Location [Syliras Location] Soothing Waters Bath and Massage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] Soothing Waters Bath and Massage

Postby Archon on June 15th, 2011, 2:50 am

Calyna nodded at Eldon's words, and then paused slightly as she noticed the windmarks on his arm. Muttering softly to herself she sorted around her desk, digging through various books, and eventually pulled out a scroll. Reading over the scroll quickly she nodded to herself a few times before setting it back down.

Giving a small smile to Eldon she spoke in rough, heavily accented Pavi, "Drykas? Pleasure to meet, Eldon Sunkiss. Me Calyna Zia. What work you do, strong one?"
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Words: 107090
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on June 17th, 2011, 11:04 pm

Eldon smiled as the woman spoke in Pavi. It wasn't perfect, but it was considerably better than he could do in Common, so he would accept the attempt graciously and work with it. He would also speak in Pavi, since it was easier to do. "The pleasure is all mine Calyna Zia. I am Eldon of the Sunkiss Pavilion, Sapphire Clan. Back in Endrykas I was a reimancer of water. I was personally tasked with the duty to supply moisture to the Drykas people, where rainfall is light, brief, and rare. I love water, and being in this place makes me feel more at home. I have no skills towards working here I'm afraid, but I don't know where else I would be of more use. Can you help me?" Eldon was kind, polite, more so than he would normally be to a man. There was something about women that made him more gentle. He still had his moments of madness, the times with Edalene strongest in his mind, but overall they calmed him when they were kind and gentle back towards him.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archon on June 20th, 2011, 3:02 pm

While it was faintly apparent from Calyna's face that she was having difficulty understanding everything Eldon said, the woman still nodded and smiled politely in response to his words, and her eyebrows lifted slightly in surprise at the mention of Water Reimancy. After taking a little time to reference in the book in front of her again she spoke to herself softly a little, and then turned her warm gaze back up to the Drykas.

"Yes, you work here can. We can use cleaner of pools. Maybe use Reimancy to help? I pay 200 Gold Miza a season, maybe lessons in Common too. You work seven days of ten, in the night. If accept, I have someone show you ropes," as she finished speaking Calyna smiled warmly at Eldon, waiting for his response to her offer.
My posting and other AS work will be slow for the time being. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to get back up and running at full speed soon.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on June 26th, 2011, 3:17 am

Eldon smiled and reached out his hand, nodding vigorously as he took hers and shook it. The deal was sealed, he was going to work in a place that he always dreamed of, flowing water. It was strange to think of the resource as being so abundant people just came here to bathe on a regular basis. In Endrykas, you might have the occasional pond or stream, a lake wasn't found, rainfall was rare. "Thank you. I will work very hard, I promise." And he would to. Eldon was not known for being lazily, lethargic, or even for being a procrastinator. Perhaps he made mistakes often, but that didn't mean he didn't try his best in nearly everything he did of importance. This would be no difference.

OOCI already PMed Dusk with the info.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Drask on July 19th, 2011, 4:55 am

21st of Summer, 511 AV

Drask looked at the stone staircase he had encountered on his first day in Syliras, not too long ago. Still, looking down the dark corridors he felt a sense of nostalgia tickle his head and sent chills down his back in a manner similar to that of his first visit. He smiled weakly, still frightened by the darkness that loomed near the base of the stone steps. He knew, now, of course what lied past it was nothing to be feared and that helped ease his worry as he descended. The torches on the wall reflected pleasantly in his eyes, the orange-red from the flames mingling with the bright yellow of his irises mingling with each other in a way that made them appear as 2 large suns shining brightly in the dimly lit hallway. A loud, coarse cough escaped Drask's throat and echoed down the flight of stairs and would have certainly alerted his presence to anyone residing at the bottom of the stairs. Not that he was hoping to enter undetected, in fact he hoped that he would be attend to as quickly as possible.

He walked up to the counter with labored breathing, a wheezing-like sound emitting from his throat. "Hello" he said, his voice almost a whisper, yet friendly. His face looked worn, and his eyelids seemed to droop partially over his eyes. His body seemed to limp slightly, and his arms were wrapped around him defensively. Drask knew full well that his appearance was not the least bit pleasant. He hadn't really expected it to be. "I would like to see healer" he said, louder in the hopes that he would not seem so defenseless.
Now a Rainbow's tale isn't quite as nice
As the story we knew of sugar and spice
But a Rainbow's easy once you get to know it
With the help of the magic of a Pegasus device.
Drask
Stray Animal

Words: 37564
Joined roleplay: May 16th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Archon on July 20th, 2011, 2:07 pm

As Drasked entered the reception area of the Soothing Water's it was clear he had Ivis' attention. It was hard for most people to not pay attention to someone so clearly sick, but to Ivis' credit he didn't even shy away as Ivis approached the desk he stood behind. Unlike several of the other patrons of the Soothing Waters nearby, who quickly shied back from Drask's approach.

