PM to join [Scarlet Sanctum] Waiting for Clients

Fallon is waiting at the Scarlet Sanctum to talk to a client about a job.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[Scarlet Sanctum] Waiting for Clients

Postby Fallon on January 24th, 2014, 2:15 pm

38th Winter 513 AV

Fallon clicked her neck. It was during the evening lull that the mercenary entered the establishment. Her back straight, her layers donned and neutralising of her features. There was the clink of steel, the unusual glances as she entered and shook off the cold. She smothered the face of business on, the heavy furs shielding her from the usual clean of this niche, and the hair tied fully back in an attempt for her to see clearly. It was obvious she was far from in place, tired - but wary - eyes watching the people, drifting quickly over them in her own state of embarrassment. Unknowing really on where to look, she could already feel that prickling heat forming under her collar. Of course, it was not for pleasure she was here for.

No, tonight she was on contract. And it was only through the request of her client that the pair met here to discuss it further. The Benshira Ruby gave only a questioning look to the androgynous Fallon, eying the various lumps of steel that were attached - taken back almost by her appearance. A gloved hand gave only a gesture of greeting, "I'm meeting someone. There will be no trouble."

She gave a step forward, the sounds of song and burlesque hitting her ears. She did not focus too long on the passing men - only swallowing briefly as she snapped her gaze from a particular specimen. Why of all places did it have to be here? Why? The people, the atmosphere? She almost felt it sticking to her skin as she walked on through, the suffocating scents of sweat and debauchery. When one of them did approach her though, all intents of serving she simply waved them off. Cloak thrown over the back of the chair she sat, her eyes looking ahead but far from anywhere in particular.

Fingers wrung, a rough exhale in an attempt to calm her nerves. It took a lot of focus to sit there and wait, her jaw stiffening as she placed the tulwar in its sheath leaning up against the table. Her back remained straight, eyes alert - she did not want to spend any more time in here than necessary. More so if she was already being thought as being a pretty boy by the staff. Gods be praised if they left her alone to her business.

Muttering she shook her head, "Petching hate this."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sophitia Vinder on February 17th, 2014, 9:58 pm

It didn’t matter that the petching place had been broken into. It didn’t matter that she’d suffered a kidnapping, and what she figured was the most confusing one ever. No, Sophie needed coin, and badly, so she would have to push all those thoughts out of her mind. It was easily one of the most stressful seasons of her life, and it wasn’t even half over. She would just have to accept that fact and move on. It seemed that was Sunberth, after all.

She had to get picked up tonight or she was going to starve. The young woman’s paltry reserves had nearly run dry. She might make it through the season, but if her fortunes didn’t change, something else was going to have to.

Alright Sophie. We can do this.

She pushed herself out onto the floor, trying to exude some semblance of confidence in herself. Her psyche had been tested and weakened so far this season, and her stash of coin had been the only thing more empty than her spirit. She needed money, and badly. It was a daily struggle to get food, but she was stretching every last copper as far as it would go. Tonight she would earn a few gold, enough that she didn't have stress over where her next meal would come from. Everything was already more expensive than it had been in ages, but as long as she only thought about her next meal, her next night’s sleep, she could make it. If she had to, she would sell her home, but only if it was between death and that.

As Sophie made her way through the tables, she let her hips start to sway. Her long, lean legs just seemed to keep going, skin entirely exposed until a black silky chemise cut off leering eyes from seeing anything of ‘value’. This was, of course, completely intentional. The temptation was supposed to cause men to pay to see what they were missing out on. It seemed foolproof, but there was something that the other women had that Sophie was lacking, because it wasn’t working.

With a soft huff, a determined looked covered her features as she scanned the various patrons for her target. It wasn’t terribly busy at the moment, so most of those looking for company already had one of the other girls helping out. It was bad form to intrude, so all she could do was walk around and hope that someone with particularly rich tastes decided one beauty wasn’t enough.

At least until she saw a young warrior sitting off alone, out of place enough that even Sophie noticed.

They looked ready for war, not a good fuck, and for some reason that was enough to send the dancer sauntering over where he was, unbeknownst to her, waiting on business. Not the kind she was offering.

”Good evening, love,” she said, sweetly, walking up behind the mercenary to offer her wares. She spoke loudly enough to announce her presence. Long ago had a lesson be learned regarding sneaking up on a patron. Few in Sunberth enjoyed surprises, and she’d gotten a bloody lip for an unannounced touch. She wouldn’t make that mistake again.

