsure of her reaction. Part of him wanted her to return to her ocean, if only because the disconnect from it... well, he had been far from the jungle for years, now. The wound did not close, nor the pain cease. He just found new ways to handle it.

Razkar shook his head and snarled at himself. More was unfolding!

She's rising to it, yes? Oh, of course. Betting him something... something about the winner-

"If I win, I want a night with the Myrian."

From a long, slow moment, Razkar's jaw dropped, and then he snapped it shut again. All eyes were on him. Some were surprised, stunned, confused, or just plain watching to see what would happen next. The male who'd been talking was obviously gazing at him now. Not that he wasn't... wasn't...

Attractive! And he is! Gods, male, have enough confidence in your own cock's fancies not to deny the obvious just because-

He cleared his throat and choked the voice and knew he had to make a good showing for Edri there, but if he spent... the...

Razkar's eyes gleamed in a way only Edri would recognize... and then he nodded graciously, spreading his muscled arms above the wave-ridden surface.

"No problem to me..."

And then, before another outburst could be launched, the Myrian leaned back and let himself float, arms joining his legs' steady, placid rhythm, making a slow circle around the Calypso while the tide was still peaceful. Only the Svefra on deck would see his slight, smug smile as he floated away.

"A night with the Myrian"? A night you will have... sleeping on the floor of the cabin with a food bowl for a pillow. You didn't say anything about... relations. Just a night with me. Shoulda' specified, lad...
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eldritch on April 13th, 2014, 2:17 am

Edreina :
Skills
Seduction +2
Teaching +2
Brawling +1
Gladius +1
Hypnotism +1

Lores
-Myrians and their swords: the best way to apologize.

Notes :
Well... that was moist. Anyway, nice thread here. :)

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Previous