Location [Syliras Location] Soothing Waters Bath and Massage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Soothing Waters Bath and Massage

Postby Archon on May 9th, 2011, 3:17 pm

"Well," Ivis said with a warm smile as he clapped Ageru on the shoulder, "If you're willing to give the customers what they want then you could do quite well here my friend. Of course, the final decision is up to Calyna, since she is the head Mistress here, but if what you've told me is the truth then you shouldn't have any problem. Come, I'll introduce you to her."

Keeping his hand lightly on Ageru's shoulder Ivis guided the Kelvic down a small hallway, "By the by, my name is Ivis. And you are?"

After Ageru introduced himself Ivis nodded and smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, and here we are," he stopped in front of a door and knocked a couple times, "Calyna, I've got a promising young man here who would like a job."

"Send him in Ivis," a female voice called from the other side of the door.

Ivis opened the door, revealing a room tiled in blue glass, and gestured for Ageru to enter. Inside Calyna sat behind a desk going over some book, "Please, have a seat," she said as she gestured to the chair in front of her desk, eyes still on the book in front of her.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Ageru on May 10th, 2011, 1:10 am

Ageru looked at the hand that clamped on his shoulder a little curious. Though after a brief moment he accepted the hands placement there and began to walk with him as he was guided into the facility. He shouldn’t have any problem finding work here, uh? That only made his smile grow into a small grin. That was perfect, and he had nothing to worry about because he wasn’t lying. ”Im Ageru.” he introduced himself to the rather polite man. This guy seemed good enough to work for and give one hundred and ten percent.

Stopping in front of a door Ageru nodded at the man, ”Nice to meet you too.” he said before the door was knocked on and he was told to enter by whoever was on the other side of the door. The person having to be Calyna entered his sight as Ivis opened the door for him and the cat took the first couple steps in.

Looking around the room his bare feet were cold against the blue glass floor. The charming smile still unwavering he sat down like he was instructed and nervously awaited what was to happen next. He has never gone before looking for a job, the job always found him. He usually was told what to do and so ‘formalities’ like these were awkward to him and almost unnerving. This has been really the first time he has ever talked about getting employment, and not a job as a slave. It was rather a much different experience indeed.

He swallowed hard and looked curiously at the book that the woman had in her hands. He couldn’t read so it didn’t mean much to him, but it must be something good. His nerves getting the best of him he set his hands on his knees and stared blankly at the book as if it was going to give him all the answers and not the woman herself.
Ageru
Player

Words: 61756
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archon on May 10th, 2011, 2:45 pm

Calyna was silent for a few moments as she looked over the book, her red hair swaying as she turned her head back and forth, and finally she made a few marks on one page before shutting the book and turning a pleasant smile up to Ageru.

"I overheard most of what you told Ivis," Calyna's voice was warm and pleasant as she spoke, and those feelings carried through into her gaze and the smile on her lips, "If you're skilled in massage, and are willing to help heal and sooth our customers in whatever way you can then you could easily make 800 gold Mizas a season, quite possibly a good deal more depending on tips and if you develop good relationships with the clients you serve. Marked as you are, I imagine it would be very pleasant and fulfilling work, and it would certainly be of great benefit to Syliras and the Knights as well. Do you have any questions?"
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Ageru on May 11th, 2011, 2:52 am

Ageru smiled in the few silent moments as he waited to be addressed, so the future of his employment lay in her hands? Surely she is quite capable. He watched her examine her book wondering what it was that she was looking at. He was always curious like that though, but he kept the silence only nodded when Calyna shut the book and smiled at him; her smile being returned by one equally as bright.

He would nod at her as she explained what he could make. Though in reality Miza didn’t matter as long as he felt that he was making a difference and using up some of the spare time that he had. Miza was just an extra thing, something almost trivial to the cat. Though it was shiny… He smiled and nodded when she asked if he had any questions. His only response, ”How do I start?”
Ageru
Player

Words: 61756
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archon on May 11th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Surprise flit briefly across Calyna's face at Ageru's lack of questions, but it was quickly replaced by her warm and kind smile again, "If you're ready to start today I'll set you up with Choa, one of the females who work here, and she can take you around and teach you the basics. She'll show you to a changing room you can use, and we'll get you the key to it. The room is for your comfort and rest, not working in. You can have guests there, but not clients."

Picking up a small bell she gave a ring to it, and when a young woman poked her head in she kindly said, "Find Choa, and have her come here to mentor a new employee," and with that the young woman nodded and shut the door again.

Calyna turned her gaze and smile back to Ageru, "I expect you to be here 7 out of ever 10 days, but what hours you are here during that time is up to you. You're more than welcome to pursue other activities outside of your work here."

OOC :
Congratulations! You're now employed at the Soothing Waters as a masseuse/companion. I've created a thread for you to go through your initial introduction here. Dusk should PM you regarding wages. :)
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Troy on May 23rd, 2011, 2:20 am

Spring 81, 511 AV

Troy would walk into the Soothing Waters with a faint smile on his face. He was wearing his courtesan's silk outfit, the best clothes he had. His guitar was also strapped over his shoulder, the neck of it sticking up by his head. He would smile shyly as he walks up to the counter, looking around at the place as he does so. He had been in here multiple times but each time he had still been awe struck by the design. As he gets up to the counter he would shake his head "Uh no, i'm not here for another bath. I'm uh here for a job."