She leaned in and whispered in what she thought was a young man’s ear. ”I never did understand someone sitting alone in this place. Would’ya fancy a little company, good looking?” Butter him up with complements that she didn’t mean to get him interested. It didn’t matter whether he was handsome, ugly, skinny, or fat, as long as he had coin, lots of coin, and didn’t cause trouble. Unless he had lots of coin of course.

Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Words: 31228
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2014, 9:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on February 20th, 2014, 10:59 pm

It was hard not to slink down deeper into her chair, the dulled drum of fingers upon the chair arm and her eyes boring directly into the table surface. The chatter of women filled the air, the hummed purr as they whispered into the ears of their patrons. Tempting, teasing, building them up and luring them in. That was their job, to exploit, to control those primal needs and weaknesses - thus manipulate. So easy it would have been to trap and deal with here. To maim or even to kill. Gloved fingers rubbed at her jaw, her eyes slipping down to the tulwar as she waited and silently prayed that her contractor would arrive soon. The quicker this was dealt with the better.

Or at least until this harlot spoke.

Fallon's hairs rose, her throat constricting tightly as the sweet voice - enough so that Fallon would class it as sickly - drifted across. The mercenary's eyes slid around, looking and hoping that it was another target nearby, a rich looking man to cling and cuddle to. Pretend to be interested to his whims when really it was just a matter of getting coin and leaching every last drop. Forcing a swallow, she felt her hands go from the chair arms to her knees. But there was no rich man nearby, instead there was only her and whoever was hovering in ear shot.

When the hot breath caressed her ear however, Fallon stiffened. Her eyes focused more on the tulwar, unable to budge to the speaker - a woman she presumed. Lips gave a twitch, a desperate attempt to try and form some form of coherent words. A stammer, a falter, her mind falling to blanks. Nothing came she could use, no words of impulse or how to deter such attention, even more so when she managed to steal a glance of the scantily clad girl who was hovering so close. Blushing, the mercenary clasped her hands tightly together, silent in her response as this woman closed in. Why did she have to be the target? Why did this woman have to pick and try and lure her out?

"I... yes. Alone," she managed to release a low mumble, "I mean. Don't people generally... start alone?" Her brow furrowed into a line, her jaw tightening and grinding. The blush however remained strong with her digits wringing. She had to resist sprouting incoherent nonsense, more so as the compliments. Good looking? Fallon would not believe that one, or at least not right away, "I mean. I don't plan to continue to be alone. Can't ever be alone in a place like this." She gave a wince, perhaps only realising what had just been said. The embarrassment deepened, and she simply focused upon her hands, "I'm waiting. For someone. I swear that's it."

Nervous energy buzzed about her, her eyes not quite knowing where to look or settle upon. She chewed her lip, her shoulders hunched almost defensively. And all the while she was praying that the harlot would not get the wrong idea and would promptly leave her alone. It was that, or her client would suddenly appear and save her from the scene to allow business to commence. She managed to release only a feeble squeak after that, "Okay?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sophitia Vinder on April 20th, 2014, 8:33 pm

For someone who worked in the business of flesh, Sophie was still naive and inexperienced when it came to reading people. She could tell when someone was enjoying themselves, sure, but when they were tense or un-receptive, she wasn't quite sure what to do. Perhaps it was better to say, she didn't even realize that what she was doing was the wrong thing, and often times she would continue pressing down a path that led to nothing good.

She giggled sweetly as the mercenary stuttered nervously from her approach. It was their first time here, she assumed, and that could work to her advantage. She had a few ways to play it. Make him comfortable, ease him into the idea of sleeping with a whore and make it a build up.

Or she could just go for it.

"Don't worry, handsome," she said, taking the lack of outright refusal as an invitation. "I don't think I could leave you alone even if I was told to. You're in here, lookin' for someone, right? I sure hope that I can be that someone for you. We can do this however you want, love." She brushed her fingers against the back of her mark's neck, and then decided that his indecisiveness, required bold action.

Sophie took a step around the mercenary, flipped a leg up and over their lap and made herself comfortable, now seated on Fallon. It was, of course, at that moment that Sophie realized that the warrior she was trying to seduce was not a male. The young harlot froze momentarily, unable to hide her shock despite her best efforts. Eyes widened, and her lips parted in surprise.