"A bit under the weather?" Ivis asked with a friendly smile, "We can certainly help with that, my friend. Did you just want to be seen by a healer, or were you wanting a healing massage? A quick visit with the healer would cost you three Gold Miza, and would definitely help you to feel much better. A healing massage would be eight to ten Gold Miza, depending on length, and would not only help clear up your illness but also help relieve the aches and pains caused by it," Ivis' smile was warm and friendly as he made his offers to Drask.
Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Drask on July 21st, 2011, 2:35 am

Drask was pleased to see his appearance was not bad enough to off-set the man behind the desk. The idea of a massage sounded fantastic. He did have the Miza for it. Besides, the sooner he got better, the sooner he could start his job. The owner of the Golden Dragon would probably roast his head if he were to get the other customers sick. He also didn't want to die, which seemed like shockingly realistic thing to happen to him. He certainly hoped he wasn't dying. He had too much to do before he died.

"Healer...then massage". He coughed again, echoing loudly inside the stone entrance. Anything to get rid of the pain he was feeling. He would have eaten a horse, if that's what it took. Well, actually... horse wasn't all that bad, as long as he ate it in his wolf form. He hadn't tried it his human form though, but he was sure the inhabitants of Syliras wouldn't approve of such a thing. It was a stupid example, he decided. He pulled out the 10 Miza for the services and laid them out on the counter, counting carefully before pushing it towards the receptionist.
Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Archon on July 22nd, 2011, 7:07 pm

Ivis offered a sympathetic look to Drask at his loud cough, and then quickly swept the 10 Gold Mizas off of the counter and behind it to wherever he deposited the coin he took. Smiling warmly he waved over a young woman who had been passing by, apparently one of the employees of the Soothing Waters, and then spoke quickly to her, "Please take our guest to one of our private rooms, and then let Calyna know she's needed for some healing."

The woman nodded, and then led Drask down one of the side halls and into a private room. A corner was taken up with a small private bathing pool, but the majority of the space was dedicated to a padded massage table and shelves of oils and various other containers, "Please, feel free to get undressed and lay on the table. Calyna will be with you shortly," said the young woman with a polite bow, and then she was off.

Some time later Calyna arrived and got to work on Drask. With the combination of her skilled fingers and her Healing Gnosis marks Drask quickly found relief from the pain and coughing of his illness. By the time she was done not only was he feeling completely healthy, but his entire body felt in top condition. His limbs were limber and strong, and he felt like he had just woken up from the most restful sleep he had ever experienced.

Archon
Luminous Herald

Office

Postby Drask on July 22nd, 2011, 8:52 pm

Drask
Stray Animal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Gunho Ma on December 27th, 2011, 10:05 pm

Winter 20, 511 AV

Gunho Ma arrived at this location like any stranger from the the countryside. He looked out of place in his clothing and the bags on his back were too many for anyone who lived in the city to be carrying about. This was his first day in Syliras and he found the place he had been looking for already. The Soothing Waters Bath & Massage was just that famous an institution.

If he was going to learn more about therapeutic massage then this would be the place. He had received prior training, but his style was limited to massage meant to restore blood circulation and alleviate tension. He'd learned from a healer, not a true practitioner of massage.

He was now going to take that first step of self-improvement. "Good Morning," he would bend at the waist, putting his upturned palms together in front of his sternum during that bow. "I am Gunho Ma, I was Shinya - A monk from Lhavit. I have trained to perform therapeutic massage in my homeland but I seek to improve my techniques. I hope to work and learn here... if I must prove my ability I am also willing."

He remained bowed, his body language humble. He was truly only interested in learning more, but he didn't know if they accepted those without a a wealth of experience to under their belts. Was he skilled enough to serve here or would they send him back to the streets to seek knowledge elsewhere?
Gunho Ma
Monk & Masseur

Words: 79093
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2011, 4:35 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

PreviousNext