Placeholder Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on February 7th, 2014, 4:11 am

53rd Day of Winter, 513AV
Outside Sunberth
8th Bell

Sleep was shattered and day began and Razkar moaned into the cold, uncaring air... for 'twas more than just mundane reality nudging him out of his dreams. In fact, "nudging" would have been a nice way of putting it.

"It" as actually sitting on his chest and shaking his shoulders.

"Gods, female," he groaned again, screwing his eyes shut and squirming under her, too tired to feel even his usual arousal at her straddling him, "Did I really say this early...?"

The Myrian didn't need her to answer. Of course he'd set the time, and the place, and the schedule of the day. A hunt in the woods and then a very special gift for his female... but then she went ahead and... tired him out.

Thoroughly. And repeatedly.

Another bass roar like a wounded bear and the Myrian rubbed his face with his callused hands, feeling his piercings shift and pinch under his touch. He slapped his cheeks lightly and stretched his eyelids wised... then scowled.

"You can get off whenever you like, if y-"

She rolled her hips and he hissed, for words were no longer sufficient. Instead Razkar growled and gripped them without thinking, teeth bared.

"Fine. If you're going to fight dirty..."

With one strong jerk of his hips and pull of his arms, she was on her side next to him, and Razkar could begin wreaking his revenge...
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on February 13th, 2014, 6:38 am

Mornings were Edreina favorite time of day. Everything was pale and fresh and just waking; so many possibilities were born with Syna's rise. More often than not, she rose with the first gray fingers of dawn, moving to stand at the window. Winter had truly fallen, she mused this morning, smiling at the way that the cold, crisp air kept the stench of the city to some sort of a minimum. A shiver danced across her skin, raising little bumps among the freckles. The Svefra closed the shutters and turned to her still sleeping lover, a gentle smile on her lips.

Without fear of what could happen, Edreina decided she would startle the Myrian into consciousness. With a whoop, she ran over and leapt onto him, landing astride his hips with enough force to rock the bed, making its legs screech over the wooden floor and the headboard hit the wall with a thud. After that, she started shaking his shoulders, repeating "Wake up" in his harsh, native Myrian. His first words were so terribly jumbled, Edreina could not decipher which language it may have been.

"Did I really say this early...?"

Edreina grinned, leaning down to kiss his lips, cheeks and then his still closed eyes, giggling as she sat up again. "You said first light. I'm afraid you've taken so long that it is now second." He went about slapping himself and she let her hands trace the patchwork of scars and tattoos adorning his chest. Razkar's scowl brought a smile to her lips. She knew that look and what would follow it.

Halfway through his speech, she rolled her hips, letting the motion arch her body over him, shaking her hair ever so slightly and biting her lip so that she bore the wild look he fancied. His rough hands found her hips and she let out an involuntary song of longing though her body was still sore from the night before.

"Fine. If you're going to fight dirty..."

The Svefra gasped and then giggled breathlessly at her treatment, pushing feebly at his chest. "Raz..." She drug his name out, expression caught between grinning and pouting until finally she gave up and settled on grinning. It took a moment, but she managed to disentangle herself from her tanned lover and fall gracelessly to the wooden floor. Her head popped up over the bed once again as the redhead attempted to regain some modicum of composure and pride, sitting cross-legged as if her silly flop had never happened.

To her feet she rose, bare as the day she was born and regretting it as the world beyond her covers was chilled from the once-open window. How had she not noticed sooner? Shivering, she traipsed over to her clothes and wiggled quickly into her leather pants and vest, flicking her heavy brown cloak about her shoulders an instant later. Once that was done, she strapped the glinting gladius to her hip, hissing at its cold, and then the whip to the other.

Razkar was readying himself now, likely grumbling something under his breath about the state of his family jewels. Her arms around his waist and cheek against the center of his back would, hopefully, put a stop to that. "I promise... I'll make up for it once you've made a kill." Her voice was quite, but full of promise. After all, it was cold and there may be need for them to... keep one another warm.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Words: 1079180
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2013, 1:40 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Lore Author (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on February 14th, 2014, 1:13 am

"To Blessed Myri, I pledge thee. For my kin, I wield thee..."