"I..Uh..I'm.." She shook her head and tried to play it off. "By the gods, you're beautiful." Her cheeks flushed bright red, the brunette girl hoping that her prospective customer would take it as being taken aback by her looks, and not the complete shame that came from her error. If she complained to Ruby about Sophie's actions, the prostitute may have found herself out of the job. The worst thing about the entire situation was the fact that Sophie had made this mistake before, only the genders had been reversed. It turned out a man disliked being confused for a woman just as much as it seemed women disliked being confused for men. All she could do was pray that she wasn't too offended by her mistake and just move on with things, even if it meant their parting.

Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on April 24th, 2014, 2:47 pm

Fallon stiffened, a sharp inhale as she tried to focus herself. A chew on the lip, her fingers clenching upon the arm of the chair as she continued her sinking. The leg twitched violently, eyes stating ahead as the harlot continued to slink around her, that honeyed purr looking to calm and sooth - which instead amplified her internal worries and panics. There was a tremble, a wince as her eyes were screwed up tightly as the fingers traced across her neck. And it was only at such a time that she wished she could simply get up and leave.

Of course, she could not. She was stuck here until her own client came and the talk of business began. There was a swallow, the eyes darting about looking almost for a way out. How quickly could she throw the woman off and dart onwards between the tables - never to look back. Shuddering, she forced words to escape, "No, no I'm fine! I swear. Rather be alone, thank you. It's how I wa-"

She did not gain the chance to finish. The leg swept over, the pressing of one form into the other as the harlot made herself comfy. Hands lifted from the arm, clawed and poised as if to grab. Of course, there was uncertainty a hovering above one shoulder and the other flailing above the knee. Her mouth opened, words failing her and her throat closing up tightly in response. The mercenary was red too, cheeks taking on that glow and a moment of petrifaction as she stared. Lips twitched, eyes wide as she tried to slow the situation down into something more manageable.

It was almost as if Fallon's entire mind had reset, or tried to claw onto some form of common sense. A slow blink, a forced inhale as her feet flattened on the floor. Breathe, relax, think, clarify the thoughts. The girl had stopped being so forward with her now, but that may have been due her being temporarily stunned by the revelation opening up before her. Hands lowered, her head leaning back into the chair as she chased onto composure. With a gentle incline of the head, she continued her lean away to take the woman in properly.

"Hello," was the first thing that escaped the lips of Fallon - though it came more as a nervous croak, "As I was... saying- I uh. What? Beautiful?" she paused and cocked an eyebrow, "How much do they pay you to say that one then?" As the ticks went by the mercenary found herself hardening, a level playing field being established between the two women. The head titled to one side, the lips pursing into a line, "Sorry, I... just. Never mind. I am not going to be alone." Eyes blinked, the choosing of words carefully as she put up that mental wall between the pair, "I... am waiting for a client? T'is Business." She paused, and then raised her finger to point. Ideas began to form, a niggling to understand what was going on, "But... maybe you can help me for tonight. And not in the whoring sense. Are you listening?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sophitia Vinder on May 2nd, 2014, 9:56 pm

Sophie missed sign after sign that she was aggravating her potential client. Or the zero potential client, as it were. Then tension, the rigid stance, the nervousness and discomfort in 'his' voice. All of it was taken for someone who wasn't sure what they wanted. Reality was so very different. It was a lesson which Sophie had been taught time after time and yet hadn't actually learned. Instead, she felt smug and cocky. And why shouldn't she have? It was like taking coin from a baby. If babies went to whorehouses, of course.

I've got him right where I want him. Maybe we're both getting a little lucky tonight.

Her confidence was shattered in a moment. What she thought was was an easy mark was anything but. What she took for a man was indeed a woman, and one quite flustered by her presence. Millions of thoughts ran through Sophie's head, but none of them were the obvious one: Get off the woman.

A light pink tone went even deeper at the mercenary's words. The accusation was spot on. 'Not enough,' was the silent answer. She was supposed to make each and every patron feel like a million gold rimmed mizas. Maybe not using the exact words that she chose, but it still held true. From the most handsome of men (who were rare) to the most disgusting of slobs, they were all the most attractive person in the world when she spoke to them. Even when it was clear they didn't believe her, many of them ate it up. Others simply got to business.