Troy would give his best smile as he gives a faint smile and adds "I'm pretty good at giving massages, and i can play music if bathers want to listen to something while they bath." Nodding after he talks he would look at the guy behind the counter with a hopeful expression on his face.

This had to work out. He had come into Syliras witih plenty of money to get him by for a while, but he hadn't expected the money to go so fast. He hadn't bothered to buy a permanent room, having expected to leave Syliras by now and instead had been renting a room from a Tavern. But the cost of it was quickly adding up and he had to find a way to make money. This was his favorite place in the Castle and it would be great to get a job here. Besides, he had visited this place almost every day.
Troy
You only have one chance make sure to take it

Words: 9198
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Archon on May 24th, 2011, 2:11 am

"Well," Ivis' pleasant face held a soft grin after Troy's request for a job, "Decided to save some mizas by working here instead of paying each day?" the man teased lightly, and then he gave a soft chuckle to show he was indeed just teasing.

"We've never been properly introduced before," Ivis said as he offered his right hand to Troy, "Ivis Balak, and you are?"

After Troy replied to Ivis' introduction the man gave a smile and a nod, "Well, let's get you introduced to Calyna, she's the mistress in charge here, and see about getting you a job," smiling pleasantly Ivis came around the corner of the counter and patted Troy lightly on the shoulder as he started to lead the young man down the nearby hall.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Troy on May 24th, 2011, 4:35 pm

Troy would blink in suprise at Ivis's first question. Was he making fun of Troy? If he was, that might spell disastor for Troy. No, it's ok he laughed. He must have been joking. "Umm yea, saving those mizas would be a great benefit". He would grin as he looks at Ivis's hand, before taking it in his own with a soft shake.

"The names Troy, nice to finally get your name Ivis." Smiling he would nod To Ivis's next statement as he's led down a nearby hall. And here i thought This man was in charge. Looking around in wonder at the hallway Troy would step lightly, a soft smile on his lips. This was what he had been hoping for. To be coming back this way, where he would work instead of paying. He just had to be on his best behavior.

"Umm if you dont mind me asking, do you know what i'll be doing if i get the job?" Troy would ask as they walked down the hallway"I uh kinda need to know to do my best after all."
Troy
You only have one chance make sure to take it

Words: 9198
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2011, 7:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Archon on May 25th, 2011, 1:27 pm

"That my friend," Ivis replied to Troy's question with a smile and a wink, "Is going to depend on which job you take up, now isn't it? I'll let Calyna explain the details."

Turning towards the first door Ivis gave a light series of knocks, which were answered by a female voice on the other side, "Come in."

Ivis opened the door, revealing a room tiled with blue glass that caused the light to dance about as if it was under water, and smiled at the red haired woman that sat behind the desk, "Calyna, this is Troy, and he would like a job here."

Calyna nodded and smiled warmly at Troy, motioned to a plush, padded chair in front of her desk, "Well, Troy, come sit down and let's talk."

Calyna was silent as she waited for Troy to take a seat, though her smile remained the whole time, and once he was seated she gave a soft nod, "So tell me Troy, what do you hope to do here at the Soothing Waters?"
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Drask on June 3rd, 2011, 6:23 pm

OOCRevised: Timestamp Corrected
3rd of Summer, 511 AV

Drask stood atop the long flight of stairs, the stone steps faintly illuminated by the row of torches that ran parallel to the staircase. His eyes darted from one wall to the other, watching the flames spew out tiny plumes of smoke as they danced asynchronously with each other. He wasn't sure why he was afraid to descend the steps before him. Perhaps "afraid" wasn't the right word. Rather, he was nervous. Still, he was unsure of why he was reluctant to advance and how long it would take him before he mustered up the courage. Perhaps it was the fact that it seemed to disappear into darkness, like he were to enter hell once he reached the shroud. It just seemed to keep on going, and going, and going. It was a trad frightening. Of course, he knew it had to end somewhere, right? Slowly Drask began to realize how trivial his worries were and stepped forwards onto the stone staircase. Then another. And another. Soon he was walking full stride down towards the reception desk that soon came into view.

He had been directed here by a commoner of Syliras, saying that he could "Enter with a broken body and exit like you just came out of the box". Unfortunately that was as specific as they had gotten, but he got the general idea. He had traveled quite a long way, from Karjin in fact, and he deserved some rest and relaxation. Well, he had really only sat on a boat for a few days. Regardless, he thought he needed it. His body ached and his feet felt swollen. That was reason enough to visit them.

He approached the desk with a bright smile, his golden eyes studying the man behind the table with intense curiosity. "Hello" He said, attracting the attention of the receptionist. He had to talk slowly, seeing how his grasp on the common language was mediocre at best, which would definitely be a handicap in a city like Syliras."I was told that here I can come to have relaxing time. I was wondering what services are being available to me?"
Now a Rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we knew of sugar and spice
But a Rainbow's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of a Pegasus device.
Drask
Stray Animal

Words: 37564
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

PreviousNext