Razkar supposed that Edreina would be capable of reciting his morning pledges word for word by that time. It had been... nearly a year? How much of that had they been sharing the same bed and the same mornings? Enough for him to be familiar with his morning ritual, when his swift washing was done and his harness clasped to his body, and then...

His weapons. Not "tools", as he'd heard others refer to them as, though the Myrian understood the pragmatic term, even if he found it... almost blasphemous. They used tools; he wielded steel and iron in the service of a goddess.

The barbarians would scoff or grimace at such savage sentiment. Razkar had long passed caring.

Zek... Yurta... Wolf... Aya...

Gladius... hand ax... kukri... dagger... all had names of those he loved and cherished, and all were fighters proven in blood and battle. As each was slid into a sheath or clasped to his belt, he recited those fervent, muttered words, eyes closed. Only his bow and the tricky little punching dagger he carried were without names... and the former, in particular, would soon need one.

It has reaped enough for the Goddess-Queen, after all. Is it fitting to let such a servant continue without so much as a title?

"I promise... I'll make up for it once you've made a kill."

Razkar turned so fast his weapons jangled (well, "clanked", as Jilene had so aptly described it), a frown on his face that was still on the verge of breaking into a befuddled smile. "A kill"? Since when did his peaceful, nurturing Edri sound so... brazen, when it came to the hunt?

The Myrian looked her up and down with a cocked eyebrow, taking his time as he walked over, enjoying the face that unlike with his females, he could comfortably tower over this one...

"I will hold you to that, female." He growled, dipping his face low to sniff at her neck, close enough for the heat of his breath to raise goosebumps. "But for now, we need to move. It's about a half-bell's brisk walk to the city's edge, and I don't want to lose the dawn."

Without waiting for a further response, the Myrian stepped around her, snatching up his rucksack, bow and quiver as he went, looping the latter two over his shoulder as he went. Breeches, sandals, shirt and cloak... purse, naturally, since only the mad or terminally stupid left gold just lying around in Sunberth... and his kits were in the rucksack he carried.

Now we just have to catch something. Oh, so easily said...

"Come along, Edri," he said with a smile over his shoulder, "Lets not keep that "kill" waiting."
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on February 27th, 2014, 5:18 am

"I will hold you to that, female."

Edreina stiffened faintly, breath hitching as his own danced across her neck. Her fingers twitched with the urge to reach out and slip into the waistband of his breeches, pulling him close. But, she was wise enough to know that once they were like that, it would be chimes before they parted again. There was something intoxicating about their mingling chemistry. Even being called 'female', something that had once peeved her deeply, had come to be yet another trait she related directly with who Razkar was and, because of that, favored faintly.

Turning on her heel to follow him, the Svefra smiled faintly and tucked her hands behind her back like any obedient little student should.

Their trip through Sunberth was gloriously uneventful; the city was still waking. Because of that, only particular faces moved in the early, gray shadows. They were the faces of painted whores after a long night's work, of armed men who served someone other than themselves, helping someone else to sleep easily, perhaps, and of children, taking advantage of the world when they could still travel about it without fear of the adults who ruled it. Unlike in Zeltiva, here she walked abreast her lover, hoping to present the front of two well armed and, assumable, well-trained mercenaries instead of their conjured visage of a fierce master and his fair student. Edreina kept her hood low so that the innocent glittering of her eyes would not give them away; her eyes held the evidence of her desire to see the world and learn how it worked, not take it by blood and by blade.

Dawn was just beginning in full when they reached the jagged edge of Sunberth, stepping out into the wilderness that lay beyond. At one time, she had feared the wilds and found comfort in the city. How things had changed in a pair of seasons... "Razkar," she asked quietly, "What is next for us?" Even when still and quite, the city made her uneasy. It was wrong, in her opinion, to feel constantly ill at ease. They had done their job and more, making sure that the displaced Denvali were acclimating relatively well. What else was there for them? She knew that Razkar reveled in the wanton violence of the city, but he could hold his own. It was so utterly unfair, to her, that she remained cooped up in the room most of the time, too afraid to venture out without the Myrian's protection.

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on February 28th, 2014, 5:56 am

Well, isn't that just The Question...