Sophie remained seated as Fallon explained her situation, oblivious as always. The woman was already meeting someone there, no room or need for the prostitute's services. Still, there seemed to be some hope as the woman offered her a chance to help her. Sophie could only hope that it meant some sort of payment yet. She was happy to help people, but she hardly had the coin to help herself.

Although Sophie was often lacking in awareness of her surroundings, something about Ruby making her rounds always caught her eye. If she caught her slacking off or wasting time with patrons not interested, she was sure to get reprimanded. Ruby ran a reputable joint with the best girls. If she couldn't cut it, she'd find herself on the streets.

"It's all for show," she said without explaining, leaning in and pressing her lips against those of the mercenary beneath her. Ruby passed, giving no sign on awareness or acknowledgement. Sophie held onto the kiss a few moments more, just to be safe, and then pulled away, acting as though nothing had happened. "So what kind of help do you need?" She tilted her head to the side, smiling innocently at the merc.

Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 8th, 2014, 6:27 pm

No warning, that was what she was given. The tender taste, the lean in with only a mumbling of words upon her lips before it happened. There was a flinch, the screwing up of eyes as she recoiled back slightly. Even the entire body seemed to stiffen in recoil. Fingers clenched, tightening upon the arm of the chair, a hiss escaping as she felt the lips press. Discomfort as she tried to find some level of control. Images flickered, the discomfort of memories pressing against the forefront of her mind. The mind gave a shout, looking to shudder itself free from the skin that bound her.

No, she could not do this. Not without finding that element of fear rising into her. She pulled away, gaze snapping away from the woman and her head shortly following. A sharp inhale, a series of blinks turning her mind over. For a moment the persona of the mercenary, of Bitzer, was lost beneath the flurry of thoughts and emotions. Worry, fear, anxiety, a rush of negativity that looked to reject. The leg shook, her throat tightening and constricting as she forced in air.

The whore had said something, a movement and a smile that whilst innocent was no doubt laced in the intentions of something much more. This was her property, her kingdom of work. And Fallon? She had walked right into a den of lions and expected to walk out without a potential marring to her ego and name. Shrinking down into her chair, she felt her body shake - instinctive, caught in a state of petrifaction as she tried to process what exactly was going on. An exhale, followed by a forced inhale. Calm, she needed to find a state of calm. Somehow.

"Don't..." she forced a breath to escape, a low sigh as she looked upon the woman beneath her brow, "I just... don't... do that." It was hard to move, to find the strength to push the woman away. Her hand raised, and she smothered her eyes behind the palm of her hand, "Sorry, just... don't. I... no. Help... yes. Must focus on what is important." A swallow, a looking for composure behind the still trembling tones of her voice. Lips were wetted, a gentle chew before she continued speaking, "The help I need is information. What can you tell me about Ruby's? The people... who come here?" Fallon managed to reach into the layers of her coat at that point, and summoned out a single gold miza between her fingers presenting it to the woman. Or at least until she curled the digits in and secured it in the palm of her hand, "And by the gods... don't kiss me. It isn't appreciated. If you really have to do something intimate," She pointed to the crook of her neck, "Do it there."

"Anyway... onto business,"
There was a final shudder, the trembling of reigns over her ego. Too thin, she knew it would break if there was anything more happened without a chance to compose herself, "So... what have you heard of late?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sophitia Vinder on May 22nd, 2014, 1:24 pm

Once again, Sophie was oblivious to the tension she created. To her, a kiss was one of two things. Business, or pleasure. The two rarely, if ever, intermingled. The times where it was completely unpleasant were something she could count on both her hands. Even the most disgusting, horrendous of creatures pushing their lips against hers had a silver lining; but Sophie wished it were gold.

When she broke the kiss, the prostitute regarded Fallon with a curious look. It seemed it had taken nearly everything that mercenary had to keep her composure after her little move. It had only been a kiss. Was it really that big of a deal?

Did I go to far? Am I a terrible kisser? Oh no, it couldn't be. Has that been my problem this entire time? How embarassing. How shameful. Or maybe...Maybe I was her first kiss?! It couldn't be that? C-could it?

Fallon's order snapped the young woman back into reality. So she really wasn't looking for anyone in that kind of way. Seemed quite odd that she would come to Ruby's then, but she wasn't about to argue with her. "The people who come here?" she parroted, tilting her head slightly to the side. As far as she knew there were only one kind of people who came into the building of debauchery that she called her workplace.