Razkar thought on it hard before even trying to put an answer together. In the romantic tales of bards, all it took was a few breaths and a somber smile to give the leading male his wisdom. Razkar was not of that kind.

He was a man that made his life from the death of others, either for coin or for the Glory of Blessed Myri. Edreina was not, would not and he was sure could not lead such a life.

And so, a compromise was needed; a change of direction. But to where? What would they do? How would they get there? Would it last? Could it?

Wonderful, boy. Succeeding in fracturing one big question into a gaggle of smaller ones, and finding an answer for none.

"We won't tarry long in this city, my wave," he said suddenly, as if proving to himself he had some kind of answer. A pair of passing peddlers glared his way and then made a wide berth when he leveled their amateur scowls with one of his own. "The Denvali are well-settled. Our cause to be here is gone..."

He wished he could speak further to her about his arrangement with Everto, but the less she knew, the better. She knew Razkar had some business with him - why else would he be carrying around one of those creepy pigeon golems? - but as to what it's nature was... the Myrian would not speak a word.

But she probably didn't have to think too hard as to the answer.

"Once it is complete," Razkar said with a shrug, new optimism creeping into his voice as they left the cobbles and the brick and the stench of vomit and shit, finding frozen grass under their feet and woods looming ahead, "Go back the way we came, I suppose. Zeltiva. Syliras. I have heard the lands in the north, above the jungle, can be beautiful, in a cold, desolate way... or the deserts in the far south."

The Myrian stopped and shed his bow and arrows, his hunting and trapping knapsack, even his cloak, lowering himself to his knees and smiling up at his lover.

"Or the oceans. Anywhere but this place, my love..."

He glanced once more over his shoulder at the dank thicket of of smoke and sorrow, then turned back to the forest. Not a patch on the choking jungle of his home, and poorer still after Winter had ravaged ever trace of green or leaf from her... but still a purer place than any spot in Sunberth.

"Green Goddess, Friend to the Children of Myri," he spoke softly in his own tongue, hands working by themselves as they emptied a handful of tobacco into one hand, dug a small hole with his other, "We thank thee for the bounty we shall reap. Your children shall not suffer at our hands. We give for that which we take... and we shall take no more than what we need."

The Myrian smoothed over the hole and the buried chunk of Taloba Grey. After a few more moments he stood back up and picked up the rest of his gear. Thanks and offering had been made, but the hunt was still ahead, and Syna's rise was scattering fragments of light throughout the shadowy wood. Razkar's own eyes glittered at the reflection of it.

Good. Their vision is never the best in this hour, caught between night and day. But first, a trail, a sign, a trace of passing... a thread to lead us to them...

"The time is right, female," he said, rifling through his kit and sprinkling something from a bottle on him as he spoke, "Get low, and get your eyes there, too. We need to find some sign of our prey. Oh, and-"

He held the bottle out to her, not even a hint of an apology or awkwardness in his eyes.

"Deer piss. Part of the hunt, darling..."

But plenty of a hint of a smile. The fucker.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Edreina on March 7th, 2014, 4:37 am

Some street rat will probably dig that up... The Svefra thought with a morbid sigh. Her head shook faintly at the realization that this city had made her darker, more so than traveling with a Myrian had in nigh on three seasons.

Edreina grimaced as she took the bottle from him, sprinkling some over herself, fighting a groan at the deep, musky scent. How the petch do people even get this stuff? Whoever had that job was absolutely not envied by the redhead. Almost vindictively, the bottle flew back through the air and towards the Myrian. "Now what, snake-shyke?" She did not know what the curse meant, only that Razkar used it out of annoyance at times and its grungy, growling sound fit her mood. She liked hunting; she hated covering herself in piss and mud.

Dirty and Svefra, a people of the rolling water and dancing wind, did not mix.

But, there was always something new to find when she went hunting with Razkar, stepping lightly behind him, careful to step where he did to avoid making noise. Still, twigs snapped and dry leaves crumbled angrily from existence wherever she walked. Edreina was absolutely not made for this. For Razkar she would continue to try, though.

"What is this?" Pale, freckled fingers reached out to gingerly touch a long, furry looking moss. It was not like any she had seen before and maintained a sickly orange hue. It completely escaped her in that instant that her Myrian was not all knowing and that this forest was not like the one he grew up in. Trees were trees and they only faintly differed from bushes, in her opinion.