Though she isn't here for that...

The brunette found her views somewhat shifted by the mercenary's entrance into her life. Perhaps it was far too simple a view to think that everyone in a whorehouse wanted a whore, but Sophie hadn't thought much past that. It was a place of business, and if you had no interest in the wares...

"I mean, I'm not sure what you're askin'," she replied honestly, making no reaction to Fallon's preferred location of 'intimacy.' It wasn't as though Sophie was getting paid for their interaction here, so what use was playing that game any more. Unless Ruby came near, of course. She would attack that neck with fervor if that were the case. "People come here for pleasure and to forget the world, miss. I've found they ain't terribly interested in chatter." The young harlot shifted slightly back on Fallon's lap, putting more of her weight on her own long legs.

"There somethin' you're searchin' for, love?" Sophie smiled for the merc, missing the intent behind Fallon's request. An informant the girl was not.
Sophitia Vinder
Lost in the Moment!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fallon on May 28th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Fallon inhaled deeply. Her head rocked back, her brow creasing in annoyance, she could not do this anymore. It was difficult enough to have such a close proximity with another who sold flesh, her skin writhed underneath at every mumbled groan and giggle that escaped. What made it worse was the fact the woman seemed incapable of any real thought beyond the obvious. Fingers pinched upon her brow, that whistling exhale between the white of her teeth. It was more than simply just annoying – it was unbearable.

Raising her head she looked square onto the woman, the tones rolling and rippling from her throat, ”You mean to say, you cannot tell the difference from a baker and a dagger?” Eyes gave a narrow, a single brow raising as she scrutinized the woman. Either she was stupid, or just being difficult with the sharing of information. Or, she wanted specific questions. At the moment however, Fallon was leaning more towards the former – it would make the most sense after all. Chin lifted in challenge, an incline of the head to one side, ”I search for information. Information is a useful thing to have. With it you can create so many instances, opportunities and plans.”

Mutely shaking her head she turned her gaze around at people, ”For example…” she nodded her head towards an older man a set distance away and brought her voice to a whisper, ”See the gentleman over there, the one with the dark eyes woman?” she paused, ”Well look at his hand. The left one. A man who wears a ring in a brothel, more so on that finger. Tell me, what does that tell you about the man?” She returned her gaze up to the harlot, ”Could be several things, money for one. Or that there is something that he wishes to forget? Little things are importa-.”

”You Bitzer?” she heard a male voice. Her attention snapped round to look upon another man – obviously not one of Ruby’s – and she gave only a nod as she spoke, “That’s I. You must me the client.”
”Excellent. See you’ve made yourself comfy with the ladies. Like pleasure and business at the same time, eh?”
“More like she’s made herself comfy with me,”
her brow pinched and then she focused her attention to the woman, ”I’m not a big fan of work and play at the same time. It can be distracting.” If that wasn’t a clue then she wasn’t sure what would be. She presented the gold miza she kept nestled in the palm of her hand and presented it to the harlot to take, ”The one I am waiting for is here. So, if you don’t mind…”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Avarice on September 22nd, 2014, 1:09 pm

Succumb to Your Desires
Fallon :
Skills:
  • Persuasion +1
Loot:
  • -1 gm
Consequences:
  • N/A
Lores:
  • Scarlet Sanctum: Reeks of Sweat and Sex
  • Scarlet Sanctum: An Embarrassing Place to Meet
  • Sophitia: The Harlot with the Sickly Sweet Voice
  • Sophitia: A Persistent Harlot
  • Sophitia: A Source of Frustration
  • Sophitia: Cannot See Past the Obvious
  • Stammered Protests Seldom Succeed

Sophitia :
Skills:
  • Seduction +2
  • Observation +1
  • Subterfuge +1
Loot:
  • +1 gm
Consequences:
  • N/A
Lores:
  • Fallon: Male at First Glance
  • Fallon: Not a Potential Mark
  • Fallon: On Business, Not Pleasure
  • Ruby: No Tolerance for Slacking
  • Discovering Genders the Hard Way
  • Information: "A Useful Thing to Have"

Comments :
This was a hilarious read! I especially enjoyed just how flustered Fallon was getting! Please remember to update your ledgers and CS's in addition to editing your grading request to reflect that it has been attended to! Any questions, comments, or things you wish to throw at me? Shoot me a PM! :)
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)