Eventually, the aimless wandering through the trees came into a temporary end as Razkar crouched, sighting something. Edreina stilled. The wind blew through the trees, creating a faint hum. Over it, the Svefra could just about make out the faint snuffling of a muzzle in grass and the heavy yet lithe steps of a hoof-bearing creature. Hm. Perhaps Razkar's been able to teach me more than I thought...

(c) Wanda Endust
Edreina
Unbound

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Flesh And Bone (Edreina)

Postby Razkar on March 7th, 2014, 9:43 pm

"Now what, snake-shyke?"

If anyone else had dared use the Myrian slang for the Dhani to Razkar's face, they'd have lost a tooth (at minimum). But the smirking male knew well his female, seeing her attitude was from discomfort, not malice... and he gave a roll of his eyes, catching the vial offhanded.

"Now we hunt." He said with an amiable smile, then switched back to Common. "Oh, stop being so dramatic..."

He turned his back on her grumbling form and concentrated on the task at hand. She'd wanted this, after all. You want it, you better be prepared for all of it. The Myrian sniffed the air, trying to sense something beyond the cloying stench of old urine.

Not much, but... no. Cold's drying their droppings too fast for the stench to carry. Looks like we'll be relying on our eyes and ears.

The deeper they slunk and crept, the more Razkar was realized the strange paradox at work. He was, obviously, in a forest, filled with trees and branches and little lumps of sticks that used to be bushes. So little green, though... so open and without the impenetrable canopy of Falyndar.

Forest, yes. Jungle? Not even close.

"What is this?"

More vexing was Edreina's unconscious reminding of him that in these lands, the Myrian hunter was far from knowledgeable. Deer, boar, squirrels, wolves, the larger beasts of the wilds, yes, he knew them. But the wilds themselves? Goddess... everything was different. They didn't pulse with life like in the jungle, an endless, unfathomable teeming of countless creatures. Here the forests seemed dead, or sleeping, and Razkar was actually surprised a patch of moss had survived the cold. Ah, speaking of which-

"Well, ah..." He said hesitantly, trying to think of any words other than "I have no petching clue", "It... looks like, ah... fungus."

The deadpan look she gave him was enough to wither the most virile of egos, and finally he just shrugged.

"Fine, I have no petching clue, can we get on with this, please?"

Get on they did, until the frost- and snow-caked ground finally gave up something. Razkar's eyes glittered as he crouched down lower, seeing a familiar imprint in the snow. He bent down closer, marveling at how hard something could be to make out just because it was all in white. But there were contours there, a shape that his fingers could caress...

"Deer." He whispered as his female came over, eyes skimming over the track at his fingers and finding another, and another, working out the direction. "Heading... over the hill. Probably to a stream or a pond. Maybe-"

The wind picked up and instead of a rustling of leaves there was a rattling of dead, stricken branches, but even that couldn't hide the sound. Something definitely... living, breathing, snorting against the ground on the other side of the rise. A burst of crushed branches and crunching leaves that was more than just snow falling from the trees.

The Myrian turned to his lover and smiled, but not just at the sound. Her face bore the same light of realization: she'd heard it too. He leaned in close and pecked her cheek, just once (not thinking until after that he might have got some of the deer piss on his face).

"Getting better, my wave," he muttered, unlimbering his bow and notching an arrow, "Stay low as you can. Once we reach the top of the rise, we'll see what we have found, and the best place to shoot from. Remember: nothing more than a whisper, and luck is with us." He shot her a quick, feral grin and winked "We're downwind. As long as we don't make too much noise nor show ourselves, this should be simple..."

Famous last words, many would have told him as they watched the Myrian and the Svefra begin their slow creep up the wooded hill. Other beasts roamed the Wilds outside Sunberth, and given their ghastly human neighbors, most learned to distrust the rampaging two-legs. They rarely got these deep into the woods, however... and for good reason.

Half a league away, something vast and furry sniffed the air and made a confused little snuffling sound with a snout as long as Razkar's forearm.

Bad smell. Wrong. Close.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes